Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need to start purging all the jerks on my mutual follows that don't have SBs I want anymore so if any of you are in this list let me know so I don't cut any goons off of my SS2:

Wolf (Fist of the Dawn)
Hammer (Blasting Zone)
Rutabega (Blasting Zone)
Rixster (Wishing Star)
Sleepy (Jecht Shot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I really could have used that FFIX sword in the original Beginner's Choice list since thats the only realm left for me that sucks for physical synergy. I have no idea what to pick from that list now that we got a free gun for New Years

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

ETB posted:

Anyone else pulling on the FFIV banner? I'm kinda hoping for Rosa's bow so I can make Pecil a viable, tanky WHM.

Wait, what FFIV banner? I'm assuming the next event's FFIV based? And will it have Rydia's MC as an option? Now, I know it's available as a Burmecia or a Gapra Whitewood Elite reward, but then again a fair amount of MCs as core elite rewards were handed out in events, no?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
So yeah, the boss rush next event is White Dragon, Dark Bahamut, and Opongo in that order (HP drastically scaled down, but still)

If it wasn't for the fact that after this event FF4 drops off the face of the earth for about 4 months, I'd be tempted to go all-out for RS weaponry.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Edge and Rosa are cool so im pulling for this anyway. Also Kain spear looks useful, even if its for Kain.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

widespread posted:

Wait, what FFIV banner? I'm assuming the next event's FFIV based? And will it have Rydia's MC as an option? Now, I know it's available as a Burmecia or a Gapra Whitewood Elite reward, but then again a fair amount of MCs as core elite rewards were handed out in events, no?

Next event is FFIV and has Edge, Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Decil, and Golbez plus their respective MCs and Decil's MC2 yeah. The banners have new SBs for all of them.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

EGSunBro posted:

Next event is FFIV and has Edge, Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Decil, and Golbez plus their respective MCs and Decil's MC2 yeah. The banners have new SBs for all of them.

Welp, guess I'mma pull on FFIV a lot then. I mean, I think I've a slight amount of synergy with IV but... a little more can't hurt.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hell yeah! After quite a lot of S/Ls, Ultimate Yunalesca is down. This is the first time I've knocked out current hardest content so I'm pretty stoked. Got a cool accessory and some major orbs out of it too.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Hahaha, totally forgot to bring Rikku for the boss rush. Intimidating the first two bosses made it a moot point though, 5 medals lost total so there was still 2 to spare.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I really could have used that FFIX sword in the original Beginner's Choice list since thats the only realm left for me that sucks for physical synergy. I have no idea what to pick from that list now that we got a free gun for New Years

Zidane's double-sword was going to be my choice as well for the realm synergy. Went with Luneth's instead for FFIII synergy since I will never pull more than a 100-gem on a FFIII banner.

Then I got lucky and got that exact Zidane sword on Phase 3 of SSB fest.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Benthalus posted:

Zidane's double-sword was going to be my choice as well for the realm synergy. Went with Luneth's instead for FFIII synergy since I will never pull more than a 100-gem on a FFIII banner.

Then I got lucky and got that exact Zidane sword on Phase 3 of SSB fest.

If a III event happens then I'll have to pull for the Tyrfing I suppose, since all the 3* III I've accumulated were throwing weapons and fists and other non-swords.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

You can do the Beginner 11-pull and leave the actual free relic selection for later, right? Where do you go to choose the free relic?

Since I know I'll be doing it eventually and they aren't changing what's in the pull it doesn't hurt me to do the 11-pull now. At least that's my logic.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

IllegallySober posted:

You can do the Beginner 11-pull and leave the actual free relic selection for later, right? Where do you go to choose the free relic?

Since I know I'll be doing it eventually and they aren't changing what's in the pull it doesn't hurt me to do the 11-pull now. At least that's my logic.

Correct. After you do the 11-pull, you can back out and the banner will stay on the Relic Draw page. When you click on it you get presented with the list of selectable relics. You can still back out and decide later; once you choose one the banner disappears.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Schwartzcough posted:

Correct. After you do the 11-pull, you can back out and the banner will stay on the Relic Draw page. When you click on it you get presented with the list of selectable relics. You can still back out and decide later; once you choose one the banner disappears.

