Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I had to buy another Reeves 7" figure and bring it to work, it's too cool to pass up and they're still going for $65 on Amazon and my TRU still had a couple sitting on the shelf. The second release of the figure has a twisty tie around his waist which actually permanently put an indent on the figure itself. The gently caress, NECA?

Still looking for those World of Nintendo figures..m

: vv Do you need him still? I think my TRU still has one more Reeves, I can ship him your way.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
No Reeve to be seen locally :(

I did find the new batman vs superman toys though. Iron Batman looks kinda cool. WW looks goofy as hell though. Didn't see Supes except in 12" format.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

If anyone in their travels is checking out Walgreens for stuff and you come across a Funko Pop Green Goblin and Black Suit Spider-Man, I would be gladly send internet bucks for them.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I am new to collecting action figures and am still trying to figure out how things work. I saw that a new Marvel Legends line with Spider Gwen has come out recently or is about to come out. However, I can't find a source for her online that isn't eBay (asking $50 for the figure minus the BAF piece) or an order for the complete wave. Will she ever be available on Amazon or at Walmart for the normal price of a Legends figure?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

She will, it just takes time for stores to stock.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Awesome, thanks. It has been shockingly difficult to find information on the figures. I couldn't even figure out if they'd been released in 2015 or 2016, because different websites were telling me both. Is there a good list/site that tracks figure release dates?

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

therealjon_ posted:

She will, it just takes time for stores to stock.

Or stores can be like mine with Legends where they have billions of All-Father line figures out but next to nothing when it comes to anything newer.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

kaujot posted:

Awesome, thanks. It has been shockingly difficult to find information on the figures. I couldn't even figure out if they'd been released in 2015 or 2016, because different websites were telling me both. Is there a good list/site that tracks figure release dates?

Aside from the recent Star Wars event figure releases are a lot muddier than other stuff you might be used to collecting. Toys, especially wide release toys like Marvel Legends, start showing up in different stores in different parts of the country at wildly different times. You just kind of have to keep your ear to the ground, check your stores regularly, or just order them online.

But like, if a site like Big Bad Toy Store or Amazon lists a figure for pre-order, available in a month, or whatever, there's still always a chance you could just go to a Toys R Us and find them on the shelves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BlackCircle posted:

Or stores can be like mine with Legends where they have billions of All-Father line figures out but next to nothing when it comes to anything newer.

That's connected, usually. They don't order the new ones because they have too many of the old ones still.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
'Sup?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
No helmet with a hole in it so he can gaze into the Fist of Dredd? :allears:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I thought I posted this last night, but it looks like it didn't actually post, so here goes:

Do they still manufacture older series of the World of Nintendo figures, or do they stop once the newest wave hits shelves? I still haven't even seen a loving Metroid in person, and I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and pay the $50 or however much they are on Amazon now.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

BlackCircle posted:

Yeah the first wave I fully collected was the Ant-Man wave and that's just because all the figures at Target were $6 and they had multiple copies of almost everyone. I guess famous villain Tiger Shark wasn't quite as popular as they were hoping.

Thanks for all the responses! I'll just learn to be more patient with figures than I have to be with movies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Agrias120 posted:

I thought I posted this last night, but it looks like it didn't actually post, so here goes:

Do they still manufacture older series of the World of Nintendo figures, or do they stop once the newest wave hits shelves? I still haven't even seen a loving Metroid in person, and I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and pay the $50 or however much they are on Amazon now.

Usually once an initial wave of a toy line is gone, it's gone.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I've seen Bowsers showing up again.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

They did make a second wave of Metroids that have a lighter color to the main.. shell.. thing.. but they're still rare due to either scalpers or lovely distribution and probably not making enough. Chances are they'll not make any more and $50 may be reasonable before they hit $100+ in a year or two. Current rumor is that they're cancelling the 6" line altogether.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
It's only ~$6 on Amazon, so you guys talked me into the 8-bit Donkey Kong figure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress.

I saw a Metroid during Christmas but was busy shopping for others and not me.

Went back as week later - gone.

I need something to go with my Figma Samus.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress.

I saw a Metroid during Christmas but was busy shopping for others and not me.

Went back as week later - gone.

I need something to go with my Figma Samus.

This is 100% the reason why Metroids are so hard to find, because 90% of world of nintendo toys are cheap looking garbage that have no business sharing a shelf with Figma Samus and Link, but they'll do as props for superior toys. Figma Samus is incredibly popular and I think everyone wanted a Metroid for it.

