Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I hope to someday have a better UR PHY than Xeno Trunks. Maybe when the trading post kicks in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SSJ Gohan from the Bojack event is my go-to for PHY right now. It helps that he's SA10.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Hopefully the event itself is as good as RoF.

I want to marry Top Level Training.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
Great post Wuxi, I enjoy writeups on this game.

Wuxi posted:

Sadly, he is no SSJ, but on the bright side, neither is anyone else in Int.

Arent' super saiyan trunks and teen ssj gohan both decent INT SSJs? Or am I mixed up?

Actually I'm getting a lot of use out of RoF SSJ PHY Gohan at the moment.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Positronbob posted:

Great post Wuxi, I enjoy writeups on this game.

Arent' super saiyan trunks and teen ssj gohan both decent INT SSJs? Or am I mixed up?

Actually I'm getting a lot of use out of RoF SSJ PHY Gohan at the moment.

We're also forgetting INT SSJ Adult Gohan. He's fantastic. +25% atk leader skill, supreme Kamehameha, full SSJ link set, big damage boost on super. Trunks and Teen Gohan are both pretty good. Trunks pairs perfectly with Super Trunks and Gohan's got that Kamehameha/SSJ link combo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Positronbob posted:

When I look at team building I normally only look at free cards and easy to pull SR (aka featured during a Gacha event). Everyone can throw 6 UR into a team and win fights, but you don't have all the SSR unless you throw money at the game. SSR Trunks, Gohan and Gohan2 exist and they're good to great, but not everyone has those. Everyone has the Strike/Story characters though (or will when those events come back) and thats what I look at when I see a new card, how well does it fit into a F2P team.

Int has SSGSS Goku and now the new SSJ Goku, but both can't really stand on their own thanks to their bad-mediocre passives. The core of most Int teams is probably a bunch of Freezas, Kid/King Vegeta and maybe Cooler and the new Vegeta fits right into a strong independent team that needs no SSR.

Stuff like that is why AGL is my favourite type, with just a Stern Teacher Piccolo and Determined Defender Goku (who is the most common starting character) you can build an amazing team with even better synergy.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
Ah, fair enough. I saved my stones for the rate up event and got 5 SSRs so I might have a skewed idea of the rarity of them in FTP. (I haven't spent anything, although I'll cop to rerolling until I got SSJ3 Goku in an early pull :getin:

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
I have 13 base SSR characters but 0 of them are physical.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I'm looking forward to new content, though I hope I won't be spending any money ont his event. It was rough running Cooler over the weekend (I got one drop, and it was a Mecha Frezia!), although better use of my time might have been grinding rank up.

I also changed up my TEQ team to run the agility event today. , Super Buu, Majin Buu PHY (To link with Super Buu), and 4 Super Sayians. Granted it wasn't a challenge due to being the daily, but I liked the change from Android 17 pull.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
First 10 pull went over well. SSG Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Buu, and another Bojack. Was 7 SRs and an SSR. One of the singles afterward got me TEQ Whis. Both of those SSRs use Supreme Kai medals, which is awesome for me.

Didn't realize this wasn't the Piccolo Buu, wonder when we get that one. Or Kid Buu, for that matter.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

First 10 pull went over well. SSG Goku, Vegeta, Mr. Buu, and another Bojack. Was 7 SRs and an SSR. One of the singles afterward got me TEQ Whis. Both of those SSRs use Supreme Kai medals, which is awesome for me.

Didn't realize this wasn't the Piccolo Buu, wonder when we get that one. Or Kid Buu, for that matter.

Got SSG Goku and the new Vegeta in my first pull, super happy. The permanent rate up is a godsend and we actually got one over JPN this time - the first few Dokkan fests (the stuff were the LR drop) never were rate ups there.

Kid Buu is in the Mystic Gohan Gacha, not sure about Piccolo Buu, but he hadn't been out at this stage in JPN too.

I have 6 Old Kai and 0 Supreme :eng99:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Didn't get any of the new SSRs from my couple summons, but I did get SSR SSJ2 Vegeta from it.

Is there any guaranteed way to get Kibito medals? Like a level that will usually have them or an enemy in the story quests that will usually drop one?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Didn't get any of the new SSRs from my couple summons, but I did get SSR SSJ2 Vegeta from it.

