Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Madcosby posted:

this is cool how much does it cost $800? $1000?
$20 or $30 with all the DLC.

At that price, it just can't be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TTerrible posted:

Sandi, while being a total nightmare in relations to SC is a model and has kids so I don't think her modelling for "Expecting Models" is that big of a deal. Not entirely sure how her bust size figures into her hilariously bad CS emails.

There is enough to poke fun at without doing this, goons. Be better.

Why is making fun of her tits a problem for you? I don't see you making a stand over us making fun of Ben being fat or Chris having a muffin top.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So what's the story behind goons nuking Jita?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

pfft, we will be able to do that PLUS way more in STAR MARINE!

In STAR MARINE you can do anything@!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Why is making fun of her tits a problem for you? I don't see you making a stand over us making fun of Ben being fat or Chris having a muffin top.

I'm not really making a stand, it was one post. I've also got no issue with the posts about her being an evil succubus with a paralysed face - I just thought "Look at this model that has had children modelling for a maternity clothes line!" posts a bit weird when she is currently having a far more entertaining meltdown. Fair point on the tits though, I guess if we can laugh at Bens we can laugh at hers.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

DerekSmart DerekSmart DerekSmart

Dolvak wants to do an interview with you.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirPhoebos posted:

I think this is what they're referencing http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/observing-the-burn-jita-player-event/

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

"I'm bored"

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Kakarot posted:

pfft, we will be able to do that PLUS way more in STAR MARINE!

In STAR MARINE you can do anything@!

You really can.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Can someone repost the gif of Padme saying "You're Breaking My Immersion!"

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TTerrible posted:

I'm not really making a stand, it was one post. I've also got no issue with the posts about her being an evil succubus with a paralysed face - I just thought "Look at this model that has had children modelling for a maternity clothes line!" posts a bit weird when she is currently having a far more entertaining meltdown. Fair point on the tits though, I guess if we can laugh at Bens we can laugh at hers.

I don't think anyone is talking about their kids, or their parenting.

But when a skeletal woman is described as having a large bust we're going to laugh.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SirPhoebos posted:

Can someone repost the gif of Padme saying "You're Breaking My Immersion!"

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

G0RF posted:

You really can.

I wish I knew more about game design to explain what happens here. Because it's a pretty amusing bug.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

you ever dived into the /r/starcitizen discord chat? It's incredible. It's 75% making GBS threads on DS.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wow action packed! That's a COD killer if I ever saw one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

jaegerx posted:

you ever dived into the /r/starcitizen discord chat? It's incredible. It's 75% making GBS threads on DS.
Don't they have a game to talk about?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jaegerx posted:

The who in the what now?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fuctifino posted:

DerekSmart DerekSmart DerekSmart

Dolvak wants to do an interview with you.

"the goons"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Word is croberts and company aren't doing ANY game showcases this year at events. 2016 year of the no shows?

I'm the jorts guy in the star citizen poster parppppp.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Agrajag posted:

"the goons"

I doubt he would want to associate with bad people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lime Tonics posted:

Word is croberts and company aren't doing ANY game showcases this year at events. 2016 year of the no shows?

I'm the jorts guy in the star citizen poster parppppp.

If they're bailing on Gamescom and only doing CitCon nine months from now that's really not a good sign from the perspective of showing progress.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If they're bailing on Gamescom and only doing CitCon nine months from now that's really not a good sign from the perspective of showing progress.

Or, to stay positive, they've realized that going to those events was costing more money than it was worth spending on development.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Unfunny Poster posted:

Or, to stay positive, they've realized that going to those events was costing more money than it was worth spending on development.

Funny.

Ironic, considering your username.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DigitalMocking posted:

Funny.

Ironic, considering your username.

:smith:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Oh god what a tease :f5h::fap:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah I can't really fault them for not going. It's no secret that preparing demos for trade shows is a huge hassle.

Plus we already know that if like one person isn't able to do their job, whether it's programming or customer service, the whole studio grinds to a halt!

