Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm surprised anyone was complaining about this run. The length isn't a problem because PJ's bringing lots of energy and explaining everything that happens. Great commentary is the reason the Awful block is always a highlight.

There are much shorter runs of much better games that are absolutely terrible because the runner and couch are silent/monotone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

elsa the roomba princess

vrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
We need more scrolling beat 'em up speedruns like Streets of Rage, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and that ridiculous baseball man acid trip game they did last year.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
BOY THIS MUSIC SURE IS GOOD

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm surprised anyone was complaining about this run

Almost wish the run was longer, this is wonderful so far.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Choco1980 posted:

I like how we're two for two for not having bosses behave how they expect.

Three for three now. :v:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

this is a great boss

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:allears:

god I love when the boss decides to troll PJ.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This boss is a stand up guy.

Part of me thinks the boss is actually the music though

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

PJ does it again.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

boss takes no poo poo

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Part of me thinks the boss is actually the music though

DEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDEDE

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

senrath posted:

It's not the dumbest thing. It's a simple way to tie experience in with the threat of the monster.

I suppose, but when a major chunk of your enemies use projectiles, it seems very lazy at best. But then I am getting something of general feeling of rushed incompleteness from this game so far.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired or PJ/the couch is really good at jokes, but this run has me cracking up constantly.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

spells doing no damage GG

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Still can't find the composer's name, but it's certainly a distinctive soundtrack. For all of the wrong reasons maybe, because even OCRemix doesn't remember this game. Which is impressive, for a 2 hour run game...

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Hahahah.

We got the Thunder armor.

Yaaaaaay.

It takes 8 seconds to equip so I'm not gonna equip it.

Boooooooo.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
I remember watching this run when I was a wee speedrun watching lad. I'm glad it's still as dumb as I remember. PJ has a great way of laughing at this game without just complaining about everything like some Herculean punishment

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Vaah posted:

I'm not sure if it's because I'm tired or PJ/the couch is really good at jokes, but this run has me cracking up constantly.

PJ is really good at jokes.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maxim?!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Faust IX posted:

Still can't find the composer's name, but it's certainly a distinctive soundtrack. For all of the wrong reasons maybe, because even OCRemix doesn't remember this game. Which is impressive, for a 2 hour run game...

http://snesmusic.org/v2/profile.php?profile=composer&selected=257

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
The Tech Station must be waving that SAVE YOUR GAME sign madly right about now.

EDIT: Huh, only 2 games composed by that guy. Interesting.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The ending of this game should be Nasir buying a water filter and going home.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I appreciate that someone animated the wall swords and then put no collision on them

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Leveling up fucks up your equipment. Magical. :psyduck:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

muddy water is good to drink

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Faust IX posted:

Composer is apparently Hideki Suzuki. He didn't seem to do very many game soundtracks.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"We get another book..."

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Faust IX posted:

Hideki Suzuki (Naizoh Uraomote) is what I get

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
this is a really good game

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
"We get another book"

You got the Star Staff.

...the deadpan tone just makes this all the more magical, even if they can't actually show off magic. Especially what sounds like Quest 64's inspiration with "Magic So Big It Takes Up All Of The Screen" missing the enemy.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I appreciate that someone animated the wall swords and then put no collision on them

I genuinely never knew those didn't actually hit you. I went through the whole game avoiding them because why else would they be animated?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In the 80s and 90s the country (japan) was basically overrun with wanna be prog and jazz fusion musicians and they are the ones who wrote all our favorite video game soundtracks, along with most of the others

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hatchet Pig was my best soldier in MGSV

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

:bravo:

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEP