Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm at 57? or so and I can't keep more than a handful up to actual max level. There's just not enough training robots in the world. Or money, these guys want to go to a for-profit robot teaching university on no scholarship every time.

Then they want 20 of like five different purple items!

:sludgepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

I'm at 57? or so and I can't keep more than a handful up to actual max level. There's just not enough training robots in the world. Or money, these guys want to go to a for-profit robot teaching university on no scholarship every time.

Then they want 20 of like five different purple items!

:sludgepal:

2468 1 star, 1336 two star, 16 three star training droids at L55. But only 7 maxed chars so maybe that's a handful. I'll level up some more tomorrow to unlock Vader.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I activated Lumi and Sid in the past day and am down to like 150~ 1* and 200 2* training droids now. Still 15 shards away from Daka so my dark side squad is trash and I am seriously considering picking up a 2* Greedo from arena shipments. It's only 2000 points :shobon:

Also I finally finished GW for the first time and got a Leia shard??

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Anyone build a full FO team?

Phasma
Kylo Ren
FO pilot
FO officer
FO trooper

Seems really tempting.
I can't find any reason not to use Fives over FO Stormtrooper and I use FO Stormtrooper because I don't have Fives. Fives' slow lasts 2 turns so it slows on counter, FO Stormtroopers' does not, and the difference in proccing the leader ability is less than the frequency with which Fives can call an on-demand assist. Unless FO does a lot more damage (which he doesn't seem to without advantage, which is not worth spending a turn to buff yourself with and can only affect 1 counter max) or has some hidden stats advantage that I can't see because it's so loving hard to compare characters in this game, unless someone has posted their max stats to swgohcantina (and who is going to make a 7* max gear FO stormtrooper to check?).

edit: I also think FO pilot is too squishy to be really good (may be different at 7*s max gear but he's so hard to even start farming) and the character you should care least about replacing without the FO bonus is the one who does the most damage (everyone else has a chance to call your big damage guy on assist, his assist calls have much lower potential usefulness). Also that team has no healing! Replace the trooper with fives, the pilot with any DPS you can easily farm, and the officer with someone with healing!

kaschei fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 6, 2016

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Ok, I did actually replace my Chewie with Old Daka in the Arena, and now I'm completely converted.

Ability blocking an Old Ben with Lumi while I killed Sidious, then stunning him next with Daka, I got three of their guys down including Old Ben without him having a chance to use Jedi Mind Trick while she was also random stunning Kylo Ren who never got off his AoE + guaranteed counter. Incredible.

Just wish I'd managed to open her in a pack before I'd got those 80 shards so she'd have an extra star by now.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Daka is so useful, but she really needs 5* to even think about being competitive. I'm curious how her stats will go up at 6*.

Did anyone catch the Vader shard exploit on reddit? A lot of people on the official forums are referencing it, but don't have the link.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 6, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

am i just tasting the rear end of RNG or is Cantina battle shard rate dropped precipitously. I got Chewie to Star 6 off of Cantina battles without shard buys before Jan 1. I am now trying to level up Genosian Soldier, and I've cleared his poo poo 14+ times per day (depending on level ups) for the past week and I've gotten like 5 shards total. I have some days with 0 shards on 14 runs????????????

hello game where da shards at

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Unlocked Keycard battles, but it doesn't bloody say on the tin that you have to have *50* energy to start the battle before you use the key.

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jan 6, 2016

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, hopefully they revamp them sometime. The rewards were pretty bad too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I really think they are going to tweak numbers on a lot of heroes in the next couple of months. Lumi for example just too many things too well compared to a lot of heroes. Cad Bane for example, absolute garbage. His health is one of the lowest I've seen, and his speed is trash. I'll actually have him at 6* at the end of the month, and I won't ever use him. Some attackers have slow speed and hit for barely over 1k, while others are doing 2.5k normal shots. This isn't comparing tanks to DPS. This is DPS to DPS. A lot of it just makes no sense.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

New dread combo in Arena: Phasma+Sid+Luke+Whatever (usually healers). That trio will kill one of my characters before I even get a turn, and usually Sid lands 2 DoTs on 2 characters+1 on the rest and takes of ~15-33% HP when their first turn is over. Managed to somehow claw back a victory against one such team, but only because it had Chewie instead of another healer or AoE/Attacker (ended with a shootout between my 3 star Phasma and his 4 Star, with my Phasma having about 500 health left :v:).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm playing this game too, I don't know why. Probably because it's Star Wars. Ally code 189-255-676, level 59, got a handful of purple 4* and 5* available to be borrowed.

