Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
A little late, but I'm fully enjoying No True Scottish Folk Singer.

Also, is that you in the picture because GodDAMN son :swoon:

PS Please do Viva La Quinta Brigada

e: June 22nd, 1941: The First Sisak Partisan Brigade, the first anti-fascist armed unit in occupied Europe, is founded by Yugoslav partisans near Sisak, Croatia.

Ichabod Sexbeast fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Isn't that a Ricky Martin song?

Also I've met Coohoolin and he's picking really flattering photos there, so pick up your trousers.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Yeah it's a weird feeling :allears:.

I didn't cover my non-existent beard when the delivery guy gave me the hydrogen peroxide but should I grow a beard just to make the security services laugh at me? I can't recall a disabled terrorist but my memory is poo poo. I am not a terrorist

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Jedit posted:

Isn't that a Ricky Martin song?

Also I've met Coohoolin and he's picking really flattering photos there, so pick up your trousers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQbXO828Vio

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Coohoolin looks like a much fitter version of me and it makes me sad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

StoneOfShame posted:

Like Galloway and Abbott , Livingstone falls into that part of the British left that are as interested in shameless self promotion as they are in pushing the left forward, he really needs to shut the gently caress up, maybe someone should start a petition to Corbyn.

Is Abbott really that bad? I mean she says some daft things, & I'm glad she's not replaced Hilary Benn as Foreign Secretary but I don't think she belongs in that company.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
In excellent advances in doublethink news, we now can't call Hungarians migrants because they, too, hate migrants, defined as lazy non europeans.

the world is too loving stupid

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

e: June 22nd, 1941: The First Sisak Partisan Brigade, the first anti-fascist armed unit in occupied Europe, is founded by Yugoslav partisans near Sisak, Croatia.

Oooh crackin tune, was meaning to learn it and kinda forgot! I'll get on that.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

forkboy84 posted:

Is Abbott really that bad? I mean she says some daft things, & I'm glad she's not replaced Hilary Benn as Foreign Secretary but I don't think she belongs in that company.

The only real time I’ve actually seen people get mad over Abbott is when she was on HIGNFY and gently caress if I could work out what she did that deserved it as she barely said anything.

Why do people hate Diane Abbott? With examples would be nice.

Is it because she talks about racism? It's because she talks about racism isn't it.

Fans fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 7, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

I don't get most of the hate for her but she does suck at getting her point across.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Fans posted:

she's a left wing black woman and we had "friend of the family for a neighbour" campaigns in living memory?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
For me, it's mainly that she's a fat gobshite with an annoying voice.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

Thought that was Churchill

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Pissflaps posted:

That's why we didn't ask you personally.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

She was on that shite TV programme with Portillo and Andrew Neil.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

forkboy84 posted:

I find to be very patronising often whilst saying quite dumb things, there was also the time whilst going on about how private educations was bad she sent her own kid to private school. Its either that or I'm a racist and I didn't know it, she's not as bad as the others but I've never had much time for her.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Her views seem fine enough, but she is irritating in that she crops up to do a 1000 TV interviews and often comes across pretty poorly. She was brought up as a shameless self-promoter, and I think that's a pretty valid accusation.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Pissflaps posted:

Sizeism against a black woman? Problematic.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

If we're here to hate on pioneering ethnic MPs, I loving hate Keith Vaz and his stupid face.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Marx was fat and had an annoying voice, makes you think.

Edit: I'm only guessing his voice was annoying, I have no proof.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Poison Jam posted:

With all this talk about petrol bombing London (I'm kinda for it), is the entire thread on watchlists? Am I on a watchlist for buying hydrogen peroxide for making my consoles white again, because that'd be dumb :(

Probably not.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
She's incredibly patronising.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Fans posted:

Is it because she talks about racism? It's because she talks about racism isn't it.
A lot of people find her condescending in a way that they still would if she was a white man, and she does come across more like a teacher talking to children than the charismatic go-getter legernd that people seem to prefer. A lot of people are just racist and/or sexist too.

Jeza posted:

If we're here to hate on pioneering ethnic MPs, I loving hate Keith Vaz and his stupid face.
Vaz is a corrupt gently caress, offers uninformed opinions on things, and has pissed off a fair few promising Asian political voices in the past with his "one true voice of the Leicester Asian community" routines. But two of those are par for the course for many politicians so I don't think it's fair to direct them specifically at him. I also don't think it's fair to not mention them about him just because a bunch of others do it too either.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Jeza posted:

Are you the one who's bullied Vaz off Twitter?

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Jeza posted:

I loving hate Keith Vaz and his stupid policies.
FTFY

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Cerv posted:

Are you the one who's bullied Vaz off Twitter?

It's me, I'm that one weird twitter death-threat guy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Vaz's one talent is that he can unite normally opposed voices from all walks of life in saying what a tool he is.

