Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Black Baby Goku posted:

claim it anonymously

You can't do this with most lotteries. The lottery wants to put a face behind the winner, to encourage other people to spend money buying lotto tickets. If every winner was just 'anon' then people might wonder if it was a sham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I would take the time, get a lawyer and all that jazz and claim it the safe way. Then I would disappear traveling for the next ten years.

I would also like to bring along company :heysexy:

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:

VendaGoat posted:

I would take the time, get a lawyer and all that jazz and claim it the safe way. Then I would disappear from being kidnapped and killed for money.

I would also like to bring along company :heysexy:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Panfilo posted:

You can't do this with most lotteries. The lottery wants to put a face behind the winner, to encourage other people to spend money buying lotto tickets. If every winner was just 'anon' then people might wonder if it was a sham.
i'd change my face

by getting REAL fat. even if someone did recognize me, good luck kidnapping my fat, bedridden rear end!

:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Some states allow you to claim it anonymously but they also don't really protect your info. In a sense the organizations give you a head start to get the gently caress out of dodge after claiming your money.

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol
I bought the winning ticket! It only cost me $2, suckers.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
While all you suckers were lined up to buy Powerball, I went all in on MegaMillions. Being the only guy playing it this week, I feel essentially entitled to a win.

Next time you're watching a travel show to escape the squalor of your life, look for me on the deck of a yacht in the background.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
The UK lottery (tax free winnings!) is currently at a record jackpot of £50m. A few months ago they made the odds harder by increasing the numbers from 1-49 to 1-59 (you have to match 6 out of 6 to win).

I rarely play, but I occasionally think about what a life changing jackpot would be. I honestly think that I would continue working if I ever won - I enjoy my job, and its pretty central to my life and is where lots of my friends are. I don't have a wife or kids, so I don't know other options there would be - I'm pretty bad at traveling on my own, and I don't fancy retreating to some tropical villa.

Would £1million ($1.5m) be "life changing"?
Probably not. It's enough to buy a nice apartment in London (where I live) or a house outside of it. Then you could live comfortably rent free, but it's hardly a complete change. Hell, the house I currently rent (3 bedroom, terraced, no front or back yard) is worth approx £1.2m.

£10million?
Now we're talking... but again in London it would easy to splurge this on a plush apartment, a nice car, and then use the rest of my (now disposable) income to fund exotic holidays/partying.

£50million?
Now we're getting in to "I can't comprehend this money" territory...

Ewan fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 7, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5MqxcKdV8

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
POWERBALL HYPE!!!!!!

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
If this rolls, and currently expectations have a ~40% chance of a win tonight, Saturday is expected to have a annuity of ~$700M and a bit over half of all possible combinations bought.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

If this rolls, and currently expectations have a ~40% chance of a win tonight, Saturday is expected to have a annuity of ~$700M and a bit over half of all possible combinations bought.

Sacrifice your 2 dollars upon the alter of opulence.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

This is why if you win the lottery you never let anyone know it was you who won it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sacrificing $208 for a >0% chance of retiring early isn't a bad deal.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I would bring in a harem of women from the orient and open my own private McDonald's, Krispy Kreme and kfc franchises in my compound to have never ending fulfillment for my feeder fetish.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I would bring in a harem of women from the orient and open my own private McDonald's, Krispy Kreme and kfc franchises in my compound to have never ending fulfillment for my feeder fetish.

Fat Asians as far as the eye can see?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I win, everyone is invited over for a free beer.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Bought my ticket. When I win I want to organize the great Goon meet/orgy of 2016. Paid trip to destination of everyone's choice. It's gonna be pretty sweet and gross.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Fat Asians as far as the eye can see?

My cock throbs with excitement at the very thought

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I didn't win. And I already spent all the money on credit cause I was sure I was going to win this time!!

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

I didn't win. And I already spent all the money on credit cause I was sure I was going to win this time!!

same

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:
I bought the lotto ticket on credit because I was sure I was gonna win at least 2bux. Looks like I'll be avoiding work all week.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The bad news: I spent all the money on platinums for my alt accounts.

The good news: Lowtax can keep doing drugs and running these gay forums until the year 3477

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FWP:
The local mart only takes cash and I only have $100 bill. They won't take it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
id probably just quit working and buy a really nice computer and stick the rest in a mutual fund and play video games and smoke weed a lot

I don't need to change poo poo up and buy houses and crap I just finished moving into this apartment and I just got a new car so I'm okay

I just loving don't want to wake up at 7:15 anymore

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

No one won and the jackpot is now $675 million. This will be a total shitshow, gl Goons.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i hope some billionaire buys a ticket on a lark and wins and takes it all and the poor masses just rip them to shreds

on live TV

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looks like fortune smiled upon me. There were no winners because I didn't play.
:smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
$675,000,000 est. cash $413,100,000

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

MrChupon posted:

No one won and the jackpot is now $675 million. This will be a total shitshow, gl Goons.

whens the next drawing?

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Microwaves Mom posted:

whens the next drawing?

Saturday 10:59 PM EST

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

VR Native American posted:

Saturday 10:59 PM EST

Guess I'll hit up 7/11 tomorrow.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

*Bought ticket as gag, wins everything. Is already quite wealthy and doesn't even need money*

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm gonna put the karma out there. If I win I'm going to give half of the winnings to charity. Someone think of some good ones for me. Need about 4 or 5.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

the human fund x5

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna put the karma out there. If I win I'm going to give half of the winnings to charity. Someone think of some good ones for me. Need about 4 or 5.

Step 1: open a charity
Step 2: get money
Step 3: only use 10% towards charity work
Step 4: profit

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Clockwerk posted:

the human fund x5

money for people

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I too know the javascript console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

so did this guy http://nypost.com/2015/07/20/lottery-worker-rigged-system-to-win-14-million-jackpot/

• Locked thread