Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

If there were to be a Week of Molyneux, on the other hand...

This is actually a way better idea, and there's tons of fodder for great, dumb videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
fable 1 is really really funny

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

If there were to be a Week of Molyneux, on the other hand...

Week of Woolie 2.0

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like a Fable 1 lp would be the best friends doing a lot of bad British accents

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like a Fable 1 lp would be the best friends doing a lot of bad British accents

I'll allow it.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Oxyclean posted:

That's literally all Pat knows how to do so it's fine. Spanish guy on screen? Start off vaguely racist Mexican but then almost immediately morph into bad British for some reason. Russian? Talk about his friend Yuri in a bad British accent. American south? "I'm gettin' the vapors, guvnah"

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Pat, the Man of a Thousand Voices and a Million Neuroses.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Oh man, Spider-Man chat in the new (YouTube) FFX video too. If it wasn't for Vessel I'd say this is a huge rear end coincidence.

Yo Matt, if either you or Woolie are still nostalgic for all the clone/symbiote stuff you should check out the most recent Scarlet Spider run. It basically takes Kaine and a bunch of other dumb Spider-Man characters/concepts and makes them legitimately cool. The best comparison I can think of is like what the new Mortal Kombat games did for Quan Chi, Tanya, etc;

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo Matt, Volume #98765: you probably already know about this, seeing as you like both licensed garbage and weird second-string partner games to big console releases, but you should totally check out Spiderman Web of Shadows for DS - it's by the same team that made Shinobi 3DS and Volgarr the Viking and it's a 2.5D metroidvania with DMC-inspired combat, years before Guacamelee. (The same studio also did Shattered Dimensions DS which I haven't played but I gather it's pretty much the same thing.)

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Dude, I've played all the Spider-Man DS games, and alot of them are indeed really good! They also did a great Wolverine game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Edge of Time DS just like Edge of Time console was a gigantic disappointment though

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Thinking about how mangled and poo poo Spider-Man is now makes me Woolie vs Reboot levels of angry sad saltiness.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Eh, to be fair. I think out of all super heroes, Spider-Man has the least bad games to his credit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Eh, to be fair. I think out of all super heroes, Spider-Man has the least bad games to his credit.

You're not wrong, but everyone's still waiting for a complete package spider-man game like the one you proposed frankensteined out of the good parts of various titles and like how Arkham Asylum was for Batman

The attempts over the years have nailed one or two parts of the experience but there's never been a totally on point Spider-Man game

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

You're not wrong, but everyone's still waiting for a complete package spider-man game like the one you proposed frankensteined out of the good parts of various titles and like how Arkham Asylum was for Batman

The attempts over the years have nailed one or two parts of the experience but there's never been a totally on point Spider-Man game

I totally agree.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Looking at the most recent Friendcast I'm quite surprised that Naruto isn't being locked far away in the backs of your minds...
Now discussions of how bad Dragon Ball Super (and/or Toei animation in general) are... :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We are just weeks away from Woolie and Pat doing a Naruto spoilercast of the manga I'm sure. Guest Starring Billy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

Looking at the most recent Friendcast I'm quite surprised that Naruto isn't being locked far away in the backs of your minds...
Now discussions of how bad Dragon Ball Super (and/or Toei animation in general) are... :allears:

I saw a clip of Super and my god how did they manage to make something that looks so much uglier than Dragon Ball Z in TYOOL 2015.

Didn't help that the scene was super cliché garbage.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I saw a clip of Super and my god how did they manage to make something that looks so much uglier than Dragon Ball Z in TYOOL 2015.

Didn't help that the scene was super cliché garbage.

Toei Animation is a bad studio and you should always hope and pray none of your favorite mangas get adapted into a Toei series because loving woof.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh I dunno, they did the adaptation of Lovely Complex, Mononoke, Kyousogiga, the various Digimon series, Zatch Bell, and...and...oh dear

oh, oh dear

they've made like 500 different series and only a couple dozen MAYBE are any good...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man episode 16 of FFX was boring. I can't believe they only had three enemies in that entire stretch of walking.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The audio desync in FFX is getting worse too. It's a good few seconds behind now.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Did Woolie edit FFX? I feel like Woolie edited FFX. I think Woolie edits a big timeline all at once, since whatever problems he has in editing seems to get worse as the batch goes on. Audio desync is the most common, but then you get stuff like Bloodborne which ends up having about a second of the previous video's fade-out before the intro.

I know it's for the purposes of time, but yeesh. Pay cuts for Wools, raises for Zach! I'm kidding, raises for Woolie so he can buy all the Naruto so he can topple Liam as King Anime.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Someone probably moved the narration track by accident while doing cuts, and with every cut the audio got more delayed. But since most of the commentary is unrelated to the action on the screen, a quick check to see if everything was okay probably missed it. I dunno how they do sync tests for this type of thing, probably just counting down from a loaded save/console startup.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The random battles should be the sync tests.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Woolie think it's because of saving. FFX does not use it's own saving UI, and instead uses the PS4's default save system, if you'll notice. Woolie thinks everytime we save, it desyncs the game.

The latest session of FFX we recorded we think we found a solution, so starting from part 19, it should be fixed then? I hope.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
The marking out over the T.K.O. was fantastic. Perfect way to end the video.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie think it's because of saving. FFX does not use it's own saving UI, and instead uses the PS4's default save system, if you'll notice. Woolie thinks everytime we save, it desyncs the game.

The latest session of FFX we recorded we think we found a solution, so starting from part 19, it should be fixed then? I hope.

do you guys not watch the videos before uploading them? or at least scrub around them? play fable 1

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I tend to have this stuff playing on my second monitor, so I don't always notice minor desync because I'm mostly just listening, but one of the old blood videos had some really bad desync. Like, shoot nazi and hear the gunshot a good second or so later, it was towards the end of the video iirc, so it might have been something that started off small.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Woolie experiencing disillusionment over Onizuka is strong

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Woolie experiencing disillusionment over Onizuka is strong

Wait what

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Wait what

Naruto episode 2 has him relating his attempts to show GTO to the gf

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lmao

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I feel bad that no one wants to do DKC2 with Matt

Also Liam is super wrong DKC2 is like the best platformer on the SNES

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

DKC2 is like the best platformer on the SNES

- Abdul Alhazred

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

I love DKC games but even I'm not that delusional.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
DKC2 is in no way the best SNES platformer but it is the best DKC game

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I'm sorry maybe you've heard about a little something called Super Mario World, you loving heathen

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please, no one post what the best platformer on the SNES is, wouldn't want people to have context or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Please, no one post what the best platformer on the SNES is, wouldn't want people to have context or anything.

here's a hint it's loving super mario world