Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Sheiva is bae

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

just unlocked bummer reticle so i'm pretty stoked on that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is it a butt?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ChickenWyngz posted:

Sheiva is bae

Best at everything? Maybe.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Sleazoid posted:

Question for you filthy XIM people, what kind of settings are you using? any curve at all? I ask because I've been using one since MW3 but this is the first CoD where I haven't been able to find a sweet spot sens wise. It's either too slow or too fast for me.

I went from being consistently .4-.5 KD to being nearly always >1.00, and went as high as 23-1 after changing to the default pack in curve the Xim comes with today. I remapped a few buttons and set my sensitivity to 45 with an 8200 dpi mouse

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Got my first set of weapons Diamond-ed. Snipers! Guess I'll work on ARs next.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

real nap poo poo posted:

just unlocked bummer reticle so i'm pretty stoked on that

What's this? I have the fungi recticle and it looks cool. I just unlocked the floppy disk recticle, but that takes up too much space...

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Jan 6, 2016

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

beedeebee posted:

What's this? I have the fungi recticle and it looks cool. But I just unlocked the floppy disk recticle, but that takes up too much space...

i have "storm" on varix and recon and i love the idea of Hitting people with lightning bolts

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

The_Fuzzinator posted:

i have "storm" on varix and recon and i love the idea of Hitting people with lightning bolts

That's a black market one, right?
Speaking of Black Market, is it ever worth buying the 10 cryptokeys-things? I guess not, especially since you get some cryptokeys back if you buy a rare box.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Finally got my sweet animated Master Killer calling card after grinding out the last few Quad Feed medals. Nuketown hardpoint/dom and a purifier helps (as well as not having idiot teammates that all camp the window and get spawn trapped within 30 seconds of the game starting :mad: !)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Finally got my sweet animated Master Killer calling card after grinding out the last few Quad Feed medals. Nuketown hardpoint/dom and a purifier helps (as well as not having idiot teammates that all camp the window and get spawn trapped within 30 seconds of the game starting :mad: !)

Saggy I'm right here stop talking about me like that. I get spawn killed because you're a limey bastard!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
So a buddy bought me this last night. Guess I get to play with all you nerds again.

:unsmith:

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

beedeebee posted:

What's this? I have the fungi recticle and it looks cool. I just unlocked the floppy disk recticle, but that takes up too much space...

How can people use those busy reticles? I can't see poo poo with any of those "funny" ones.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Drav posted:

How can people use those busy reticles? I can't see poo poo with any of those "funny" ones.

I need something like the Recon's basic circle. Noticable, but with an area in the center I can see through.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Drav posted:

I get over the issue of not having a solid dot by telling my self they getting really mad when they see that bolt hit them in the kill cam

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Anyone online playing? Psn: forpush

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

Sleazoid posted:

Question for you filthy XIM people, what kind of settings are you using? any curve at all? I ask because I've been using one since MW3 but this is the first CoD where I haven't been able to find a sweet spot sens wise. It's either too slow or too fast for me.

if you have xim firmware 1120 try this

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AA8cKDI8RlBaZG54goyWoKq0vsjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

drink slurm posted:

if you have xim firmware 1120 try this

>>> XIM4 [Mouse Ballistics] START PASTE >>>
X4MB:AAAAGgA0AC4AMAAwAC4AMgAwADEANQAwADgAMQA2AA8cKDI8RlBaZG54goyWoKq0vsjI:X4MB
<<< XIM4 END PASTE <<<

How does this differ from the built in BO3 curve?

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
So who do i contact in Treyarch about my "stare at a spot for 3 seconds before looking away and getting killed by someone who just took that spot" trophy?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Ghostlight posted:

The key to getting longshots is . . .

It's using the Varix scope on 1x zoom. It's bugged so that you get longshots from an incredibly short range.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
After training myself to use CS sensitivity for years it's weird bumping it back up because otherwise I can't kill the guy who jumps over me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I bump sensitivity on the controller every week or so by one or two after I get used to it and find myself wishing I could look around even faster.

After a month or two I'll stop dying to people that jump over me.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

beedeebee posted:

That's a black market one, right?
Speaking of Black Market, is it ever worth buying the 10 cryptokeys-things? I guess not, especially since you get some cryptokeys back if you buy a rare box.

I don't know the answer but I always assume those bonus keys are to make up for the fact that 3 regular boxes would have given you 6 extra items which you could have burned if they were duplicates for extra keys. I would guess the bonus key distribution is similar to the expectation of burning roughly 6 random items.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bear is driving! posted:

It's using the Varix scope on 1x zoom. It's bugged so that you get longshots from an incredibly short range.
Oh good, we've gone full circle.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Drav posted:

The fungi one has a clear dot and the 'fun stuff' is at the bottom. So it works pretty good. The floppy disk one has a really crowded center so it's not very useful.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spudsly posted:

I don't know the answer but I always assume those bonus keys are to make up for the fact that 3 regular boxes would have given you 6 extra items which you could have burned if they were duplicates for extra keys. I would guess the bonus key distribution is similar to the expectation of burning roughly 6 random items.

I rolled a rare package and got 2 commons, a rare, and 30 bonus keys.

2nd package gave me a cool Fist pump gesture for Ruin.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I finally finished my personal objective of getting Viking Ruin, and decided for my second Merc to unlock Ripper Spectre, because my first objective was a Gold Butterfly knife so I figured more knives would be fun.

Why did nobody tell me how ridiculously awesome Ripper was? :circlefap:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I bump sensitivity on the controller every week or so by one or two after I get used to it and find myself wishing I could look around even faster.

After a month or two I'll stop dying to people that jump over me.

Sometimes I feel like people in this thread are deliberately trying to give me a heart attack.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

This, but the game devs.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011
I'm going to start putting grips on all the burst guns.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

bear is driving! posted:

Shorter range, as the video I posted showed. Its not a huge difference, but it helps. You don't get Longshots at point-blank range.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

checkstock posted:

I'm going to start putting grips on all the burst guns.

:raise:

They would benefit from a laser for oh poo poo- engagements long before a grip becomes necessary, and I say that as a guy who loves long shotting dudes.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Shorter range, as the video I posted showed. Its not a huge difference, but it helps. You don't get Longshots at point-blank range.

As I said earlier it seems they missed the range flag for long shots on the varix with no zoom as it is the old Longshot distance. Ya know one that's possible on all maps

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kinetic armor lasts for about 5 seconds. What a terrible ability.

e: what are the shittiest guns to grind out headshots for first? Aside from pistols

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Xenaero posted:

e: what are the shittiest guns to grind out headshots for first? Aside from pistols
Shotguns :v:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Xenaero posted:

Dingo, BRM. Some other stuff, but I'm at work.

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Xenaero posted:

I'm regretting not doing snipers sooner

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
New hot fix today:

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/684813275997982725

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Why do people think 1v1 is the ultimate test of skill in a 6v6 game?

Streaming Kill confirm!

https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The_Fuzzinator posted:

Why do people think 1v1 is the ultimate test of skill in a 6v6 game?

Streaming Kill confirm!

https://www.twitch.tv/the_fuzzinator

Maybe you should 1v1 me and we'll find out.

• Locked thread