Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

ARE YOU FUCKIN' SERIOUS DIVISIONPOST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Snak posted:

Mainly, that The 100 is the best fantasy show ever made.

Caprica was better.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

I know this isn't about TV at all, but Giant Bomb just shared this trailer for Pac-Man on iPad and it's sheer magic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/want-to-play-pac-man-with-a-thing-on-your-arm-no/2300-10930/

I needed to see this, thank you

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

I know this isn't about TV at all, but Giant Bomb just shared this trailer for Pac-Man on iPad and it's sheer magic.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/want-to-play-pac-man-with-a-thing-on-your-arm-no/2300-10930/

Kerbal Project BEAST is better than most tv tbh.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Toxxupation posted:

ARE YOU FUCKIN' SERIOUS DIVISIONPOST

You provided easy to use YouTube links. You went for your best.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

that commercial is something [as] would make up and air at like 3 am and like ten people in this thread would insult for being "too exaggerated"

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

less laughter posted:

Thanks for your mature response.

Ah yes because your post where you don't understand why some people are emotionally affected by fictional characters and call them literal children was the height of mature discourse. Please continue to shower the thread with your brilliant psychoanalysis and misunderstanding of basic human empathy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DivisionPost posted:

GO FOR YOUR BEST

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It just looks like they took a Japanese commercial and put it through google translate. I bet it's just for Japan.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

It just looks like they took a Japanese commercial and put it through google translate. I bet it's just for Japan.

Those are some white-rear end kids for something only for Japan.

What a strange product though.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out smart guy science fiction author Peter Watts wrote a Person of Interest tie in novel but it's release date is up in the air what with the fact that nobody knows whats going on with the next season of the show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Turns out smart guy science fiction author Peter Watts wrote a Person of Interest tie in novel but it's release date is up in the air what with the fact that nobody knows whats going on with the next season of the show.

Oh wow he has a lot of interesting ideas about evolution, intelligence and consciousness, he's a great fit for the world.

Speaking of I'm half way through s4 and it's such a weird mix of really thought provoking AI sci fi and "I get it, ok? You [explains characters entire motivation]" and "What does that technical thing mean in English please" handholding network trash. On balance I really like it but I roll my eyes at a lot of the dialogue.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IRQ posted:

Those are some white-rear end kids for something only for Japan.

What a strange product though.

Japanese commercials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IJK7MFAInY

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DivisionPost posted:

Next time you get the idea of sharing something like this... don't.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Actually, it's good and keep doing it

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

I dont watch PoI but Peter Watts books are super neato.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even though they ordered a ten episode first season a couple of months ago FX has changed their minds and stopped production on the Adam Reed co-created cartoon Cassius and Clay. It's extra weird because they've actually been advertising the show with clips from the pilot showing up in commercial montages.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haha, I just finished watching Millennium the other day and had to do a double-take at this. :D

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm sorry, I forgot how hosed up japan is for a moment.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

I'm sorry, I forgot how hosed up japan is for a moment.

If you drive this car, white, blonde women will want to take pictures of you(r car).

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Snak posted:

If you drive this car, white, blonde women will want to take pictures of you(r car).

My Mazda3 needs new tires and a front O2 sensor so no hot ladies are flocking to it. :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

But really, are there any good "period" fantasy shows at all?

Hogfather

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

im 5 minutes into Shannaramma and I'm pretty sure an elf orgy is about to happen

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

blue squares posted:

im 5 minutes into Shannaramma and I'm pretty sure an elf orgy is about to happen

So it's cribbing pretty hard from GoT, then? (Or is that in the source material? If it is, that would be another reason why it's getting made...)

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

zoux posted:

Oh wow he has a lot of interesting ideas about evolution, intelligence and consciousness, he's a great fit for the world.

Speaking of I'm half way through s4 and it's such a weird mix of really thought provoking AI sci fi and "I get it, ok? You [explains characters entire motivation]" and "What does that technical thing mean in English please" handholding network trash. On balance I really like it but I roll my eyes at a lot of the dialogue.

