Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

OhYeah posted:

That's some serious mental gymnastics to arrive to that conclusion, but whatever. I can't disprove it, I just find that reasoning incredibly unlikely.

I'm not denying there are bad elements in there, but I'm also not denying there are good people in there. Denying that people have a good or a bad side is denying that they are human. That to me is a better perspective than just thinking they're a horde of blood hungry arab vikings hellbent on destruction and rape, whilst lining for social security checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

OhYeah posted:

Can you care to explain what you mean by this? Because it makes no sense. The majority of crimes of a certain nature are committed by people of a certain, non-native background. That's the gist of it. You can't argue with facts, but you can ignore them, I guess.

What I wrote. Majority of the crimes are made by the ethnic majority.

OhYeah posted:

However, experience so far has shown that the politicians and the justice system is unwilling to deal with the problem with the same determination when it comes to immigrants or refugees lest they are labelled "racist". People don't trust their leaders because they have demonstrated that being perceived as "not racist" is more important to them than fighting a substantial societal problem.

I see you have been told the TRUTH about things. Where did you found it? Hommafoorumi, Helsingin Sanomat comments or did Ligur sent you PM?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
:what:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OhYeah posted:

That's some serious mental gymnastics to arrive to that conclusion, but whatever. I can't disprove it, I just find that reasoning incredibly unlikely.

Can you care to explain what you mean by this? Because it makes no sense. The majority of crimes of a certain nature are committed by people of a certain, non-native background. That's the gist of it. You can't argue with facts, but you can ignore them, I guess.

Well I guess the main reason is that in a very brief time period, a very large group of people has been introduced to your country from another culture that has very different standards and values for gender equality and social hierarchy. So people become anxious and afraid. No one is sending out "anti-rape patrols" against locals because they know that the police and courts will deal with them. However, experience so far has shown that the politicians and the justice system is unwilling to deal with the problem with the same determination when it comes to immigrants or refugees lest they are labelled "racist". People don't trust their leaders because they have demonstrated that being perceived as "not racist" is more important to them than fighting a substantial societal problem.

I'm not really sure what this is, some sort of satire or sarcasm? Listen, no one is debating that multi-culturalism and diversity are beneficial, but they are not agreeing how the neo-progressive left defines those terms. Importing a permanent underclass of undereducated, religiously indoctrinated people from poorer parts of the world (many of whom don't share our basic values such as freedom of speech) and then failing to integrate them is not multi-culturalism. I remember reading about a certain country, it might have been Sweden, where they looked at where all the politicians and third sector workers who preach multi-culturalism actually live... most of them were in all-white, gated communities. That is the height of hypocrisy. They ruin the social cohesion of a country, force the working classes to deal with the problem and then label them "racist" when they speak their mind and point out the problems.

what? no i am right there with you dude. :hfive: I didn't know about the sweden thing, but it makes sense! as for me? well, I used to only trust politicians who lived in gated communities and such because there is 100% no possible way another person from a different culture could live there, but nowadays, I don't trust a politician unless they live in a cardboard box in a dark alleyway, like that president from Chile or argentina or something. A politicianfrom the streets, who knows whats real, thats what would get my vote. Not these hypocrite politicians that seem to lie about everything. And yeah, the undereducated are the biggest problems. These dumb dumbds need to go to school!!! It is time for schoool!!! they need an education in order to find out that beheadings (which happen EVERYWEHERE in the Midlde East) and stuff are not OK in Finland :finland: seriously. I cant stress enough how much of a negative influence dumb people have in politics. But it is even the dumber people who vote these politicians in that worry me. some of these dumb people may not even understand basic concepts of morals. Then the same dumb people attach to an ideology's banner, their principles, defending their dumb ignorant beliefs by saying they are not ignorant people, that to the other ideology's side, everything is ignorant, etc., while they make it seemingly okjay to people to be dumb ignorant people. Fuckers! :argh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
This thread needs a chill pill. Everyone is more or less hyperventilating.

