Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This makes no sense. He actually does have a strong ground game in Iowa, is he calling everyone in Iowa a Nazi?

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi." - A "witty" twitter comment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Phlegmish posted:

Have you noticed that, this person or organization that I dislike is a lot like Adolf Hitler.

Powercrazy posted:

This makes no sense. He actually does have a strong ground game in Iowa, is he calling everyone in Iowa a Nazi?

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi." - A "witty" twitter comment

It was tweeted(and deleted) by a writer from Newsweek, and Cruz supporters are acting very outraged.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"Hey dickwad, you wanna give me some space?"

Jeb! shouldn't talk to children that way.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Fulchrum posted:

Why do I get the feeling "Attack Japan" is an option on every poll in South Korea for every subject matter?

How do you feel about losing the Olympics? Like attacking Japan!

How do you react to Heart of the Void being delayed? Want to attack Japan!

Phlegmish posted:

That's amazing that 21.2% picked the joke option of 'Attack Japan'

For heaven's sake, it's a fake. The gray was originally "don't know/no response".

Come on.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

It was tweeted(and deleted) by a writer from Newsweek, and Cruz supporters are acting very outraged.

Coward. I wish the deleted twitter service thing still existed, or twiiter would just remove the ability to delete tweets :getin:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Powercrazy posted:

Coward. I wish the deleted twitter service thing still existed, or twiiter would just remove the ability to delete tweets :getin:

weird thoughts

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

weird thoughts

dont sign your posts

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Effectronica posted:

weird thoughts

srsly avoid mirrors you crazy gnostic bastard

e: I mean this as affectionately as I can

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

dont sign your posts

Boomstick Quaid posted:

srsly avoid mirrors you crazy gnostic bastard

e: I mean this as affectionately as I can

I'm glad the intellectual haven, free from the crushing Klendathu hivemind of D&D, focuses on cheap shots and grudges rather than thinking.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
man if youre working for newsweek you might as well call everyone nazis because its not like anyone actually gives a poo poo about you

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

I'm glad the intellectual haven, free from the crushing Klendathu hivemind of D&D, focuses on cheap shots and grudges rather than thinking.

oh relax puddin, nobodys gonna need to think with Big Papa Trump at the wheel

srsly tho I stopped taking you seriously when you suggested cartoon lolitas with giant dongs was an effective counterpunch to 4channers :coffeepal:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Effectronica posted:

But you better avoid that "weird thinking."

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/barry-bennett-trump-nominee-217406

quote:

The former campaign manager for Ben Carson said Wednesday that it is becoming "harder and harder to see" how Donald Trump does not win the Republican presidential nomination.

During an interview with CNN, Barry Bennett, who worked for the retired neurosurgeon's campaign as recently as last Thursday, expressed skepticism that his former boss' efforts could make a dent, particularly in Iowa.

"We’ve spent a lot of money on data in the Carson campaign, and we’ve got a lot of targets out there, and getting them out to vote, that’s going to be critical. But that’s just Iowa. Then we move to New Hampshire, and then South Carolina and then Nevada caucuses" and Super Tuesday after that, he said, remarking that "this thing could be well over" by the middle of March.

"And at this point, it’s getting harder and harder to see how Donald Trump isn’t our nominee," Bennett said.

Asked whether Carson is the best candidate in the field, Bennett did not give an explicit endorsement.

"Well I think Ben Carson has the best head and the best heart," he remarked. "Well you know, I’m a realist, and I believe in data, I believe in polls. And I have not seen a plan out there that is going to take down Donald Trump quite yet."

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Powercrazy posted:

But you better avoid that "weird thinking."

It's weird to want to have a slice of the surveillance pie, such as being able to demand all social media posts, deleted or not, be turned over to you for whatever purposes you have for them. Basically, you're saying that you believe stalking shouldn't be illegal.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Carson may have the best head and the best heart, but Trump has the best words. That wins nominations.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Effectronica posted:

It's weird to want to have a slice of the surveillance pie, such as being able to demand all social media posts, deleted or not, be turned over to you for whatever purposes you have for them. Basically, you're saying that you believe stalking shouldn't be illegal.

