Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If you don't like Frasier then you either don't like or don't understand farce, and thus are bad and dumb.

Homestar Runner posted:

lol Fraiser blows

QED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Egbert Souse posted:

Why'd people like Cheers so much? I'm on the third season and everyone is insufferable.

Cheers is fantastic. If you've never worked or hung out in a bar I guess you might not find it funny.

I thought it was pretty good when it was on every afternoon in my pre teens. I'm rewatching it now as an adult/bartender and the first 5 seasons are absolutely amazing. It's a bit hit or miss when Kirsty Alley joins the cast but it's like 5 episodes a season that are just ok or meh, compared to 20 awesome ones.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Blistex posted:

How is this even a debate? "Yes Dear" is the correct answer.

I like yes dear. :(

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I was in a university class with a bunch of 19 year olds and I made a Frasier reference and none of them knew wtf I was talking about

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

"[/spoiler posted:

Homestar Runner" post="454707900"]
lol Fraiser blows

I had no idea that Homestar Runner was a documentary. That really makes you think. Did you get royalties?

You're retarded.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ultrabindu posted:

I remember really liking Friends when it was first on TV. Then I rewatched a whole bunch of episodes recently and all I felt was the photocopy lady Ross sleeps with was much nicer and interesting than all of the main cast and wished there was a show about her instead and she was only in about 3 scenes in one episode.
Looking back I don't know what I saw in that show, it wasn't really bad it was just really bland and none of the characters did anything entertaining. I think I was watching it because everyone else was watching it at the time.

E: this lady -

Also, Ross was thoroughly unlikeable in every way.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

OctoberBlues posted:

I like yes dear. :(

I'm not mad at you. . . just disappointed.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if I'd say worst show ever, but goddam do I hate everybody loves Raymond. Hell even the documentary about the creator exporting the show to Russia sucked rear end because you could tell the creator was basically modeling Raymond after himself and it oozed through that thing.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I never did understand that show. The wife is a bitch, the brother is whiny, the mom is worthy of murder, but at least the main character is totally unlikeable. What a formula.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Listen Up! is clearly the superior show about a sportswriter and his family/life.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

Actually BBT is really good if you know how to watch it ironically. :smug:

I LOL'DDDDDDDDDD

good face placement

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i think i'm somehow the first one to say family guy?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Shows like Ancient aliens and Bigfoot hunter and Monster molester actively make the world a dumber place so they've got my vote.
OTOH 24 was used to justify torture IRL

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Humboldt Squid posted:

Shows like Ancient aliens and Bigfoot hunter and Monster molester actively make the world a dumber place so they've got my vote.

I know this has been said a million times but we didn't know how good we had it back when the History Channel was the Hitler Channel.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Game of Thrones. bad show

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Ren and stimpy

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

raymond was basically a show about a bunch of people just barely hiding their seething dislike for each other, occasionally letting it explode over whether the wife bought the right mustard.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

Yes dear had some pretty solid physical comedy and had some okay plots too (like when the toddler is bullying his brother so they get another toddler to fight him). In terms of the throwaway cbs shows, it was one of the more palatable. Of course, anything looka okayf you had just sat throughb 30 minues of According to Jim.

Also, raymond had some great jokes that took the entjre episode to set up. Yes, I's groan at like 20 minutes of dumb wrjting, bht then theyd drop a joke that sewed everything up together amazingly and was really original and I would laugh hard and wonder if it was worth the trade

Also raymond had that one episode where the entire plot was that the mom made a statue that was basically a giant vagina. That loving owned

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 8, 2016

Kindergarten Camp
Nov 27, 2015

Edit: nvm

Kindergarten Camp fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 8, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've known a lot of sad middle class old people who LOVE Raymond. I think the whole misanthropy angle explains a lot.

E-- \/ \/ \/ \/ Oh god I remember seeing ads for that years ago and was shocked when I learned it was still running. Seriously who does Seth Meyers keep blowing to get work?

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 8, 2016

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Awesomes is the worst show ever made and I can prove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY49pZijwiI

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Blistex posted:

According to Jim is even worse

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

E-- \/ \/ \/ \/ Oh god I remember seeing ads for that years ago and was shocked when I learned it was still running. Seriously who does Seth Meyers keep blowing to get work?

hes one of lorne michaels longtime toadies, only unlike jimmy fallon he cant even do a lovely impression to save his life

its not a coincidence SNL was its shittiest when he was head writer

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Gaunab posted:

Ren and stimpy

This is the bad tv thread not the best shows ever made thread

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

hes one of lorne michaels longtime toadies, only unlike jimmy fallon he cant even do a lovely impression to save his life

its not a coincidence SNL was its shittiest when he was head writer

Ah so he's the basset hound to Fallon's golden retriever.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

According to Jim is even worse

Yes Dear, According to Jim, and Still Standing used to be my lunch break shows on TBS. They just kind of rotated those for a few years in the early 2010s.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

this is also my pick

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

allen gregory really is a good answer to this question

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

is it really worse than family guy? is it really possible?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wall Balls posted:

family guy will make you laugh eventually, allen gregory is incredibly bad in a painful way, from the concept to the characters to the art to the dialogue

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Fonzarelli posted:

family guy will make you laugh eventually, allen gregory is incredibly bad in a painful way, from the concept to the characters to the art to the dialogue

it really won't, they sound like very similar shows

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What, you don't think spending half of your cartoon showing clips of Conway Twitty is good television?

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
I can't loving stand The Big Bang Theory. Also my gf made me watch Helix which was super retarded

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wall Balls posted:

it really won't, they sound like very similar shows
its bad for sure but i guarantee that if you kept watching family guy you'd laugh eventually, it'll get you at some point

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Bro Dad posted:

The Awesomes is the worst show ever made and I can prove it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY49pZijwiI

Dang, I saw better made cartoons on Newgrounds in 2008

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I never liked Ray Romano as a comedian, and Everybody Loves Raymond was an utter piece of dogshit. It was one of those shows that if it came on I scrambled to find the remote to get it the hell off my screen.

I have to endure the loving Big Bang Theory more often than I'd care to because my parents inexplicably seem to like it and its on at their house sometimes when I visit. They generally don't have terrible taste so I don't really understand why they intentionally watch such a piece of oversaturated horseshit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

at least the wife was decent

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Byron Allen's...well, anything. There is something admirable about being consistently, embarrassingly bad for four straight decades. The undisputed king of 3:45 AM low effort celeb press junket interviews, and now a very wealthy man who runs a content mill to pad out those 1,000+ channel subscriptions.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's not the worst ever but I can't loving stand Black Books or the IT Crowd. They're the CBS sitcoms of the British world and hearing people with otherwise good taste go on about how brilliant they are always makes me think "really?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wall Balls posted:

It really is. It's somehow more unpleasant-looking, and its mean-spiritedness is directed specifically at the only slightly likable characters.

• Locked thread