Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy hungry ladays

Op Op Op Op

Oppa Homeless Style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:suicide:

This is worse than loving troper tales

#heros #dudebros #fedorable :laffo:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Somehow I'm picturing this grizzled homeless Vietnam veteran getting up all "you want a dance, you little prick?!"

And then busting out a "Korean style" dance? Oh my god, does the author of that piece of poo poo actually think the Gangnam Style dance is a traditional Korean dance? :cawg:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Somehow I'm picturing this grizzled homeless Vietnam veteran getting up all "you want a dance, you little prick?!"

And then busting out a "Korean style" dance? Oh my god, does the author of that piece of poo poo actually think the Gangnam Style dance is a traditional Korean dance? :cawg:

A lot of people probably do due to how national stereotyping works.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm trying to picture dozens of people starting to dance gangnam style on some random street, into the night and without music.

I'm not sure whether that's hilarious or horrifying.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm trying to picture dozens of people starting to dance gangnam style on some random street, into the night and without music.

I'm not sure whether that's hilarious or horrifying.

That's the image that came to mind too. I'm sure in the author's head it looked really cool because he could imagine the music playing, but the reality of it would be a lot more awkward if it actually happened. Just a bunch of people hopping around in silence surrounding a homeless guy who is yelling the words to a song.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
I think the most confusing part of this stdh is the fact the 'dipshit' was dressed in a trench coat and fedora. Like this reads exactly like a trooper tale, do tropers not think the trench coat and fedora look is the height of class anymore?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's a joke you idiots.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Splicer posted:

It's a joke you idiots.

Please don't be so autistic, this is quite clearly supposed to be legitimate. Satire was invented by liberals and doesn't actually exist. Idiot!

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Splicer posted:

It's a joke you idiots.

Yeah, it reads like something cut from an episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Splicer posted:

It's a joke you idiots.

What?! The text isn't even green!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Splicer posted:

It's a joke you idiots.

So are most of the things posted in this thread. It's undeniably "poo poo" both as a joke and as a story in general, and it most certainly didn't happen, so...

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Murphy Brownback posted:

So are most of the things posted in this thread. It's undeniably "poo poo" both as a joke and as a story in general, and it most certainly didn't happen, so...

I think most things we see here were posted in earnest, in the hopes of raking in points. This story is obviously a joke.

Also, mods, change my name to Opa Homeless Style. Tia

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

bringmyfishback posted:

Who smokes weed all day and wants to get into fights???

SHAFT

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
If somebody in this thread posted that here deliberately as a parody or satire or whatever of stdh it would be getting "well done sir"'s out the rear end, it is possible for people outside of this thread to have a sense of irony you know. I enjoyed the post.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I respect this homeless man so much, I'm going to throw my money at his feet because gently caress actually handing it to him, he's still poor and has to scrap.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Verisimilidude posted:

Yeah, it reads like something cut from an episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Wow rude, unbreakable is a good show

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Max posted:

I respect this homeless man so much, I'm going to throw my money at his feet because gently caress actually handing it to him, he's still poor and has to scrap.

She was doing him a favor, clearly this was very sharp, dangerous money as it has already inflicted a gaping wound on the fedora guy.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Even if it was satire originally, people took it seriously going by the tags in the picture.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Poe's law is a bitch.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pththya-lyi posted:

Please be satire, please be satire, please be satire
It's satire.

Unlike that one, this story likely did happen, but it made me smile so here it is regardless.

quote:

Must Hate Watching Animal Planet
Pet Store | GA, USA | At The Checkout, Pets & Animals

(I’m ringing up a customer buying a bag of dog food, and a small toy. When customers pay by credit card, the screen automatically asks if they want to make a donation to help homeless animals.)

Me: “Would you like to make a donation to [store charity]?”

Customer: “No, I hate all animals; this is for a friend.”

Me: “Okay then. Would you like a bag for that?”

Customer: “Yes, I hate the environment too.”

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Jan 7, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Citing Poe's law here is like watching Austin Powers and asking "Hrm is this a legitimate spy film or a comedy?"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You know I can actually believe that some people on the Internet would think this is legit. Or at least want it so bad they delude themselves into it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Most Americans don't even know its "oppa Gangnam style", there's a ton of mis-heard lyrics for that song like "open condom style"

Everyone:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yeah that stood out to me too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

quote:

He then began performing [Korean dance].
Fixed.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They may have been confused by the existence of trot music, an old-fashioned genre of Korean pop music developed in the first half of the 20th century. The Wikipedia entry for "Gangnam Style" links to its "trot music" entry when discussing the horse trot that PSY performs in the video. But I honestly can't tell whether or not trot music actually has anything to do with the horse trot. The name "trot" refers to the foxtrot, and while trot singers do perform with backup dancers, I haven't seen enough videos of trot performances to know whether trot backup dancers often do the horse trot. So I doubt it.

E: Allegedly PSY chose the horse trot after testing out a few other "cheesy" animal-inspired moves.

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 21:23 on Jan 7, 2016

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
http://thecringiest.tumblr.com/post/136522070415/look-at-all-these-true-stories-that-actually

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ...
I was expecting it to go full on parody at every line after the flight attendant teared up but nope, kept it going.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Holy poo poo those last couple lines.

Why are you guys so in love with your soldiers, it's crazy.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Fathis Munk posted:

Manly men doing manly things like shooting guns at evil terrorists, the Call of Duty games also further promote the soldiers are awesome! thing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The soldiers were probably right - I'd have to be starving to want to pay extra for airline food. If someone bought me lunch after they heard me clearly say I didn't want one and wanted to wait for much better food instead, I'd be pretty annoyed. I doubt they were thinking "I can't buy this because I'm too poor", they were probably thinking more along the lines of "I don't want to buy this because the food is going to suck".

Also what was the deal with the 25 dollars from 3 separate people? I could see one guy handing him a 20 or something, but 3 people giving him more than one bill adding up to the same amount?

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
I LOVE that he got to eat a fancy meal while surrounded by the soldiers eating sack lunches.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Shai-Hulud posted:

Jesus Christ...
I was expecting it to go full on parody at every line after the flight attendant teared up but nope, kept it going.

Plot twist: the flight attendant was Albert Einstein.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Still funny.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Even though the story is supposed to be about how marvelous the mercenary baby killers are, it's clearly written to show how cool the writer is.
People were honoring him.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Fathis Munk posted:

I don't know. I feel like I'm quoting Bojack Horseman here but I really do dislike how as an American it's your duty to love every single person who has picked up a rifle and gone to war like it's the only important job anyone can ever do. I mean, yeah it takes a degree of courage but it's possible too that they're just a sociopath and/or racist looking for their chance to kill some brown people in the name of Uncle Sam.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Isn't it haram, if you will, to tell civilians about your deployment plans? My military friends have been very non-specific about where they are going before deployment other than "I am being deployed to Afghanistan." Once you're there it's no big deal, but I don't think they want it to be public knowledge of dates and places that they're shipping soldiers out.

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for destroying your body and mind to fight an unwinnable war that I only think about when I read the CNN ticker waiting in line somewhere or have to stand up during a veteran's salute at a football game, here's a sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, I mean, Thank You For Your Service

• Locked thread