Does anyone know how does the game select the hero which your friends can borrow, anyway? Is it random?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
In the official forums, there's a thread where a cg rep confirms all kinds of stuff, including that they're replacing key card battles with something actually useful. Phone posting atm, but the link was posted earlier in this thread.

Mr. Neutron posted:

I'm playing this game too, I don't know why. Probably because it's Star Wars. Ally code 189-255-676, level 59, got a handful of purple 4* and 5* available to be borrowed.

Does anyone know how does the game select the hero which your friends can borrow, anyway? Is it random?

It's the last leader your friend used in that game type.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I just got a 4* Bariss from a Bronzium card :toot:

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Hm devs said that there is no AI advantage when it comes to proc rates on things like stuns or dodge rates.

I find that extremely hard to believe.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just got Poe. Is he worth using at all, even for a GW B-team? I've heard good things, but I already have Lumi, Phasma, Dooku, etc..

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

Hm devs said that there is no AI advantage when it comes to proc rates on things like stuns or dodge rates.

I find that extremely hard to believe.

That's bullshit, and everyone knows it. Specifically with Daka's rez proc, I know the ai is much luckier than I've ever seen for myself. It could be unintentional, but it's definitely there.

New Leaf posted:

I just got Poe. Is he worth using at all, even for a GW B-team? I've heard good things, but I already have Lumi, Phasma, Dooku, etc..

Poe's really good. If you can keep him alive long enough to survive his taunt, he'll help you shred the enemy team. He's especially good with a Resistance Trooper.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I had a GW fight yesterday where AI had 5 follow-ups in a row from Phasma's leader skill (16% chance? uh huh), and Dooku and Daka was stunning/double stunning everyone each. It was actually pretty funny because it was so ridiculous, so much so that I wanted to record it. I just restarted the fight with a different team.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I had a match that contained Daka. I killed everyone but Boba Fett who revived SEVEN times in a row after I killed him. It was zero danger to me because he never got another turn but I can guarantee I've never seen seven resurrections from Daka period, let alone in one match.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Part of that could be Bobas self rez kicking in too.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
RNG isn't weighted towards the AI. (watches enemy Sidious dodge 4 times in a row)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Is it more efficient to farm gear from available Hard-mode missions, or just spam the 6-energy ones?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Zotix posted:

Part of that could be Bobas self rez kicking in too.

I didn't realize he had that so yeah that could account for it. Still feels really weighted towards the defender though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Is it more efficient to farm gear from available Hard-mode missions, or just spam the 6-energy ones?

Hard missions don't have a higher droprate although some often have two valuable/rare drops.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

If it's a hard mode for a character I might eventually want (e.g., Boba), I will do that and hope for a shard or 2. I know it might be a waste of energy in the long run, but I've had so many sims give me nothing anyway.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What hard modes are you guys farming? I always do Dooku, Fives, Rey, Daka, Aosoka.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Dooku, Poggle, Rey, Daka, Fives, FO Pilot, Resistance Trooper

Since I don't have much gear to get (I'm only leveling certain characters), I farm less now that I'm at cap.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I haven't done the mission to get FOP yet. Maybe I'll work on that at work tonight.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Right now the only hard modes I do are Lumi and Dooku.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

Right now the only hard modes I do are Lumi and Dooku.

Same.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

I thought the consensus was that Dooku is great mid-game, but tapers off later? Has this changed? If I don't have Dooku at all, should I start farming him?

Right now I'm farming Lumi, JC, and Rey. Once I get JC to 5, should I just leave him there and focus on others?

For Cantina, I've been farming JC, but I just unlocked Luke, so I feel like I should farm him there. He seems pretty good. However, I've noticed that I get better ability shards from farming JC than Luke (But, JC costs 2 more). Since I've been really short on Ability shards, should I instead just start pushing through Cantina levels so that I can maybe get better drop rates on level 2s? Or should I just keep farming JC/Luke?