Is there any guaranteed way to get Kibito medals? Like a level that will usually have them or an enemy in the story quests that will usually drop one?

Gold capsules on the AGL daily is the only guaranteed way. Otherwise any gold capsule is basically a 1/5 shot.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I was really hoping for that PHY Goku to Dokkan awaken but I got SSGSS Goku instead! Come to think of it what are the best cards we can get right now in global anyway?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I was really hoping for that PHY Goku to Dokkan awaken but I got SSGSS Goku instead! Come to think of it what are the best cards we can get right now in global anyway?

AGL SSG Goku -> SSJ3 -> TEQ Whis -> Majin Vegeta -> AGL SSJ2 Goku -> Kaioken Goku -> Beerus -> SSJ Adult Gohan

3-7 is a bit sketchy, SSJ2 Goku is better than Majin/Kaioken in a vacuum but both get better the more other Over in a Flash/Shocking Speed characters you have.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Seems like Mr. Buu isn't awakenable. Weird. Still better than Babidi.

Really hope I can get my mitts on a SSJ PHY Goku.

Looking at it, I guess TEQ Whis is the best Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash leader right now? Mystic Gohan is probably better, but you're stuck with TEQ, AGL, and STR for those links.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 5, 2016

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Seems like Mr. Buu isn't awakenable. Weird. Still better than Babidi.

Really hope I can get my mitts on a SSJ PHY Goku.

Same. 3 Multis and no SSJ PHY Goku. Don't want to spend more, wanted to save my last free stones for Mystic Gohan and Broly

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Actually just managed to pull one. Hopefully I'll get another, but the Dokkan'd one should be fine. I'm actually not sure I want to, though, since I have the AGL SSG Goku.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Oh hell yes, pulled the new Beerus. Excited about this guy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was expecting something far more rude for the Z-Hard boss on the last level. I mean, I have a drat good AGL team, but he's easier than Grandpa Gohan.

Any of these event stages good for zeni? I'm tired of beating up Hercule and Gero.

Plus, of course, I have Whis and HFH Frieza to awaken for my Shocking Speed team, so I'll need to do some TEQ medal grinding. So much to do.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 5, 2016

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I was expecting something far more rude for the Z-Hard boss on the last level. I mean, I have a drat good AGL team, but he's easier than Grandpa Gohan.

Yeah, I didn't even bring a mono-colour team and stomped Z-Hard without using items. I've finally acquired 50 stones again, wonder if I should go for a multi-roll.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Done four single pulls, got a rare Gohan, a third kid Trunks, an R Ginyu and that big red minion dude from one of the movie events. Disheartening :smith:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm learning to hate seeing Hercule fly into the meteor :mad:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fun fact: AGL SSG Goku uses all PHY medals. Which is nice because I have dozens and dozens of those from Gregory farming in the before times.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

cptn_dr posted:

Done four single pulls, got a rare Gohan, a third kid Trunks, an R Ginyu and that big red minion dude from one of the movie events. Disheartening :smith:

Did a multi, and 3 regular pulls.

Got SR STR Chi chi from the multi, and fodder otherwise. Not pumped.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Is the game acting weird to anyone else? Sometimes my first character will not attack when it's their turn.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Squallege posted:

Is the game acting weird to anyone else? Sometimes my first character will not attack when it's their turn.

Yeah, I've been getting that. I assumed it was just skipping the animation, but I'll pay closer attention next time to see if I'm wrong about that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It's done that occasionally for me since the beginning. I think I saw someone on Reddit say it happened with every attack from SSG Goku. If I had to give an impression, I'd say a Frieza card would have been the one doing it for me.

I keep reading that you only get the three Train Anywhere Gokus. Is that accurate or is the low chance to get a +super from R TEQ Goku just better than the drop rate?

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 6, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

It's done that occasionally for me since the beginning. I think I saw someone on Reddit say it happened with every attack from SSG Goku. If I had to give an impression, I'd say a Frieza card would have been the one doing it for me.

I keep reading that you only get the three Train Anywhere Gokus. Is that accurate or is the low chance to get a +super from R TEQ Goku just better than the drop rate?

