Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Not a viking posted:

Source on that?

infinity wiki posted:

This specific special effect does not apply to: Units whose Wounds Attribute is higher than 1 on their profile (such as Heavy Infantry).

http://wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Shock_Special_Ammunition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
'This specific special rules does not apply to:

Units whose Wounds Attribute is higher than 1 on there profile (such as Heavy Infantry)
(and a couple of other cases)'

Page 114 of the rules, Shock Ammunition
(115 in the pdf)

^^^I type *fast* !

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Source: Five years of people asking this exact same question. Including me when I started. It's not intuitive, but it's there.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Please note I never doubted you, I just like to know where to point out this next time my Charontid lays waste to haqq snipers and mines.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 7, 2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I was inspired by stuff I heard about how TAGs often become the focal point of the game while they're still alive on the table. So why not bring a TAG to make a scene while everyone else actually gets stuff done? Zeroes kick rear end, I've got Hackers and Repeaters up the rear end for Enhanced Reaction shenanigans if nothing else, and lol at having a WIP 15 engineer/hacker on the same model (get hosed PanO, your engineer [singular] is terrible). Also 3 FOs and 2 Sat-Locks boosted by an EVO Repeater for the Vertigo Zond with 5 orders available to it for some fire support. I'm hoping it works out as well in real life as it does in my head.

I wanted to get another Zond box to make the Transductor Zonds but my store was out, so now I'm considering getting some Fugazi Dronbots, adding bits to make them look junkier, and then painting them in my Bakunin white/orange scheme. I still need to track down another Zero though; my store is also out of the crouching Combi Rifle one and I don't want to double up on identical models by getting another E/Mauler one. I might also do up one of my Palbots as a Bakunin Zondbot because PanO has bad engineers and doctors and I don't feel like getting the Nomad support box when I have Zoe :swoon:

Edit: I assembled my Salyut Zond "wrong" because I wasn't looking at the box and it felt natural to glue the bits on looking like rabbit ears, but judging from other people's models I wasn't the only one to have that thought so I'm keeping it

Jurisdictional Command of Bakunin
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 9 0 0
LIZARD MULTI HMG, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 87)
ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (28)
PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (19)
ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (3)
ZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (19)
ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (17)
TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)
SALYUT (EVO Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 13)

Group 2 5 0 0
MODERATOR Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 9)
MODERATOR Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
MODERATOR Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (11)
TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)
VERTIGO ZOND Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 8, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

3 Zeroes and a Lizard, that is pretty hitler. The Lizzie is hugely underrated imo for the sectorial it's in.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I don't 'get' Zoe and Piwell in a Sectorial that has Reverend Custodiers

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

WAR FOOT posted:

Custodier is great but Zoe and Pi-Well are still a Hacker, Engineer, Forward Observer, and Repeater in two models.

Edit: Bakunin and Nomads at large have great MI but as Bakunin I keep feeling like I have trouble fitting them in while having everything else I want :ohdear:

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 8, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

Custodier is great but Zoe and Pi-Well are still a Hacker, Engineer, Forward Observer, and Repeater in two models.

two fifty point, fragile af models

expensive models on the other side of the table make my ninja fully erect

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

If they turn out to be a huge liability I can swap Zoe and Pi-Well for a Reverend Custodier Lieutenant and a Clockmaker while ditching the Zondbot and dropping the Moderator LT and Paramedic down to normal ones. drat if Bakunin doesn't have limited LT options

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
No Uhlans, no cry.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
CB lied, Uhlans died.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

WAR FOOT posted:

Because you don't buy them for the hacker, even though the hacker is still solid in a sectorial that has custodiers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

CB lied, Uhlans died.
when my reich begins these people will be put against the wall first

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Cyclomatic posted:

Because you don't buy them for the hacker, even though the hacker is still solid in a sectorial that has custodiers.

I mainly like the pair because I needed an Engineer, and I'd also like more standard Hackers (for Enhanced Reaction on my Zonds, at the very least), more Forward Observers, more Repeaters, and more Sat-Locks. The two of them have all of that. They're not the most survivable but Zoe can hide behind a Zondbot and Repeaters and Pi-Well has ODD.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

According to Mayacast, sounds like Govads are finally going to be gettin a release January.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If they'd released them last January, I'd have bought them.

