Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Lancelot posted:

the Magic Online team developing and improving Magic Online

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cool common, but kindof weird flavor given it's an eldrazi enabler. Maybe the dark time is the death of the titans

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I'm chiming in late but that story is loving garbage. Jace has magical know stuff and completely ignores Ugin to win. Chandra can burninate Titans and ob and Kiora are nowhere?

I hope they are using this as a set up for the power rangers thought they were so smart blowing up the Titans but now they are free to roam.

Also how did Emrakul leave the plane? Wasn't he bound like the other two?

This set is all kinds of stupid narrative wise.

Edit: also emrakul on innistrad would be dumb as hell. Wtf are werewolves going to do against eldrazi?

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 6, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm chiming in late but that story is loving garbage. Jace has magical know stuff and completely ignores Ugin to win. Chandra can burninate Titans and ob and Kiora are nowhere?

I hope they are using this as a set up for the power rangers thought they were so smart blowing up the Titans but now they are free to roam.

Also how did Emrakul leave the plane? Wasn't he bound like the other two?

This set is all kinds of stupid narrative wise.

Edit: also emrakul on innistrad would be dumb as hell. Wtf are werewolves going to do against eldrazi?

Kiora died, Ob got his spark killed some dudes and left zendikar because he hates it.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Aligned exodia network is Nagles misshapen creation, should have guessed. What an awful card to open, it's like dude saw the flaws in highly synergistic sets in relation to sealed games and decided to double down and make a card that nobody is happy to see ever short of cracking packs in an oxygen deprived environment.

Ken nagle is going to be Maros kylo ren, complete with rest in peace temper tantrums until we never see dredge on coverage again.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

PleasantDirge posted:

Aligned exodia network is Nagles misshapen creation, should have guessed. What an awful card to open, it's like dude saw the flaws in highly synergistic sets in relation to sealed games and decided to double down and make a card that nobody is happy to see ever short of cracking packs in an oxygen deprived environment.

Ken nagle is going to be Maros kylo ren, complete with rest in peace temper tantrums until we never see dredge on coverage again.

"A spell has been cast for its Awaken cost. Have you felt it?"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Line the insides of their brains with eyes :unsmigghh:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Line the insides of their brains with eyes :unsmigghh:

I would be okay with SOI being the bloodborne set

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

GeneX posted:

Or Necroscope...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Ah Emeria, or as some say, Emrakul... do you hear our prayers?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Emeria does have angels :tinfoil:

e: Hedron Alignment does have a fairly powerful and unique effect beyond the alt-win, unlike most alt-win cards. I can imagine playing it in some very slow deck.

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 6, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honorable planeswalker, pursue the bonds of mana and I will channel them to your strength.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
The sky and the cosmos are one.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Do they do the B&R list Monday, or the Monday after the prerelease?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Thrust But Hedron

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

kizudarake posted:

Monday the 18th, week after next.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kizudarake posted:

Barring emergency bannings it's usually the Monday following prerelease. This is also when other policy updates tend to push through. This leads to some interesting things such as the expeditions not being strictly playable during BFZ prerelease.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This set is so much higher power level than BFZ...

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mcmagic posted:

Perhaps they were too focused on making the second set relevant (i.e. not a repeat of BNG). That and maybe because the draft format is OGW-OGW-BFZ

kirtar fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 6, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm worried there's going to be no awaken cards in OGW, because a lot of the land creatures matter cards are really cool.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Finally we're seeing the cards that make Limited tick.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Entropic posted:

Finally we're seeing the cards that make Limited tick.

I could see this thing getting cast in constructed too.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think Seer's Lantern could be a pretty sweet card for control decks in constructed too. Of course there is the rather glaring weakness to Kolaghan's Command.

mcmagic posted:

It's probably the C mechanic. Costing C is a huge drawback in limited, so all the cards have to be super pushed. In constructed you can just throw in some painlands.

e: that said IDK if it's enough to challenge the insanity of a super mana powered wedge block

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 6, 2016

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
If anything limited seems pretty crap so far with what is spoiled. Lets hope the commons are better.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

GeneX posted:

If it was done properly that would be absolutely amazing.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I do really hope SOI isn't about emrakul though

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

If anything limited seems pretty crap so far with what is spoiled. Lets hope the commons are better.

We've seen only about 10 commons total, and half of those have been colorless lands and artifacts and such. We know basically nothing about how draft will actually shake out yet.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I don't know how you can really judge limited yet considering we've seen all of 5 commons that aren't mana producers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

drat. I've been thinking about making BW Eldrazi, but looking in my Modern Masters 2015 card box I never got an Eye of Ugin and only have 2 Eldrazi Temples (1 one from the duel deck.) I hoped I would have to spend money to make this deck...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Apparently we're getting Devoid Dissipate? Pretty okay, probably, though I don't think there's any colourless matters payoff for control (not that there's much blue matters payoff for control at the moment).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

A 3/3 flyer for 5 was playable in BFZ...

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

A 3/3 flyer for 5 was playable in BFZ...

With vigilance, though. It beat down for 3 while holding off the various 2/3s and spawn.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Avenger is more what i was hoping for Surge, getting 2 mana off is a much better deal then just the one

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Also looking at the HD pic of Linvala and she is literally Lightning from FF13

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I mean, she's pretty generically anime valkyrie. Not hard to match up with another generically anime valkyrie.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Oh hey potential Pauper playable. Hopefully Cloud and/or Delver eat a ban so I'm incentivized to try it.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Oh hey potential Pauper playable. Hopefully Cloud and/or Delver eat a ban so I'm incentivized to try it.

Eh, it's no somber hoverguard in pauper and I don't even know if affinity still plays that.

I guess it's easy to surge with spire golem but like, spire golem is also sort of competition for the slot.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Zoness posted:

Eh, it's no somber hoverguard in pauper and I don't even know if affinity still plays that.

I guess it's easy to surge with spire golem but like, spire golem is also sort of competition for the slot.

Cloud of Faeries also helps it surge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I like both of these. Relief Cap is playable even if you're only getting one counter. You're rarely going to get all three and people will underrate it because of that.

• Locked thread