Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

OhFunny posted:

Edit: One free month of Marvel Unlimited with the promo code Force for new or former subscribers.
http://marvel.com/theforce?Dcom=HPRotator&cid=MUStarWars

Reminder to use the MU free month code before it expires at the end of the year.

Edit: There's a new promo code: COMICS16 is good until 01/10/16 and throws in a few free comics.

Baby Proof fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

unl33t posted:

Yes, it is. I cheaped out on my last phone purchase and got a stripped down Moto G figuring that I can just use the SD card for comics, but it only moves to the virtual SD card so I'm lucky if I can fit two small TPB sized collections before running out of space.
Once your phone gets Android 6 you can format your SD card to be a part of the phone's internal storage. Works great as long as you get a quality SD card.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baby Proof posted:

Reminder to use the MU free month code before it expires at the end of the year.

Edit: There's a new promo code: COMICS16 is good until 01/10/16 and throws in a few free comics.

I decided to take advantage of this and while it's awesome that there are so many comics on the service their IOS app leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully we will see some QOL updates soon.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

MarcusSA posted:

I decided to take advantage of this and while it's awesome that there are so many comics on the service their IOS app leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully we will see some QOL updates soon.

:cawg:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah the app's current IS after a QOL update.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah the app's current IS after a QOL update.

Well that sure is something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Valiant/comics-publisher/94-0?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2JyZWFkY3J1bWJz

From the sale I'll be catching up on Harbinger, finally finishing The Valiant (I'd wandered away two issues in previously), springing off that into Bloodshot Reborn (since that's Lemire, I'm guessing it's the most direct follow-up on The Valiant), doing Divinity cause it sounds interesting and Imperium.

Am I missing some vital thing in here? Not just other good series (I gotta stop spending somewhere), but anything that's crucial to understanding?
Do I need Unity for Imperium or anything like that?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 4, 2016

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
That's good. You should read Divinity for the second arc of Imperium. Harbinger has a couple crossover events you might care about, but if you want you can just read the Harbinger parts and be slightly confused. The armor hunters crossover is one of the best crossovers of all time, but the Harbinger part of it is sort of standalone. The Harbinger Wars crossover doesn't have as many issues and just crosses over with bloodshot, so perhaps that is worth a look.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DC's got an $8 per Volume 1 deal going on now - 16 titles for 2016.
Personally, I think Swamp Thing, Justice League United, Injustice, Sensation Comics, and Adventures of Superman are the cream of the crop in that selection.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Not Red Hood? :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kurtofan posted:

Not Red Hood? :v:

You know full well that its the greatest comic ever written

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

My subs on Comixology were a little weird this week, both in terms of release dates and end-user experience.
Injustice Year Five #3 shows as coming out Monday when it normally comes out on Tuesdays.
Batman '66 Meets The Man From U.N.C.L.E. came out today, when it normally comes out on Wednesdays.
Also, both chapters showed up as available for $0.99 until I tapped to add to cart, which caused Comixology to auto-correct with "we have removed items you have already purchased," changing them to "Download" items.
None of this is particularly troublesome, it just feels like a publisher & app that woke up from a nap. Happy New Year, I guess?

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Sorry for just jumping in here, but new year, new money. I was thinking of getting a tablet and using it for books/comic books. It only has 16gigs, and I was planning on getting a sd card. Am I reading right that comixology is only going to use internal memory and not the sd card unless the tablet has android 6 and can transform a sd card to internal storage?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Fade Out is half off with NOIR as the promo code. I've not read it but a) it's Brubaker/Phillips and b) I've heard really good things about it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

zoux posted:

The Fade Out is half off with NOIR as the promo code. I've not read it but a) it's Brubaker/Phillips and b) I've heard really good things about it.

Awesome, I remember doing this same thing with Fatale. Can't wait to read this.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The individual issues are also better than the traded as they have great articles on noir

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also cheaper.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

What is the cream of the crop of Valiant?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Harbinger, XO and Bloodshot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archer & Armstrong; Ivar, Timewalker.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Ninjak; Imperium

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah you're gonna regret not buying them all once you get going, much as I was with BPRD.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

bobkatt013 posted:

Everything but Dead Drop, and maybe Shadowman and 'Quantum and Woody'. Those last two are more divisive. Everyone hates Dead Drop though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also I wanna shout out The Valiant and Book of Death mini series because they were great, short, self contained stories that really kinda show off the universe in a cool way.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

zoux posted:

I'm gonna be a contrarian and say The Fade Out just isn't that good. I read the first 2-3 issues, and it just didn't do it for me. I like Bru, I like noir stuff, but it just never clicked. At half off though I guess it's fine.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I'm gonna be a contrarian and say The Fade Out just isn't that good. I read the first 2-3 issues, and it just didn't do it for me. I like Bru, I like noir stuff, but it just never clicked. At half off though I guess it's fine.

