Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

Oscar Isaac is handsome.

yes he is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

LingcodKilla posted:

Just how much is the anime industry paying boom boom boom to constantly shove their terrible dorkbots into this thread?

Sadly he is Otaku, he does it for the honor of representing his most beloved Nippon, taking money would be shameful.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Moola posted:

yes he is

Even I think he's handsome and I am a straight man.

He looked better in Drive though. With buzzed hair and stubble...and that's saying something since the other guy was Ryan Gosling.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Apollodorus posted:

Even I think he's handsome and I am a straight man.

He looked better in Drive though. With buzzed hair and stubble...and that's saying something since the other guy was Ryan Gosling.

Goddamn it I was wondering why he looked familiar when I watched Inside Llewyn Davis. Someone post the image of the Poe Dameron waifu pillow if they haven't posted it already

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

guts and bolts posted:

Goddamn it I was wondering why he looked familiar when I watched Inside Llewyn Davis. Someone post the image of the Poe Dameron waifu pillow if they haven't posted it already

http://nerdist.com/pilot-your-dreams-with-poe-dameron-body-pillows-star-wars/

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
Let's not forget when Poe Dameron gets the upper hand on General Hux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGY44DIQb-A

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LingcodKilla posted:

Just how much is the anime industry paying boom boom boom to constantly shove their terrible dorkbots into this thread?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
So meta.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Actually, now that I think about it: a comic about creating plastic miniatures would be way better if it were about GW and its slow death spiral into the toilet.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

TERRIBLE GIMMICK.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

post more

Thirsty Dog posted:

TERRIBLE GIMMICK.

dont sign your posts

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
sorry to derail the derail, but doesn't the new financial report complete with cover letter drop soon? I keep thinking Jan 12th but I'm not sure.

I for one am looking forward to this more then any other GW release, the fights on Dakka and Warseer are gonna be awesome.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Moola posted:

post more

dont sign your posts

Just like when you gave GW money for their paints, you're enabling awful poo poo.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I am an agent of chaos :evilbuddy:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Apollodorus posted:

Actually, now that I think about it: a comic about creating plastic miniatures would be way better if it were about GW and its slow death spiral into the toilet.

I'm the board member slamming his hands on the table dramatically during the important board meeting and exclaiming we have to reduce the stores to one man operations. There will be lots of sweat and a flashback about my grandparent jumping during the Wall Street crash and vowing never to let such a disgrace happen to our family again.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

:golfclap:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Should've added "whirlpool of poo poo". :colbert:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
How is Knights of Sydonia (sp?) on Netflix? I want to watch it but my Netflix time is usually when I paint, and I can't read subtitles when I'm painting.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Jesus Christ do I love this thread. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

krushgroove posted:

How is Knights of Sydonia (sp?) on Netflix? I want to watch it but my Netflix time is usually when I paint, and I can't read subtitles when I'm painting.

The CG animation is kinda bad, IMO. I only watched the first episode, the animation was enough to put me off. I did read Biomega by the same author, and that was pretty good, so I assume if you don't mind the animation, Kinghts of Sidonia would be good too.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Ilor posted:

Jesus Christ do I love this thread. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Me too even though I only understand what's happening like 5% of the time cause I'm old and simple.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
boom boom boom do you have any dioramas of that robot that's a windmill

boom boom boom posted:

The CG animation is kinda bad, IMO. I only watched the first episode, the animation was enough to put me off. I did read Biomega by the same author, and that was pretty good, so I assume if you don't mind the animation, Kinghts of Sidonia would be good too.

Have a friend who swears by it up and down, so I kinda second-handedly back this up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

spectralent posted:

boom boom boom do you have any dioramas of that robot that's a windmill

Tragically, there has never been a model kit of the Nether Gundam. Or Hurricane Gundam, as it's called in America. There was only an action figure

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I feel in a universe where GW isn't poo poo and everything it touches turns to ashes, that had an amazing chance to be an ork battle windmill with a little conversion.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Tragically, there has never been a model kit of the Nether Gundam. Or Hurricane Gundam, as it's called in America. There was only an action figure

Quite the tragedy. Pretty much right behind the holocaust.

God

drat

Weeaboos

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Yo boomboomboom got any hot links for Gundam modeling tips? I got the Re/100 Gerbera and I want to do it up real nice like.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Someone linked the Tim Tebow chronicles up in here yesterday and I read it instead of working for a few hours and it was pretty good. The beginning was especially great. The ending went off the rails a bit into poorly-thought-out science fiction land but was still satisfyingly melancholy so I liked it.

It is probably particularly good if you have some inkling of who Tim Tebow is (he is a remarkably good terrible football player), and have the standard level of American awareness of Canadian football (which is to say, you know it exists and have heard they only have three downs and that's all you know about it).

It does take a long time to load, and has to be read using that loving interface they're using, but if you can just let it pull down however many unnecessary hundreds of megs of data it's trying to shove down your browser's throat, it's OK. Don't try to read it on a phone.

here is the link again if anyone missed it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Charles Get-Out posted:

Yo boomboomboom got any hot links for Gundam modeling tips? I got the Re/100 Gerbera and I want to do it up real nice like.

I just do snap builds with panel lining, man. People in the Gunpla thread probably could help you out

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678195

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TKIY posted:

Quite the tragedy. Pretty much right behind the holocaust.

God

drat

Weeaboos

I would put the lack of model kits for such G Gundam MS as Nether Gundam, Tequila Gundam, and Lumber Gundam on par with the lack of plastic Sisters of Battle kits on a model kit tragedy rating scale.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

It is probably particularly good if you have some inkling of who Tim Tebow is (he is a remarkably good terrible football player), and have the standard level of American awareness of Canadian football (which is to say, you know it exists and have heard they only have three downs and that's all you know about it).

As a non bad-sports fan, I had heard that Tim Tebow was mostly considered to be way overhyped for his actual skill level, which appeared to be somewhere short of the standard for the top tier of the NFL. From what I understood, he was mostly famous for his religious beliefs rather than his on-pitch prowess. Certainly he seems to have trouble finding a team that will let him play these days.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I wonder if you could use Gundams for Elohi in KoW. Probably too big.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Helen Highwater posted:

As a non bad-sports fan, I had heard that Tim Tebow was mostly considered to be way overhyped for his actual skill level, which appeared to be somewhere short of the standard for the top tier of the NFL. From what I understood, he was mostly famous for his religious beliefs rather than his on-pitch prowess. Certainly he seems to have trouble finding a team that will let him play these days.

Yeah, I called him a remarkably good terrible player for a reason, that's not a typo. This past preseason, he got signed by the Eagles, who subsequently cut him before the season started. So basically he couldn't even qualify to hold the QB3 spot on a team desperate for a functional quarterback.

He's bad.

But he's also great! He set records for his college, and then piloted Denver through a winning season and into the playoffs. He has tremendous running ability and flashes of brilliance on the field. The trouble is, those flashes of brilliance are interspersed with godawful play, especially passing. He's most famous for being super mega religious, but he's a clean religious boy kind of guy, which a big segment of the right in the US loving loves. I'm quite sure he's also a really nice guy who anyone would be happy to be pals with. He's perfect for this story.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 6, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Someone linked the Tim Tebow chronicles up in here yesterday and I read it instead of working for a few hours and it was pretty good. The beginning was especially great. The ending went off the rails a bit into poorly-thought-out science fiction land but was still satisfyingly melancholy so I liked it.

It does take a long time to load, and has to be read using that loving interface they're using, but if you can just let it pull down however many unnecessary hundreds of megs of data it's trying to shove down your browser's throat, it's OK. Don't try to read it on a phone.

I am so glad someone in here read that. :allears: I love that thing, but it gets so bizarre by the end. I especially got a kick out of it for the weird, nonsensical Canadian jokes. I lived/worked a year in Alberta and from what I could tell there were two types of Canadian football fans. Those that swore off the NFL and only watched the CFL and their polar opposites. Not many people fell between the two, but, let's be honest here, most people up there didn't give a poo poo about either league because hockey.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Leperflesh posted:

The author of that Tebow piece, Jon Bois, is a goddamn treasure. If you haven't, check out his Breaking Madden series, and his explainer on 'what a catch is' (written in the same style as the Tebow article).

Also also too too, he has a good Twitter account.

edit: GW is bad.

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 6, 2016

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

I am so glad someone in here read that. :allears: I love that thing, but it gets so bizarre by the end. I especially got a kick out of it for the weird, nonsensical Canadian jokes. I lived/worked a year in Alberta and from what I could tell there were two types of Canadian football fans. Those that swore off the NFL and only watched the CFL and their polar opposites. Not many people fell between the two, but, let's be honest here, most people up there didn't give a poo poo about either league because hockey.

I'd have to say, you're characterization is spot on. I live in Ottawa, and we just got a new CFL franchise two years ago (third franchise ever, third time is the charm?). The city was all abuzz this year because we went from worst in our first year, to first in our second year. They went to the Grey Cup (champsionship) and lost in the fourth quarter. My fiancee, who doesn't usually give a gently caress about sports of any kind (unless she is playing), actually got mad at her sister for watching the NFL instead of the CFL championship. It was kind of beautiful in a weird way. So thanks for this super weird article, that let me relive this kind of strangeness that is the CFL.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, I called him a remarkably good terrible player for a reason, that's not a typo. This past preseason, he got signed by the Eagles, who subsequently cut him before the season started. So basically he couldn't even qualify to hold the QB3 spot on a team desperate for a functional quarterback.

He's bad.

But he's also great! He set records for his college, and then piloted Denver through a winning season and into the playoffs. He has tremendous running ability and flashes of brilliance on the field. The trouble is, those flashes of brilliance are interspersed with godawful play, especially passing. He's most famous for being super mega religious, but he's a clean religious boy kind of guy, which a big segment of the right in the US loving loves. I'm quite sure he's also a really nice guy who anyone would be happy to be pals with. He's perfect for this story.

Isn't he also known for this kind of poo poo?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is Tim Tebow the dude who's literally a failed abortion?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
From what little I know about Tebow he seems to be the sort of guy who genuinely wants to do some positive good in the world, but because of the lens through which he views everything, he sees this as being abstinence education and "one nation under god" and other things that have the net effect of making the world worse. It's depressing, but if he's opening charity hospitals or whatever then I'll give him partial credit for effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom posted:

Is Tim Tebow the dude who's literally a failed abortion?
Yes. He was also a former teammate of Aaron "The Dumbest Murderer in the World" Hernandez when they were both at Florida.

• Locked thread