Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ugh, it's the really bad arrange version too. Can't stick to the classics huh.
How did Puppet Dance Performance turn out anyway? What with there being a million mods by random people before it, was the actual game well made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

HGH posted:

How did Puppet Dance Performance turn out anyway? What with there being a million mods by random people before it, was the actual game well made?

It was very good and you should play it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The expansion's even better. Slightly.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 2, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

HGH posted:

Freed from the constraints of rom hacking it does a lot of cool things.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
The ghost type in the game isn't good enough.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Dr Pepper posted:

Freed from the constraints of rom hacking it does a lot of cool things.

Yes. A lot of the annoying legacy game mechanics from the original Pokemon games (things like training skills, levelling up other puppets in the party, etc), have been streamlined, so it plays a lot more smoothly.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Yeah, I love the skill system. Having their old moves available to teach them at any time is awesome. Everyone always getting XP no matter if they took part is also great; I think even the Pokemon games have realised this part sucks, since I think they give the XP Share pretty early in the new games.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

The game's mechanics are pretty good, but I thought that the difficulty curve was pretty off.

Like, generic trainers were laughably easy, but any actual Touhou characters with cutscenes that you had to fight were backbreakingly difficult.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Irisize posted:

The game's mechanics are pretty good, but I thought that the difficulty curve was pretty off.

Like, generic trainers were laughably easy, but any actual Touhou characters with cutscenes that you had to fight were backbreakingly difficult.

Just like in the official games :v:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For better or worse, they've been easing up on the trainer difficulty overall (in that you'll outlevel the bosses without even trying). Although they did implement a new AI that uses switching, and tries to anticipate your switching too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
If you didn't just grind till your starter overleveled everything and could just steamroll the entire game, I don't know what to tell you.

Or at least Toyohime would do that if she weren't 4x weak to Grass, AKA the thing seemingly every god drat trainer in the game has access to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

For better or worse, they've been easing up on the trainer difficulty overall (in that you'll outlevel the bosses without even trying). Although they did implement a new AI that uses switching, and tries to anticipate your switching too.

I'm cool with this just because my general plan of continuously adding more and more touhous to my team necessitated a lot of grinding.

So what exactly does the expansion add anyway? Is it just like a 3rd version of most pokemon games where it's the same general story and such but with just a few extra bits and gameplay improvements?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm cool with this just because my general plan of continuously adding more and more touhous to my team necessitated a lot of grinding.

So what exactly does the expansion add anyway? Is it just like a 3rd version of most pokemon games where it's the same general story and such but with just a few extra bits and gameplay improvements?

Yes, that. It's the same basic story with some major map redesigns and quite a few new events (like, there are new towns and such). Gameplay-wise, there's a new type, a new style for each puppet, and some balance changes. Oh, and they added the new characters that came out this year (ULiL and LoLK), obviously. There's also a New Game+ feature so you can start over without having to throw away all your old puppets.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

Yes, that. It's the same basic story with some major map redesigns and quite a few new events (like, there are new towns and such). Gameplay-wise, there's a new type, a new style for each puppet, and some balance changes. Oh, and they added the new characters that came out this year (ULiL and LoLK), obviously. There's also a New Game+ feature so you can start over without having to throw away all your old puppets.

Ok. That sounds really cool and a new type could help balance things out (or make things more unbalanced), but if it's the same price as the original game it'll be a hard purchase for me.

Though if any characters from hell get a "Welcome Hell" costume I may have to reconsider.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Bye bye moon

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
While you losers have been fussing over your crappy romhack, I've been being a real patrician and playing Shoot Shoot Nitori: The Golden by Twilight Frontier instead.

I'd say it's easier than the original, but does add a bunch of cool stuff like extra characters and a shop where you can buy items beforehand.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Touhou Puppet Dance Performance is not a romhack, and you should be ashamed for calling it such.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

TPDP is as much a romhack as Clownpiece is not poo poo

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 5, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I always knew you really loved Clownpiece under it all.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I hosed up my words

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

so do you have like an ironic avatar or what's the deal with you

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

voltcatfish posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

listen dude I just can't tell if that guy is tsundere for clownpiece or not

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Someone bought it for me in this thread.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

volt's avatar is really good

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I used to think you were freak futanari from yours

(Is that from an official GG omake or something?)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

if you're not down with TOSHINOU KYOUKO, then you can go to the moon and hang out with stupid rabbits

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Takoluka posted:

if you're not down with TOSHINOU KYOUKO, then you can go to the moon and hang out with stupid rabbits

Anyone who doesn't like Kyouko is a bad person.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

which is why ayano is the best person and chinatsu is the worst

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

WarpedNaba posted:

I used to think you were freak futanari from yours

(Is that from an official GG omake or something?)

why would having an avatar of elphelt valentine make me freak futanari. what are you, an anime av discriminator??

also matoi ryuko edited this av together for me from this fanart i posted in the anime chat thread

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Elphelt is the best girl and i am glad that more people appreciate her.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

listen dude I just can't tell if that guy is tsundere for clownpiece or not

He's

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

anyone posting in here is pretty much going to be tsundere for at least a touhou

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

anyone posting in here is pretty much going to be tsundere for at least a touhou

Can't I be deredere for the best Touhou?

Hata no Kokoro?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Elphelt is the best girl and i am glad that more people appreciate her.

I thought you were a Ram Man

Or are your reviews lies

Takoluka posted:

which is why ayano is the best person and chinatsu is the worst

Wait, is this that IdolMaster thing? The admins wanted to clear out the SS13 servers for a few minutes to run a stress test about a month back, so they put on a clip of them singing 'You better not run'.

It worked

The Colonel posted:

why would having an avatar of elphelt valentine make me freak futanari. what are you, an anime av discriminator??

also matoi ryuko edited this av together for me from this fanart i posted in the anime chat thread

That's cool.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AdorableStar posted:

Can't I be deredere for the best Touhou?

Hata no Kokoro?

*sigs*

*writes another box on the "Insufferable touhou shitposter" form*

Saaaaaay who you are Kuudere and Yandere fooooor????

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

WarpedNaba posted:

Wait, is this that IdolMaster thing?

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Appreciate Clownpiece.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

*sigs*

*writes another box on the "Insufferable touhou shitposter" form*

Saaaaaay who you are Kuudere and Yandere fooooor????

I am all the dere for the best character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

don't bully