Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

commish posted:

I just had an arena fight where the Phasma followed up happened every single time. Every time. Not one miss. How can they say that's 16%? I didn't get a single attack in.

Shhhh. Just buy crystals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Shhhh. Just buy crystals.

I honestly wouldn't be so annoyed by it if the devs didn't say that the AI gets no boost. OF COURSE IT GETS A BOOST. How can you play the game ever and say it's not true?

I'm just glad that there's no material difference between the top 200 or so ranks when it comes to Arena coins.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mooktastical posted:

You are doing great for not being 60 yet. Even though it makes me a hypocrite, I would say to not split GW shipments between Phasma and Lumi. Pick one or the other and just ignore the other until you've gotten your chosen one to 7*.

Counter point. Lum to 5 and then Phasma to 4 vastly increased utility and is only 2 days.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Zotix posted:

What hard modes are you guys farming? I always do Dooku, Fives, Rey, Daka, Aosoka.

JC, Rey, Resistance Trooper, Jedi Guardian (gently caress that Tanks Only mission), and Dooku.

Will farm Daka when I find that mission.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

JC, Rey, Resistance Trooper, Jedi Guardian (gently caress that Tanks Only mission), and Dooku.

Will farm Daka when I find that mission.

Here's the key to tank only. Each hit on the droids resets the shatter timer

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Here's an arena tip in case you guys didn't know it:

When on the arena fight selection screen, you can always fight those 3 users currently on your screen, even if your rank is knocked back before you get a chance to fight them.

For example, just now, I was ranked 21. Someone (who was ranked 30) was fighting me. While he was fighting and beating my squad, I just remained on the fight selection screen with 3 opponents - ranks 13, 18, and 19. I waited a bit for the #30 guy to beat me, and then I challenged the rank #18 guy (don't refresh or you'll only see fights around level 30) even though I was rank #30.

Once I beat #18, I took #18's position. #18 dropped back to #30 (I'm sure he's confused as to how he fell 12 spots in one fight).

This helps maintain your rank during the last few frantic battles right before the end of the day's arena. You can keep climbing the ranks even though you are losing on defense.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

commish posted:

When on the arena fight selection screen, you can always fight those 3 users currently on your screen, even if your rank is knocked back before you get a chance to fight them.

For example, just now, I was ranked 21. Someone (who was ranked 30) was fighting me. While he was fighting and beating my squad, I just remained on the fight selection screen with 3 opponents - ranks 13, 18, and 19. I waited a bit for the #30 guy to beat me, and then I challenged the rank #18 guy (don't refresh or you'll only see fights around level 30) even though I was rank #30.

Once I beat #18, I took #18's position. #18 dropped back to #30 (I'm sure he's confused as to how he fell 12 spots in one fight).

This helps maintain your rank during the last few frantic battles right before the end of the day's arena. You can keep climbing the ranks even though you are losing on defense.

I just came here to post this. I went from 16, which was really 24, to 11. The guy that took my 16 spot finished 6, and I finished #1 again. :smuggo:

Power differences in the top 25 are so slight that basically only your timing in starting battles matters. Also, Barriss lead teams are a free win for me. I <3 the sunk cost fallacy so much.

Hughlander posted:

Counter point. Lum to 5 and then Phasma to 4 vastly increased utility and is only 2 days.

That's fine. You'd still want to do the one, then the other, but it's not a bad idea. My Phasma came as a 4* iirc.

I now have a 6* Lumi and a 5* Phasma, and I'd suck all of the dicks for GW tokens.

Mooktastical fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 7, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I'm confused why no one else is loving Resistance Pilot. He is pretty fast, has insane crits, and with Sid, crits a lot, and he gains meter when he crits, so win-win. He's super good at sniping other high damage targets before they get to do anything.
The highest standard-attack crit I've seen (with Sid lead) so far is 3400, gear level 6 (I think I have one item equipped in there), level 51, 4*.

Str: 244 (+10), AGI 441 (+10), Phys Damage 834, Phys Crit 213, crit damage +150%. He gains 20% turn meter on a crit or evade, and a 50% to expose, 65% foresight on his ability. Hip fire has a 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter as well, which stacks with crit turn meter (so I've seen him attack twice in a row in arena).

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ability mats. It's so annoying how scarce the level 3 ones are. When you need like 30 to do one characters, it's impossible to keep everyone up.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

I'm confused why no one else is loving Resistance Pilot. He is pretty fast, has insane crits, and with Sid, crits a lot, and he gains meter when he crits, so win-win. He's super good at sniping other high damage targets before they get to do anything.
The highest standard-attack crit I've seen (with Sid lead) so far is 3400, gear level 6 (I think I have one item equipped in there), level 51, 4*.

Str: 244 (+10), AGI 441 (+10), Phys Damage 834, Phys Crit 213, crit damage +150%. He gains 20% turn meter on a crit or evade, and a 50% to expose, 65% foresight on his ability. Hip fire has a 55% chance to gain 20% turn meter as well, which stacks with crit turn meter (so I've seen him attack twice in a row in arena).