The amount of Network interference coupled with plot back pedaling due to what goes down in the middle of that season is extremely evident in hindsight. I don't think the show will get picked up after its final CBS season but if it does I hope that's the first thing they drop. The last 4-5 eps are real strong, though.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Even though they ordered a ten episode first season a couple of months ago FX has changed their minds and stopped production on the Adam Reed co-created cartoon Cassius and Clay. It's extra weird because they've actually been advertising the show with clips from the pilot showing up in commercial montages.

Well that loving sucks. Megan Ganz was the co-creator, right? Really wanted to see how that turned out.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

GreenNight posted:

As a reminder, Shannara premiers tonight so we'll see if it's more or less cheesy than Legend of the Seeker.

Wait, I won't catch it until I get home, but is Shannara a GOT style book adaptation or a Legend of the Seeker style adaptation? I thought it was the former.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sober posted:

Wait, I won't catch it until I get home, but is Shannara a GOT style book adaptation or a Legend of the Seeker style adaptation? I thought it was the former.

Same and I haven't watched it yet. Sitting on the DVR for this weekend.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Haha, I just finished watching Millennium the other day and had to do a double-take at this. :D

Did you make it through Season 3? It's not irredeemably bad, but after Season 2 it has to do a whole lot of backpedaling and then generally just has no focus.

Actually on that note, has a show ever done a bigger retcon than MILLENNIUM did between Seasons 2 and 3?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crud, I was looking forward to that. I guess it's pretty much a given that Netflix or Hulu will swoop in and grab it, but I'm curious about what caused FX to back down.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Did they put any of those clips online? It's impossible to search for, which might have something to do with it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

lelandjs posted:

I guess it's pretty much a given that Netflix or Hulu will swoop in and grab it

Baseless conjecture

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

lelandjs posted:

Crud, I was looking forward to that. I guess it's pretty much a given that Netflix or Hulu will swoop in and grab it, but I'm curious about what caused FX to back down.

Megan Ganz was quick to tell Twitter that FX was not at fault. Seems there were some unexpected production issues that made it impossible to complete the show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

One of my best friends was working on that project :(

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sober posted:

It's partly the former, partly the latter. If no one else wants to, I'll make a thread for it later today. But it's part dark fantasy show about Elves and Demons, and part teen drama on MTV about Elves and non-elves.

Granted these are my impressions having not yet finished the pilot, but the way I see it, MTV saw what CW did with Arrow and decided to replicate it for fantasy. It's dark and occasionally brutal, with a really great design aesthetic, but don't forget it's on MTV. I worry it's trying to appeal to too many audiences.

That being said, I'm in based on what I've watched so far. Enough to really like.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So it's "like Arrow"? Because wow I will skip that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Snak posted:

So it's "like Arrow"? Because wow I will skip that.

Only in tonal shifts. Arrow goes back and forth between being essentially a Batman TV show, dark and ninjas everywhere, and a CW teen relationship drama. This is similar, though leaning more on the dark fantasy.

Though, looking at my other post now, I'm being misleading. It is nothing at all like Game of Thrones. More in common with Lord of the Rings, I guess.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

Baseless conjecture

"Oh hey Reed, yeah, it's Adam. Hey, you know great the viewing numbers for Archer are? Well..."

At least, that's how I thought the conversation would go, but...

DivisionPost posted:

Megan Ganz was quick to tell Twitter that FX was not at fault. Seems there were some unexpected production issues that made it impossible to complete the show.

Double crud. :(

I can only imagine that Megan Ganz would be excellent at writing for an animated comedy, Community and Modern Family are pretty much populated by cartoon characters as is.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 6, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Only in tonal shifts. Arrow goes back and forth between being essentially a Batman TV show, dark and ninjas everywhere, and a CW teen relationship drama. This is similar, though leaning more on the dark fantasy.

Though, looking at my other post now, I'm being misleading. It is nothing at all like Game of Thrones. More in common with Lord of the Rings, I guess.

Thanks. I knew I was being super reductive there, but you answered my question. I definitely will not be watching this unless I hear a lot of good things about the direction it goes in the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MTV makes dumb teen dramas.

Calling an MTV show a "CW teen drama" is like calling left Twix right Twix.

• Locked thread