Now I'm less certain. The shine is off the profiles.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I'd want them as a solid link alternative to the Muyibs in HB, but haven't actually played around with the sect enough to know if they're a must buy or something to pick up later. I haven't even run a Muyib link yet.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

tbh they coulda released govads and not bolts and I dont think anyone would have cared that bolts got delayed or had no models

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I didn't like Muyibs in N2, but now that Dogged works during the reactive turn...

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Full list of releases for January as announced by MayaCast:

Ariadna - Desperados

CA - Oznat with vulkan shotgun

Haqq - Govads

Yu-Jing - Hac Tao hacker

PanO . something no details

Dissappointing no Nomads, but you can't win 'em all. I will have that Bandit someday. Got enough to get on with painting anyway, and even on top of that I'm tempted to buy some Geckos and basic Zonds.

So I played an excellent game against Yu Jing tonight. An opponent who has beaten me before and takes very cool vanilla Yu Jing lists. I fielded a list which worked well for me at my last tournament and will probably take again, maybe with a minor tweak -
Jurisdictional Command of Corregidor
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 9 1 0
ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
ALGUACIL (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
ALGUACIL Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
ALGUACIL HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
ALGUACIL Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 15)
INTRUDER Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (35)
INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
BANDIT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 28)
MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)

Group 2 6 0 0
JAGUAR Adhesive Launcher, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 13)
JAGUAR Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (13)
JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (10)
LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (26)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

He took a similar model count, with 4 Kuang Shi plus controller, a couple line infantry, with a stock hacker and engineer, a single Shaolin monk, a total reaction bot and a sensor bot, two camo tokens which turned out to be a Guilang FO and a Raiden HRL. Oh, and a GuiJia TAG. Pretty fierce list to see deployed against you but I was going first (he chose to have deployment, taking a very good high ground position with his ARO pieces) and he chose not to strip any orders. I guess he thought there were better uses for comd tokens in his list.

Highly Classified: Forward Observe/Spotlight the Enemy. Forward Observe/Spotlight the HVT. Data Scan the Enemy. Data Scan the HVT.
Quite a FO/Hacker heavy draw there!

My Turn 1:
- I immediately punked the TR remote with my HMG Intruder, pretty much my standard opening move although I'm lucky he was in the right position to try it, since I used the Bandit Hacker as my reserve placement. Spent a second order to finish it to complete destruction as he had an Engineer G:Servant in place behind it.
- Move my second group, the Jaguars, linked, up the table. Risked an ARO from his Camo marker, I didn't actually think he'd reveal it but he did, to be the Raiden HRL. It took out one Jaguar over an order or two, then I used the Intruder from group 1 to take him out. That's both my opponent's strong ARO positions gone.
- Panzerfaust Jaguar, tubes empty, doggedly leads his link forward, trying to ADHL the TAG but loses a FtF and that Multi HMG blows him to shreds. Jaguars run short of orders but lay behind a smokescreen to give my opponent a problem in his turn.
- Here I make a possible mistake. I move my Bandit up through the Jaguar's route, get confused on where my smoke is, try to surprise ADHL the TAG, get corrected about smoke, and try to Hack/Spotlight his HVT. I fail several orders, and rather than swing in the wind, I push myself through the smoke into combat with the GuiJia!
- Finally I put the Moran Masais and Intruder HMG on suppression. End turn.

His Turn 1:
- He did impetuous, nothing much happened.
- He brought in a Tiger Soldier! I was very much caught by surprised, didn't realise he could fit one in with a TAG and so many models. However here his combat group organisation bit him on the arse, the Tiger was in the second group with some ARO pieces which had been killed. He was unlucky in one order to kill my Intruder HMG (it really was a very good combat drop placement) and that was him run out.
- He did move a few models with coord-orders, including a GuiLang skirmisher up the flank and FO'd my HVT, gaining a classified. During this maneuvering about I did also manage to ARO FO with a linked Alguacil, getting a classified also.
- My opponent was in a real quandary all turn about how to deal with his TAG being in a combat. He tried coord-order shooting into combat, he tried fighting, nothing worked, and both models actually died to into-combat shooting, he revived the TAG with an Engineer G:Servant, but with his very last order. I feel quite bad for not tipping him off to just coord-order the Kuang Shi into the combat, then fight with the GuiJia (CC19) on 4 dice! But I thought that was over the line of what was required by good sportsmanship. With I'd got a picture of his model in Close Combat with my Senor Massacre/Bandit proxy though. He painted it like a Hac Tao, it was pretty cool.

