Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Allarion posted:

Hmm, guy in front of me playing juice on class computer. I'm heavily amused

You should offer to Juice with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Knorth posted:

Thanks for the robot recommendations, everyone! I'll grab a few episodes and try them out some time :)

robot rec

hunt the robot

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

i recommend watching some gundam

good gundams to watch:

g gundam
turn-a gundam
overman king gainer
yea ive seen g gundam my fists are burning red

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Davincie posted:

robot rec

hunt the robot

That poor robot :ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

launch iscool

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

... Go on.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

launch iscool

she's the best.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieQSiDnOhzY

unrelated, parker's the best character in resident evil revelations multiplayer because of being able to spam "I'm buying you lunch!" over and over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytE54PHulY

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

... Go on.

the girl with the green tint is the size of your hand

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Davincie posted:

robot rec

hunt the robot

What's that from?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

What's that from?

Space Batteship Yamato 2199

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

episode 9 to be exact

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Yamato's a good show

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'd hate to agree with boom, but he's not wrong

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

she's the best.

ya she cool

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some bad posts in the Phantom World thread. guess i can't share my thoughts on the ep in there anyway

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 7, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

good

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i didn't think i'd be this excited about tue winter season shows but dang, here we are. not that today's premieres were groundbreaking amazing AOTY '16 candidates, but they were entertaining and really got me in a good mood. i only wish everything was premiering this week, so i could get a sense for more stuff without waiting

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, huh.

This March, Makoto Shinkai's first short She and Her Cat, is inspiring an anime...that is a series of shorts. And also not directed by him.

quote:

Kana Hanazawa will play the girl, and Shintarō Asanuma will play the black cat. The anime will portray the life of the girl, a junior college student job hunting while living alone with her pet black cat.

Kazuya Sakamoto (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Clannad, Hyōka episode director) will direct the anime at LIDEN FILMS, while Naruki Nagakawa will pen the scripts. Senbon Umishima is designing the characters, and will also serve as chief animation director.

Shinkai (Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters Per Second, The Garden of Words) released his original She and Her Cat five-minute short anime independently in 1999. Shinkai voiced the cat while his wife (then girlfriend) Mika Shinohara voiced the girl. Shinkai produced and animated the short alone, and his longtime collaborator Tenmon composed the music. The short won the grand prize at the 12th DoGA CG Animation Contest in 2000. ADV Films' 2003 DVD release of Shinkai's Voices of a Distant Star includes the short.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-06/makoto-shinkai-she-and-her-cat-short-gets-tv-anime-in-march/.97256

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is not the season thread!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

This is not the season thread!

It's cool, anime chat accepts all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

adult KiKi's Delivery service sounds cool, and the people attached have all done good stuff. animation studio seems okay, for however much that actually matters

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also, Watashi is voicing the cat!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Davincie posted:

i'd hate to agree with boom, but he's not wrong
We all need to breath oxygen sometimes.

dogsicle posted:

some bad posts in the Phantom World thread. guess i can't share my thoughts on the ep in there anyway
You can post them here, or in the seasonal thread, or in In Training's Kyoani thread, or in a future thread someone might make after a few episodes have gone by and it picks up or something.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

We all need to breath oxygen sometimes.
You can post them here, or in the seasonal thread, or in In Training's Kyoani thread, or in a future thread someone might make after a few episodes have gone by and it picks up or something.

i did! but yeah, depending on how Haruchika/Myriad Colors shake out, i would consider making a (positive) thread for one if they stay on par or improve from their premieres.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was going to watch Haruchika and Prince of Stride tonight and start gathering a few character pictures or something for a Dimension W thread but I'm feeling lazy and tired and instead of doing all that, I read some old manga and now I'm gonna play Skyrim a little then go to bed early.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if Ojisan could actually hold up a thread on its own, heck i'd pre-commit to that though

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

whoa, five new helck chapters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

if Ojisan could actually hold up a thread on its own, heck i'd pre-commit to that though

What about a thread for this season's shorts? Or at least the good ones.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

dogsicle posted:

adult KiKi's Delivery service sounds cool, and the people attached have all done good stuff. animation studio seems okay, for however much that actually matters

Have you seen She and Her Cat? It's good (and only 5 minutes long). I ask, because it's not very Kiki's-like.

Watch it! It's good (and not on youtube)

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1082692RS8xT7yB

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I hope Hulu is still getting Funi's shows, because I don't really want to sign up for a Funi subscription again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

impressive

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3: That game is cute and good

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022