Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Zoness posted:

Errata'd to instant

I want to report this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Zoness posted:

Errata'd to instant

Whoa look out its the joke police

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

If this guy was trying to arouse suspicion that this is fake he did a good job by taking a tiny photo from really far away.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 6, 2016

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Can you have devotion to colorless? Does nykthos interact meaningfully with jank eldrazi stuff?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Where's the letter telling the Judge he or she was banned? That photo is obviously fake.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That's nice. $1,000 bucks in the mail.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

That's nice. $1,000 bucks in the mail.

You would have to pay L3 judges more than $1,000 to actually compensate them at even a minimum wage level for doing what is in all real respects a job.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

You would have to pay L3 judges more than $1,000 to actually compensate them at even a minimum wage level for doing what is in all real respects a job.

I'm not saying they are well paid but it's still nice to get that in the mail.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

If this guy was trying to arouse suspicion that this is fake he did a good job by taking a tiny photo from really far away.

RIPs that dudes DCI account

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Today I learned Mana Drain isn't on the reserved list.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lol

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

thats the wotc equivalent of finding a severed horse head in your bed

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Ciprian Maricon posted:

It's retweeted from the Judge Network Community Manager.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I thought they stopped doing judge foils?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Angry Grimace posted:

It's retweeted from the Judge Network Community Manager.

RIPs that dudes DCI account too then

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sickening posted:

What else would you do judging for?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Ramos posted:

The betterment of the community.

:negative:

:shepicide:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ramos posted:

The kindness of a stupid heart.

Or

The logical end step of pedantic rules lawyering

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Sickening posted:

They stopped making them the key compensation, so you don't automatically get them for doing GPs anymore.

Judge Foils are still given for participation in some Judge conferences, and as recognition in the exemplar program. It's a weird and silly system.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sickening posted:

No, they just changed a bunch of them to some sort of exemplar program where you have to get a pat on the back from a higher level judge to get certain foils.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

Whoever decided flashback drafts shouldnt have swiss options should be shot. Like, why do you expect people to play formats they don't know, and that won't be around for more than a week, when they might only get to play a single game of them for 10$?

Fun fact: Most of MTGO design decisions are a result of upper management making bets about what ridiculous things people will be willing to pay for

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

No, they just changed a bunch of them to some sort of exemplar program where you have to get a pat on the back from a higher level judge to get certain foils.

You have to get a pat on the back from several Judges of L2+ which is amusing considering for example there is only one single L2 in all of West Virginia, I think there are entire countries without L2's lmao

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Angry Grimace posted:

As if judges needed more reasons to kiss each others asses. :c00l:

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Gensuki posted:

Can you have devotion to colorless? Does nykthos interact meaningfully with jank eldrazi stuff?
Not as the rules are currently defined, but in principle WotC could print a card with devotion to colourless given the new symbol. Nykthos says "choose a colour", and by definition colourless is not a colour, so it doesn't work.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Skyl3lazer posted:

Whoever decided flashback drafts shouldnt have swiss options should be shot. Like, why do you expect people to play formats they don't know, and that won't be around for more than a week, when they might only get to play a single game of them for 10$?

It's real cards (well as real as MTGO objects are) for the price of a phantom draft. They likely didn't consider it all that likely some of these formats would fire - there's no financial reason for them to not let you have Swiss drafts.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Molybdenum posted:

Toughness 1 OR LESS?

what is going on here

Edit: I guess this exiles little girl

It's smoother and reads better than having it say "power 1 or less, or toughness 1".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I would really like to see them print a 0 toughness creature that actually can't be destroyed as a state-based action

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I wouldn't because that would be dumb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

0 and 1 are the same number anyway

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Saw this on tumblr. Cute.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Serperoth posted:

This card is worthless, but it is amazing and I love it so much. I want this art framed on a wall.

Just noticed the scale human. This card owns. I want 50.

Gensuki fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 7, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Serperoth posted:

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

I'm glad they decided not to push Manacrab. That point of power would have made him unbearable.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Losing one power may make it marginally worse as a card, but it also makes it infinitely cuter

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Serperoth posted:

Very high draft pick.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
OGW draft is going to be 7 people fighting over colorless mana producers to enable their bombs and one guy who drafts allies and goes 1-2

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
There may be a lot of bad flavor text now, but I'm so glad we don't have quotes from or art depicting the Weatherlight crew anymore. Gerrard was a bad Commander Riker ripoff anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Literal Hedron Crab.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Angry Grimace posted:

Literal Hedron Crab.

If only the card name was Crab Hedron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Angry Grimace posted:

Literal Hedron Crab.

This must have started development as a 0/2, right? And they just thought the power level way too high to justify the reference?

• Locked thread