He's basically in GW B Team zone with Luke for me right now. He just doesn't have enough utility and survivability for me to use him on my main team.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

commish posted:

I just spent 50 Crystals so that I can make top 20 with this today. Wish me luck!

Jibo posted:

He's basically in GW B Team zone with Luke for me right now. He just doesn't have enough utility and survivability for me to use him on my main team.

This makes a lot of sense. Who are you using for high damage in your team?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

This makes a lot of sense. Who are you using for high damage in your team?

I'm only in the 300s currently so my advice may not matter. Currently my damage people are Sid, Lumi, and Dooku. I may drop Dooku for Luke as he's starting to lag behind a bit.

I'm definitely built more towards survival than damage output which I've found has gotten me more consistent wins but the occasional time out. The upside is that I haven't lost ground in PVP in days.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

I just came here to post this. I went from 16, which was really 24, to 11. The guy that took my 16 spot finished 6, and I finished #1 again. :smuggo:

Power differences in the top 25 are so slight that basically only your timing in starting battles matters. Also, Barriss lead teams are a free win for me. I <3 the sunk cost fallacy so much.

Yeah, there's actually not much of a power difference in the top 50 on my server. It comes down to knowing who to attack ( I am learning which guys try to move up the same time I am) and when. I lost the desire to fight for first anymore, though. Too much effort and too unsure a result since everyone can beat everyone else.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

First Order Tie Pilot is amazing.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Does anyone else get wrecked by Reys in Arena? I hover around 300 and sometimes go up against one that gets multiple attacks in and one shkgs half my dudes with her crits.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Deep Winter posted:

Does anyone else get wrecked by Reys in Arena? I hover around 300 and sometimes go up against one that gets multiple attacks in and one shkgs half my dudes with her crits.

She's on my list of kill-first in arena. Fortunately, she doesn't have a ton of HP or high evasion or anything like that. As long as you know you need to kill her fast, she's not that bad.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
Yeah the first time Rey crit my resistance trooper for over 3000 and then came back for a second and third attack I panicked a bit, but after she's used Flurry of Blows she really loses a lot of her punch. I still prioritise Sidious over her to make sure the people that need heals can get them but she's usually up next.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Pimpmust posted:

Unlocked Keycard battles, but it doesn't bloody say on the tin that you have to have *50* energy to start the battle before you use the key.

I'm going to hit 52 tonight/tomorrow...is this not even worth doing?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Malgrin posted:

They are absolutely not worth doing. CG has posted on the official forums that they're going to be replaced with something entirely different in either the next update or the one after.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Malgrin posted:

Aren't there some achievements for doing some of them?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Malgrin posted:

It's really not, just spend the energy farming items you need from the highest tier missions you can and you'll catch up on training droids eventually.

Eddain posted:

Aren't there some achievements for doing some of them?
I think the achievement is for unlocking one of them. Unlock it and don't do it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Since there are quite a few players playing now, and some people have gone off the beaten path I'm going to throw my box up here because I'm looking for some different ideas on where to go next once I get Phasma ability maxed. My Qui Gonn can be promoted to 5* so I'm eyeing that. But I'm not sure if even 5* is viable. Cad will be 6* after the free shards this month.

http://imgur.com/a/XKzQv

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

Since there are quite a few players playing now, and some people have gone off the beaten path I'm going to throw my box up here because I'm looking for some different ideas on where to go next once I get Phasma ability maxed. My Qui Gonn can be promoted to 5* so I'm eyeing that. But I'm not sure if even 5* is viable. Cad will be 6* after the free shards this month.

Why do you not like Cad? He seems like a great Jedi killer to me, and EVERYONE has Lumi on their team, at the very least. But my Cad is only 4 star, and I haven't used him much. Also surprised you don't have Tie Fighter leveled up - you can take his gear to level 8 and he murders people, even at 4*. And you can farm his shards in 3 places, iirc, so it's not like he has to stay at 4 star. Are you taking Daka to 7 star?

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

Fives, Leia, R Trooper, FO Pilot, JC, or Poe.

I included JC because it's awesome to be able to switch in a healer in GW when you took a beating the round before, and they didn't have any meat shields to run out the clock on. The meta is moving further and further towards a high dps/low tank/healer paradigm, so this would pay off long term, imo.

I don't like non-healer Jedi because of how prevalent Sid's are. Dooku's cc is also ridiculous against them, too. If you're already planning on a Jedi based squad, so be it, but I'm not convinced it'll be viable until the next balance update.

Fives is one I've had my eye on for a while. I love his kit and tankiness paired with counter capability. Poe as well is basically the only tank I've considered running on an A team. His taunt before a Phasma aoe would wreck someone. If you got your hands on an Old Ben, you'd be hilariously OP. Only problem, obviously, is that you have to sideline Daka for him.

Leia, R Trooper, and FO pilot all make excellent use of Phasma's leader ability. I'm more than a little jealous that your Leia is 3*. They're all pretty squishy, but it's not that bad when their (FO Pilot and R Trooper, anyway) star ranks get going. Leia can stealth and her multi attacks can one shot people, so I think that somewhat mitigates her obvious flaws.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

kaschei posted:

It's really not, just spend the energy farming items you need from the highest tier missions you can and you'll catch up on training droids eventually.
I think the achievement is for unlocking one of them. Unlock it and don't do it.