Mr SoupTeeth
Jan 16, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well they wouldn't want Sq42 there making everything else look like low fidelity parp, not good business etiquette.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

Really tasty posts should all be quoted to the intro post. imho

I think if we made a post that big it'd activate a long hidden Radium hacker boobytrap and take down the forums. Even from the cloud.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ash1138 posted:

Yeah I can't really fault them for not going. It's no secret that preparing demos for trade shows is a huge hassle.

Plus we already know that if like one person isn't able to do their job, whether it's programming or customer service, the whole studio grinds to a halt!

To be honest, I genuinely don't know why they go all out at those trade shows when they don't have what their community even says is a stable game yet.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Young Freud posted:

DickWulf also doesn't know how the Freedom of Information Act actually works. If there's an open investigation going on, the FTC or whoever doing the investigating have no obligation to release documents under the FOIA request...

They even go into more detail on this in the next subsection...

Yes, it's bullshit. He's doing it for attention. We've been down this road

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

I wish I knew more about game design to explain what happens here. Because it's a pretty amusing bug.

So does CIG.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Going to a cocktail bar in about 15 minutes that ages their concoctions in casks with herbs and poo poo. What kind of cocktail should I have goons?

A Manhattan if you like dark liquors. And old-fashioned, in the same vein. If they somehow have mint infused bourbons, ask for a Moscow Mule but with that instead (a Kentucky Mule)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Unfunny Poster posted:

So if CIG's accusation that Beer conducted corporate espionage is true, wouldn't they get in contact with the FBI to file suit against both Derek Smart (the actor of said espionage), the CIG employee (for leaking the information), and Beer?

Of course this would assume this isn't just posturing by CIG's legal department akin to what they did after The Escapist article when analyzed by Popehat.

It's bullshit.

Do you really think that if they had any case they wouldn't have done it by now? They wouldn't dare.

Plus, corporate espionage is criminal, not civil. And they'd have to file a complaint. If it ends up being false, they're in even bigger trouble both with the Feds AND also subject to civil lawsuit from myself and whoever they are accusing of that.

Any legal case stemming from this, brings us right back to the money of Star Citizen since this whole campaign has been specifically about money, management and misdeeds.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Considering how much of their income stream comes from hype, a major convention doesn't seem like something they should miss if they have anything at all to show.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

you conspired to share trade secrets and conducted corporate espionage with Derek Smart Esq

and you banned Kimsemus

Who is John Kimsemus?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eonwe posted:

you conspired to share trade secrets and conducted corporate espionage with Derek Smart Esq

and you banned Kimsemus

Who is John Kimsemus?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

lol

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Sillybones posted:

I read players will only be able to affect the prices of things by 20%. So there is no worry about devalue... or value. Or interesting things in the economy since it will be all fixed. Everything will either be full positive value capped or full negative value capped always. Will there even be scarcity?

If it's 20% I volunteer to lead the first exploitation of the market. You do realize a 20% increase or decrease in production of something like food or oil could cause the entire commodity crash.

Bullshit it will be NIcholas Cage and everyone knows it.

Bait and Swatch posted:

When is the goonmeet to discuss if he should stay banned? I won't contribute to the discussion, but I wrote a list of fart jokes to share

Spoiler alert, first one contains the words shart and citizen. It's a real doozy

Two weeks

Completely normal turnover

Eonwe posted:

this is entirely normal turnover

lol

God dammit Eonwe I can't reply while I am at work!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Agrajag posted:

"the goons"
Dolvak should do a Star Citizen roundtable with Beer, Alken Stroud, and Scott Manley. Topics including the state of the game, the management of CIG, the fanbase, the business model, whatever.

These are some of the best informed and even handed critics-- and it would be an amazing thing to watch. Derek is radioactive by choice and is almost universally despised by the Faith Militant-- Beer still has his defenders amongst them.

That would make for a fantastic discussion. Even in spite of Dolvak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

imperialparadox posted:

Wait, so are you saying that he was an employee, got laid off, and is now still working for them for free, or am I misunderstanding?

Yes. But he claims he wasn't laid off, and that he left for personal reasons. Now he's a volunteer in the same position which he was previously being paid for. Yeah.

• Locked thread