Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Can they really have lured 150,000 idiots to get an account in like the last month?

The account counter is absolute bullshit. That might as well be 1,000 accounts from every one of their true believers, or the CIG staff themselves + it still counts all who got a refund too. As to the pledge bar, it would not surprise me if the extra pledging is happening precisely because of all the bad press + ever faithful dramabomb making an even bigger splash and drawing even more poor gullible fools' attentions to all this and thus...even more money comes in, in part thanks to goon/nonbeliever mockery + white knight zealous reaction.

None of which will save CIG, of course. They could get enough funding for a whole new decade, and they'd STILL never release a game that non-cultist critics and anyone with half a brain would not pan and call poo poo on a stick. It just prolongs the inevitable, draws in even more pledgers victims to CIG...and ensures for an even bigger fallout once everything goes definitively tits up.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I really wish that would happen to me.

As do I, but I've been told I have a strong anti-bullshit aura surrounding me - I just don't get people trying to sucker me into stuff. Hooters waitresses don't try for higher tips with that flirty bullshit - even car salesmen get awkward when I'm asking questions. I'm not mean or anything, it's just a latent superpower.

If I could make it go away, I'd have a hell of a time loving with some of these people.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Oculus Rift pre-orders are up. 600$ + 60$ for shipping.

Also, hope you have a beastly PC.

lol 600 bucks and you need a monster pc. I hope zuckerberg didn't care much for that money he spent cause that poo poo is already dead.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Almost. They gained around 78,000 new accounts, but the more important number is that they got around 47,000 new starships between 2015-12-06 and today. Whether or not that translates to 47,000 new backers is impossible to know but it's unlikely. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual number of new backers is slowing and CIG is dumping cheap ships on the market to keep the $/ship ratio artificially low.

Of course one would think that a company proud of its open development would actually be open about the number of backers supporting them, but that's clearly crazy talk.
Hey Beer:

Your email uploads to Imgur were the greatest gift to this thread since Chris' disastrous live-stream gameplay experience. But since they are rasterized, it makes it difficult to excerpt and quote. Any chance you could paste them as text files into this thread? The word cloud opportunities alone boggle the mind.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Speaking of which did anyone ever confirm that they do indeed have a $20K coffee machine?

I have a third-party confirmation on that, back when it was ordered. However, I don't know if it's actually been installed at the new office yet. Though I thought I saw someone mention in one of the videos of the new location that they had seen it.

Best thing is to just flat out ask them about it. But that would probably a) be too easy b) they'd probably just lie about it anyway

Since that hag is still on a witch hunt, someone admitting - on the record - that they have a $20K coffee machine is probably grounds for being fired.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

spacetoaster posted:

Oculus Rift pre-orders are up. 600$ + 60$ for shipping.

Also, hope you have a beastly PC.
:stare:

What are the people behind Vive charging?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Have any gaming sites or blogs picked up on your emails Beer? Because they really are loving amazing.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

I made an account to grief with next time they do a free weekend, hopefully there are others who did the same.

To be honest I created two

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I have a third-party confirmation on that, back when it was ordered. However, I don't know if it's actually been installed at the new office yet. Though I thought I saw someone mention in one of the videos of the new location that they had seen it.

Best thing is to just flat out ask them about it. But that would probably a) be too easy b) they'd probably just lie about it anyway

Since that hag is still on a witch hunt, someone admitting - on the record - that they have a $20K coffee machine is probably grounds for being fired.

Never thought I'd live in a universe where the witches initiate the witch hunt. Such interesting times, these.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I assumed all the talk about Sandi being an egomaniac was just goons being weirdos but those letters sure lend credibility to the idea.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

Hey Beer:

Your email uploads to Imgur were the greatest gift to this thread since Chris' disastrous live-stream gameplay experience. But since they are rasterized, it makes it difficult to excerpt and quote. Any chance you could paste them as text files into this thread? The word cloud opportunities alone boggle the mind.

Good god no, that would take ages of scrolling, times the number of unedited quotes

Please do a pastebin

Edit: oh you meant text files. I still prefer pastebin though

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
^^^ That's what I would do.

G0RF posted:

Hey Beer:

Yeah, I'll try to do that tonight. I assume just her e-mails, or did you want mine as well?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

I put an edit in.

Edit, Shorter way to say the above, to my knowledge the ownership details aren't public knowledge, which isn't me disagreeing with anything you know to be true or me not believing you, it's just me saying I can't currently verify the information independently.

uhm, no. State corporation docs are all public knowledge. You can walk into a CA court building right now and obtain it. In fact, there are numerous online resources which also have it; but it's all locked behind a paywall.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Happy page 1111 everybody!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

^^^ That's what I would do.

Yeah, I'll try to do that tonight. I assume just her e-mails, or did you want mine as well?