My Turn 2:
- Felt I had the whip hand here. Moved my Moran Masai in the centre, took out a couple of his backline models, line infantry and Kuang Shi etc. This opened the way to kill more with the remaining Jaguars, then pop one back into CC with his TAG. I killed his Lt at this point.
- I FO'd his HVT, taking me to 2 classifieds. I also Coup de Graced, getting my own secret classified.
- I maneuvered the Intruder HMG around and picked up a couple more of his models.

His Turn 2:
- He was in LoL. His TAG tried to fight, it was inconclusive.
- A Kuang Shi tried to suicide-chainrifle a Moran Masai, who dodged, and a Jaguar shotgun took out the Kuang Shi.
- A FO remote tried to FO an Intruder HMG, who took it out. One shot, one kill! Intruder!
- He had nothing else left.

My Turn 3:
- Only the TAG survives, locked in CC on 1W with a single Jaguar.
- I moved the Intruder HMG, shot into CC and took it out.
- I moved to Secure HVT (I am sure you can do this for one of the open classifieds in this mission, right?)

Game ends with him wiped before his 3rd turn. I have 3 of the 4 open objectives, more than him, and my own secret one, making it a 9-1 Victory! Very happy with that result, but I did have better luck than him from turn 2 onward. I think this demoralised him as a result, and he maybe spent his orders more rashly both from that, and because he didn't realise how to get his TAG out of combat. Could easily have been different.

Learning points are to not use the Bandit so agressively when he is the list's only hacker, something I should maybe fix, and I usually get wrong. I also may replace the Lunokhod. I like it in theory, but it doesn't normally do much as I spend the orders throwing the Jaguar link around. Will try to figure out a way to swap it for a TR bot and/or get another hacker in the list.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I don't 'get' the Guija. Or most 'standard' TAGs, really.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

WAR FOOT posted:

I saw the old Guija model. I get it. It's like a big chubby baby with a sword. Who wouldn't want that on the field?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

Do you mean tactically? I think the GuiJia and its peers, like the Lizard or Raicho, make a lot more sense than the lighter TAGs in some ways. When I take an Iguana I often feel the pinch of its size and cost over a firepower LI/MI/HI. That Multi HMG and 8 ARM are pretty useful. Like a lot of units it's all how you use it, I was very keen to pin it down immediately and stop it beasting through my guys at range - big size makes it easy to use that model offensively to provoke AROs, and realistically almost any ARO will be tankable, or can be beaten by 4 high-BS shots.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Have they ever said when they will be making a Tunguska list for Nomads?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Black_Nexus posted:

Have they ever said when they will be making a Tunguska list for Nomads?

It is not going to be in the release of Human Sphere N3 (expected early 2016). The only new sectorials in there will be USAriadna and the CA Onyx Force, with Shasvasti and Merovingians 'removed', ie staying in the game but not yet completely overhauled. Tunguska is not expeceted to become a fully playable sectorial until the release of the next expansion, release date unknown.

TL;DR: I'd bet on a good 2 year wait from now.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Can I get a rules clarification ?
I'm new, and don't know all the rules clearly yet...

The other night I managed to kill the Lieutenant for the first time... in my Active turn.
Now, I thought, that put my opponent into 'Loss of Lieutenant' for hes next turn, and he can then appoint one for free- at the End of that turn.

But the guy I was playing just played a Command Token down, and said 'oh, if you kill him in My turn, I'm screwed, but I just spend a CT and change Lieutenant'

As he brought an AD guy on next turn, and spent more than a few orders on him to kill a couple of by backfield guys - being irregular would have made quite a difference.

I've looked both in the (printed) rules, and the wiki and I think my reading is the right one - can't see anywhere that lets you spent command tokens to get a new Lieutenant.. if I'm wrong, can someone show me where it is ?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Renfield posted:

But the guy I was playing just played a Command Token down, and said 'oh, if you kill him in My turn, I'm screwed, but I just spend a CT and change Lieutenant'

He's full of poo poo. There is no such rule.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I thought so, but he's Very 'assertive' and I didn't want Another huge argument in a game (he called me on running 2 G:Servant bots on a medic.. which I can do, but for each order I spend, I can only use one of them.... he's still not accepting that, even though the FLGS Staff.. and Op of this Thread have confirmed it)

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah, absolutely full of poo poo. I hope he's not the only opponent you've got, because he sounds pretty willfully ignorant if not outright cheating.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Trying to remember who you played mate, shoot me a pm.

