Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Its 2016, can we maybe finally stop being retards who believe in bearded old men in the sky and just get some technocracy running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its 2016, can we maybe finally stop being retards who believe in bearded old men in the sky and just get some technocracy running?

whats in it for me???

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The Singularity is juuuuust around the corner.........

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The current market for Christian video games is small. A lack of money, investors, and retailer exposure remains an obstacle for Christian developers while mainstream game developers have all the resources they need. So far, Christian games have mostly been on PC. However, developers are eyeing a shot at the big time: making games for a console such as Xbox, Playstation, or GameCube.

Some wonder of the place violence has in Christian games. Scott Wong of Brethren Entertainment puts it this way: “The actual act of pulling a trigger and hunting something-–somebody might have a problem with that. I always tell people that if you want good drama, you have to have conflict--without that, you can’t make your point.”

Despite being called “Christian” games, some may question whether they reflect Biblical values. In reality, the division among developers is not whether they are Biblical, but just how much of “the message” should be presented in their games. Mike Salmond, teacher of digital media at Elon University, believes that if games are not entertaining and if the message becomes the point, it will be a tough sell.

The market for Christian video games is growing similar to the Christian music genre several years ago. What was once a small niche genre is now a powerhouse in the music industry. Could the same thing happen with Christian video games? Only time will tell.

Bayonetta was the best Christian game.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yes, I know what this means: those people in South America (or anywhere) that don't believe in Jesus just because they didn't hear about Him will go to hell. That's what's fair and just after all. This is not by my standards mind you, but by God's. I am not being cruel and heartless by saying such things, because God can not and will not let sin go unpunished, and if the people don't accept Jesus they must pay for it themselves.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

And what many of us don’t realize is that God is constantly coming up with new things. We downplay His inventiveness by saying variations among species is a simple matter of genes mixing and matching in different ways. Well, this is absurd, because who came up with the concept of a gene pool in the first place? When a species of bird that is always yellow pokes through an egg and we see that the little guy has red feathers, we’re very surprised by the sudden variation. Here’s where the morons who promote the Theory of Evolution will tell you that the red bird consciously choose to change the color of his plumage in order to blend in with the red flowers around him and be less vulnerable to attack. These are the same dingdongs who would have us believe that human beings are merely a byproduct of apes who were discontent with their lot in life, so they strained their brains until they physically morphed into an entirely different kind of being. Well, such idiocy is its own reward.

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 6, 2016

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It is popular today to deny any special recognition for the earth. Secular scientists tell us that we live on a speck of dust, circling a humdrum star in a far corner of an obscure galaxy! While this is all true, the earth remains of central importance. Scripture gives a refreshing contrast to secular thinking by declaring that earth and mankind are not an insignificant result of accidental evolution. The Book of Genesis states that our planet was created three days before the sun, moon, and stars. The purposes of the stars relate directly to the earth: to provide a calendar system (Ps. 19:1). The earth is also a universal reference point in that Christ came here to walk among men, and will one day return. An unseen spiritual battle goes on for the souls of men, focusing on this earth and extending to high places (Eph. 6:12). The earth is truly a spiritual center of the universe. It was once thought that the earth was physically located at the exact center of the universe, and furthermore that it did not move. This “geocentric” view is still held today by a few people, although Scripture does not require it and observation clearly shows the earth’s movement. The earth revolves around the sun once a year. It also rotates on its axis every 24 hours. These motions add together in a dizzy combination. The earth’s spin results in a surface speed of 1,000 miles per hour at the equator. The speed of the earth due to orbital motion around the sun is 66 times greater still. This is 30 times faster than a rifle bullet. During an average human’s lifetime (70 trips around the sun), 41 billion miles are traveled. While you read this page, the earth has already traveled more than 1,000 miles! Fortunately, we do not directly notice this motion since the earth’s faithful gravity force ensures that both its atmosphere and inhabitants remain firmly in place. However, earth’s motion is clearly shown by the westward movement of the sun, moon, and stars through the sky (see table 1).

