Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Ether Frenzy posted:

Sucklemuckagus.
Rhinocosceros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Caper posted:

As for Howard Stern, I never heard the radio show live growing up in Houston but I watched the E Show all the time when I was little.

Hello fellow Houstonian who got into Howard the same exact way (back in 1997).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh, Mike, ya got a question for me, big guy?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXACUu3IVk

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Squashy Nipples posted:

Please tell me you played QuakeWars, too... Goddamn I loved that game. I used to scrimmage with a goon team, too.

QW was good but just not the same for some reason. Dirty Bomb is their new game and it really scratches the same itch, good game and F2P (in a non-revolting way)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Holy crap, I had no idea I've posted that much in here!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17IvWt7s5o

He looks even freakier from this angle.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YawgEIB20M

I thought I was soooooooo smart taking High Pitch Eric in the 2016 Wack Pack Death Pool. Rest in Peace you beautiful bastard.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I saw, like, 70 new posts and thought Artie died. :(

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

O qua tanzen wan, qua ompsa, talli-wan

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Kelly used to be a prolific poster on this thread to the point where she's still in that list but hasn't been a regular contributor in years. I think she got married or something and quit listening to the show.

I've seen her unmistakable Eric the Ack ack ack ack Actor avatar in other threads.

I wonder if the aliens are going to attend Riley's funeral.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Holy gently caress, that Riley Martin parody song pack is loving wonderful.

EDIT: Especially the Lady Marmalade one, jesus christ.

EDIT 2: Holy poo poo, so I guess this is my favourite thread on the forums. :psyduck: I guarantee at least 60% of those posts were me quoting something from the show.

How do you break the threads down like this?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Brocktoon posted:

Me neither. I've only been listening to the show since 2011, but found this thread about 2 years ago exactly.

Caper posted:

Didn't High Pitch lose some weight? Like 60 lbs? (Which would be a lot for us normies but barely noticeable for someone like him). As for 'successful' leeches, there are a ton of those involved with the show. Some are even on the staff!

Erik has fluctuated from like just over 400 to (I think) 430 recently. Let's see what he's up to.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I started posting in this thread after I heard Fred the Elephant Boy's story about making GBS threads himself at a Gary appearance at a car dealership.
But he rode the subway and everything with lovely pants and it made people around him want to vomit.

I think Stern was also my first "podcast" gaming experience, because I was playing Crackdown on 360 at the time while listening to replays.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Dr.Caligari posted:

How do you break the threads down like this?

When you view a forum's threads you can click on the number in the Reply category and it'll spit this out for you.

It absolutely amazes me that both people are from the same species.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 7, 2016

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I've been lurking in this thread for years. Had it as a favorite since about 2009 when I started listening to the show. I can't remember why I started listening, but think it had something to do with SA. I also stopped listening to the show not long after Artie left. This thread is sort of my replacement for all that with the great favorite clip postings. Rupert has been the life of the thread recently, so thanks for that dude!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

And now for my 470th post in this thread, I have to admit for a show I dislike sometimes I seem to love hatefucking it. That, or I just really, really hate Eric the Midget, and love seeing him get knocked down constantly.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
40 minutes of Baba Booey songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNv6sRXUhY4

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Evil Dave Letterman calls Riley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5WoqRwIzJY

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

Rupert has been the life of the thread recently, so thanks for that dude!

Aw, thanks man/lady (hey, I don't know. I incorrectly assumed YeahTubaMike was male :ohdear:). All of you guys/girls are awesome. :toot:

Also, to answer the question (edit: from Dr. Caligari) about the thread post count breakdown, I did it with the SALR extension for Firefox I just reinstalled today. Didn't know you could find that info normally.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 7, 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

O qua tanzen wan, qua ompsa, talli-wan

I thought Howard did an excellent and heartfelt tribute

45 years of psychotherapy paying off.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

holy crap a commenter id'd every song and included a timestamp. That is a lot of work

Unless he did not name them all this video doesn't have System of a Booey, my personal favorite and ring tone for maybe a year (edit there at 5:21, the guy must have missed some)

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 7, 2016

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Brocktoon posted:

Hahah yeah its the most posted in thread for me as well...
But mostly because I can say things like "here's the deal" and "pumping off"
Try that in any other thread and see how far you get.