Might as well pull then!

loving game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I've played this game less than a month and I think this gacha machine is like in my top 10 all time of most frustrating things in video games :D

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Edge/Rosa event confirmed for tomorrow.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
poo poo, I completely forgot to bring Yuna along on the Yunalesca fight!

....and it didn't matter. Advantaliating with Auron + his katana made it a joke, 1st try with no S/L's. Literally all she did in phase 2 and 3 was Osmose over and over, which might have killed my Full Break and other stuff but I had plenty of Double Cuts and Tempo Flurry to keep hacking away at her.

Edge/Rosa event is going to suck though. I do have a Wind Spear I can give to Gilgamesh but I still would rather have a good sword. The best weapon Cloud can equip is a 3++ Dancing Dagger, which at level 80 is only more powerful by a few points than 65 Gilgamesh with Wind Spear.

Also I didn't know Decil's RM3 was +20% damage with swords, so it's the same boost as Dragoon's Determination but without the Sap. Too bad I only have him at 50 now because I didn't get his MC1 the first time... and he's the only character requirement for bonus battles... guess he's getting a bunch of eggs stuffed down his throat

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I got two mythgraven blades, heh.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I had a day off work today since my son's daycare was closed and I got through a good amount of story dungeons which I'm way behind on (only have 83 stam). If I had like a month off I could actually maybe get caught up instead of just getting stuck in the endless cycle of doing only events and important dailies for hones. I don't think I'd done a story dungeon since before thanksgiving.

On the bright side, thanks to two orb fests, lucky draws, and Sunday +exp, I have a ton more variety of characters leveled to 50+, more gear, and more abilites honed so I can basically autoattack through where I'm at now.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Dragoon's Determination is better below the soft ATK cap since it raises Attack by 20%, while Decil's RM3 raises damage by 20%. Attack raises damage more than a 1:1 ratio.

The only times where Decil's is straight-up better is if you're planning on using Advance or you're stacking a lot of +ATK buffs. Past the soft-cap ATK raises damage less, but straight up +damage RMs still apply their full bonus.

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Shock Trooper posted:

Also I didn't know Decil's RM3 was +20% damage with swords, so it's the same boost as Dragoon's Determination but without the Sap. Too bad I only have him at 50 now because I didn't get his MC1 the first time... and he's the only character requirement for bonus battles... guess he's getting a bunch of eggs stuffed down his throat

DD is twice as much iiuc, as it boosts atk while D. Cecil's RM3 is for damage. Might be a worthwhile sub for Self-Sacrifice, though that also buffs defenses.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

I got two mythgraven blades, heh.

Hey there Mythgraven, buddy :hfive: I made mine a +. At the time I had a Dark Sword, Wind Spear, and Dancing Dagger++. Since it was my highest ATK sword, I added all my Rosetta Stones to augment it to 11/15.

I then pulled a Lustrous Sword.

Bring on the FFIV content!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't have any really good FFIV weapons so I'm definitely gonna pull 11 on the banner tomorrow. If I have bad luck I'm gonna cry.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I have Ice Whip and Rune Axe, which are both weapons with good stats but in categories that not a whole lot of characters can use. I guess Gilgamesh can use the Rune Axe for Tauntaliate/Advantaliate if those are viable strategies for any of the bonus battles.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I just have Rune Axe, but I do have a dancing dagger and a lillith rod++ so that's nice at least. Golbez, Tellah, and both Cecils are all over 50, Rydia is at 50 since I don't have her MC yet, so I have a a decent range of characters to work with plus obviously Edge and Rosa coming in.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kawalimus posted:

I've played this game less than a month and I think this gacha machine is like in my top 10 all time of most frustrating things in video games :D

This gacha is a bountiful, generous thing of beauty compared to the Monster Strike gacha.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

This gacha is a bountiful, generous thing of beauty compared to the Monster Strike gacha.

Or really any gacha where non-top draws are worthless.

