Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Evangelion jokes aside, tron can find this with ancient stirrings and kill exarch or pestermite with it.

It also interacts with Amulet Bloom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ramos posted:

It also interacts with Amulet Bloom.

Could it in tron SB's but i'm not sure... Rending Volley is super good.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Zoness posted:

Evangelion jokes aside, tron can find this with ancient stirrings and kill exarch or pestermite with it.

Counters scapeshift and summer bloom, a removal spell against infect, lots of situations where it'll be a good card to bring in

i think the total value will merit a sideboard slot or two

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

UberJew posted:

Counters scapeshift and summer bloom, a removal spell against infect, lots of situations where it'll be a good card to bring in

Scapeshift, Bloom and Twin can beat 1 counter super easily...

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

They have a huge advantage against tron in that they previously didn't need to even bother and can just jam their combo as fast as physically possible without fear

Beating one counter is not as easy (even if it is still easy) as beating zero counters and you know you don't need to beat more than zero counters because there are none in the deck

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's me

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mcmagic posted:

"Your removal dies to removal."'

Massive missing the point there, buddy.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Exiles Pestermite and Exarch, counters Summer Bloom, kills Infect guys, counters Scapeshift and Living End. It does pretty good work against most of Tron's worst matchups.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

UberJew posted:

They have a huge advantage against tron in that they previously didn't need to even bother and can just jam their combo as fast as physically possible without fear

Beating one counter is not as easy (even if it is still easy) as beating zero counters and you know you don't need to beat zero counters because there are none in the deck

It's not really a huge problem for Scapeshift to run Boseiju.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

UberJew posted:

Beating one counter is not as easy (even if it is still easy) as beating zero counters and you know you don't need to beat zero counters because there are none in the deck

I'm not saying it won't be played... I will test it myself. I've just been loving Rending Volley in Tron and I'm not sure about cutting that for this. Also if you're stirring's for it you're kinda telling them they need to play around it.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

I'm not saying it would be played... I will test it myself. I've been loving Rending Volley in Tron and I'm not sure about cutting that for this. Also if you're stirring's for it you're kinda telling them they need to play around it.

I don't think I cut Rending Volley, but there are sideboard cards I could cut for this (I've been loving Boil, but having a sorcery counterspell in the 75 if probably better in every situation I like Boil for as well as making it that much harder for Twin to t4 me)

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 6, 2016

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Toughness 1 OR LESS?

what is going on here

Edit: I guess this exiles little girl

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
What's the list for this WB Eldrazi deck? I'm only really finding mono-black versions. I have a foil Eye of Ugin and a Japanese foil Eye of Ugin, and I never want to buy Scalding Tarns, so I want to try it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Something like this:
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11255&d=263932&f=MO
It's basically incredibly similar only with Lingering Souls, Path to Exile and better sideboard options.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

UberJew posted:

I don't think I cut Rending Volley, but there are sideboard cards I could cut for this (I've been loving Boil, but having a counterspell in the 75 if probably better in every situation I like Boil for as well as making it that much harder for Twin to t4 me)

I don't like Boil at all in Tron. It's bad vs Twin and the while it's good vs Grixis, Tron should destroy Grixis anyway. I've been running 3-4 rending volley's in the 75 so that would be the first logical cut.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

That looks pretty neat to me TBH

The card's sweet, I wonder if it's Modern playable?

Aside from in Tron, because that's actually a ridiculous Scapeshift counter for the sideboard.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Whoever decided flashback drafts shouldnt have swiss options should be shot. Like, why do you expect people to play formats they don't know, and that won't be around for more than a week, when they might only get to play a single game of them for 10$?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

It's not really a huge problem for Scapeshift to run Boseiju.

Tron can run Ghost Quarter.

One deck has a much easier time finding a copy than the other.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Molybdenum posted:

Toughness 1 OR LESS?

what is going on here

Edit: I guess this exiles little girl

It's also power OR toughness.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Something like this:
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11255&d=263932&f=MO
It's basically incredibly similar only with Lingering Souls, Path to Exile and better sideboard options.

