Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What star level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I broke into the top 200 today, tomorrow I bet I can get into top 100. The crystals are rolling in, woo.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

What star level?

My poggle is only 4*. Sid/Lumi are 7, Kylo 6, and I believe Poe is 5.

Once I get my IG88 up to snuff, I think that 3rd AOE (instead of Lumi) will allow me to wipe the team out, especially with Sid and Poe dropping debuffs to boost IG88.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

I broke into the top 200 today, tomorrow I bet I can get into top 100. The crystals are rolling in, woo.

sub 200 is where it's at, boys. That's when you first break 800 arena marks/day (due to the 100 from daily Arena). It really speed the Sidious leveling up.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Woo, just need to wait for shipment refresh, and I can promote Sid to 5*. I'm assuming I should just keep climbing to 7 with him. I'm also a day or so out of getting Lumi to 5*. I think from there, I'll be taking Phasma to 4*, then Lumi to 7.
I'm not sure what other directions to go. I've nearly caught Luke up to Resistance Pilot in power, but he still does significantly less damage. I do need to level his abilities some more. He's still great. I love his stun in PVP, so I really want to work on getting him to 5*. However, JC is at 39/65 to 5*, and that will happen a lot faster if I'm farming him in Hard and Cantina. But...Luke is only farmable in Cantina, and that's going to take forever regardless. Too many decisions to make in this game.

I haven't really bothered with Chewie for a bit, I'd much rather get Poe as a tank, especially since he synergizes well with Pilot and Trooper.

Here's most of my cast, sorted by power. Everything below Daka is just generic.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
I took out Chewie for Old Daka and she helps a ton in GW, even at 4*. The possibility to stun 2 enemies per attack, combined with a Phasma leader, makes her invaluable in shutting down attacks.

She's just really slow though, and I've been going up against teams with FOTP who just loving one shots everybody on my team.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Got Sid and Lum to 6 stars with the same shipment. Only reason I even had that much gold was coming in 2nd in the arena. Think I'll take the four days to hit phasma 5 just to raise the arena defense a bit. Tired of clawing my way back from the high twenties each morning.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
Just got enough shards from Cantina to unlock Finn to go with my Poe! Commence "Operation Bro Force"!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mezzanine posted:

Just got enough shards from Cantina to unlock Finn to go with my Poe! Commence "Operation Bro Force"!

Get a resistance trooper and pilot up in that bitch too. Just make a resistance team, for realz.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just in case you were curious on money and what it gets you in this game, there's a post at the top of /r/swgalaxyofheroes about what $800 gets you.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Zotix posted:

Just in case you were curious on money and what it gets you in this game, there's a post at the top of /r/swgalaxyofheroes about what $800 gets you.

Spoilers: Nothing! You get nothing!

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
The terrible video he's talking about is here.

But yes, the message is its absolutely nothing after mid-game unless you want to keep spending even more.

My favourite part of that reddit is the "Why all the hate for us whales?" posts.
":cry: my feelings are hurt by people talking about my spending $1500 on an energy based game designed to milk me for all of my poor impulse control :cry:"
There's been a new one every single day I've visited there.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Well in all reality you wouldn't have a game to play without whales.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wow, getting Old Daka to gear level 4 is really energy intensive.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Get a resistance trooper and pilot up in that bitch too. Just make a resistance team, for realz.

Way ahead of you man! Just got Pilot up to 4 stars, Trooper is still stuck at 3 because hard mode only.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Zotix posted:

Well in all reality you wouldn't have a game to play without whales.
Not at all important in my view of "Watching babies whine about their feelings being hurt by bad words is funny"

I know you've spent money too and I don't feel like you're a shitlord for doing it. What makes those people shitlords is thinking complaining in public about bad words is going to make everyone go "Oh you're right, we owe it all to you, we'll stop being mean - in fact, would you like a crown and a ceremony along with your bottle of warm milk?"

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

It's a two way street though. There's a poo poo ton of hostility towards whales on the sub reddit. I've spent money, but im nowhere near the people with full 7* premium teams. The real whales. The thing is those are the people that make the game go. It's not the $5 packs that a lot of people might buy. It's the thousands that less than 1% spend that really make games run.

That being said I bet a fuckton of it is off of stolen credit cards.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Thing is, it isn't the whales at all in a game like goh. It's spot on the charts puts it at combined around 2-3 million dollars a day. $10k from an individual is a rounding error. What paid for the game was Dooku. It's if you can get 5% of the DAU to convert, instead of 2%. It honestly wouldn't surprise me that the moment the game was in the black is when they removed him from the bundle.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just pulled a Mace Windu from bronzium, and I have to say I am a fan of his first skill

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Hughlander posted:

Thing is, it isn't the whales at all in a game like goh. It's spot on the charts puts it at combined around 2-3 million dollars a day. $10k from an individual is a rounding error. What paid for the game was Dooku. It's if you can get 5% of the DAU to convert, instead of 2%. It honestly wouldn't surprise me that the moment the game was in the black is when they removed him from the bundle.

You're wrong about that. It's not the $5 bundles. If it was the $5 bundles, they'd be offering them more often. You know what they offered? They offered a $100 bundle. