Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

the rules for this running sport in this animation based off of an otome game seems kind of weird and needlessly complex

It's anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

like if you can trust your teammate to reach you, there's no reason to not milk as much of an advantage as you can and run up to the zone edge before tapping

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dogsicle posted:

you lose speed. Nana brought up how that school's Stride club was one of the only ones to do Relations at full speed, which basically set up the same thing happening with Riku and the other guy.

I don't really see how they're losing speed if the tagged out is now out of the race unless it's something where both of them have to finish?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dogsicle posted:

like if you can trust your teammate to reach you, there's no reason to not milk as much of an advantage as you can and run up to the zone edge before tapping

but your partner still has to catch up to you to that point so why not just entrust them to run their part

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pandaK posted:

the rules for this running sport in this animation based off of an otome game seems kind of weird and needlessly complex

that's one of like, two rules so far. i think it's pretty simple

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

poor piuy

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

like yeah i see in real life relays the tag in will start running before they have the baton, but that's more of a means to gain a head start. but it doesn't make sense here because the tag ins started off behind the ones already running and they were the ones who had to catch up. why not just tag them in as soon as possible so they can get to running?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I think I'm going to stop watching One Punch Man, I watched 2 episodes today and I'm liking it less as I go along :( It's still really flashy visually and Genos is still a precious robot boy I would like to hug but it's draaaaaging on a bit

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

what's the bird manga sharky

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pandaK posted:

but your partner still has to catch up to you to that point so why not just entrust them to run their part

i would think it's just better to have uninterrupted momentum, and get your partner going fast before you tap out and are done. i mean obviously the team that slows down at all is at a disadvantage if the other team can tap out while going full speed

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

pandaK posted:

The complex rules of "it's a normal relay race with parkour" and "run on an obstacle course".

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Knorth posted:

I think I'm going to stop watching One Punch Man, I watched 2 episodes today and I'm liking it less as I go along :( It's still really flashy visually and Genos is still a precious robot boy I would like to hug but it's draaaaaging on a bit
What episode are you on?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pandaK posted:

like yeah i see in real life relays the tag in will start running before they have the baton, but that's more of a means to gain a head start. but it doesn't make sense here because the tag ins started off behind the ones already running and they were the ones who had to catch up. why not just tag them in as soon as possible so they can get to running?

like in what way did haru from free benefit yosuke by running up to the red line instead of just slowing down himself to tag in yosuke? it's not like him slowing down would slow yosuke down.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Admoon posted:

Helck, the current chat thread darling.

It's quite good.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

pandaK posted:

So now there are multiple races going on, it's exciting!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my brain is melting now actually

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Bad Seafood posted:

What episode are you on?

A few minutes into nine

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Helck, the current chat thread darling.

It's quite good.

oh wtf really? i read the synopsis of helck and just thought this bird thing he's been posting is completely unrelated

lmao

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

final answer: it's cool when they both run

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Huh, MegaBox is doing some Yowamushi Pedal thing.

YOWAMUSHI PEDAL ALL NIGHT
279 minutes (4 hours 39 minutes)
Reride + Reroad + The Movie

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dogsicle posted:

i would think it's just better to have uninterrupted momentum, and get your partner going fast before you tap out and are done. i mean obviously the team that slows down at all is at a disadvantage if the other team can tap out while going full speed

but the speed at which fujiwara tags in yagami shouldn't affect yagami's speed since he's already functioning at full speed by the time they enter the tag in zone.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

pandaK posted:

like in what way did haru from free benefit yosuke by running up to the red line instead of just slowing down himself to tag in yosuke? it's not like him slowing down would slow yosuke down.

That was him being an overly competitive jerk, wasn't it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WOAH KUNG FU PANDA IS COMING OUT THIS MONTH.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Admoon posted:

its helck!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pandaK posted:

but the speed at which fujiwara tags in yagami shouldn't affect yagami's speed since he's already functioning at full speed by the time they enter the tag in zone.

you're right but also that isn't as cool or resonant with the rest of the ep
also thank you, for using their names

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

helck is already on my backlog, but my manga backlog moves slower than my anime one

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Knorth posted:

A few minutes into nine

Stick with it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Admoon posted:

helck is already on my backlog, but my manga backlog moves slower than my anime one

How is this possible.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Knorth posted:

A few minutes into nine
Keep going.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

one minute into haruchika: i wonder if they're gonna kiss in this one

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

episode 9 is real good

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

2 minutes into haruchika: wait am inute, this is hyouka s2, not hibike s2

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

How is this possible.

I've just never been a huge manga guy. I think I've read less than 20 total, even though I've watched anime for years. Every once in a while I get in the mood to plow through a bunch of chapters but then I won't get back to it for weeks

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pandaK posted:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

wait am inute this chick's got all three primary colors in her eyeballs

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

is this for real

i hope they kiss

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

pandaK posted:

wait am inute this chick's got all three primary colors in her eyeballs

What a f reak

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

pandaK posted:

i wouldn't count on it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

pandaK posted:

is this for real

i hope they kiss

it is, but i'm pretty sure sensei is going to sidestep any advances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Admoon posted:

oh wtf really? i read the synopsis of helck and just thought this bird thing he's been posting is completely unrelated

lmao

Helck is real good.

• Locked thread