Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Bingemoose posted:

wait what. When did they reject you?

also eve is dying i just unsubbed about 15 accounts the other day.

join No Fun allowed there is always people online.

Eh, it was a few years ago now most likely. Just a little bitter because I would have just not bought the game if I knew i wasn't going to be able to play with goons

But yeah maybe I'll check out no fun allowed. Probably not though, already have a bunch of purchased character slots and fairly high level characters on another server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarion
Dec 1, 2014
Just started playing and am applying to the guild as a mystic.

Bingemoose
Mar 24, 2014

Hurr Durr muts saf gotam cety

Skwee posted:

Eh, it was a few years ago now most likely. Just a little bitter because I would have just not bought the game if I knew i wasn't going to be able to play with goons

But yeah maybe I'll check out no fun allowed. Probably not though, already have a bunch of purchased character slots and fairly high level characters on another server.

there is the groons too who dont care and are also goons, or clockwork pineapple they are more chill than the own all space goons.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

tearshed posted:

One of the most profitable mmos on the market. 2015 october data:

A really cheap looking Counter Strike clone is the second highest earning F2P game?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Carecat posted:

A really cheap looking Counter Strike clone is the second highest earning F2P game?

A really cheap looking DotA clone is the highest! :haw:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Carecat posted:

yeah and tera is in the pay 2 play category. something is pretty off with this chart.

same as sw:tor, that isn't a p2p game anymore either, not for a long time.

And WoW takes up 2 slots in the p2p category.

Bingemoose posted:

there is the groons too who dont care and are also goons, or clockwork pineapple they are more chill than the own all space goons.

Yeah it's all a bit too late now. Not sure I will be interested in that game ever again, or if I am ever interested in it again, whether it will be active. Although it is a pretty unique game.

Skwee fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Dec 18, 2015

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i've never seen one of those things made by super data research that even approaches reality

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bingemoose posted:

Groon/Clockwork Pineapple kinda collapsed and went to do other stuff in wormholes now. Heck, I went to FFXIV and now I'm downloading this anime game because I wanna grind it up.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trip report: wow, this game is actually quite a lot of fun, if you don't roll a mystic. I made that mistake a year ago, and then never played because of that. Rolled up a gunner, and been pretty much going hog-wild for three days. Combat is fun as gently caress, game is super pretty, and being able to solo-duo content because you're not braindead and can dodge boss patterns is supremely satisfying.

Chat seems to think that gunner and brawler are the two overpowered classes, but my friend running around as a warrior seems to have about the same luck as I do in terms of wrecking poo poo up, so gently caress listening to chat I guess.

OWLS! fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 27, 2015

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Didnt' the warrior changes a while ago give him huge potential but a very high skill cap?

when i played tera forever ago warrior was hands-down the most fun class to play but he was hard to get right. this was even before they gave him block

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

OWLS! posted:

Trip report: wow, this game is actually quite a lot of fun, if you don't roll a mystic. I made that mistake a year ago, and then never played because of that. Rolled up a gunner, and been pretty much going hog-wild for three days. Combat is fun as gently caress, game is super pretty, and being able to solo-duo content because you're not braindead and can dodge boss patterns is supremely satisfying.

Chat seems to think that gunner and brawler are the two overpowered classes, but my friend running around as a warrior seems to have about the same luck as I do in terms of wrecking poo poo up, so gently caress listening to chat I guess.

Warriors are really, really good at solo murdering as well, it was possible but difficult before the last few Warrior Buffs because they have so many movement/invincibility frame skills you can tank by dodging all of the time. Now they can do that, AND use the Block skill.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is this game fun? I want a chill mmo to play but i don't know if spamming movement around all the time sounds fun or not.

I guess I should be a little more specific. I always play a heavy armor dude of some sort, or at least melee DPS, are any of those characters decent if this is going to be my first time playing the game?

Bob NewSCART fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Dec 28, 2015

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is this game fun? I want a chill mmo to play but i don't know if spamming movement around all the time sounds fun or not.

I guess I should be a little more specific. I always play a heavy armor dude of some sort, or at least melee DPS, are any of those characters decent if this is going to be my first time playing the game?

Lancers and Berserkers use Heavy Armor at melee range and Block instead of dodge/iframe except in rare conditions or in PvP because gently caress STUNCOMBOS, GOD!

Lancers are the tanks while Berserkers use a fuckhuge Axe to deal fuckhuge Criticals, recently got a buff to tanking. Berserkers also play like a Fat Kid in a Ninja Camp, it's hard to catch the scrawny little Ninjas but goddamn if you manage to sit on one they just go splat .