We really don’t know where the physical center of the universe is. If God’s heavens are infinite in extent, then no center actually exists. But the question of the earth’s physical position is less important than the spiritual reality of God’s love for his people.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Volume posted:

And what many of us don’t realize is that God is constantly coming up with new things. We downplay His inventiveness by saying variations among species is a simple matter of genes mixing and matching in different ways. Well, this is absurd, because who came up with the concept of a gene pool in the first place? When a species of bird that is always yellow pokes through an egg and we see that the little guy has red feathers, we’re very surprised by the sudden variation. Here’s where the morons who promote the Theory of Evolution will tell you that the red bird consciously choose to change the color of his plumage in order to blend in with the red flowers around him and be less vulnerable to attack. These are the same dingdongs who would have us believe that human beings are merely a byproduct of apes who were discontent with their lot in life, so they strained their brains until they physically morphed into an entirely different kind of being. Well, such idiocy is its own reward.

This is seriously one of the dumbest of these quotes I've seen in every single sentence.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And god told me so

https://www.facebook.com/uhohnick/videos/1701678166742631/?fref=nf

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

These are the people sharing your roads and operating heavy machinery

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

That lady must be really fun at parties.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Heterophobia: Note the protest after Prop 8 in California. People forced out of their jobs, an old lady brought to tears by the harassers in her own home, another old lady knocked down and beaten, a group of Christians meeting in a park assaulted, blacks told that they'd "just better be careful" if they leave their own neighborhoods, and numerous properties and cars damaged. White powder sent to Mormon temples. Oh, no problem here! No danger!

I did some calculations using FBI crime statistics and a survey of Massachusetts voters once and found that while there were 1025 crimes against people due to their sexual orientation nationally in 2007, 1,029,279 people in Massachusetts alone know someone who would fear violence done to them or their children if they voiced their disapproval for gay marriage. 428,870 know someone who's had it happen to them. Ah, no danger here! No worries!

for fucks sake dan
Nov 30, 2015
it is me im the gay man who is going to massachusetts and personally dunk the heads of 1,029,279 people in the toilet

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why does this thread keep resurfacing like a dog's poorly leaden down carcass?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

WatermelonGun posted:

It will always resurrect within 3 days.

Allahu ackbar.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

WatermelonGun posted:

Because Jesus lovers keep believing stupid poo poo.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Volume posted:

428,870 know someone who's had it happen to them.

I knew Christians were bad at math but drat lol

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dienes posted:

I love how they never considered praying for it to just go away.

Their god is a weak god, not worthy of worship, the old gods had true power.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Volume posted:

So since atheists have zero facts to present to defend their position that Jesus is not the Son of God, but only attacks, denials, and ignorance of history, then they have nothing new to teach us.

Hmm... I also cannot prove that Bigfoot is not the Son of Elvis. QED.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Stoatbringer posted:

Hmm... I also cannot prove that Bigfoot is not the Son of Elvis. QED.

Jesus is bigfoot? Elvis is god? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn here.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A woman was arrested at the Hall of Justice in downtown Louisville Tuesday afternoon, months after police say she assaulted and robbed a man after he joked that he did not believe in God.

According to an arrest warrant, the incident took place on Oct. 20.

Police say that 49-year-old Laura Reid was visiting a disabled man in his home. At one point, police say, Reid asked the victim if he believed in God, and he jokingly replied that he did not.

According to an arrest warrant, Reid became angry with his response, so she picked up his metal cane and began beating him on the head and body, hitting him so hard that the cane broke.

Police say the victim was unable to leave his home because of his disability, and Reid stayed there for three hours after the assault. When she finally left, she allegedly took the man's cell phone, keys, $50 cash and a wallet containing credit cards.

Police say the man eventually crawled to a nearby gas station, where police and EMS were called. The man was taken to St. Mary and Elizabeth Hospital, where he was treated for injuries he sustained, including a concussion, a broken arm, multiple bruises, as well as cuts and abrasions.

The victim was eventually able to cancel his credit cards -- and identify Reid, who was known to him, according to police.

A warrant was issued for Reid's arrest on Thursday, Oct. 29. She was arrested by Jefferson County Sheriff's Office deputies on Tuesday, Jan. 5, at the Hall of Justice. She is charged with second degree assault, second degree robbery, and first degree unlawful imprisonment.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Andrea Pia Kennedy Yates (born July 2, 1964) is a former resident of Houston, Texas, who confessed to drowning her five children in their bathtub on June 20, 2001.[1]
she revealed to her prison psychiatrist, Dr. Melissa Ferguson, that prior to their last child, "she had told Rusty that she did not want to have sex because Dr. Starbranch had said she might hurt her children." Rusty, she said, simply asserted his procreative religious beliefs, complimented her as a good mother, and persuaded her that she could handle more children.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Lawsuit challenges 'In God We Trust' use on US money

quote:

Here we go.....these people don't understand the consequences of their actions that will affect all of us. They have taken God out of so many things and look what has happened. Money drives people to be greedy, kill, hurt, harm, steal, sell their children and other human beings for, even their own bodies! It's the only light that green paper holds and I pray they don't succeed.

quote:

An atheist group is trying to sue the U.S. government to remove “In God We Trust” from our money. Not a smart move. I wonder if these people realize just what can and will happen to a nation—and a people—who want nothing to do with Almighty God or His hand of protection? President Dwight D. Eisenhower must have known. The words were first added to U.S. coins during the beginning of the Civil War, but on July 30, 1956, President Eisenhower signed a law officially declaring “In God We Trust” to be America’s official motto. There isn’t a better one. Should a handful of people—41 atheists in this case—be able to change what has been the backbone of a nation for generations? I certainly hope not. The Bible says, “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God” (Psalm 20:7).

quote:

I'll b damned listen we took it out of our schools n looked what the gently caress is happening I'll be damned if the remove it now we had this poo poo for years god plz help me before I kill the baster trying u take u out of the evaluation when r fore father's found this god damned country on u loving Obama is doing this I'll b god damned if it continues that's for sure

quote:

STOP.
You are entitled to your opinion.
While it isn't against the law to be an rear end in a top hat, it's against social standards set by literally everyone.
Just because you're an Atheist does not mean you need to force your theology down everyone's throats.
THIS MAKES ME UPSET, HELP I HAVE SAND IN MY VAGINA!

Just a representative sample.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

WatermelonGun posted:

If you bump this thread enough times a day, God will strike down hellthread.

Crimson Harvest posted:

Jesus is bigfoot? Elvis is god? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to learn here.

Watch Bubba Ho-Tep, and be enlightened.

Gath
Sep 23, 2009

Boy is that lady going to be upset when she realizes they are Mexicans.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Christian extreminist... Being born black are two things people with low vocabulary say; when they think homosexuals are getting bashed. Black an Christians, you could have said any other race or group of people that follow homosexuality. Its goes to show bigots, hide their faces an can't wait to use Christians an blacks as their examples. You can't compare what blacks go through with homosexuals or Christian persecution with homosexuals. Hays run the world, so what are you talking about??? #Clown

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

CherryCola posted:

According to my aunt:

There are so many gay and "feminine" men these days because of soy in baby formula for the last few decades. This is happening as a result of "satan trying to destroy god's creation." Apparently god's creation is super manly men.

WHO KNEW!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, a hero of the Religious Right because of her attempt to prevent her county office from issuing marriage licenses following the Supreme Court’s marriage equality decision, got a spot at the State of the Union address on Tuesday, thanks to the Family Research Council and Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

Davis was initially unresponsive about her reaction to President Obama’s address, telling a reporter simply that “it was a speech,” but went into a little more detail in an interview with EWTN’s Jason Calvi after the event.

“He had made the statement that everybody was free to marry who they love, and, of course, that’s the stand that I stood again,” she said. “And it’s not, for me, it never was a gay or a lesbian issue. It’s about standing up for the word of the God and as God had defined marriage from the very beginning as between one man and one woman, and that’s what I stood for."