We have a pretty good group, so hearing this is bugging me quite a bit.

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties
See this makes me sad, I had my very first game last week of infinity, the guy helping me plays loads and is very active in the scene yet he went easy on me, let me be stupid about the rules and I had a great time.

I'm really hopeful that Infinity will give me the game with the fun scene I've always looked for but hearing that even with these really clearly written rules (compared to GW) that people will still argue things fills me with dread!

Here's hoping London keeps those people to the minimum :)

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Having veteran players around keeps this poo poo to a minimum. Also, if it sounds fishy don't be afraid to say, "i have never heard the role explained that way. Could you please find it in the rulebook, and explain it to me?"

At a tournament if you get that feeling, dont be afraid to shout for a judge. Little rules calls can be cleared up quickly and educate everyone within earshot.

I think it is more of a symptom of new players or people who read what they wanted to see, as opposed to assholes.

Assholes get drummed out over time through peer pressure/never getting games.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
I played my first ITS mission yesterday against an opponent I met on a local Infinity FB group. Turns out he lives five minutes away from me, so I went over and was blown away by his lovely collection of paper craft terrain. He had also printed out all the Classified objectives and ITS scenarios/rules. He said he hadn't played much since N2, and I've only flubbed my way through three no objective shoot'em up style learning games. But I had played against some knowledgeable opponents that really helped me get a handle on the rules.

So we were playing Seize the Antenna and he ended up winning by the narrowest of margins 4-3. We each snagged an antenna and during my last turn he manages to crit the specialists I had closest to his antenna. So I run rampant with my Father Knight, trying to clear the ZoC of both HVT only to be one order short of removing his AD HMG trooper (I think it was an Assassin - never played against Haqq before so not sure). He ended up being just barely inside the ZoC of my HVT. It was a really tight game!

My two MVP's were my MSR Nisse hiding in a watch tower - he was dead by the end of turn one but he locked down the board and my oppoent spent half his order pool and a few models trying to take him out. The second was my Spitfire Hexa - just absolutely vicious! She was my main ARO piece after the Nisse went down and from turn two until turn three she caused havoc. He spent at least 75% of his orders trying to kill her, but with TO camo, cover, and being in his bad range band he was hitting on -12 to -6 at best. I didn't even put her on suppression fire, but I did roll two crits with her. It seemed like all of our big "I need to make this" rolls ended up being critical hits and that somehow made the game more dynamic and exciting. I don't think I've ever had so much fun losing a game tbh. All because he stuck his combat jump landing with a crit!

Apropos the potentially cheating guy and his command token for a new Lieutenant rules; one thing that I find very different about Infinity is that it seems very collaborative. You're not trying to help your opponent win, but you're alerting them of potential ARO's (and they are doing the same for you) - and that's very important because the game is so much about intent. Then you are working out your modifiers and rolls together so that you both know what you need, and what your opponent needs. And if you're both green around the edges like my opponent and I, you may even be suggesting alternate AROs. So as long as you are describing what you mean to do, as you do it, your opponent is confirming things from their perspective - it doesn't allow for much cheating. Unless the person has a rule backwards, or is just flat out lying. But I imagine that due to the nature of the game, abusive players that bully newbies will be singled out very, very quickly.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I agree with the above points about the potential cheater. Obviously I wish Renfield (and Flipswitch, sounds like you're in the same group) good luck dealing with it. Dude's innocent until proven guilty, but christ. Sounds very much like a though process of 'I'm in the poo poo. What do I do? Ah, make something up'. But almost no-one will admit to something like that if you put their back against the wall. As Sir Teabag says, that kind of thing doesn't last too long in Infinity groups. I think because unethical players have the rope to hang themselves with, and secret info is such a big part of the game, a whiff of cheating will really stop someone getting games. Or I would hope.

Sir Teabag posted:

I played my first ITS mission yesterday against an opponent I met on a local Infinity FB group. Turns out he lives five minutes away from me, so I went over and was blown away by his lovely collection of paper craft terrain. He had also printed out all the Classified objectives and ITS scenarios/rules. He said he hadn't played much since N2, and I've only flubbed my way through three no objective shoot'em up style learning games. But I had played against some knowledgeable opponents that really helped me get a handle on the rules.

