Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm not comfortable with Jojo music references outwardly resembling themselves, only DIO's the World should have that distinction

So Rolling Stone shouldn't have been a Rolling Stone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm not comfortable with Jojo music references outwardly resembling themselves, only DIO's the World should have that distinction

on the other hand, their design for 「Slim Shady」is fantastic.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Blasphemer, you will not speak of Killer Queen that way.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Fiend Computer posted:

on the other hand, their design for 「Slim Shady」is fantastic.

If there isn't a scene where a character dramatically shouts "Wait! That isn't the real 「Slim Shady」!" I will riot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Palms are sweaty
Knees weak
Arms are heavy
There's a stain on my sweater
This must be the work of an enemy

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Palms are sweaty
Knees weak
Arms are heavy
There's a stain on my sweater
This must be the work of an enemy

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I'm gonna fix this mom's spaghetti

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Jolyne Kujo posted:

I just keep on forgetting

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

I'm gonna fix this mom's spaghetti

Fuuuuuuck if there's not a special line with Slim Shady and Tonio, I'm gonna flip.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
friendly reminder to greet the new year w/ a fresh pair of underwear

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The World's Super Action Statue is awesome.

Better build quality than DIO for sure and better moulded as a whole. Doesn't have a lot of accessories though. Open hands, fists and one pointing finger. He has a yelling head but The World looks better as a stone cold motherfucker so eh. He's one of the cheaper SAS available so if you wanted him, I'd definitely recommend him, though I've heard he can have issues with misaligned eyes. (The DIO foot issue is pretty common too apparently).

e: Also, this is a thing that exists.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 2, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thank god someone finally made Paul Blart into a jojo meme

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Damo is so freaky in the manga. I'm not sure why, could be his (relative) ugliness.

I favor matt damon as gappy tho :allears:

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 2, 2016

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Araki's current style is heavily influenced by a certain Greco-Roman adoration of the body. His men and women tend to be beautiful in a very muscular (albeit lean), well-defined manner. Even dweebs like Joshu and old men like papa Norisuke carry themselves with a very noble, toned musculature.

Then there's Damo.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

god I hope Damo sticks around. I want him to be the main villain really badly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If he does bow out soon, it had better be because Hato beats the ever loving poo poo out of him with her terrifying stand which would you'd look at and think "poo poo, even Soft & Wet would have to think twice about fighting her".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fiend Computer posted:

god I hope Damo sticks around. I want him to be the main villain really badly.

Everything about this arc screams "villain of the week"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, Damo's most likely a mook, but he's the first villain of the week I've really liked so far in Part 8 (not counting any members of the Higashikata family).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Really hope she just busts out King Crimson out of nowhere.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Lord of Hats posted:

Really hope she just busts out King Crimson out of nowhere.

It's gonna be King for a Day to pay tribute to her family's ritual to stave off that curse.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Whatever her stand is will have King as the second word in its name. Norisuke has King Nothing, the next generation has California King Bed, Speed King, and Nut King Call, and Tsurugi has Paper Moon King.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Crimson King also works as a music reference. :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

King Diamond. :colbert:

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
have we had a The Doors stand?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cwmZxW0Jc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Enourmo posted:

King Diamond. :colbert:

I have phoned Araki and sacrificed my child for his sustenance to reserve this for Josefumi

e: AC'd.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jan 3, 2016

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

is nut long call supposed to be referring to Nat King Cole

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I have phoned Araki and sacrificed my child for his sustenance to deserve this for Josefumi

while it would be oddly fitting do we even know anything as of yet as to how he's related to the family trees? he and kira both have the birthmark, but so far (unless i missed something) there hasn't been an actual gene-relation between the higashikatas and the joestar line.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

setafd posted:

is nut long call supposed to be referring to Nat King Cole

yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

while it would be oddly fitting do we even know anything as of yet as to how he's related to the family trees? he and kira both have the birthmark, but so far (unless i missed something) there hasn't been an actual gene-relation between the higashikatas and the joestar line.
For Josefumi, it doesn't look like it. His parents are listed as Sadafumi Kujo (Jotaro's father was Sadao Kujo) and Kiyomi Kujo and that's really it. For the Higashikata - Joestar connection, the closest is that the maid, Kyo Nijimura, is Johnny's great great grand daughter.

And then there's Holly Joestar - Kira who we have yet to re-visit, who has a Stand and probably affected by the Wall Eyes.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

If having the birthmark means he's related to the Joestars, then he's also related to the Higashikatas - Johnny married Norisuke I's daughter, which is why the Joestars are in the Higashikata family tree book.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if i'd want to use a trimmed version of this pic for a johnny joestar av

or this

or even this

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

They're all good, and I support Johnny Joestar avs. The third is my favorite of the bunch, though.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

They're all good, and I support Johnny Joestar avs. The third is my favorite of the bunch, though.

2nd'd for 3rd.
3rd'd?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I like the second one a lot for the color scheme, I maaaay use it at some point (also it's the volume with Araki's rant about climbing trees), but the third one is way cooler.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i thought of a good title and it fit #2 better

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's a good quote, I forgot about how rad Johnny's Dark Determination is. He's a really good JoJo.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

johnny is full-on willing to kill a guy to the point where it freaks out gyro, and i think that's cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how all the jojos are unique and memorable

Even jonathan and giorno

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The middle was best because it's not Shueisha's ugly gross SBR colours.

If you want to brand yourselves as total nerds like Okuyasu and I, feel free to join the Duwang Gang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if it involves paying more money i probably won't. and yeah, i really liked the middle's face and all that. the others were alright but my google searches have revealed that johnny joestar is a very inconsistent man.