Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

volts5000 posted:

I went to the guy's page, and I don't know what in the hell to make of it. Lot of racist images sprinkled throughout and have little to no connection to the text in the post.

I've started looking at the comments in random ads and promoted stories in my feed. So much insanity in each one... I love it.

A lot of people seem to be triggered by random associations. Like "money" will prompt a bunch of crazy ranting about how obummer is taking all of your money away with taxes. A reference to any woman will result in many unflattering caricatures of Hillary.

It's almost difficult to find any public comments anywhere that don't rapidly drift towards random screeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

volts5000 posted:

Ok, I saw that cast photos of "Fuller House" were trending. Out of morbid curiosity, I go to see them and what people are saying. This is the first public post. What that hell? (public profile, by the way)

I went to the guy's page, and I don't know what in the hell to make of it. Lot of racist images sprinkled throughout and have little to no connection to the text in the post.

Animals don't even have porches and aren't smart enough to smoke weed so this is just silly. Sitting on a porch sitting weed all day is extremely human.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

He spelled 'sheeple' wrong.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Somebody's never had the concepts of positive and negative liberty explained to them.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

EvilGenius posted:

He spelled 'sheeple' wrong.

Women, as human entities, are a manifestation and the complete absence of truth.

Klaus88 posted:

Somebody's never had the concepts of positive and negative liberty explained to them.

Women are the absentia of truth. Men are the embodiment of it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Paper Jesus is here to harvest you. Come quietly please.

Taaaaake onnnn meeeeee...

Wow I want to stick this to my door.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Thesaurus posted:

It's almost difficult to find any public comments anywhere that don't rapidly drift towards random screeds.

A dear friend of mine sends me links to songs she likes on YouTube pretty often. Since I mostly like musicians with small fanbases I've never seen anything other than like, "good song, they played it live at the Bottom of the Hill, check the bootleg." But because her songs have more views, you can scroll through the comments and in seconds see how some tangential frame of a music video is related to the evils of feminism.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It is widely known that comment sections are where reason and logic go to die a painful death. Just read any comments section on any news article and try make sense of the mental gymnastics people do on them. The funny thing is that people who leave comments are so eager to express their opinion that they will leave such comments on sites/articles that don't even relate to their opinion.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

A vein in my neck started throbbing violently after I read a particularly annoying YouTube comment. I try to avoid them now.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Ah, that world where four year olds need to make medical decisions because they're going through puberty very soon.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.
The exception to prove the rule is the A.V. Club comments section, where I will wander through the comments on reviews for films I have no desire to see, just to take in the pun threads, Simpsons references, and actual analysis with nary a "gay cuck" in sight.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

The exception to prove the rule is the A.V. Club comments section, where I will wander through the comments on reviews for films I have no desire to see, just to take in the pun threads, Simpsons references, and actual analysis with nary a "gay cuck" in sight.

Best-ever AV Club comment:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Illustrated here:

Also, regarding the Steven Universe what-have-you:

VoteTedJameson
Jan 10, 2014

And stack the four!
Posted by a lily-white suburban atheist who has a severely receding hairline at age 25 and lives off his parents. (who are both pysicians).

There's just...where do you start with this?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Animals don't even have porches and aren't smart enough to smoke weed so this is just silly. Sitting on a porch sitting weed all day is extremely human.

Porch monkeys!

Oh...

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Women, as human entities, are a manifestation and the complete absence of truth.

Women are the absentia of truth. Men are the embodiment of it.

I didn't know Dave Sim had a facebook

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Best-ever AV Club comment:

I....uh.....:stare:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Paper Jesus is here to harvest you. Come quietly please.

Taaaaake onnnn meeeeee...

Jesus is holding me hostage and is threatening to kill me if you don't type "Amen"!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Madkal posted:

It is widely known that comment sections are where reason and logic go to die a painful death. Just read any comments section on any news article and try make sense of the mental gymnastics people do on them. The funny thing is that people who leave comments are so eager to express their opinion that they will leave such comments on sites/articles that don't even relate to their opinion.