On the info tab, where it tells you where the Dokkan medals drop, it also says that Train Anywhere Goku drops from Battle of Gods, so I'm assuming he's farmable, probably just with a low droprate and the 3 guaranteed ones from clearing each difficulty the first time.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

On the info tab, where it tells you where the Dokkan medals drop, it also says that Train Anywhere Goku drops from Battle of Gods, so I'm assuming he's farmable, probably just with a low droprate and the 3 guaranteed ones from clearing each difficulty the first time.

Ok, so it's Reddit being dumb, kind of what I figured.

On the subject of SSRs, I guess SSG Goku and TEQ Whis would be good uses of my Old Kai cards? Wuxi usually has good insights on stuff like this.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

On the subject of SSRs, I guess SSG Goku and TEQ Whis would be good uses of my Old Kai cards? Wuxi usually has good insights on stuff like this.

Yes to both. I don't know what Broly and Mystic Gohan need, but they're the only cards coming soon that are better or equal (don't think Broly comes before the next tournament anyway). Turles also is as good, but he needs special awakening medals anyway.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Yes to both. I don't know what Broly and Mystic Gohan need, but they're the only cards coming soon that are better or equal (don't think Broly comes before the next tournament anyway). Turles also is as good, but he needs special awakening medals anyway.

I mean the cards, not the medals. I'm thinking about throwing both of mine on SSG Goku, since his super is insanely damaging and adding onto that seems like a good idea given that he fits into multiple ki-heavy teams. If the damage math was better understood, it'd be an easier choice.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I mean the cards, not the medals. I'm thinking about throwing both of mine on SSG Goku, since his super is insanely damaging and adding onto that seems like a good idea given that he fits into multiple ki-heavy teams. If the damage math was better understood, it'd be an easier choice.

Woops. Unless you really really want to save them for Broly use them on SSJ3 or SSG. SSG is better right now, SSJ3 becomes at least equal with his Dokkan Awakening (which is 6 months off though, you're going to get a lot of additional Old Kais till then)

Actually, thinking about it, put them on the SSG Goku or wait for Broly. SSJ3 isn't good enough either way.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 6, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

Woops. Unless you really really want to save them for Broly use them on SSJ3 or SSG. SSG is better right now, SSJ3 becomes at least equal with his Dokkan Awakening (which is 6 months off though, you're going to get a lot of additional Old Kais till then)

Actually, thinking about it, put them on the SSG Goku or wait for Broly. SSJ3 isn't good enough either way.

I think I'll do that, thanks. Did it. Took his super from ~80k to ~87k. At level 80, unawakened. :getin:

I having issues figuring out what to do with this Shocking Speed/Over in a Flash team. I mean, obviously, I use Kaioken Goku, Majin Vegeta, and SSG Goku for Flash, along with TEQ Whis for his passive and leader ability. But the remaining two spots have some competition. I'm not sure Pikkon makes the grade just for Shocking Speed, Horror from Hell Frieza seems pretty good, but I'm wondering if SSJ2 TEQ Goku and SSJ2 AGL Gohan wouldn't be better due to Super Saiyan. Shame I don't have something with SSJ2 TEQ Gohan's passive (+2 TEQ/AGL Ki) or SSJ3 Goku.

Edit: Sweet, 5 stones for the Mr. Buu awakening thing. I got an R Videl! :v:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 6, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I keep getting a bunch of R crap and am in the Z-hard stones now :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was hoping there'd be a cool level like Top Level Training. Doesn't seem like there is.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I was hoping there'd be a cool level like Top Level Training. Doesn't seem like there is.

Lets be real, Top Level Training was too good.

I like that you actually fight from Beerus perspective. Fighting the same boss and his 3 henchmen for 10 stages gets boring fast

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Do the hercule/pods mean anything at all? Got hercule, rainbow Release, then SSJ3. What's up SSR TEQ Whis

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
So many new Rs and SRs to level up.

This is going to take some itme. I'm trying to grind medals using the Goku stage since I've depleted most of my low-tier medals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat. I've been trying to farm Train Anywhere Goku all day now, so far, all he's dropped is Support capsules of the Lil' Pilaf gang.
C'mon Goku, I want you SA10 before I dokkan you!