Yours are just as important, if not more so, than hers, because of how respectful you remained. The contrast between your emails and hers makes it clear you're more qualified to run that shitshow than she is.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Wafflz posted:

lol 600 bucks and you need a monster pc. I hope zuckerberg didn't care much for that money he spent cause that poo poo is already dead.

It's going to run me 600 dollars just to upgrade my computer to run the 600 dollar oculus.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

It's going to run me 600 dollars just to upgrade my computer to run the 600 dollar oculus.

They timed the Oculus release to coincide with tax season.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

DandyLion posted:

C'mon, nobody noticed that kids tiny right arm. Its like Scary Movie 2.

Now I can't unsee it. gently caress.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wafflz posted:

How can she say she hasn't taken a day off when she posts pictures of herself on vacation? Has she convinced herself that going to the Monaco GP and schmoozing on the yachts there is work?

Sandi you are a garbage person.

The woman is an habitual liar.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I've been slacking so bad

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OUTPOSTED BY DEREKSMARTED.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Wafflz posted:

I am surprised by this. Wasn't it supposed to be cheaper than the DK?

Also, love their tool that you can use to check whether your PC is compatible, it complains about my i7 3770k @ 4ghz not being up to snuff and recommends an i5 4590 instead. Thanks for the pro-tip Facebook :)

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Derek you should really update the OP with some of this stuff.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

Holy poo poo I feel dirty :lol:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Jeff Clark, Austin, Quality Assurance, June 2015 – January 2016 (8 months)
Ken Fairclough, Austin, Concept Artist November 2014 – December 2015 (1 year 2 months)

Ken was a short-term freelancer though; so he worked with various companies on various projects.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

:eyepop: Holee molee! Not even pgabz can withstand the might of Derek Smart's posting ITT!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Just talking to a mate of mine who has spent a year making a VR game, he is loving destroyed.
£520 :lol:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

Honestly, I think you are just going to have to whether that storm. Its hard for Steam to do something about it when people buy your game, play for an hour and a half and just refund it. I think when SC crashes and burns, they'll have more important things to do than review bomb your games.

Yeah.

And speaking of which...

http://www.indiegamegirl.com/steam-user-reviews/

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Wafflz posted:

Well it seems they are giving kickstarter backers at the $275 price point a free OR. That will go a long way to seeding the public to get people talking. But ya $600 is almost twice the price they were talking about a year ago.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Beet Wagon posted:

It's the classic Pokemon strategy. Get nerds hooked on something and they will buy all of it. Don't believe me? Go check out the amounts of money some goons have spent on MWO.

True enough, but even with MWO :pgi: made that game fun, albiet probably unintentionally. With this, you can barely even use what you are buying for even more amounts of money

Scruffpuff posted:

My wife works with a handful of gamers which she shop talks with frequently. One of them is playing Elite atm, and he tells her that they're regularly hounded in chat by cultists telling them they have to come try SC. One guy got cornered in person by a cultist and it was worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

With that kind of obsession (which Sandi would call passion), I'm not that surprised so many new people are hopping on the Titanic.

I mean, even with people hopping on, I can't imagine they are buying anything but the basics at this point. And the basics are not going to sustain their burn rate. Also, good lord. It is going to be bad in any multiplayer space game until this thing is over and done with: 'Have you heard of the Christ Roberts my friend? He will save your soul from inferior space sims'

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Holy poo poo I feel dirty :lol:

lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

1500 posted:

Well it seems they are giving kickstarter backers at the $275 price point a free OR. That will go a long way to seeding the public to get people talking. But ya $600 is almost twice the price they were talking about a year ago.

They've basically just given Valve the green light to launch at $400 and destroy them, loving idiots

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

I've spent ages trying to think of a thread/subject that has delivered as much as Star Citizen... and I can't think of one.

I've been here nearly 15 years. I've seen a lot.

Sandi, Chris, :lesnick: and co... thank you for the unprecedented entertainment.

FU. How about thanking me?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

They've basically just given Valve the green light to launch at $400 and destroy them, loving idiots

Unless they'll reduce the price to $400 when the Vive launches and milk the early adopters.

BTW, great idea to bundle an xbox 360 controller with the Rift, I am sure no one owns one of those rare artifacts.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

That's a pretty good article. There are a lot of problems with Steam reviews, especially for games that are continually in development. I myself know that if a game is 'mixed' or 'mostly negative', I'd probably pass on it unless I know what I am getting into from an outside source or something.

But when people maliciously bomb your game, that's another thing.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

maybe their "business marriage" is a blessing in disguise for CRobbers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

1500 posted:

$600? That is loving insane for what amounts to a very early piece of tech that you need a high end rig for. Not to mention something you don't know how your body will tolerate without a scopolamine patch. I'd rather put that money towards a new PC than a luxury device.

• Locked thread