Left-handed lute
Feb 22, 2015
Nowadays your political views are an extension to your personality. No wonder people in here get upset.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Rexroom posted:

This thread needs a chill pill. Everyone is more or less hyperventilating.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Left-handed lute posted:

Nowadays your political views are an extension to your personality. No wonder people in here get upset.

When were the golden days when they weren't?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Tor-til-la tavataan!

Fixed your failed joke for you.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

gently caress.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Well, this may come as a surprise to you, but sometimes, on the internet, people lie. Yeah they do. Shocking, right?

And I've watched racists on the net quite some time and this is something they usually tell

This is just so weird. I'm still a bohemian hippie but just don't vote the Green party anymore. What is beyond me is why the hell you think I would lie about such a thing to more or less unknown people on the internet? Sure, there's net hoaxes and stuff but I'm not the person behind any of that and it's quite insane to think someone would try to spin an elaborate story about voting X and then Y.

It's just really, really difficult for me to understand why you have a problem with the fact I have changed my political views over the years, and even more difficult to understand why you would imagine I would make this up, and make elaborate conspiracy posts about it. It doesn't serve any purpose.

You are pretty young though, right? Teens or early 20s?

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Rexroom posted:

I'm not denying there are bad elements in there, but I'm also not denying there are good people in there. Denying that people have a good or a bad side is denying that they are human. That to me is a better perspective than just thinking they're a horde of blood hungry arab vikings hellbent on destruction and rape, whilst lining for social security checks.

This week there are millions of people in Germany who would describe the situation exactly like that.

Fish of hemp posted:

What I wrote. Majority of the crimes are made by the ethnic majority.

Depends which country you are speaking about. In case of Finland, yes. In case of Sweden, hell no. Sweden actually stopped registering the ethnic background of sexual predators about 10 years ago because "men of foreign origin" were substantial part of the total number of criminals and it started to clash heavily with the official narrative.

quote:

I see you have been told the TRUTH about things. Where did you found it? Hommafoorumi, Helsingin Sanomat comments or did Ligur sent you PM?

Off the top of my head... thousands of young teen girls have been raped over a very long period in various cities in the UK by handful of Pakistani men. This was known for years and nothing was done, because the people who are responsible for the safety and well-being of their citizens didn't want to appear "racist". I think it's a pretty good example of the absolutely mental PC culture that puts misguided ideology before everything else, even safety of the people.

You can find examples like this all over Europe.

Help me out, thread. Am I supposed to respond to this?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

OhYeah posted:

No.

He will just quote your post in full and add a link to a song or post a one-liner. He cannot be conversed with, ignore.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

-Astrid Lindgren

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

No.

He will just quote your post in full and add a link to a song or post a one-liner. He cannot be conversed with, ignore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FqekUC5_fY

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

OhYeah posted:

Depends which country you are speaking about.

So when you're talking about crime rates of Finland, you are not actually talking about crime rates of Finland.

I'm beginning to think that you don't actually want to talk about things that are happening, but this mystical TRUTH you have been exposed.

Ligur posted:

This is just so weird. I'm still a bohemian hippie but just don't vote the Green party anymore. What is beyond me is why the hell you think I would lie about such a thing to more or less unknown people on the internet?

Well I don't know. Only you would know your reasons. Why do you think Jussi Halla-aho lied about his revelations? He did it for years too.

But this merry-go-round isn't so merry anymore. Seriously, don't you guys ever think about else than foreign crime rates? We are world champions again!

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OhYeah posted:

This week there are millions of people in Germany who would describe the situation exactly like that.

Depends which country you are speaking about. In case of Finland, yes. In case of Sweden, hell no. Sweden actually stopped registering the ethnic background of sexual predators about 10 years ago because "men of foreign origin" were substantial part of the total number of criminals and it started to clash heavily with the official narrative.

Off the top of my head... thousands of young teen girls have been raped over a very long period in various cities in the UK by handful of Pakistani men. This was known for years and nothing was done, because the people who are responsible for the safety and well-being of their citizens didn't want to appear "racist". I think it's a pretty good example of the absolutely mental PC culture that puts misguided ideology before everything else, even safety of the people.

