Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i haven't opened this program since 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angry Grimace posted:

Does it not matter that its literally impossible to cast under Blood Moon?

In their current form yeah, but its a almost certainly a fixable problem. I don't see why they couldn't run one "waste" and crack ghost quarter or something in response to blood moon to fetch one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh poo poo i have like 300 play points what are those

They're Disney Dollars

(You can enter 3 Flashback drafts with 300 Play Points)

Also if you have Mishra's Bauble (an uncommon from Coldsnap), loving sell all of them immediately because they are inexplicably worth a ton and will crater when the Flashback week for Coldsnap comes because they've never really been opened other than like 10 years ago.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 7, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

okay so i got the old MTGO account booted up, is there like a bulk sellbot i can sell these cards too to see if i have enough to get into the mirrodin draft?

Just be aware that true bulk on mtgo is almost completely worthless even if you can find a bot to buy it. There are some that will take it, but they basically consider themselves to be doing you a favor and you'll be lucky to get 1 tix per 1000 bulk cards.

Almost nothing except sought-after constructed rares and mythics and maybe a few under-printed commons and uncommons are worth anything on MTGO, but the cards that are worth something get close to paper values.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Also, I feel like opening Eye of Ugin in your prerelease pack is one of the dumbest lucksack bullshit things that could ever happen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

You have to deal with Moon in other ways. I haven't found it to be all that backbreaking for the deck though.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Blood Moon will forever be my favorite card in Modern.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

oh poo poo i have like 300 play points what are those

It's Wizards scrip. It has no value outside of the value that Wizards tells you it has and it's the majority of what they pay out in prizes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

You have to deal with Moon in other ways. I haven't found it to be all that backbreaking for the deck though.

I personally find Blood Moon to be a middling card against Tron although usually worth a slot, but it would shoot up quite a bit if I could shut off certain cards completely.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

unfortunately the bot didn't seem very interested in my draft lesvings from 2013

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Sort by rarity and check your mythics and rares against their database. Especially stuff that you know is constructed playable.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully
Also if you haven't opened MTGO since 2013, I feel compelled to remind you to make sure you're adding your cards to your active trade binder, so the bot can see them :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i am playing the worst white deck ever and my opponent scooped to bottle gnomes

i think i like this format

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
you guys, listen, he scooped to bottle gnomes

come the gently caress on this owns

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

you guys, listen, he scooped to bottle gnomes

come the gently caress on this owns

Now I just wanna know what the heck kind of deck can't beat a bottle gnomes.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Would you say you would gnominate this as the best format ever?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Static Equilibrium posted:

they kind of aggro deck that rely on 1 and 2 power creatures, it turns out

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

what format are you playing?

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Yotian soldier is a beast!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Star Man posted:

Blood Moon will forever be my favorite card in Modern.

Blood Moon is awesome but it's interesting how it has even more perceived value because of being a big fish in a tiny pond, nonbasic-hoser-wise. Like it feels as though Wizards sculpted the Modern format by neutering all the nonbasic hate (obviously not knowing that Modern as a format was going to be a thing, but as part of an ethos shift for "modern" design) so a lot of the sanity-checking tools you'd be used to having in, say, Legacy are conspicuously missing. Except they randomly reprinted Blood Moon in a couple of base sets. It seems almost like a (welcome) intruder from a different world, like an unfrozen caveman in a cheesy movie.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think Blood Moon promotes fun gameplay.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Angry Grimace posted:

They need the Sorin x Jace part in the actual card

also this card is Mirari's Wake except it costs 2 more which probably makes it EDH.card

Mirari's wake is 2 colors and gives +1/+1, not draw a card for creatures.

It does seem more like an EDH card since you only need green vs. G/W and costs a ton, but saying it's Wake + 2 mana isn't really accurate. I can't even think of any enchantments that are "cast a creature, draw a card".

And it seems like the Eldrazi deck may actually be pretty nasty in modern. I like the current processor versions but going Mimic/Seer/Reality Smasher on t1/t2/t3 seems like a beating. Whoever was comparing it to Jund I think is pretty on the money, especially since you get a lot of the disruption package.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 7, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

PleasantDirge posted:

Yotian soldier is a beast!

Actually it's a Soldier. Arcbound Ravager is a Beast, but it's also in Darksteel so you won't see it until next week.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Angry Grimace posted:

Wastes, bro!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mcmagic posted:

casting lightning bolt is pretty fun bro

with basic forest you can cast signal the clans, I don't know what else you want

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Ban all cards that give feelsbads. Tron lands don't promote fun gameplay either when there isn't any land hate.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Static Equilibrium posted:

bottle gnomes(+ corpse dance, preferably) was a real thing at tempest only PT

the big innovation in mono red for that tournament(and I swear I'm not making this up) was adding giant strength to your red deck so you could attack past bottle gnomes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Madmarker posted:

what format are you playing?

mirrodin, i lost the second round cause i didn't plan for the green artifact hate deck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sickening posted:

Ban all cards that give feelsbads. Tron lands don't promote fun gameplay either when there isn't any land hate.

They just printed a better Tron hoser than Blood Moon...

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

I don't think Blood Moon Tron Amulet Modern promotes fun gameplay.

FTFY

mcmagic posted:

They just printed a better Tron hoser than Blood Moon...

You mean the one that doesn't come down until turn 4 when you've already lost to Karn into Ulamog?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm not gonna argue with that. Modern is dumb.

quote:

You mean the one that doesn't come down until turn 4 when you've already lost to Karn into Ulamog?

T3 Tron is less than 20%.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

suicidesteve posted:

FTFY

Sometimes you are going to be on the play and it will win you the game!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I loving hate Tron. Although I have never actually seen it win a GP or SCG event. Lots of placing but never winning, I may not be remembering right though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I loving hate Tron. Although I have never actually seen it win a GP or SCG event. Lots of placing but never winning, I may not be remembering right though.

Ali Antrazi won a modern Invi with it last year.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

I agree with you? :P I can't imagine anyone thinks it makes for fun or good or interesting games, but if you have a card that says "you win!" when you play it against certain decks, whacha gonna do? Not just poo poo like Bloom either, I loved playing it against Jund they'd just look at their mana, look at bloodmoon, then topdeck for 5 or so minutes while I pecked them to death.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

I'm not gonna argue with that. Modern is dumb.

T3 Tron is less than 20%.

True. They also just printed a 2cmc charm that says "beat twin/counter crumble to dust/ramp out Ugin when you get that sweet natural Tron on t3. My friend who is quite good with Tron, 13-2 at GP Charlotte, top 8SCG States twice with it, etc. says he thinks 4 of 2 main/2side.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/296696#paper
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/334834#paper

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 7, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

suicidesteve posted:

Which card is this?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Niton posted:

Which card is this?

They're talking about Crumble to Dust.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

jassi007 posted:

You can even grab it off of ancient stirrings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

jassi007 posted:

Oh, I figured it was something in OGW the way they were talking about it :shobon:

• Locked thread