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

OWLS! posted:

I haven't been playing the last few weeks, trying out FFXIV which overall seems more polished and certainly more lively but lacks the fun of combat from TERA... anyway, as of when I left (right after Brawler release) Gunner and Reaper were considered the easiest classes to play, and while Brawler was new it was already considered overpowered. I know a high level gunner who hated the class because he considered it far too easy to play, and from what I saw in dungeon groups, gunners were entirely self sufficient with little effort. I played a ravager and was disappointed at the difficulty in soloing group dungeons - I could take down bosses no problem but overpulls would gently caress me because I swung so slow. Gunners have a pet that heals them, turrets that autofire for massive damage and can gently caress poo poo up from afar. I got the feeling they would only die if they pulled some seriously goofy poo poo just to try it out.

I saw impressive warriors when I played but it seemed to require much more careful and mindful work to accomplish. I was warned that playing a gunner would make other classes seem weak, slow and annoying by comparison. I couldn't really parse what reapers were doing but they were definitely powerful, but maybe someone else can fill you in on them and Brawlers.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bob NewSCART posted:

Depends, how much do you like third-person action games? Did you play/enjoy monster hunter? Then this game is fairly chill and fun. If you want something more in the classic vein of stand around wail on action bars - then no.

Also I got a bit of altitis, and the punchwoman class is pretty fun, so you can brawl it the gently caress up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

tearshed posted:

Source your quotes. (Seriously.)

I can't find anything anywhere about TERA no longer supporting XP. Steam and Enmasse websites both say support XP. Last patch was a month ago. Reddit, vg and Enmasse Forums all have zero topics about no XP support. Sometimes TERA just shits itself, are you sure it's an XP thing?

You know what, I concluded that because Marvel Heroes/Gazillion actually did remove XP support and Tera stopped working right at the same time, so I figured it was for the same reason, but I re-installed and it works fine. It actually seems like they've worked on the engine a lot because FPS is a lot better than I remember even with the same hardware (and my same old busted rear end OS too). Also the punchwizard class is indeed really, really fun.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Groggy nard posted:

Lancers and Berserkers use Heavy Armor at melee range and Block instead of dodge/iframe except in rare conditions or in PvP because gently caress STUNCOMBOS, GOD!

Lancers are the tanks while Berserkers use a fuckhuge Axe to deal fuckhuge Criticals, recently got a buff to tanking. Berserkers also play like a Fat Kid in a Ninja Camp, it's hard to catch the scrawny little Ninjas but goddamn if you manage to sit on one they just go splat .

How do warriors play? Very dodgy/finnicky or what? And how much content is there available that isn't just grinding for enchants and poo poo? Decent amount of goons?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bob NewSCART posted:

How do warriors play? Very dodgy/finnicky or what? And how much content is there available that isn't just grinding for enchants and poo poo? Decent amount of goons?

Lots of iframe dodging, a strange smoke clone... thing, and the block skill in Defensive Stance.

I never bothered with blocking on a Warrior though because I just love stabbing poo poo all of the time. You can solo up to the 50's or so easy with iframe dodges(some of them even do damage!) and Avatar weapons alone, but it's far less fun than playing with friends.

Content for me was Big rear end Monsters and Dungeons in general. And finding unsuspecting players and slapping their poo poo. Or getting slapped yourself. It's a huge adrenaline rush.

Goons folded into No Fun Allowed because there weren't quite enough of them for their own guild, I haven't heard any real complaints about the other people in NFA who aren't goons though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Since I don't think that term is used anywhere else, fyi "iframe" means a period of animation during which you can't be damaged, by anything at all. Basically if you play warrior well, you take very little damage and do lots of damage; if you play poorly, you do crappy damage and take a lot of damage. it's a really fun class but I wouldn't really recommend it for new players unless you feel like you are some kind of Pro Gamer Badass :shrug:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Flesh Forge posted:

Since I don't think that term is used anywhere else

"Invulnerability/Invincibility Frames" I learned it first by talking to people who are much, much better than I ever will be at 2D fighting games.

But that is because I suck horrendously at 2D fighting games, so almost anyone can claim that. I've heard it plenty by tryhards in Tera though. And some in Planetside2 because Medkit spam.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think the term is gaining in popularity, first from fighting games and then also from Action RPGs and certain multiplayer games. TERA was the first time I've heard it used for player moves in an MMO, but I expect to see it more often with other active combat MMOs like Blade and Soul.