You can find examples like this all over Europe.

there's no real need to respond to anything. I think just like you do, bro! I, too, think it's a good idea to have other people tell me what to do/think about posting & life in general. :)

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Well I don't know. Only you would know your reasons.

So you still think I am lying?!? Why would I? What the gently caress is wrong with you. I'll say this one more time: I have absolutely no reason to lie about poo poo to random unknown people on the internet.

I cannot even imagine what "advantage" or anything else that would bring about.

You are being really paranoid. To help yourself out, ask yourself this: "What would Ligur benefit from making that up?" The anser is: "Nothing". So why would I. Jesus you are a freak.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't been following that conversation, but I don't think Ligur is lying dude.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Je suis Ligur

That's Savonian for "I'm gay"

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

So you still think I am lying?!? Why would I? What the gently caress is wrong with you. I'll say this one more time: I have absolutely no reason to lie about poo poo to random unknown people on the internet.

I cannot even imagine what "advantage" or anything else that would bring about.

You are being really paranoid. To help yourself out, ask yourself this: "What would Ligur benefit from making that up?" The anser is: "Nothing". So why would I. Jesus you are a freak.

I remember you saying that you don't care what people said to you on the net. Mayde in this case I was the puppet master?

But hey, you could have just stopped answering me. Now you're just angry at some random dude at the net and I have to ask: "What would Ligur benefit from that"

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

I haven't been following that conversation, but I don't think Ligur is lying dude.

Well who cares really. It just funny that about 95% of the antimulticulturalists have the same backround story. You'd think there would be more deviations, but no. It's almost as if it's learned by heart at some point of their lifes.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fish of hemp posted:

I remember you saying that you don't care what people said to you on the net. Mayde in this case I was the puppet master?

But hey, you could have just stopped answering me. Now you're just angry at some random dude at the net and I have to ask: "What would Ligur benefit from that"

Well who cares really. It just funny that about 95% of the antimulticulturalists have the same backround story. You'd think there would be more deviations, but no. It's almost as if it's learned by heart at some point of their lifes.

Not so sure about blanket statements, but interesting note you have observed.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Fish of hemp posted:

So when you're talking about crime rates of Finland, you are not actually talking about crime rates of Finland.

Smart people learn from the mistake of others.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

I'm very curious now. Which background story is that?

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

OhYeah posted:

I'm very curious now. Which background story is that?

The one I posted to you. Scroll back, it's on this same page.

Edit: oops, I'm sorry, I mixed things up. Here it is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750450&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39#post454603182

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Fish of hemp posted:

it's actually 100% when your sample size is 1

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I used to be a long haired tree loving hippie but nowadays I'm a skinhead.

loving male pattern baldness

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

The one I posted to you. Scroll back, it's on this same page.

Edit: oops, I'm sorry, I mixed things up. Here it is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750450&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39#post454603182

Okay, I read it.

I have a more general question in this regard. Why is it a problem if someone is against mass immigration?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
It's a bit like how people think that what the human race is doing is somehow "bad" for the planet, when we are just as much part of Earth's nature as any other species. There are similar thought patterns in immigration discussion too, imo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Indeed, there is no good or "bad". Stoic indifference is the only salvation anyone can find...

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

OhYeah posted:

Okay, I read it.

I have a more general question in this regard. Why is it a problem if someone is against mass immigration?

It's not a problem. The problem is that Halla-aho poisoned the debate with generalizations, us vs them vocabulary and overarching narratives about Muslim hordes forcing Finnish women wearing sacks or something.

Let me give you an example: If you are against mass immigration on the level of "I think we should limit immigration because our system can't cope with it", then that's fine. Perfectly debatable. But, if it's more like "I think we should limit immigration because all muslims rape and leech the welfare state dry", then there is nothing to debate besides your rampant paranoia. Bonus minus points if you think it's because of green-leftie suvakkis corrupting agenda and consider MV-lehti as a trustworthy news source.

As for immigration, Finland has had for a long time one of the tightest immigration checks in the EU. In a normal situation they'd come here, ask for asylum and you'd have the bureau checking things out. The problem is that we're still in a middle of a European crisis, with unprecedented people moving along Europe in masses not seen since WW2. And they're not asking us if we want them. We had it tough at the beginning, but we're apparently getting there that it becomes manageable.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rexroom posted:

"our system can't cope with it" "leech the welfare state dry"
Aren't these the same thing?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SnowblindFatal posted:

Aren't these the same thing?

Yes and no. Different approaches to the issue, you see.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I don't understand. How is one bad and the other not?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

This isn't some Civ-game where there is 100 policeworkunits and when those are up, no more police can't be made.

Yes, exactly, the police even tried getting everyone retired back on the beat and now they are contemplating the army. It's loving... I don't know even what.... Ei ole mitään vittu ihmee laaria josta voi ottaa poliiseja tarpeen mukaan, niinkuin tietokonepelissä. Jos lukisit jotain linkkejä muualta kuin RASMUS fabosta tietäisit, että poliisien kouluttaminen kestää noin kolme vuotta. Ei niitä vaan voi ottaa jostain puusta lisää. Sen takia poliisihallitus onkin itkenyt, että kohta tarvitaan armeijaa.

Hullunkurisesti itse manasit, että ei tää oo mikään Civ3. No ei todellakaan ole, sehän tässä on ongelma. Ei vittu.

quote:

And harassing girls, well http://www.mtv.fi/uutiset/rikos/artikkeli/poliisi-ylivieskan-torkea-raiskaus-oli-keksitty/5631996 Some much of it seems to be invented by dudes who like to hatefap to brown cocks. I'm pretty sure harassment happens, but that's what men do. I keep asking why these muslimrapes are worse and why aren't we as vigilant about harassment and rape made by born and raised finnish boys but nobody answers.

Well gee. For every one of Ylivieska you have a dozen of these. Last month the police were investigating about a dozen rapes (real ones) and hundreds of harrasment scenarios. You just don't give a poo poo, right?

quote:

And you know, if people break the law, they should be punished. I get the feeling that you think these people should be punished just in case or just throw them to sea or something, because they *will* do something bad no matter what.

Grow up. Read what I post and actually say, instead of making up stuff you think I might perhaps entertain. Drop the loving glasses. Ok I know you won't but whatever.

This is on the same level with me saying "kala-hemppa haluaa, että paha imperiumi valloittaa galaxin!" and then making posts about it seriously. Come on.

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

SnowblindFatal posted:

I don't understand. How is one bad and the other not?

The second assigns blame on people as a group, many of which don't come here with the purpose of leeching the welfare state dry.

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Rexroom posted:

It's not a problem. The problem is that Halla-aho poisoned the debate with generalizations, us vs them vocabulary and overarching narratives about Muslim hordes forcing Finnish women wearing sacks or something.
This bald, bloodless, part time Church Slavic teacher person you speak of must be a really powerful shaman, if he can by himself decide the fate of a societal debate in the whole country and no-one could have done anything about it.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Rexroom posted:

lmao myös siellä aidan suvakkipuolella käytetään ihan yhtä paljon typeriä ja hysteerisiä yleistyksiä

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

vuohi posted:

This bald, bloodless, part time Church Slavic teacher person you speak of must be a really powerful shaman, if he can by himself decide the fate of a societal debate in the whole country and no-one could have done anything about it.

Well, that certainly was my experience. But let's not be silly here: Halla-aho is hardly a man who did it all by himself. However the whole "immigration critical" circle heavily revolved around him and his blog, so it can pretty safely be said that he was one of the main ideologues of that movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Nauta posted:

lmao myös siellä aidan suvakkipuolella käytetään ihan yhtä paljon typeriä ja hysteerisiä yleistyksiä

Case in point. Since I am apparently a suvakki, I am thus hypocritical. I'm still confused, what exactly makes me a suvakki? Hmm...

I see. Apparently anyone who thinks killing immigrants is bad.