Oh and for all the other Mizzzarks, here is a sniz pizeak at the Spice/Akira cricket caper..

4-24-06 Akira in Studio
Akira in Studio as a Hustler Club Girl.
Spice has not re-joined the show yet
5-12-06 Spice returns to the studio. Relationship talk.
Discussion with Spice, Bubbas sister Tara and Gene Lasker.
6-01 Spice discussion about his sex life and Girlfriend problems
6-15 Spice/Akira studio same time 1st time
6-16 Akira in Studio.
6-26 Spice/Akira rubber pussy deal
9-01-06 Bubba talks about Akira likes Spice
9-06 Spice relationship talk
9-11-06 Bubba talks about Spice and Akira
hosed last night.
9-12 Bubba plays clips of Spice and Akira
9-15-06 Artie in Studio talks to Spice about Akira
9-18-06 Spice gets Heat about Akira
10-3-06 Akira and Spice talk about relationship
10-5-06 Bubba talks about Spice and Akira
10-18-06 Spice talks about it being over with Akira
Discusses getting back with Melody
10-19 Spices Girlfriend Melody in Studio. Bubba plays sex tape audio of Spice and Akira
10-23 Manson Song about Akira and Melody set to Hinder Lips of an Angel (listen here if you have Spotify. Its classic Manson https://open.spotify.com/track/05Gl9XtfBdAU9wzQ75iQPL
10-24-06 Some Spice Melody/Akira Talk
11-06-06 Bubba talks to Akira about Spice
11-15-06 Akira at softball game
Bubba blows up at jugghead and Hammel

Mr Lance Murdock fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 7, 2016

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Shes Not Impressed posted:

I think Stern was also my first "podcast" gaming experience, because I was playing Crackdown on 360 at the time while listening to replays.

LOL it's funny I used to do the same, even with Crackdown. also the Scarface game on the OG xbox.

Also:

https://mcfaddenjr.wordpress.com/20...ard-stern-show/

Talk about a goldmine of a story. It's long though, 30 mins at the most but hang in there.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hahah yeah its the most posted in thread for me as well...
But mostly because I can say things like "here's the deal" and "pumping off"
Try that in any other thread and see how far you get.

Oh and for all the other Mizzzarks, here is a sniz pizeak at the Spice/Akira cricket caper..

4-24-06 Akira in Studio
Akira in Studio as a Hustler Club Girl.
Spice has not re-joined the show yet
5-12-06 Spice returns to the studio. Relationship talk.
Discussion with Spice, Bubbas sister Tara and Gene Lasker.
6-01 Spice discussion about his sex life and Girlfriend problems
6-15 Spice/Akira studio same time 1st time
6-16 Akira in Studio.
6-26 Spice/Akira rubber pussy deal
9-01-06 Bubba talks about Akira likes Spice
9-06 Spice relationship talk
9-11-06 Bubba talks about Spice and Akira
hosed last night.
9-12 Bubba plays clips of Spice and Akira
9-15-06 Artie in Studio talks to Spice about Akira
9-18-06 Spice gets Heat about Akira
10-3-06 Akira and Spice talk about relationship
10-5-06 Bubba talks about Spice and Akira
10-18-06 Spice talks about it being over with Akira
Discusses getting back with Melody
10-19 Spices Girlfriend Melody in Studio. Bubba plays sex tape audio of Spice and Akira
10-23 Manson Song about Akira and Melody set to Hinder Lips of an Angel (listen here if you have Spotify. Its classic Manson https://open.spotify.com/track/05Gl9XtfBdAU9wzQ75iQPL
10-24-06 Some Spice Melody/Akira Talk
11-06-06 Bubba talks to Akira about Spice
11-15-06 Akira at softball game
Bubba blows up at jugghead and Hammel

On my god...thank you! Seeing this list made me let it ride in my pants.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

listen here, motherfucker

Hadn't checked the thread in a few days; sad news. Riley was my favorite behind Eric.

