Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

To get through DA:O in less than two hours there's gotta be some major poo poo going on so this should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the awful hair is strong with this group....

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I would rather have awful hair than no hair like now :negative:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Greeting from Berlin, Germany

we are stepping up our game

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
agdq is cool and all but it sucks when I rediscover a game I played as a kid (Age of Empires) only to find out it has aged terribly and is boring and lovely by today's standards

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Greeting from the sofa of the living room of Kreuzbachstraße 21 in the suburb of Köln in GERMANY! GERMANY!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Spudd posted:

I would rather have awful hair than no hair like now :negative:

the amount is irrelevant as long as you wear it well :)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I went over to watch the pinball stream and the dude there is making jokes about waxing balls and firing off airhorns like a bad radio host.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I like DAO, so I'm looking forward to this

I'm guessing there are some major glitches involved, ~1 hour seems way too short for a "legitimate" run

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Swan Curry posted:

Is it just me or is there a way higher proportion of poo poo runs on pc than on any other platform? Iji was great though

It's just you, the number of poo poo NES games run this year by far surpasses any other platform.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I love the first Dragon Age but it's kinda hilarious how badly the graphics have aged already

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Hope we don't need to read anything.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Schurik posted:

I love the first Dragon Age but it's kinda hilarious how badly the graphics have aged already

The graphics always looked like washed out garbage, tbh. :shrug:

e: that said, this is on the top of my list of "what the hell kind of run is this going to be"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Good thing the timer's been stopped for a while

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Lmao what a great glitch to have in your RPG

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is the donation reader still sleeping

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I feel weird about this. If it's like, Mega Man, and it could never get patched, then glitches are just a part of the game. But getting 500 stat points from a glitch that was patched years ago? Ehh...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i missed whatever causes the glitch

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Allowing runs based on a very specific broken version of a game is pretty dumb indeed

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Aurora posted:

Resetting points after spending some.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Aurora posted:

add points, push reset, remove points, repeat forever

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

It's called a phylactary(sp?) you loving nerds

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Double Bill posted:

Allowing runs based on a very specific broken version of a game is pretty dumb indeed

No different than using Japanese versions that deal half damage for pacifist runs. It's whatever

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Double Bill posted:

To be fair, Metroid Prime is a much better game on versions with the scan-dash glitch.

Still, feels weird for a PC game.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Spudd posted:

It's called a phylactary(sp?) you loving nerds

Close, phylactery *

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Double Bill posted:

That's essentially 99% of speedruns though. There's a reason they all play the japanese version 1.0 etc.

unless :thejoke: I'm tired don't hate

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Double Bill posted:

Well, this IS the disc version of the game...

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

At least show the bridge glitches

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Oil of Paris posted:

Close, phylactery *

Oh, thank you. I guessed that at first but questioned myself. :D

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Double Bill posted:

as opposed to running a more boring version of the game? seriously I don't get this, do that which is fun and fast all else is secondary

Unfortunately AoE and this are kinda boring the tits off me so I'm gonna go back and catch what I missed of Awful Games and maybe just rewatch animorphs

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The monotone voices are not making it easy for me to stay awake :(

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Zorodius posted:

I feel weird about this. If it's like, Mega Man, and it could never get patched, then glitches are just a part of the game. But getting 500 stat points from a glitch that was patched years ago? Ehh...

You're gonna love the bloodborne run*.

*you will not love the bloodborne run.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

drat this was a buggy mess, wasn't it?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Schurik posted:

drat this was a buggy mess, wasn't it?

Dragon age awakening still has a terrible bug they havent fixed that youll encounter every time if you do the quests in the wrong order.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Your Computer posted:

That's essentially 99% of speedruns though. There's a reason they all play the japanese version 1.0 etc.

In most cases it's the final and/or only version generally available though. It's more questionable when you have to work around the game getting updated (e.g. the binocular runs in Dark Souls 2)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Loading Age Origins

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
gdq would be an irredeemable mess if all games had to be played on the most up-to-date version

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

the palette in this game makes me feel colourblind or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

hanales posted:

You're gonna love the bloodborne run*.

*you will not love the bloodborne run.

Yup, seeing the estimated time means it will use an older version of Bloodborne (the base version even, with long rear end load times and loading screens showing the game logo only).

• Locked thread