I have to assume the 'frame' part of the term comes from obsessive fighting game players counting frames for moves to know exactly which moves can interrupt others so as to nudge your opponents to death with jabs and low kicks.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

"Invulnerability/Invincibility Frames" I learned it first by talking to people who are much, much better than I ever will be at 2D fighting games.

But that is because I suck horrendously at 2D fighting games, so almost anyone can claim that. I've heard it plenty by tryhards in Tera though. And some in Planetside2 because Medkit spam.

Well I should have said "in MMOs" because I know jack poo poo about fighting games :shrug:

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Never really heard about iframes in MMOs(because
Most don't have them) but I know the term from dark souls and games of the like because iframes are huge for dodging and setting up attacks

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I looked into it a bit more and it turns out I know jack poo poo about pretty much everything really :shrug:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Anyone got a BuddyUp code they could share?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

boho posted:

Anyone got a BuddyUp code they could share?

Anatolia#4073

For Mount Tyrannis

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So nexon is taking over publishing duties for the game in korea and they've announced things like free form flight ala WoW/FFXIV and also a new (probably evil) elin only class. Enjoy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
rip.

just rip

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice
Just started, am enjoying punching everything forever while wearing, inexplicably, a metal thong. Also enjoying how many brawlers have "Vi" in their name and think they are being clever.

A couple of questions: Is there a way to make it stop putting me in loving channel 1 all the time and/or is there a macro of some kind I can make to just mash a button and go to an actual good channel?

Similarly, how do I turn off all of the help tips? I have all of the help boxes unchecked in the options, but it still tells me to press K every time I level up and a bunch of other useless garbage like how to use a teleporter all the time.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Comradephate posted:

Just started, am enjoying punching everything forever while wearing, inexplicably, a metal thong. Also enjoying how many brawlers have "Vi" in their name and think they are being clever.

A couple of questions: Is there a way to make it stop putting me in loving channel 1 all the time and/or is there a macro of some kind I can make to just mash a button and go to an actual good channel?

Similarly, how do I turn off all of the help tips? I have all of the help boxes unchecked in the options, but it still tells me to press K every time I level up and a bunch of other useless garbage like how to use a teleporter all the time.

what is that a reference to

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Skwee posted:

what is that a reference to
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Vi

Trap sprung etc

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Every time I play this game they've added a few cutscenes.

So I like that the new tutorial area (what happened to the Island of Dawn?) continues the TERA tradition of being ruthless towards children.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Anyone have a buddy-up code they'd like me to use for my Brawler? Usually I play a class to 65 and quit because it's standard theme park endgame but I still enjoy levelling. Does Brawler have a comparable level of power to Gunner where you can clown on BAMs all day and solo most levelling dungeons?

Server: Mount Tyrannus I think.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 3, 2016

Comradephate
Feb 28, 2009

College Slice

Pierson posted:

Anyone have a buddy-up code they'd like me to use for my Brawler? Usually I play a class to 65 and quit because it's standard theme park endgame but I still enjoy levelling. Does Brawler have a comparable level of power to Gunner where you can clown on BAMs all day and solo most levelling dungeons?

Server: Mount Tyrannus I think.

Yes. I am brand new to the game and I can easily solo dungeons when I'm 2 levels above recommended. If I were better they'd probably be soloable at the recommended level.

Comradephate fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jan 4, 2016

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I have been thinking to sign up and I wasn't sure. But it turns out I can buy a little car to drive around the fantasy would. I am downloading now.

{edit} The name Sluricane is taken, this is upsetting.

Reznor fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 6, 2016

Doomay
Jan 16, 2008
Figured I'd give this game a shot, just applied to NFA. Is subbing worth it if I just want to play for a month or two? Scanned the last few pages and didn't see anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
No. Levelling is insanely fast even without Elite (subscription) status. If you use a buddy code on a character you like (hint, use mine; Pierson#1791, you can input it on the character select screen after you make a character) then you'll also get gift boxes every ten levels that are filled with stuff that'll make it even faster. Just using the code gets you a scroll that doubles combat exp for a month, the game will hand you several ten-hour exp-doubling scrolls at certain milestones (that's ten in-game hours as well, the countdown stops if you log off), and every box comes with a scroll that just grants you a level immediately.

It's entirely possible to go from 1-60 (60-65 requires doing an actual plotline) on 300% experience.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 7, 2016

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
So far driving around in my little yellow car and killing people has been surprisingly enjoyable. Beep Beep murder car here.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hAYguhgpno

lol Elin ninjas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sure bluehole, elin ninjas make absolute sense

• Locked thread