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 6, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I thought the consensus was that Dooku is great mid-game, but tapers off later? Has this changed? If I don't have Dooku at all, should I start farming him?

Right now I'm farming Lumi, JC, and Rey. Once I get JC to 5, should I just leave him there and focus on others?

For Cantina, I've been farming JC, but I just unlocked Luke, so I feel like I should farm him there. He seems pretty good. However, I've noticed that I get better ability shards from farming JC than Luke (But, JC costs 2 more). Since I've been really short on Ability shards, should I instead just start pushing through Cantina levels so that I can maybe get better drop rates on level 2s? Or should I just keep farming JC/Luke?

Get him. He's a great character for dark-side poo poo and is real, real good until your whole team is 6+ stars.

His attack speed is so loving stupid, he's great for trashing an opponents healer from the B-squad in GW.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Dooku's only negative is that it's harder to get him to 5/6/7 stars. But he'still pretty obnoxious to fight, even at 4*, and I still see him on top 10 teams in my Arena bracket, even on teams with 22000+ power.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am level 47 and I am still running out three 1* on my dark side squad. Granted, one of them is IG-86 who is quite good, and I'll have Old Daka in two or three days, but I can't imagine that I'll have a dark side squad that can't use Dooku for quite awhile.

Although I do need like 15 shards to farm Dooku so who knows, considering the rng on shard drops.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I read a solid post that made the argument that Dooku will always be used because of his speed and potency. Any teams that use a gimmick like damage up to be strong will be countered by him because of his speed, and his potency. He will always attack first, and land his ability block or stun.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

I read a solid post that made the argument that Dooku will always be used because of his speed and potency. Any teams that use a gimmick like damage up to be strong will be countered by him because of his speed, and his potency. He will always attack first, and land his ability block or stun.

That's right. His cc is what makes him dangerous. The counterattack gimmick makes him God tier in the 40's, but he just doesn't deal enough damage in the top brackets, so he's merely adequate. Thank Christ that he can't proc cc effects on a counterattack.

That being said, I don't farm him. The shard availability just doesn't make him appealing to me at all. If I'd gotten him in his pack, I would be saying otherwise.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

That being said, I don't farm him. The shard availability just doesn't make him appealing to me at all. If I'd gotten him in his pack, I would be saying otherwise.

This is the sense I've gotten, so I just haven't bothered farming him. Since I've just unlocked Daka, I am tempted by Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Lumi, Luke/Pilot/Damage burst, but Dooku just doesn't sound worth farming.

P.S. level 51, already hanging out between ranks 20 and 50, and I haven't had any difficulty clearing GW (and lately I haven't even needed to close-app).

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Malgrin posted:

This is the sense I've gotten, so I just haven't bothered farming him. Since I've just unlocked Daka, I am tempted by Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Lumi, Luke/Pilot/Damage burst, but Dooku just doesn't sound worth farming.

P.S. level 51, already hanging out between ranks 20 and 50, and I haven't had any difficulty clearing GW (and lately I haven't even needed to close-app).

You are doing great for not being 60 yet. Even though it makes me a hypocrite, I would say to not split GW shipments between Phasma and Lumi. Pick one or the other and just ignore the other until you've gotten your chosen one to 7*.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mooktastical posted:

You are doing great for not being 60 yet. Even though it makes me a hypocrite, I would say to not split GW shipments between Phasma and Lumi. Pick one or the other and just ignore the other until you've gotten your chosen one to 7*.

Yeah, I'm doing this. Well, I lied, I just split to get Resistance Pilot to 4* (and at level 51, Gear level 6, he's critting for over 3200 without Sid's buff - so worth it). But, now that I've got him there (It took 3 days of farming away from Lumi), I'm back to just focusing her. Once I get her to 7, I plan to focus Phasma, because by then I should have Luke or FOTP higher level, and I think they'll be better for end game than Resistance Pilot (but for now, RP is a total badass - also super good with Sid because he gains meter on a crit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I just had an arena fight where the Phasma followed up happened every single time. Every time. Not one miss. How can they say that's 16%? I didn't get a single attack in.

• Locked thread