I like it a lot so far, but I'm a huge fan of James Ellroy, who covers the same era (L.A./Hollywood noir in the '40s and '50s), and so is Brubaker. I've only read the first two TPBs, but I like it more than Fatale, which for me didn't live up to its premise after the first volume.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Red-Sonja-Sale/page/9376?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw
You can get Simone's series cheap in the three collections before Marguerite Bennett's relaunch this week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's also recoloured re-releases of the Marvel Sonja stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mostly posting this to remind myself. New Humble Image Bundle benefiting the Human Rights Campaign. No idea what's in it because they're blocked at work!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Mostly posting this to remind myself. New Humble Image Bundle benefiting the Human Rights Campaign. No idea what's in it because they're blocked at work!

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Pay what you want for ODY-C Vol. 1, Virgil, Self-Obsessed, No Mercy, Phonogram Vol. 1, Wolf Vol. 1, Kaptara Vol. 1, Sunstone Vol. 1, Wytches Vol.1, and all of the daily free books from this bundle!

Pay more than the average price to also receive Outcast By Kirkman & Azaceta Vol. 1, Just the Tips, Saga Vol. 4, Injection Vol. 1, Trees Vol. 1, Jupiter's Circle Vol. 1, Rat Queens Special: Braga #1 and Nowhere Men Vol. 1.

Pay $20 or more for all of that plus Stray Bullets #1-41, Invincible Compendium (Issues #1-47), Wayward Deluxe Edition Vol. 1, Bitch Planet Vol. 1, and Low Vol. 1.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Holy crap. Throw your money at that for all of Stray Bullets at least!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanks! I'll probably snag that even though I have most everything I'm interested in one format or another. Anyone know where ODY-C Vol. 1 ends? I dropped it in singles, but mostly because it didn't really lend itself to storytelling like that and I'm curious how it reads in a big chunk.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
ComicBookDB says it's issues 1-5.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

The average is already over 14 so forking over the extra to hit 20 is a no brainer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Sorry for just jumping in here, but new year, new money. I was thinking of getting a tablet and using it for books/comic books. It only has 16gigs, and I was planning on getting a sd card. Am I reading right that comixology is only going to use internal memory and not the sd card unless the tablet has android 6 and can transform a sd card to internal storage?

You can also root your device and use link2SD for older versions, it's what I did with a 64gb mircoSD.

Still I'm looking forward to Android 6 if it allows you to merge an SD to act like internal storage.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Spera-Sale/page/9425

https://www.comixology.com/Roche-Limit-Sale/page/9424

https://www.comixology.com/Wool-Sale/page/9426

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Is there an RSS feed I can follow to see all the comiXology sales? ComiXology itself had a news feed, but they stopped posting sales on it. I follow their tumblr, but the new person running it spams a dozen long posts every day and it's super easy to miss the actual sales in there. It's annoying and I want to stop follow it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Legends-of-Tomorrow-Sale/page/9407
Blackest Night
Brightest Day
N52 Justice League #30-39 cause Captain Cold is sort of on the team (It's also when Johns JL finally got good.)
Demon Knights
Green Arrow & Black Canary
Geoff Johns' Hawkman/Walt Simonson's Hawkgirl
The Fury of Firestorm
Power of the Atom
Sword of the Atom
Salvation Run
Justice League Task Force (assorted Vandal Savage issues)
The Ray #14-18
Time Masters
Time Masters: Vanishing Point

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

"Omnibus" seems like a pretty big stretch for a 156 page GN, of which 20 pages are sketches and extras. The book was awesome, however so I'm curious if the comic is/was too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Syrinxx posted:

"Omnibus" seems like a pretty big stretch for a 156 page GN, of which 20 pages are sketches and extras. The book was awesome, however so I'm curious if the comic is/was too.

I think the book is much better but it's not a bad comic if you've already read the original. I think my biggest problem was that the art doesn't convey the claustrophobic conditions of life in the silo very well and describing the atmosphere and tone of places is Howey's greatest strength.