So we were playing Seize the Antenna and he ended up winning by the narrowest of margins 4-3. We each snagged an antenna and during my last turn he manages to crit the specialists I had closest to his antenna. So I run rampant with my Father Knight, trying to clear the ZoC of both HVT only to be one order short of removing his AD HMG trooper (I think it was an Assassin - never played against Haqq before so not sure). He ended up being just barely inside the ZoC of my HVT. It was a really tight game!

My two MVP's were my MSR Nisse hiding in a watch tower - he was dead by the end of turn one but he locked down the board and my oppoent spent half his order pool and a few models trying to take him out. The second was my Spitfire Hexa - just absolutely vicious! She was my main ARO piece after the Nisse went down and from turn two until turn three she caused havoc. He spent at least 75% of his orders trying to kill her, but with TO camo, cover, and being in his bad range band he was hitting on -12 to -6 at best. I didn't even put her on suppression fire, but I did roll two crits with her. It seemed like all of our big "I need to make this" rolls ended up being critical hits and that somehow made the game more dynamic and exciting. I don't think I've ever had so much fun losing a game tbh. All because he stuck his combat jump landing with a crit!

Sounds like a good game. I'm sure you'll see once you've played a variety of ITS, some missions like that one really favour large armies with plenty of specialists. In some other missions, those are useful but don't have to be taken to the extreme, but missions which have numerous specialist-demanding objectives in play at once tend to be polarising. Almost all the criticism I have seen of Infinity's rules recently (not all of which I believe is justified) centres on this perceived demand for order and specialist spam to win at ITS.

Do any of you UK players live in the Midlands? I'm stuck up here near Telford and I basically have to go to Shrewsbury or Birmingham for a game, neither of which are quite ideal in distance or number of opponents.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
He's not actually from here, just staying in the area for a few months (He's lodging in the same road I live in); the group from the FLGS are all great - either very knowledgeable and fair, or let-have-a-few-beers-and-it-doesn't-really-matter types (Helps that the FLGS has a bar) - it's a fantastic place to play, and one of the reasons I moved here !

This guy knows I'm new, and in my 2nd ever game insisted on playing ITS Highly Classified, when I'd not even seen a classified deck, with link-teams and as many special rules as possible.
The same game I mentioned in the post above (with Loss of Lieut), he also pulled different AROs for members of the same link team (Discover on 2 and 'wait' on the others), and decided that The Armoury was a Nimbus Zone (while bringing Heavy Flamethrowers to the game).

I got a couple of things wrong - I thought I could activate my G:Servants with one order- I know better now, and I thought that Impetuous orders had to be cancelled with a Regular order (not just Extreamly Impetuous ones).

I'm just not going to play him again, as there are better and more enjoyable people to play against at the club.

Renfield fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 11, 2016

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Renfield posted:

He's not actually from here, just staying in the area for a few months (He's lodging in the same road I live in); the group from the FLGS are all great - either very knowledgeable and fair, or let-have-a-few-beers-and-it-doesn't-really-matter types (Helps that the FLGS has a bar) - it's a fantastic place to play, and one of the reasons I moved here !

This guy knows I'm new, and in my 2nd ever game insisted on playing ITS Highly Classified, when I'd not even seen a classified deck, with link-teams and as many special rules as possible.
The same game I mentioned in the post above (with Loss of Lieut), he also pulled different AROs for members of the same link team (Discover on 2 and 'wait' on the others), and decided that The Armoury was a Nimbus Zone (while bringing Heavy Flamethrowers to the game).

I got a couple of things wrong - I thought I could activate my G:Servants with one order- I know better now, and I thought that Impetuous orders had to be cancelled with a Regular order (not just Extreamly Impetuous ones).

I'm just not going to play him again, as there are better and more enjoyable people to play against at the club.

That's probably your best move, especially while learning. Like I mentioned in my previous post, when you have a good opponent it's almost got a collaborative feel to it. I've only played four games myself, and only one of them was less than awesome, but that was more because of a language barrier between my opponent and I. And I can;'t fault him for my not speaking French, especially when he is doing his best in his second language.

If you watch a couple battle reps with ITS missions I think you'll get the hang of it wuickly. It seems overwhelming at first - but really it comes down to only having some of your pieces be able to make WIP tests to complete a task. Do your best to protect them as they move around the battle field and you won't go wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I have the N3 boxed book set, but what other books do I need? What book has rules for ALEPH and Tohaa armies?

• Locked thread