Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I have confirmed the max multiplier for voting to be 12x. Map Warrior Online is a cool minigame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

WhiteHowler posted:

Most of my goon friends from the beta don't play anymore -- is there anyone who can PM me the info for the Mumble and/or toss me a WoL invite in-game? MWO name is the same as my forum name.
Sent you a friend invite.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Where is my video?!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Oh wait, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujg_IdvOf8Y

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
While I'm at it, someone suggest a way to make the following two Stormcrow builds fun, because I'm really not enjoying them:

This runs way too hot and the B arm quirks gently caress with LPL usage: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=183&l=f950bb87375a492e31c97a7d758f265d3fad6472 I'm considering making that B arm into a C arm and boating a third LPL to have a sniper crow (chainfire all three), but apparently that's a net "sustained DPS" loss according to whatever formula smurfy uses and won't really run any cooler.

This loses the UAC-20 too fast and then becomes a total chore to play: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=184&l=1ae594add2a079d620c850941dcecc5b7d1191c4

I'm going to convert one of them into a Streakcrow so I can be :effort: and not swap between SRM and CSRM on my SCR-D, but that's going to cost me 3mil C-bills and still leaves me with one 'crow that needs to a) not be bad and b) not use missiles.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 8, 2016

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Hahah holy loving poo poo

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That video made my day, thank you Noble Bird Warrior.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Lemon Curdistan posted:

While I'm at it, someone suggest a way to make the following two Stormcrow builds fun, because I'm really not enjoying them:

This runs way too hot and the B arm quirks gently caress with LPL usage: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=183&l=f950bb87375a492e31c97a7d758f265d3fad6472 I'm considering making that B arm into a C arm and boating a third LPL to have a sniper crow (chainfire all three), but apparently that's a net "sustained DPS" loss according to whatever formula smurfy uses and won't really run any cooler.

This loses the UAC-20 too fast and then becomes a total chore to play: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=184&l=1ae594add2a079d620c850941dcecc5b7d1191c4

I'm going to convert one of them into a Streakcrow so I can be :effort: and not swap between SRM and CSRM on my SCR-D, but that's going to cost me 3mil C-bills and still leaves me with one 'crow that needs to a) not be bad and b) not use missiles.

Laservomit normal build is one LPL and 5ML. The pulse build is 5MPL or some similar tonnage of 4MPL and 5 small lasers.

Some people run just 4 MPL to have something remotely heat efficent, but the stormcrow is soo good at shoot n' scoot to cool down that you may as well boat more lazers. I even play a 9mpl build just for funsies.

Washout fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 8, 2016

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh my loving god

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I want to get a Locust-1V for LPL shenanigans. What're two other good variants/builds for mastery purposes? Also, what engine do I put in it?

I don't know about the other locusts, but the 1E is an all energy locust that can run 6 medium lasers or 6 spl. The Pirate's Bane is good for sneaking on enemies and scouting, lacks the punch of the 1E, but you can get peoples attention and run away pretty quick like. If it was still on sale I would recommend it, otherwise wait for the next sale.

As for engines, always use the largest xl.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 8, 2016

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I love how he kept telling you how bad you were as you killed every person who tried to find you. I bet you raised his blood pressure 40 points.

Beraiye
Oct 27, 2014

a thing of pure beauty

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

mmm, that's some nice mad.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:pcgaming: This is a thing of beauty. :pcgaming:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Need one more King Crab for mastery purposes

Then I'll try to get one more timberwolf I guess

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

as good as I remember

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I spent 10 minutes in GIMP:

I'm a shoe-in for this PGI job, you guys. Already better than Terra Therma.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=b89b68cdbbaa044af0688665a89595ca0630afa9
Been trying to figure out how to make the HBK-4G work for me. Came up with this. It's still not exactly surviveable but it's really great fun. I kind of want to try it with Ultra-AC5s though.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I joined a pub game in a mostly stock Centurion (AC/20, but replaced the LRM with two SRM-4's) to see if I remembered how to play.

Got the first two kills and outdamaged 9 of my teammates.

I guess it's like riding a bike.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Been trying to figure out how to make the HBK-4G work for me. Came up with this. It's still not exactly surviveable but it's really great fun. I kind of want to try it with Ultra-AC5s though.

imo you might as well just pilot an Urbanmech so that your teammates can have more tonnage to work with.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

WhiteHowler posted:

I joined a pub game in a mostly stock Centurion (AC/20, but replaced the LRM with two SRM-4's) to see if I remembered how to play.

Got the first two kills and outdamaged 9 of my teammates.

I guess it's like riding a bike.

sent a friend invite in game

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
Is the enforcer a bad robot? I like the look of the UAC one

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I want to be like Kazvall when I grow up. (i wouldn't be able to run his build though, I have an impossible time with all ammo builds. I'm bad.)

