Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The main problem I always had with the "Randy took advantage of 13 year old Stephanie" thing is why Vince never tried to seek any retribution, legal or otherwise. This is a fantastically petty man, I'm supposed to believe he let a huge steroid gorilla rape his kid unpunished?

It's not like I think Randy's a saint. I know he was a poo poo. But that's a pretty big sticking point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The main problem I always had with the "Randy took advantage of 13 year old Stephanie" thing is why Vince never tried to seek any retribution, legal or otherwise. This is a fantastically petty man, I'm supposed to believe he let a huge steroid gorilla rape his kid unpunished?

It's not like I think Randy's a saint. I know he was a poo poo. But that's a pretty big sticking point.

It wouldn't look good for a company that already had a scandal with underage kids being taken advantage of:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/1201/567881/wwe-trying-to-erase-a-former-ring-announcer-historic/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Because it probably happened when she was of age and if it happened likely wasn't something he knew about right away. There were negotiations to bring Savage back in the late 90s and then never again.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jan 8, 2016

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

It wouldn't look good for a company that already had a scandal with underage kids being taken advantage of:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/1201/567881/wwe-trying-to-erase-a-former-ring-announcer-historic/

It's a valid point but I can't help but think Vince's combination of ego, temper and righteous fury at his kid being taken advantage of would supercede that, I dunno.

MassRafTer posted:

Because it probably happened when she was of age.

I thought it happened when she was a minor and that's why it was referred to as rape? Is that incorrect?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's a valid point but I can't help but think Vince's combination of ego, temper and righteous fury at his kid being taken advantage of would supercede that, I dunno.

I thought it happened when she was a minor and that's why it was referred to as rape? Is that incorrect?

The initial stories I heard had it happening in the 90s around the time he left, the word rape was added in later.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Savage let Vince watch, duh.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Given he left the WWE a month after she turned 18 that would be a very tight window.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Reminder that Vince wanted to do an incest angle with his daughter. This is hardly the most well-adjusted family.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
For one thing 'statutory rape' is an outdated term (at least where and when I learned the law) -- if it's consenting then it isn't rape, but if a participant is underage it would be considered "unlawful sex"

Anyway the rumor had always contended that this was when Stephanie was around 17, which depending on the jurisdiction is of legal age but I couldn't tell you where the encounter allegedly took place

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Given he left the WWE a month after she turned 18 that would be a very tight window.

Age of consent is 16 in CT.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

The initial stories I heard had it happening in the 90s around the time he left, the word rape was added in later.

If Wikipedia's accurate that pegs her at 15 or so when it allegedly happened, so I guess my next question is this a case of statutory or not?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Age of consent is 16 in CT.

Creepy as gently caress ether way.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

She turned 18 on September 24, 1994

Savage left WWE in October 1994

If it happened before 9/24 in a state where Age of Consent was 18, then it would have been rape. So it's possible.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

Because it probably happened when she was of age and if it happened likely wasn't something he knew about right away. There were negotiations to bring Savage back in the late 90s and then never again.

To elaborate on the book's version: It makes the argument that it happened around 93-94 and Vince only found out during those negotiations to bring Savage back. That's when they say that Vince turned totally on Savage and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Creepy as gently caress ether way.

I've always maintained Randy Savage was a gross, demented, creepy individual.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Buddy it's not rape if it's consenting regardless of the age of either participant (unless they're like 13 or under), I just told you this, this is the legal perspective

EDIT: okay I just typed the phrase "It's not rape if" so I'm just going to go hang myself, what have I become

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Based on the stories and the timeline I've always assumed that it happened after the divorce when Randy went completely and utterly insane and Liz was living at Hogan's house in fear for her life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Based on the stories and the timeline I've always assumed that it happened after the divorce when Randy went completely and utterly insane and Liz was living at Hogan's house in fear for her life.

I know Meltzer has alluded to thinking the story is true, any idea who confirmed it for him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I know Meltzer has alluded to thinking the story is true, any idea who confirmed it for him?

Oliver knows.

Basically it's the story he always hears from people in the company.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Who is the Oliver in that story?

E: we need a revilo gimmick in the forum, roverts scoop nemesis

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jan 8, 2016

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Thread is in a bad place.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
CM Punk paying tribute to Savage makes so much sense now!!!!!!!!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

St Evan Echoes posted:

Who is the Oliver in that story?

Clozov.

Which is exactly what Randy saw.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I deserve this. Nothing can excuse what I've done. I can't stop crying and I really want to hurt myself right now. I wish I could die, but I've tried to kill myself, fruitlessly, several times before. It hurts.

The premise I was arguing wasn't even correct ("if it's not forced it isn't rape by definition, though on a minor it would be lewd conduct/unlawful sex or some other charge") because coercion, blackmail etc. into sex can easily lead to a rape charge, it's not a black-and-white picture.

EDIT: No no, gently caress that, I have to die now, I can't live with myself. You can't tell me this life is worth living.

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 8, 2016

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Its not like you picked your username after a scumbag anal rapist!!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The quickest self-destruction since I think the Gamergate guy.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

man things go wild around here sometimes

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hey Kidd it's just a red title, chill out and eat a little poo poo, nobody cares or thinks you're a diddler

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I can't live with rape apologia and you shouldn't want me to. There's no way to reverse what I did, but I can make things right in death. I'm a sick creature and I need to be put down.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

DynamiteKidd fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 8, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:yikes:

Remember that segment where it was explicitly stated that Vince passed around Stephanie to his business associates and "It's almost like I personally deflowered her"? I don't think that was entirely a work.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Shane did a long radio interview in the UK not long after leaving the WWE, during which the Savage stuff got brought up. He sounded genuinely unaware of the rumours, but he did say that the relationship between the two suddenly soured around 97-98 when negotiations for a Savage return were in a late stage. Apparently up until that point the two still had stayed in contact, but the mood seemed to shift overnight and Vince wouldn't care to have him mentioned.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol the Macho Man claims another via Madness osmosis

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF happened here?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lol the Macho Man claims another via Madness osmosis

Imo still runner up to the guy who had his gamergate meltdown in PSP.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

WTF happened here?

This thread made me laugh

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Endless Mike posted:

WTF happened here?

Bush hid the facts about Gamergate.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Friend Of Putin

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Was this guy's meltdown solely via a conversation with himself?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My initial diagnosis was an acute case of Macho Madness, but given that he didn't know it a work when he worked a work, it's possible that Hulkamania is running wild on DK. I just hope he gets the help he needs before he works himself into a shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That guy rules.