Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

White Coke posted:

Not only are there blond haired, blue eyed hispanic people there are Hispanic people who come from many diverse backgrounds such as this former President of Peru: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberto_Fujimori

I don't expect any better from Grace since those of us from the US are all terribly racist, but Dan's Canadian. There's a higher standard he has to live up to.

To be fair I was making fun of how a blonde haired blue eyed woman suddenly conveniently appears in almost every game at some point :v: MGS2 is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

That's my type too until Kojima starts getting weird about ages. I'm not really a fan of Paz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

Congratulations Pinkie-chan. :allears:

dan put up a picture of Pinkie-chan and her boyfriend

(what was her boyfriend's name? Lesser-kun?)

EDIT:

Danaru posted:

To be fair I was making fun of how a blonde haired blue eyed woman suddenly conveniently appears in almost every game at some point :v: MGS2 is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

:confused:

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 5, 2016

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Danaru posted:

That's my type too until Kojima starts getting weird about ages. I'm not really a fan of Paz.

Paz is cute, but the whole "PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE!" thing is kinda grating. I'm starting to like Amanda more with her being a revolutionary bad-rear end who likes cigars.

You know, it is kinda weird: In MGS1, it seems that all the ladies have a kind of crush/attraction towards Snake, from Mei "Solitaan Radaaa" Ling to even Naomi "You killed my brother!!" Campbell. There's a bit of that in MGS2 with Olga, but then we get Raiden and he's so different this doesn't come into play (that, and Rose keeps calling him). In MGS3, it's divided eqaully between the Boss and Eva (and Ocelot :v: ).

And now here it seems like we're going back to the MGS1 model. Except that Snake Boss seems to still be hung up on the Boss.

Then we get to MGS4 where it's even weirder.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Haha holy poo poo I forgot her eyes were blue :v: Kojima isn't subtle

Also yeah, his name is Lesser-Kun, as in Lesser Panda :v:

Kal-L posted:

Paz is cute, but the whole "PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE!" thing is kinda grating. I'm starting to like Amanda more with her being a revolutionary bad-rear end who likes cigars.

Amanda is cool, she also treats injuries the same way I do as you guys will see in a couple episodes. Grace doesn't like that very much.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well Portable Ops also had a 12 year old girl cuddle up to a naked Big Boss so she could psychically give him information. So it could be worse :shepicide:

That's one of the reasons I frown at the PSP MGS games.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kal-L posted:

Naomi "You killed my brother!!" Campbell.

Think you meant "Hunter" here. Not trying to be pedantic, just not sure if you made a mistake and wrote the wrong name or not.

SSNeoman posted:

Well Portable Ops also had a 12 year old girl cuddle up to a naked Big Boss so she could psychically give him information. So it could be worse :shepicide:

That's one of the reasons I frown at the PSP MGS games.

I don't remember her being that young... Granted, I mainly remember her voice. She certainly did not sound like any 12-year-old I've ever known. At worst I would have said she's 16 like Paz.

Also, just to be clear, 16 is legal in many US states and is certainly legal in Japan.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Still creepy, legal or not.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

NikkolasKing posted:

Think you meant "Hunter" here. Not trying to be pedantic, just not sure if you made a mistake and wrote the wrong name or not.

I don't remember her being that young... Granted, I mainly remember her voice. She certainly did not sound like any 12-year-old I've ever known. At worst I would have said she's 16 like Paz.

Also, just to be clear, 16 is legal in many US states and is certainly legal in Japan.

Yeah, you're right. It's Naomi Hunter, my bad.

As for the age thing... eh, different countries have different rules. For instance, I find it stupid that the U.S. thinks you're fine to go fight in a war at 18, but have to wait until you're 21 to drink alcohol.

