Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

drunken officeparty posted:

Couldn't you just like...speed up the video a little bit? I know Minesweeper has accepted versions that record some details and detect cheats, although it's loving minesweeper and if you want to cheat for records you can cheat for records but people have been caught before.

Usually people stream these things live so there's no speeding up any videos, and secondly other people familiar with the game are going to verify and very likely notice if a supposed WR video runs faster than the game normally would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
A little disappointed this game doesn't have more walls connected at right angles.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

You know the million monkey thing?

Yeah it's that, basically.

But it's not a million monkeys with infinite time, it's a handful of hypernerds and year!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Clearly if the devs didn't intend for these to be solutions, they wouldn't have made the walls so short.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

Alighieri posted:

time and accidents

And sometimes trying stuff that works in other games on the same engine.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Good stuff

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
At least theres no 70-400 FPS required tricks from the DLC level to the end.

That was the best thing I never knew I wanted to watch get broken.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Schurik posted:

But it's not a million monkeys with infinite time, it's a handful of hypernerds and year!

Nah, speedrunners are hounds for bug forums and stuff, if they spot anything they can maybe use they'll try and replicate it

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
That was a Good Show. :coffeepal:

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
That was good. A little repetitive at times, but good.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Review of the previous speedrun: nice

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Nah, speedrunners are hounds for bug forums and stuff, if they spot anything they can maybe use they'll try and replicate it

if there's one thing I've learned recently it's that speedrunners make the best and worst playtesters.

They will find everything in your game that doesn't work. But they'll want you to keep it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

twitch censoring autistic is pretty funny

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Dezinus posted:

That was good. A little repetitive at times, but good.

:agreed:

Better than I expected but didn't quite amaze me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

And now I hibernate until midnight on thursday when we are gifted with Paper Mario, king of games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I thought it was great but maybe that's just because anything looks good compared to the Portal 2 snoozefest.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Why don't the like 8 guys left get closer and you know, communicate.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
That huge midnight crowd

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

Just be glad they're out of the house.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Man OoT's ost is really mellow and great for late night chill streams.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I think a nonzero number of the people there in the audience are just waiting to run games themselves. Or just got done with theirs. Coulda sworn I saw someone get up a bit ago that was part of a run.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i really didn't like wrack but i hope this guy makes it look fun

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

They need to mash together both games so you have to solve a bunch of intellectual puzzles while a bunch of dudes with bombs for hands run at you screaming AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH
They sort of already have - there's a DLC they released for April Fools Day which replaces the narrator and his philosophical meanderings with Serious Sam making fun of you the whole time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh, right. that's what wrack is

I think this is gonna be bad

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm not familiar with the new Wolfenstein games are we going to be seeing flying and out of bounds shenanigans, or just running fast and killing fewer Nazis than in a normal run?

Fistful of Silence
Aug 22, 2003

Science fiction writers, I am sorry to say, really do not know anything. We can't talk about science, because our knowledge of it is limited and unofficial, and usually our fiction is dreadful.

Grimey Drawer
Well that Talos + DLC speedrun ruled.

And for people saying it's a step above Portal 1/2 in difficulty: yeah, I definitely agree with that. Especially those dang star world puzzles. Look up the stars if you have to (and you'll almost certainly have to), because the star world puzzles will melt your brain (in a good way). And like I said earlier, try to do all of the actual puzzles (not stars) without looking up anything, which I'm still proud of having done, and you'll get way more out of the game too.

EDIT: The philosophy and narrative is more interesting than you'd think in Talos Principle. That part of the game is also good.

EDIT2: The only bad puzzle is Nerve Wracker. gently caress that puzzle, it's the only one in either game that requires dexterity to complete and it's bullshit.

Fistful of Silence fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 6, 2016

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

The Kins posted:

They sort of already have - there's a DLC they released for April Fools Day which replaces the narrator and his philosophical meanderings with Serious Sam making fun of you the whole time.

https://youtu.be/VMxKCd2hXLc

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

The Kins posted:

That's pretty drat great.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I love this

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

SectumSempra posted:

I dunno, when I go to the cinema and there's only a handful of people in there I don't ruck up next to them and try to make friends. I suppose it's a little different but not much.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

oh no bullpoo poo

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Game looks terrible

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Borderlands for mobile phones and a soundtrack from Ride to Hell Retribution..?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Everything about the aesthetics of this is horrible, at least the runner seems cool.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I dunno, when I go to the cinema and there's only a handful of people in there I don't ruck up next to them and try to make friends. I suppose it's a little different but not much.

The people who make friends tend to do it in the bedroom :a2m:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

game looks like someone wanted to make a doom game so they made a doom game with cell shading.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Cell shading is the cancer they should be donating to eradicate

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Cowman posted:

game looks like someone wanted to make a doom game so they made a doom game with cell shading.

It's by the guy that was originally head of the Skulltag team - a modern multiplayer Doom port - so that's pretty much what it is.

It also was pretty heavily underfunded and the development was messy, so what exists now is pretty much just a shareware episode, with no hint as to when more is getting released.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

drunken officeparty posted:

Cell shading is the cancer they should be donating to eradicate

After Guilty Gear Xrd Sign every single other game that does cell shading looks like gross dog poops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
lovely doom is making me sleepy again

• Locked thread