For the record I haven't been able to find one for my Figma Samus either.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Travis343 posted:

This is 100% the reason why Metroids are so hard to find, because 90% of world of nintendo toys are cheap looking garbage that have no business sharing a shelf with Figma Samus and Link, but they'll do as props for superior toys. Figma Samus is incredibly popular and I think everyone wanted a Metroid for it.

For the record I haven't been able to find one for my Figma Samus either.

I picked up a Figma Samus when she first came out, and this is the exact reason I want the WON Metroid. I don't have any interest in their other figures, but drat it. :argh:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Well guys, I'll probably be living in a box soon

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

So proud of you :)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Joe Fisto posted:

So do you sneak stuff into the house past the wife, or just walk it through the front door and take your lecture about financial responsibility like a man?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
She doesn't really care. When she saw photos of Rey and Finn she said "oh you should get those"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got the regular Stormtrooper, then got kind of annoyed when I noticed the Heavy Gunner is literally the regular Stormtrooper with an extra gun and removable vest.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
back when the saturday night live spoof of star wars collectors was on and someone commented about the shelf...I showed the video to my wife and she said wait, rewind that. what do you think about that kind of shelf?

<3

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

I got the regular Stormtrooper, then got kind of annoyed when I noticed the Heavy Gunner is literally the regular Stormtrooper with an extra gun and removable vest.

Well I suppose you need both. There's also the Jakku version that has the vest AND binoculars.

Though you could probably get the extra pieces of ebay.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Paul Feig announced yesterday that Mattel has the license to the new Ghostbusters movie (no surprise) and posted prototypes of all 4 ladies.

https://twitter.com/paulfeig/status/685284979195052032

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Well I suppose you need both. There's also the Jakku version that has the vest AND binoculars.

Though you could probably get the extra pieces of ebay.

Luckily with a Stormtrooper I kind of want the plain, generic version.

Because ebay sellers want like $50 for the little vest.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RevKrule posted:

Paul Feig announced yesterday that Mattel has the license to the new Ghostbusters movie (no surprise) and posted prototypes of all 4 ladies.

Those look pretty decent.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Link Between Worlds figma is up at amiami right now:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-016132&page=top
I couldn't resist. He's too drat adorable.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Do you know if that bracelet is removable? Because otherwise that's the Link to the Past figure I've wanted since I was ten.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Do you know if that bracelet is removable? Because otherwise that's the Link to the Past figure I've wanted since I was ten.

No idea. It's not coming out until August. There's a deluxe version with some extra items and poo poo as well, but that ones through okaumode which is way less preorder friendly.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Vegastar posted:

Link Between Worlds figma is up at amiami right now:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-016132&page=top
I couldn't resist. He's too drat adorable.

It looks like they don't charge you until the figure ships, is that true? I havne't used AmiAmi before, just trying to figure out what to expect. I need that not-quite-LttP-but-close-enough figure in my life.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrias120 posted:

It looks like they don't charge you until the figure ships, is that true? I havne't used AmiAmi before, just trying to figure out what to expect. I need that not-quite-LttP-but-close-enough figure in my life.

Correct, that's what it told me, and shipping isn't determined until time of shipment as well.

I wasn't gonna bite on the figure but I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering Lucina, Pit and Dark-Pit when they were up long ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

(He actually means giant erection guy.)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

RevKrule posted:

Those figures look fine but that movie is going to flop so badly it isn't funny.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Correct, that's what it told me, and shipping isn't determined until time of shipment as well.

I wasn't gonna bite on the figure but I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering Lucina, Pit and Dark-Pit when they were up long ago.

From what I gather EMS is like, 10 or 15 bucks for shipping and it's not on the slow boat. Worth it, IMO. Bonus points that you can combine orders. I have 3 different nendoroids on order for January as well that are held until all 3 can ship at once. No charge until he order is ready, and they invoice you to pay so it's not a surprise charge hitting your account.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

You can get the DX version of Link on Goodsmile's official store. Besides resellers, thats the only way for us foreigners to get their deluxe or wonfes figures.

Travis343 posted:

Looks like it might slide off; in pics, its at different positions on his wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

vkeios posted:

You can get the DX version of Link on Goodsmile's official store. Besides resellers, thats the only way for us foreigners to get their deluxe or wonfes figures.

Looks like it might slide off; in pics, its at different positions on his wrist.

I have to keep telling myself that Hookshot isn't worth the 2400 yen difference. It's not going to work, I just know it.