In any case, isn't Paz's real age more like 20's? So, it's only creepy if you think all girls who don't have boobs are underage, and if so, shame on you! Small boobed (adult) girls are people too. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, technically speaking the characters don't know that. Paz doesn't reveal that until way late in the story, after she has already been sufficiently creeped on by a couple people.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

She's in her 20s but the cutscenes all made her look waaaay younger. Especially due to the height difference between her and Big Boss.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Well, technically speaking the characters don't know that. Paz doesn't reveal that until way late in the story, after she has already been sufficiently creeped on by a couple people.

I think part of it was to create a waifu for all the teen users of the PSP. They even made her do a music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_5R_DMCJA

On the other hand, I've read some 70's novels, and many of them deal with the theme of older people being with younger people, and exploring sexuality, so at least it's thematically and era appropiate...

Doesn't mean Kaz and Strangelove aren't huge perverts, of course.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Peace Walker is also the video game that has Miller and Big Boss play-fight naked in the sauna and then take their naked-play-wrestling out onto the deck as described in great detail by Paz, so don't worry, the weird sexual overtones go every which way as is Kojima's MO by now.

Unfortunately this extremely awkward and incredible firsthand version of the events is only in the japanese extra disc (it was an audio drama of the game on CD) and was not localized for the english game. I was going to wait to mention this amazing horseshit until way later in the LP but I got antsy and I don't think Dan n' Grace are going to listen to the relevant tapes so oh well here goes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaABZqW4DNg

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 6, 2016

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Kal-L posted:

I think part of it was to create a waifu for all the teen users of the PSP. They even made her do a music video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_5R_DMCJA

On the other hand, I've read some 70's novels, and many of them deal with the theme of older people being with younger people, and exploring sexuality, so at least it's thematically and era appropiate...

Doesn't mean Kaz and Strangelove aren't huge perverts, of course.

I think the music video thing is just because Paz's Japanese voice actor is Nana Mizuki, a pretty famous pop singer in japan.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's also why Love Deterrence's credits list it as being sung by Paz... because in the japanese version it literally is :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nyagato posted:

I think the music video thing is just because Paz's Japanese voice actor is Nana Mizuki, a pretty famous pop singer in japan.

Nana Mizuki's dedication to her craft borders on insanity.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Nyagato posted:

There's a quote from Kojima that the music video was essentially the younger development staff just messing around and thought it was funny.

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/31991-kojima-responds-to-mgs-peace-walker-music-video-controversy/

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

There's a quote from Kojima that the music video was essentially the younger development staff just messing around and thought it was funny.

http://www.gamegrep.com/news/31991-kojima-responds-to-mgs-peace-walker-music-video-controversy/

Oh that's why then. It just seems like Nana Mizuki does this kind of stuff in everything she's in.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WaltherFeng posted:

Unrelated to the quote from Kojimbo himself but I love this stupid article. The title:

quote:

Kojima Responds To MGS: Peace Walker Music Video Controversy

And halfway in:

quote:

Okay... perhaps "controversy" isn't the right word. But some fans do appear to be alarmed at what they saw in this Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker video.

Like come on lol, really? Journalism.txt

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That music video is goofy, over the top and a little confusing, I don't know what those people are talking about, it's prime Metal Gear and I love it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CJacobs posted:

Unfortunately this extremely awkward and incredible firsthand version of the events is only in the japanese extra disc (it was an audio drama of the game on CD) and was not localized for the english game. I was going to wait to mention this amazing horseshit until way later in the LP but I got antsy and I don't think Dan n' Grace are going to listen to the relevant tapes so oh well here goes!

We'll be listening to tapes, but since we were already decently drunk before starting the first episode due to complications, I figured we'd better wait until we're sober(ish) to start the tape stuff.

Also much like many Sonic songs, I used to ironically love Love Deterrence until I started loving it unironically.

It's just super catchy :saddowns:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Danaru posted:

We'll be listening to tapes, but since we were already decently drunk before starting the first episode due to complications, I figured we'd better wait until we're sober(ish) to start the tape stuff.

Even better. Dehumanize yourself and face to barely-contained homoeroticism :unsmigghh:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 3 - Hombre Nuevo

Fun drinking game! Take a drink every time I tell Grace to do something and he does the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Only through this mission did Big Boss discover Tortilla Chips.

