Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

Allen, why not just make up some names? Or use peoples names regardless. They don't have to actually do anything, and it's not like people will get upset (well, if they did it wouldn't matter anyway). People use random players for arbitrary n0 deaths all the time.

Because usually it only takes a few minutes and that gives me enough time to get food, make sure my poo poo's in order, and settle in for the random number generation. This is a little anomalous. nbd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Roborex dies at the end =(

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Australia goons: what is the best bang for my buck if I were to be in Sydney for 2 days and am not opposed to touristy poo poo? I may be there halfway through March and am looking for suggestions thank you!!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What're you into? And is it two full days, or fly in one day, fly out the next?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

Australia goons: what is the best bang for my buck if I were to be in Sydney for 2 days and am not opposed to touristy poo poo? I may be there halfway through March and am looking for suggestions thank you!!
hang with me

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Auckland first for 3 full days, then fly into Sydney in the evening, 2 full days there, then fly out next morning

The wife and I were looking at something like this because it seems cool but I'm wondering what you think and if it's hokey or whatever

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Simple Touristy poo poo to take up a day:
Go to the Zoo if you don't go to the zoo much. You'll take a ferry across the harbour and get some good views. Take the sky car thing when you're in there.
Go to the top of Centrepoint (or whatever they renamed it) tower. Some small cost involved.
Book a bridge climb. It costs quite a bit, but should be good views. I've never done that.
Go to featherdale wildlife park, has more native animals than the zoo I think.

Take a walk around Circular Quay and the rocks. Walk the bridge along the normal pedestrian walk.
Check out Darling Harbour too I guess.

Take a train up to the blue mountains and do some bush walks.
Go to Bondi beach or Manly. Train/bus to Bondi, ferry to manly.

If you want to travel around a lot in one day, pick up an Opal card and the max fare per day is 15 bucks for Train/bus/ferry/light rail so if you move around a lot you'd save compared to buying single tickets. They may change the rules by then though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

Auckland first for 3 full days, then fly into Sydney in the evening, 2 full days there, then fly out next morning

The wife and I were looking at something like this because it seems cool but I'm wondering what you think and if it's hokey or whatever

Check which of those you'd actually do and compare prices. Some of the stuff I see on the list are for guided tours, which you don't really need to pay for unless you want someone reciting stuff you can find out from the web.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I found this Kumba

The Sydney Bucket List might have some ideas

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Auckland is pretty cool as well

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you want to book a fancy dinner and know your dates, I'd suggest Aria (next to Opera House), Bennelong (in Opera House), or Sepia (near Darling Harbour). Expensive places but I've always felt they were worth it. There's also Quay, but that place is always booked out afaik.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd suggest things to do in Auckland, but I never made it that far. Go to Mata mata and see Hobbiton, then go climb Ngauruhoe.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Do you think Featherdale and the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium are both doable in a day? We've just been doing the math and yeah booking individually definitely seems like it ends up cheaper so we're trying to see what we can squeeze in

We tentatively land in Auckland on March 13 in the evening, have March 14-16 there, fly out the next morning so we get to Sydney March 17, stay 18-19, fly out on the 20th

Definitely planning on the Hobbit tour there, I'm super stoked for that. This is my first time traveling outside of North America so should be interesting!

bowmore posted:

hang with me

If you wanna grab dinner or whatever that would be awesome, same goes to anyone else there!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The aquarium is in Darling Harbour - ie pretty much in the CBD. Featherdale is out west in the burbs. Way out. So it'd be tough to do them both in a day. The Aquairum you can do in half a day then do a walking/public transport tour of the main harbour sites. Featherdale would possibly work with day walks in the blu mountains, best tied with having a car and driving. The 19th is a Saturday so you could possibly get a driver that day.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Taronga zoo is good too, but it has more exotic wildlife. I actually can't remember if it has local wildlife to be honest.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

If you wanna grab dinner or whatever that would be awesome, same goes to anyone else there!

Be careful bowmore!

Spoiler: I heard Kumba looks nothing like Mark Wahlberg!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

IMHO you don't even need someone to die night 0 we all know why we are in the game

n0 deaths are there to tell you what the flip will look like.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

https://m.wildlifesydney.com.au/ forg9t this was next t9 the aquarium. Def can do both in one day.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Amoeba102 posted:

https://m.wildlifesydney.com.au/ forg9t this was next t9 the aquarium. Def can do both in one day.

y3ah, s33ms lik3 a r3ally gr3at trip kumba!

I am obnoxious.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I dont proofread and i type bad on my phone.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

also for a long con in a mafia game-themed art piece. either/or really.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

a mafia game about the salem witch trials in which there is no mafia and every player is secretly a paranoid gunowner.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

mafia game-themed art piece

*uses the word lynch*

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

Do you think Featherdale and the Sea Life Sydney Aquarium are both doable in a day? We've just been doing the math and yeah booking individually definitely seems like it ends up cheaper so we're trying to see what we can squeeze in

Sorry about my bad memory. The best option is the Wild Life / Sea Life parks right next to each other and you can get cheap tickets to do both. Better than trekking out west. Taronga Zoo may still be worth seeing if you want, but with only 2 days, do the Wild Life park and the aquarium then the rest can be sight seeing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hi gang

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
p.s. exakt wen we gun chil dawg

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why did I do this to myself

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is any of the fire emblem awakening dlc worth getting?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
today i took out 4.1 million dongs

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

i have a picture of a giraffe so i know what a giraffe will look like

Again like I said n0 deaths are completely unnecessary

Like if your flips are that complicated that you need an example in the first post, I think you need to work on your flips rather than consider who to kill pregame

JakeP fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 8, 2016

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

EccoRaven posted:

what is the oldest mp3 on your computer? mine is from 2002, given to me by my first romantic partner. it is Muddy Waters - Stormy Monday Blues.

My laptop's coming up on seven years old and the oldest mp3 is Imogen Heap - Goodnight and Go

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SirSamVimes posted:

Have fun with The Keeper.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

i have a picture of a giraffe so i know what a giraffe will look like

Again like I said n0 deaths are completely unnecessary

Like if your flips are that complicated that you need an example in the first post, I think you need to work on your flips rather than consider who to kill pregame

Nah, it's so scum and town can know what to expect.

Will you be giving people's roles? Their entire role PM? Nothing but their name? Some flavour thing that you can only guess at? It's nice to know ahead of time. It could go into the OP, but I prefer the n0 death to kickoff the flavour story.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I just got a 3DS today, I'm hip with the times

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

imgay posted:

Is any of the fire emblem awakening dlc worth getting?

no.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Nah, it's so scum and town can know what to expect.

Will you be giving people's roles? Their entire role PM? Nothing but their name? Some flavour thing that you can only guess at? It's nice to know ahead of time. It could go into the OP, but I prefer the n0 death to kickoff the flavour story.

but they don't need to know that before the flip

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and flips shouldnt be more complicated than player name role flavor role name alignment

posting the role PM itself is optional as well if you use confusing role names for things

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And just so my point is clear I am just saying it is not necessary, not that you shouldn't do it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I just got a 3DS today, I'm hip with the times

2DS, New 3DS XL or used original 3DS?

Either way my game suggestions are any of the Zelda games (Ocarina remake, Majora's remake (best choice), link between worlds), Fire Emblem: Awakening, Phoenix Wright: Duel Destinies, Mario Kart 7, and the game that singlehandedly convinced me to buy a 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land.

You can trust me, Opop, I'm the former OP of the Games 3DS thread. I'm a professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I hit 1001% percent a week or two ago.

Have fun with Keeper, followed by finding Mega!