When Calvi asked Davis about the president’s caution against anti-Muslim bigotry and prejudice, Davis responded that he should have instead talked about Christians like her who “are being so tried and tested and being mashed down, literally” by his policies.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Someone from Kentucky doesn't know what literally means? Shocking

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

“He had made the statement that everybody was free to marry who they love, and, of course, that’s the stand that I stood again,” she said. “And it’s not, for me, it never was a gay or a lesbian issue. It’s about standing up for the word of the God and as God had defined marriage from the very beginning as between one man and one woman, and that’s what I stood for."

Leviticus, explicitly condemning those divorced who remarry posted:

And he shall take a wife in her virginity. A widow, or a divorced woman, or a woman who has been defiled, or a prostitute, these he shall not marry. But he shall take as his wife a virgin of his own people, that he may not profane his offspring among his people, for I am the Lord who sanctifies him.”

Exodus, implicity allowing plural marriage posted:

If he take him another wife; her food, her raiment, and her duty of marriage, shall he not diminish.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 19, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

yeah but she wasn't a Christian when she was a'whorin' you see, she Found Jesus and switched from Democrat to Republican

Loving Jesus means the past doesn't matter

Unless you're a homosexual

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

mdm posted:

yeah but she wasn't a Christian when she was a'whorin' you see, she Found Jesus and switched from Democrat to Republican

Loving Jesus means the past doesn't matter

Unless you're a homosexual

Hosea posted:

When the Lord first spoke through Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the Lord.”

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

I didn't know Hosea was the Hebrew for "cuckold"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

coronatae posted:

Southern Baptists get really weird about Catholics. I grew up near a Baptist megachurch and sometimes my classmates would try to educate me on Catholicism like I wasn't going to RCIA and stuff every week anyways. Except all their info was wildly innacurate and it was basically an explanation of why I was going to hell.

Unrelated, something said by a high school friend: "I don't know why I have to learn about the French Revolution, I mean, I'm American"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A Dummy's Guide to Life: The Bible

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To pass laws that do not uphold God’s moral law, Bachmann said, “degrades us as a nation, it degrades our liberties and it degrades the greatness of a nation and that’s what God understood from Old Testament times: The greatness of a nation is built up by His law.”

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Look, you shitheads. it's really quite simple.
There are three levels of reality.
The first is the Mathematical realm. Maybe this corresponds to the Platonic realm- maybe not.

For formally unknowable reasons, the second and Physical Realm is described by the Mathematical realm.
It is ancient, vast, and without intellect. It is quite without self-referent entities like us.
We don't live in that space.

In distinction to the pure mathematical realm, the Physical realm does not encompass the two great singularities- Zero and infinitude.
Before you start to bitch, I have put decades worth of careful frikken thought and research into this poo poo.

So we come to the Third reality- that which you all experience every day.
This is the reality that Brains make- this is the only reality you can experience-
What Brains make is a reality in the image of the physical universe constrained by the limits of our senses-
the reason brains do this is to attempt to simulate reality to attempt to predict the future.

That is what brains do. That is what that organ is for.It secretes reality in order to predictthe outer world and thereby enhance survival.

And of course predicting the future is impossible and then we get Free Will to resolve the paradox.

Sure, boys, have another hit off that Heculan Headbone Bong.
Therefore:
Brains make reality.
One brain to a customer.
Everybody gets their own Private Universe.

It is remarkable to me that we can understand each other at all- and we often don't.

Einstein said the strangest aspect of the world is that we can understand it.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 28, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUK2xi6PP-M

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Okay I read through archives and abortion stories and that and I get most of them except the ones where married people are getting abortions?? I don't get it. Why get married which is where you make a promise to God to be faithful and multiply and then go and have your children removed? It makes no sense at all, if you don't want kids then fine but leave marriage alone because it's not for you??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/us/ohio-seminary-student-joel-wright-sexual-assault.html

• Locked thread