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Well that is a p straightforward build. I bet you can get lots of action in this mech, given how half the players in the game like to charge into close range. You could always drop ammo and jam armor on the arms just to soak up some pew?? A ton of AC20 ammo is, what, 5 shots?

They nerfed ECM's bubble size by half, right? I was thinking about rebuilding my old ECM spider, but I dunno I don't miss jump jets that much and Ravens are tight.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Is the enforcer a bad robot? I like the look of the UAC one

They are OK, can be fun in pub matches and yea the 2 uac5 one is fun but you have to hide behind the fatties and shoot what they shoot.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Don't like it, Take down the engine for a little more armor (that 5 kph isn't doing poo poo), it's better to rotate your empty side to the enemy and have "some" armor on your support weapons. I've learned the hard way that little armor on the head = dead from splash. I minimum it at 13 now. Also hate putting ammo which can explode in your CT.

this is what i run.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=1&l=0f5faafa9ba78e3bc0bdc897f6d3159f9683bd6f

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Try this instead, it's painfully slow at first but speed tweak makes it serviceable. HBK-4G

Endbuster posted:

I tried to run the 6 laser setup and it's just way to hot for me. Having the back up weapon was nice, but your arms are the first to go in that mech. I switched to the arm that has bonus structure and a single laser and now circle strafe with that side towards the enemy so if I lose an arm they have to work for it, and it's only one gun. I always alpha so after about 4 alphas I'm down to alternating firing 2 and 3 lasers to manage the heat.

TL:DR YMMV with bonus laser. I find 5 with an extra heart sink lets you sustain faster/live longer.

Eight points of structure isn't worth losing 6 points from your alpha. As a Cheetah, you never go for fair fights. Most lights will run away from you, and you'll develop a sense for when and how far to chase. The ones that don't run away are either dumb or capable of klling you/hurting you badly before they go down. Those get dragged back to your team. Most of your Cheating should be scouting and shooting butts, the only time you should be circle-strafing is during a brawl when the enemy has much heavier problems to focus on; the alpha is incredibly hot but if you're poking from the side/rear it works quite well. Seismic also helps immensely for knowing when to run run run.

tl;dr Cheetah is for poking butts, not extended fights. You can also set secondary fire groups of 3/3 or arm/torso lasers to help manage your heat.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Love Stole the Day posted:

I spent 10 minutes in GIMP:

I'm a shoe-in for this PGI job, you guys. Already better than Terra Therma.

This is exactly my thoughts are on why the gently caress we don't have way more maps. I think they've diverted most of their effort in churning out 60$ mechs... I feel like maps are just as important.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

This is exactly my thoughts are on why the gently caress we don't have way more maps. I think they've diverted most of their effort in churning out 60$ mechs... I feel like maps are just as important.

God help us all if they ever get it inot their heads to sell map packs.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

God help us all if they ever get it inot their heads to sell map packs.

I don't think they're that dumb. Doing poo poo like that is what practically killed BF 3 and 4.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013

teepo posted:

then who will create the new content required for solaris and the pve mode?

They can reuse the existing maps for pve mode, they need to actually figure out what the hell they want to do for CW and the persistent game world.
Making more game modes even with existing maps beats the hell out of just making a million new maps with only the same deathmatch or cap points will make this game far more interesting.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Also hate putting ammo which can explode in your CT.

How much of a thing is this? I wonder if Ive been dying like twice as often because of always doing that. If like it if that explained some things.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

TVDinna posted:

They can reuse the existing maps for pve mode, they need to actually figure out what the hell they want to do for CW and the persistent game world.
Making more game modes even with existing maps beats the hell out of just making a million new maps with only the same deathmatch or cap points will make this game far more interesting.

naw, gently caress cw

more dm maps plz

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Surprise Giraffe posted:

How much of a thing is this? I wonder if Ive been dying like twice as often because of always doing that. If like it if that explained some things.
IIRC, you use up ammo from the center inwards. So if you use up at least as much as you put in your CT before you get opened up it shouldn't be an issue.

That said it's always safer to put it in your head. And a lot of people tend to put ammo in their legs, especially on heavier mechs.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Surprise Giraffe posted:

If your CT is cored enough to detonate the ammo stored there, you're dead regardless.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Surprise Giraffe posted:

How much of a thing is this?

Depends on how tough you are. It's a bad idea for an Atlas. It probably doesn't matter for a Locust.

AtillatheBum
Oct 6, 2010

Justice ain't gonna dispense itself.
Can anyone PM me the mumble info or add me in game (Atilla the Bum) to send it to me; I can't join the unit atm but I'd like to do some random drops with goons.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
How terrible an idea would it be to buy the light Steam pack? As a light pilot who's bad with money that Cheater with the +30% CBills is really tempting.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
All the steam packs are terrible deals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Skoll posted:

All the steam packs are terrible deals.
Bummer. I guess maybe they'll go on sale sometime.

• Locked thread