Ya this is a better list than the mono black one. There's been a few spoilers that can replace things like the Blight Herders and maybe even the Ulamog.

Again, I liken the deck to playing Jund with fewer colors.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Tron can run Ghost Quarter.

One deck has a much easier time finding a copy than the other.

Also Ulamog and Karn to eat lands. (Thats how you beat Shift)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I'll accept Ulamog, but Karn just gets remanded for literal days.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'll accept Ulamog, but Karn just gets remanded for literal days.

There is a reason it's not a great matchup...

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

I don't like Boil at all in Tron. It's bad vs Twin and the while it's good vs Grixis, Tron should destroy Grixis anyway. I've been running 3-4 rending volley's in the 75 so that would be the first logical cut.

There's a lot of irritating blue decks at the store I play at and local ptq type stuff (it's in there partially to help beat win the U/UW tron matchup, to explain just how weird we are talking) but eldrazi charm will have way more game against way more decks

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mcmagic posted:

Eldrazi charm can also help this plan by snagging a search for tomorrow/farseek/explore to buy a full extra turn to land ulamog if you've got it in your hand and realize you're going to be just too slow (which happens all the time in my experience)

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Caleb recorded a video for CFB with a UB version of the Eldrazi list, with Serum Visions, Ashiok, and Drowner of Hope.

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-calebd-modern-ub-eldrazi/

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

UberJew posted:

There's a lot of irritating blue decks at the store I play at and local ptq type stuff (it's in there partially to help beat win the U/UW tron matchup, to explain just how weird we are talking) but eldrazi charm will have way more game against way more decks

EW. GR Tron is probably the only deck that U Tron has a decent matchup against.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Caleb recorded a video for CFB with a UB version of the Eldrazi list, with Serum Visions, Ashiok, and Drowner of Hope.

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-calebd-modern-ub-eldrazi/

I just love Ashiok as a card. Probably my favorite playable pw. I hope this deck becomes a hit because I want a home for her again.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

A colorless counterspell kind of owns

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

mcmagic posted:

With BloomTitan it's incredibly depending on what you counter and what they kept. Sometimes a Spell Pierce or Spell Snare turns a medium hand into an incredibly dead one.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Really it looks like the deck is getting a lot stronger with OGW.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

EW. GR Tron is probably the only deck that U Tron has a decent matchup against.

Incorrect on both counts. It's good against all of the decks RG is good against, if not quite as good, and it's a lot better against things like burn and infect. RG used to be a good match up until they printed Newlamog which is basically unbeatable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mikujin posted:

With BloomTitan it's incredibly depending on what you counter and what they kept. Sometimes a Spell Pierce or Spell Snare turns a medium hand into an incredibly dead one.

That does make sense.. Though I'm pretty sure that we won't need to worry about the Amulet Bloom matchup by the time Wail is legal to be played.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

:gary: PARP

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

suicidesteve posted:

Incorrect on both counts. It's good against all of the decks RG is good against, if not quite as good, and it's a lot better against things like burn and infect. RG used to be a good match up until they printed Newlamog which is basically unbeatable.

One gigantic exception (at least gigantic in my local meta) is Merfolk, where U Tron comes off real, real bad

So bad that I was finally inspired to get around to putting GR Tron together (as i'd been planning to for a while, at the time) after going 0-3 drop against three merfolk decks

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

A colorless counterspell kind of owns

It even counters counters!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

It slices it dices!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

Errata'd to instant

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I don't know if anyone pointed this out already or if it's even intentional, but I like that while the Kozilek stuff is often colorful in its artwork, it's usually dominated by colors like yellow, pink and purple. In other words, not colors that correspond to one of the colors of mana.

There's green and blue shades in there too, but they strike me as weird, like sickly or "off" or something... not what you'd usually pick to evoke those colors in artwork.

Zoness posted:

Errata'd to instant

They should totally have made it a sorcery with flash in the spirit of sticking as close as possible to the printed text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Really it looks like the deck is getting a lot stronger with OGW.

Tron is a T1 deck right now and it's getting 4-5 new playables in this set. Pretty nuts.

• Locked thread