THere's a cheevo for both of them, but you just have to use a key card. So do that, and the key cards are free so there's no cost to it, redeem the cheevo and move on with your grind.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Leia is actually 4*, I just don't have the credits to promote everyone. Cad is just hella squishy. I honestly think he's going to get either a speed or HP buff somewhat soon. I'm not sure what gear 7 does for him as you can see but his speed and health are abysmal.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 7, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Oh, you run out of credits because you get characters like three times as fast as me but only get twice as much energy and the same challenges.

If you just max your four GW, Arena, Cantina and Cantina shipment characters as fast as levels and shards come in 1-60 you have credits to spare. Just, you know, one part of your only arena team isn't getting shards except from Hard mode at any given time. It's like they planned it that way or something!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

Leia is actually 4*, I just don't have the credits to promote everyone. Cad is just hella squishy. I honestly think he's going to get either a speed or HP buff somewhat soon. I'm not sure what gear 7 does for him as you can see but his speed and health are abysmal.

Honest question, how much was that so far?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Like $250. Honestly not much compared to some spenders. I've done worse. I'm sure the hearthstone, PAD, and brave Frontier guys have some super whales. I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy. I've put in 30 or so hours over the past month, probably more than that. I'm not going to quit any time soon so I figure it's worth investing in getting a decent team.

I've asked people on the sub reddit how much it's cost them to have multiple premium characters at 7* and I don't get a reply.

I still think if you aren't spending money you are going to be strapped for credits. As you star up more and more characters, it's a gently caress load of credits. It's what 3-4m credits to take a 1* level 1 to 7* level 60? That doesn't factor in ability training costs, or equipment crafting costs. You get like 600k from GW and maybe an extra 250k on training droid day.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 7, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Zotix posted:

Like $250. Honestly not much. I've done worse. I'm sure the hearthstone, PAD, and brave Frontier guys have some super whales. I don't mind spending money on things I enjoy. I've put in 30 or so hours over the past month, probably more than that. I'm not going to quit any time soon so I figure it's worth investing in getting a decent team.

Just curious not judging. My problem is I picked a Leia at two stars but have no idea on average what it wou,d cost to get the cards to make her worthwhile. Like I see 7 star qui gon and think "Is that 500 or 5000?"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I thought it was like closer to several thousand, but realistically it's probably like 1000-1500. Depending on your luck pulling of course. The thing is Leia and qui gonn are natural 2*. I think they are more common than natural 4*. There is a small study in the cantina articles that I didn't look at before replying, so I might be wrong. As you can see I don't have Old Ben, or Lando, and I'm sure some others. But I've accumulated enough shards to get Qui Gonn and Leia, multiple levels.

The thing is its a bitch to get the rare guys at first because they are like 80 shards. But you can probably star them up easier over time because at that point you can just pull shards instead of having to snag the full character again.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't get why are they rising the level cap so soon after launch. I hoped I'd have time to level and gear up other characters and actually have a few to choose from after I hit 60 but nope, gotta save everything for the main squad for the grind to 70...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Are y'all having connection issues? Especially when I try to retreat my game locks up and I have to force close.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I can get to be the third ranked guy in the Arena, yet in galactic war I can't even get to the second last fight. What the gently caress! My teams a and b just get wrecked by like a full purple 60s team as the third final fight. This has been going on for like six days now.

I seem to always pull some god tier team and can't do anything to stop it.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hizawk posted:

I can get to be the third ranked guy in the Arena, yet in galactic war I can't even get to the second last fight. What the gently caress! My teams a and b just get wrecked by like a full purple 60s team as the third final fight. This has been going on for like six days now.

Force close and restart the match when that happens

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mooktastical posted:

Force close and restart the match when that happens

Does doing that mean you get to fight someone else? Or just resets the encounter?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hizawk posted:

Use the A-team to blick their deeps and retreat, if someone dies or a roll doesn't go your way, force close and try again. Once the deeps goes down, your B team will probably be able to get another kill before the enemy gets it's rounds (or at least seriously hurt someone), so drop it and retreat, get your A-team back in and charge skills on your way to the next fight.

You probably know and tried all of this. Sorry for your luck, man.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Does doing that mean you get to fight someone else? Or just resets the encounter?

It just resets the encounter, like you never entered the battle. This really helps if Palpatine dodges your Lumi super, because that fucker needs to DIE, and that not landing is catastrophic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Chilichimp posted:

Use the A-team to blick their deeps and retreat, if someone dies or a roll doesn't go your way, force close and try again. Once the deeps goes down, your B team will probably be able to get another kill before the enemy gets it's rounds (or at least seriously hurt someone), so drop it and retreat, get your A-team back in and charge skills on your way to the next fight.

You probably know and tried all of this. Sorry for your luck, man.

I've never cheesed or retreated ever!

I never knew you could! So, I just blast someone down and retreat and the dude stays dead?!

• Locked thread