Accountability is stalking, hmm no weird thoughts here

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Michael Corleone posted:

Carson may have the best head and the best heart, but Trump has the best words. That wins nominations.
Don't forget his hands!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Accountability is stalking, hmm no weird thoughts here

"Accountability" meaning a total lack of privacy? Whoa. Looks like "accountability" really is stalking!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Effectronica posted:

Actually it's called criticism. You say stupid poo poo, you get mocked. That's the foundation of the internet.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
privacy on social media :laugh::laugh::laugh:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Effectronica posted:

"Accountability" meaning a total lack of privacy? Whoa. Looks like "accountability" really is stalking!

I will just privately post these updates on my public twitter account which I operate to complement my mainstream media services

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Powercrazy posted:

Actually it's called criticism. You say stupid poo poo, you get mocked. That's the foundation of the internet.

So, in the hellscape of your mind, there are no retractions, only the endless laughter of the kind of freaks who use the words "identity politics" seriously. All must facilitate you and your mutant brethren in your crusade. Dear Christ.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

privacy on social media :laugh::laugh::laugh:

All right, please give me your name, address, personal and work phone numbers, and your place of work. No privacy on social media!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
For real if the things that site was archiving wasn't publicly accessible then I'm pretty sure it wouldn't make it into their archive

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Ted Cruz is our Nixon, and Donald Trump is our Reagan. History plays out first as tragedy; then as farce.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Powercrazy posted:

Good news. Politwoops, a digital archive of public tweets deleted by politicians, is coming back online after reaching an agreement with Twitter.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

All right, please give me your name, address, personal and work phone numbers, and your place of work. No privacy on social media!

are you offering me sweet local deals on my favorite restaurants

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

steinrokkan posted:

I will just privately post these updates on my public twitter account which I operate to complement my mainstream media services

Since twitter allows you to delete posts, they allow you to privatize them after the fact. I'm sorry that you don't like this, (I'm not actually sorry) but it's reality and you have to man up and deal with it.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

A victory for stalking smdh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Guys, someone just quoted my post and I can't delete it anymore. I think I'm being stalked. My rights have been violated.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

Since twitter allows you to delete posts, they allow you to privatize them after the fact. I'm sorry that you don't like this, (I'm not actually sorry) but it's reality and you have to man up and deal with it.

whys it gotta be a man

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Vox Nihili posted:

Guys, someone just quoted my post and I can't delete it anymore. I think I'm being stalked. My rights have been violated.

A lot of people here want to deny people control of what is known about them. I suggest that they pony up their personal information as a sign that they're not hypocrites.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Effectronica posted:

So, in the hellscape of your mind, there are no retractions, only the endless laughter of the kind of freaks who use the words "identity politics" seriously. All must facilitate you and your mutant brethren in your crusade. Dear Christ.

I didn't know each tweet contained all this information! Are you saying that if we archive text transcriptions of public messages as they appear on the frontend of a social media website, we inadvertently collect personal information that is not published or even collected by the same social media website?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush is now talking about the deleted Ted Cruz/Nazi Iowa ground game tweet.

Congrats to Ted Cruz for being the #1 and #2 story in the right-wing political mediasphere today.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
please don't take the 'tronic seriously unless you're jonesing for murder fiction

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Effectronica posted:

A lot of people here want to deny people control of what is known about them. I suggest that they pony up their personal information as a sign that they're not hypocrites.

Please stop stalking me. I am growing alarmed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Effectronica posted:

Things posted in public aren't private anymore, HTH!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Effectronica posted:

Actually for them not to be hypocrites they would have to be ok with themselves being doxxed with once-publicly accessible material, no one here is a hypocrite if they refuse reveal personal information. Nice grandstanding though

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

steinrokkan posted:

I didn't know each tweet contained all this information! Are you saying that if we archive text transcriptions of public messages as they appear on the frontend of a social media website, we inadvertently collect personal information that is not published or even collected by the same social media website?

Okay, so people should not control what other people see of theirs on social media, EXCEPT for personal information, because that might inconvenience you. I think we're done here, hypocrite.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

This is good news!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Effectronica posted:

Okay, so people should not control what other people see of theirs on social media, EXCEPT for personal information, because that might inconvenience you. I think we're done here, hypocrite.

Actually if people kept all of their social media exchanges private they would stay private. Once public always public

• Locked thread