Really they are desperate for attention, and have alienated all of their friends over the years. These are the type of people who will make like 10+ rambling posts a day to their wall, and maybe one or two of them will get a 'like' from someone that they know.

So obviously the way to get attention and validation is to spew garbage onto any play that it can physically go, regardless of whether it is appropriate of not.

china bot posted:

Also, regarding the Steven Universe what-have-you:

You're on a first date. The two of you have a wonderful conversation for a couple hours at a quiet restaurant, good wine, good food. It's getting late, you walk outside to the parking lot to say goodnight. A warm hug. Some quick anal. You part ways and send a nice text when you get home saying it was a lovely time and you hope too see them again soon.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Hey guys, check out this old-school racism! (97K shares)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
How can a picture of whatever the gently caress that is only have 34 comments but thousands of shares and likes?

I don't like him either, it's not even a thing.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

mng posted:

How can a picture of whatever the gently caress that is only have 34 comments but thousands of shares and likes?

I don't like him either, it's not even a thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golliwog

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

speakXout posted:

Well now I believe them.

Conclusion: slaves build better sky scrapers.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mng posted:

The post is probably only open to comments from friends. Notice that whoever took the screencap doesn't have an option to comment on it either.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

People with sense,can see what Obama wants (and is getting) for this country.....and its not good.Not good at all.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Let's do a money tree! Can't. Obama chopped down all the money trees. THERE I SAID IT!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

This generation isn't capable of caring enough to put anything above their selfishness, and they can't get off their cell phones long enough to raise their child. So how about we be good people and take care of the environment and pay attention to our kids and not the media and shut up about the future. What are you going to do in the present to help the future? cause the time for change is now....

We also have a much better chance of influencing our kids than the rediculous notion that we can affect or change the planet and its climate.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

volts5000 posted:

Ok, I saw that cast photos of "Fuller House" were trending. Out of morbid curiosity, I go to see them and what people are saying. This is the first public post. What that hell? (public profile, by the way)

It's even worse than you think. Guess who the people in that picture are.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/05/death_of_aiyana_jones_raises_q.html

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Jennifer Lawrence comes out with a great message in support of planned parenthood, facebook gonna facebook

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Sarcopenia posted:

It's even worse than you think. Guess who the people in that picture are.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/05/death_of_aiyana_jones_raises_q.html

:eyepop:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Oh yeah Julie Rhame? You heard he rubbed onions under his eyes did you? From who? Did the guy in charge of handing Obama some last minute notes catch him in the act and blast off quick a fb message to your aunt Ruth post haste?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

This is the least accurate Revolutionary War history possible. Impressive.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

I've laughed off pretty much everything in this thread until this. This is just disgusting. He had to meet with the families of the Sandy Hook shooting.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I had this whole rant prepared about how I've been in history for a few years and I've noticed a lot of people have pretty poor levels of reasoning when it comes to connecting historical events so this doesn't surprise me, but you know what? This does. This is one of the most surprisingly stupid things I have ever seen.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Something tells me that this person isn't going to accept a reasonable answer.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Pentaquark!!!??? Quick someone make a crucifixon.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

budgieinspector posted:

Something tells me that this person isn't going to accept a reasonable answer.

1) Do you know this person?
1a) If so, how do you know this person?
2a) Has this person, if you know them, revealed you to the reason they have not fixed their capslock button?
2) What is a Satan particle?
3) What is a pentaquark?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

cash crab posted:

1) Do you know this person?
1a) If so, how do you know this person?
2a) Has this person, if you know them, revealed you to the reason they have not fixed their capslock button?
2) What is a Satan particle?
3) What is a pentaquark?

2 and 3 are easily answered. The Satan particle is a pentaquark and a pentaquark is the Satan particle.