A 3*++ weapon with realm synergy will still be useful, while a basic Rare in lots of other gachas are complete fodder no matter how much you pray they weren't.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
What ja spell should I make next? I have waterja at r4... Do I even need any of them?

How hard was ultimate yunalesca?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bioga is probably the most relevant -ja spell at the moment, since all three FFIV bonus rush bosses don't resist it (they'll resist/absorb everything else) and Greater Dark Orbs aren't too much in demand for anything other than maybe Ruinga.

Blizzaja is nice for Rubicante and Barthandelus coming up in the next couple events but Ice orbs are used for Lifesiphon.

Thundaja is nice for Odin and Bart, but Lightning orbs are used for Dismissal/Lifesiphon.

Firaja is nice for Bart, Fire orbs used for Steal Power.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I thought lifesiphon was power/ice/wind?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Huh, yeah it is. Must have gotten them mixed up with Waterga Strike when I was looking at spreadsheets.

Major Lightning Orbs are used for a lot of stuff in the future though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey so I did the bonus quest and got Edward but I...don't seem to have Edward? He isn't anywhere in my character list. I can't imagine this is normal.

Edit: Huh, and now he's there just fine. Odd.

Augus fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 7, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think that more than anything is what has kept me sticking with this game for so much longer than other mobile games. The game is good enough about feeding you mythril at a reasonable pace so that it doesn't feel like you have to put a bunch of money into the gacha to progress. You can make almost two draws a week just from the login rewards. Yeah it's frustrating when you drop 50 mythril on a big draw and don't see a single rainbow orb, but 3* and 4* gear can still be useful in the right circumstances and it won't be that much longer until you've got enough to pull again.

The fact that I'm a huge dork about this dumb franchise also helps.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
refining when

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I think that more than anything is what has kept me sticking with this game for so much longer than other mobile games. The game is good enough about feeding you mythril at a reasonable pace so that it doesn't feel like you have to put a bunch of money into the gacha to progress. You can make almost two draws a week just from the login rewards. Yeah it's frustrating when you drop 50 mythril on a big draw and don't see a single rainbow orb, but 3* and 4* gear can still be useful in the right circumstances and it won't be that much longer until you've got enough to pull again.

The fact that I'm a huge dork about this dumb franchise also helps.

This is completely true. While the game still does various freemium mobile game bullshit, it is actually completely viable to play without ever spending a dime, without feeling like you're getting hosed. This is the omly mobile game of the sort I've ever managed to tolerate, let alone actually like. The lovely 0/11 draws really aren't that terrible (unless you spend actual money on them), when you consider all the ways the game is actually good and well designed:

- You get Mythril at a steady and rewarding pace from events, dailies and dungeons.
- Combining equipment helps to allievate the lack of natural 5* gear.
- Hones are arguably more important overall, and you get all the honing material from free dailies, events.
- S/L exists. This is huge. Most other games would force you to spend money or mythril to get that second try.
- The difficulty curve is good, with content for all levels of players being frequently added via events and dungeons.

The only thing that really irks me is the usual stamina based methods of hooking the player to login frequently, but other than that the game is surprisingly not evil for a mobile game.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is SL

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Save/Load. If a round is going poorly, if you kill the Record Keeper program before everyone is dead, you get to restart the fight. It's extremely helpful for high stamina cost fights.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Save/Load, though it's more like Close and Reload.

Basically, if a fight goes bad, you can close the game while still on the battle screen. If you then open the game again, it'll inform you that you're still a fight, and do you want to continue? If you do so, it'll reset the fight back to the start. Basically everything will be the same as it was when the round started. Let's you reset fights that start to go bad, and give them more attempts without spending stamina, mythril or money.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Save/Reload is legit because the medal system is stupid and many fights you can basically fail getting champion if they go first and ubernuke you.

Seriously gently caress committee.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

Save/Reload is legit because the medal system is stupid and many fights you can basically fail getting champion if they go first and ubernuke you.

Seriously gently caress committee.

Yeah, imagine how much worse the game would actually be if they patched it out.

• Locked thread