And he has assigned a team to work on improving them.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

After everything Big Boss has been through, I'm surprised he questions the existence of Basilisks. MGS characters have weird priorities.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

After everything Big Boss has been through, I'm surprised he questions the existence of Basilisks. MGS characters have weird priorities.

To be fair it's the same guy who thought discovered that eating glowing mushrooms recharges your batteries. He's not the sharpest ball in the pit

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I gotta admit, the talk with Chico really kinda showed why so many people basically worship BB in the earlier games. Dude's got charisma when he wants it.

I was not prepared for the 1-2 punch of well written characterization followed by talk of dinosaurs.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

Choco1980 posted:

I was not prepared for the 1-2 punch of well written characterization followed by talk of dinosaurs.

Kojima as gently caress

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Pandas are good for war cries that are metal as gently caress. Not the best for stealth.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
R.I.P. Substance :(

So many bad memories of PW flooding back as I watch these videos. Obnoxious bosses, Kaz never shutting up about picking up mans and items you're full up on, grinding, and Snakes out of control hair in cutscenes. I did see you pass by the "transfarring" option in the menu which made chuckle.

Oh no, I could hear Snake's voice finally hit full gruff when he said cargo. We've finally arrived.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 4 - Sleepy-Pants

Our drunken rampage through Costa Rica continues, and our shenanigans have apparently EXTREMELY pissed off the Peace Sentinel.

Just to clarify, with this episode we started skipping a lot of the Mother Base management, mainly because I'm the kind of guy who will spend an hour squeezing out an extra R&D rank. We'll be leaving in most of the results and cutting out the menu traversal.

Danaru posted:

Fun drinking game! Take a drink every time I tell Grace to do something and he does the EXACT OPPOSITE.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 10, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this is the bitchy part about capturing vehicles.

If the vehicle hasn't detected you, then all you need to do is take out the guys who are around it + reinforcements. That's usually 8-ish people all in all give or take. Then the commander pops out. Tranq him, vehicle get.

If you DO get detected by the vehicle, enemies will spawn in waves. So what you need to do is to destroy 3 bars of health and then tranq the surrounding guys. Then the commander pops out and you can take him out. Vehicle get.

Sometimes he just won't pop out because gently caress you that's why.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

The Love Box, dudes getting dunked on, Grace never following instructions, editing animal sounds over Grace talking about butt stuff for the millionth time, Jungle Strike callbacks, and ending with everything inevitably falling apart and exploding to death. A good episode.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
You fought the tank, and the tank won.

This joke would have been SO MUCH BETTER if it had been a LAV. Alas.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mikl posted:

This joke would have been SO MUCH BETTER if it had been a LAV. Alas.

Tanks anyway :v: Grace hates how much I LAV puns

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Broken Box posted:

The Love Box, dudes getting dunked on, Grace never following instructions, editing animal sounds over Grace talking about butt stuff for the millionth time, Jungle Strike callbacks, and ending with everything inevitably falling apart and exploding to death. A good episode.

There is nothing I can add to this post.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Wait, wasn't that some red panda over Dan, too?

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Nothing unusual about that, butt stuff's fun for everyone.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ZeeToo posted:

Wait, wasn't that some red panda over Dan, too?

I tend to get uh, over talkative when I get drunk. :cripes:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 11, 2016

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie

Danaru posted:

I tend to get uh, over talkative when I get drunk. :cripes:

I think the fact that you censor out sex-talk but you leave in a 10+ seconds long belch gives this LP a certain charm that's lacking elsewhere.

Sometimes when you guys are standing near each other, an icon pops up that implies that you can give each other a high five. Is that what it means? If so, why aren't you doing it constantly, all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Man the end of that episode tanked pretty hard.

Skrewtape posted:

Sometimes when you guys are standing near each other, an icon pops up that implies that you can give each other a high five. Is that what it means? If so, why aren't you doing it constantly, all the time?

Yeah I was wondering this too.