The parody I like the most wasn't in that pack. It's, uhhhhh.... Spill the Wine?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Forget wack packers, in five more years I'm expecting an actual member of the show to be dead!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Former Human posted:

Forget wack packers, in five more years I'm expecting an actual member of the show to be dead!

Is that person Robin? Because her cancer is completely gone and the doctor recommended that she never get it checked again.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The Human Crouton posted:

Is that person Robin? Because her cancer is completely gone and the doctor recommended that she never get it checked again.

I got $5 on Robin. Maybe Gary on the outside, but I see Fred lasting for a while until he's hit by a piece of space debris.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I got $5 on Robin. Maybe Gary on the outside, but I see Fred lasting for a while until he's hit by a piece of space debris.

Hey man, SOMETHING is bound to happen during his trip back home during vacation. Gamma rays, rogue traders, aforementioned space debris.... it's crazy out there, no matter how 'close' NASA says Mars is.

Anyway, yeah probably Robin, sadly. And with that will be the end of the show.

EDIT: Hey, question for you all, who's the comedian that's in the studio during this clip? I know what he looks like (I think), and he sort of resembles Michael Kelly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkK39j95ENg

For reference, dude looks like this guy, if the comedian is who I'm thinking of:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 7, 2016

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Greg Fitzsimmons?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

EDIT: Hey, question for you all, who's the comedian that's in the studio during this clip? I know what he looks like (I think), and he sort of resembles Michael Kelly

Pretty sure its Greg FItzsimmons

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Greg Fitzsimmons is pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIf5ONJ3zj8

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thank you all! :glomp: (edit: And thank YOU, prefect for some good, early morning listening!)

Cliche Guevara posted:

LOL it's funny I used to do the same, even with Crackdown. also the Scarface game on the OG xbox.

Also:

https://mcfaddenjr.wordpress.com/20...ard-stern-show/

Talk about a goldmine of a story. It's long though, 30 mins at the most but hang in there.

I've barely started (dude just got to Vermont), but holy poo poo :munch: I was reading some of it last night ,thankful that I didn't have to listen to it (since I was reading in bed), and now I wish it was a youtube video of someone telling the story, since I can't really read at work. :negative:

I mean, c'mon, I spend enough time just posting here.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 7, 2016

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Yesterday's goofing on Scott Salem was on loving point :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Made (at least isolated) something for you guys.

Here in mah butt!

FYI: It's from his appearance on 2008-12-04.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 7, 2016

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Mark's Friggin may be going offline

http://www.marksfriggin.com/smfdc16.htm

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bonzo posted:

Mark's Friggin may be going offline

http://www.marksfriggin.com/smfdc16.htm

I saw that yesterday and I am trying to figure out on what planet that site has $1500 a month bandwidth bills.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Djarum posted:

I saw that yesterday and I am trying to figure out on what planet that site has $1500 a month bandwidth bills.

I think the $1500 a month is what he lives off of. I don't think he understands that he could write a summary of the show at night or on his own time and hold down a 9-5 job. Are people clamoring for a write up of the show in near real time?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Djarum posted:

And for a site that is 95% text. I worked in web hosting for 8 years and that figure is way off.

musclecoder posted:

I think the $1500 a month is what he lives off of. I don't think he understands that he could write a summary of the show at night or on his own time and hold down a 9-5 job. Are people clamoring for a write up of the show in near real time?

I think he updates the show in real time but yeah... I agree.

I'm betting he used to make quite a bit of money off ads but that's gone down over the years. He also says that he's thinking about setting up Patreon but if you click the link it's already up and running. https://www.patreon.com/marksfriggin?ty=h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

And for a site that is 95% text. I worked in web hosting for 8 years and that figure is way off.

What's up, former web-hosting buddy? :hfive: Yeah, there's NO way that the hosting charges are $1500/month. I do all of my stuff through Dreamhost, and it's ~$100/year, unlimited bandwidth.