That loving UKIP comment though :jerkbag:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I don't want to dislike Vaz because he's one of the only three Goan MPs but drat he drives me up the wall.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Vaz is a corrupt gently caress, offers uninformed opinions on things, and has pissed off a fair few promising Asian political voices in the past with his "one true voice of the Leicester Asian community" routines. But two of those are par for the course for many politicians so I don't think it's fair to direct them specifically at him. I also don't think it's fair to not mention them about him just because a bunch of others do it too either.

He also went on a march to get The Satanic Verses banned. gently caress him and his stupid politics.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Possibly becoming aware that blaming the oncoming financial crash on Labour won't work this time, Osborne is getting in the "it's literally everyone else's fault except ours" excuses early.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/07/george-osborne-warns-uk-economy-faces-cocktail-of-threats

Am I the only one who saw (the BBC's version of) this article and thought 'I don't know what cocktail Osborne's been taking, but it's sure as poo poo not 'threats to the economy''.

The biggest threat to our economic growth is austerity. Someone, anyone... EVERYONE in the Labour party (and the SNP, and the Greens, and any party that claims to be remotely progressive) needs to start saying that loudly and constantly.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did any MPs support the campaign against Jerry Springer the Opera?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

thespaceinvader posted:

Am I the only one who saw (the BBC's version of) this article and thought 'I don't know what cocktail Osborne's been taking, but it's sure as poo poo not 'threats to the economy''.

The biggest threat to our economic growth is austerity. Someone, anyone... EVERYONE in the Labour party (and the SNP, and the Greens, and any party that claims to be remotely progressive) needs to start saying that loudly and constantly.

The SNP is pretty much saying that constantly.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Coohoolin posted:

The SNP is pretty much saying that constantly.

I wish I could see it more, but, you know, middle England.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Spangly A posted:

In excellent advances in doublethink news, we now can't call Hungarians migrants because they, too, hate migrants, defined as lazy non europeans.

the world is too loving stupid

You can sort of see his point though, poo poo as everyone's attitudes are towards non-EU immigrants there is an agreement and a common status among EU citizens. Cameron's been having a right laugh demonising people for daring to have the nerve to exercise their right to travel to the UK and live here, like what UK citizens also do in Europe. I'm not surprised Hungary's trying to make a distinction, because there is one, as much as Cameron cries himself to sleep wishing there wasn't

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

Fans posted:

The only real time I’ve actually seen people get mad over Abbott is when she was on HIGNFY and gently caress if I could work out what she did that deserved it as she barely said anything.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3218593.stm

quote:

Left-wing Labour MP Diane Abbott has been accused of hypocrisy for deciding to send her son to a private school.
She is believed to have chosen to pay £10,000 a year for James, 12, to attend City of London School, rather than a comprehensive near her home in Hackney, north London.
Ms Abbott has previously been strongly critical of Labour colleagues Harriet Harman and Tony Blair for their school choices.

Diane Abbott Once Argued That 'On Balance Mao Did More Good Than Harm'

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

dispatch_async posted:

Diane Abbott Once Argued That 'On Balance Mao Did More Good Than Harm'
What's her forums name?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

:siren: 11-dimensional chess theory confirmed :siren:

Reshuffle was like multidimensional game of chess, says Jeremy Corbyn

quote:

Jeremy Corbyn has likened his frontbench reshuffle to “a multidimensional game of chess”, speaking for the first time since completing the three-day reorganisation of his top team.

Speaking to the Yorkshire Post on Thursday, the Labour leader said of the process: “You start off with a chessboard and that’s fine, then you realise you’re playing a game on a parallel board as well and then you suddenly find there’s a third board down the way.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

JFairfax posted:

Did any MPs support the campaign against Jerry Springer the Opera?

Peter Luff but he stood down in 2015

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/7474625.MP__ban_this_obscene_show/

quote:

A "CRUDE and explicit" West End play is too vulgar for the BBC and should be pulled from the air, says MP Peter Luff.

Cult show Jerry Springer - The Opera, which contains more than 8,000 obscenities, is due to be aired on BBC2 on Saturday, but Mid-Worcestershire MP Mr Luff (left) has written to BBC director-general Mark Thompson urging him to axe it.

"I consider myself to be broad-minded, but this show was seriously objectionable," said Mr Luff, who saw the play at London's Cambridge Theatre.

Also

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4184403.stm

quote:

A senior Tory MP launched an attack on the website of CBBC's Dick and Dom in da Bungalow in the Commons, asking whether it was in the public taste.

Peter Luff, the Conservative MP for mid-Worcestershire, attacked site for depicting "grossly embarrassing personal situations".

He invited Culture Secretary Tessa Jowell to his office to watch the show.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
thanks, yeah, it's not just them evil muslims who want to ban cultural works.

e/ loving LOL at the dick and dom in da bungalow poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

What's her forums name?

HorseLord is Dianne Abbott and I claim my five pounds.

• Locked thread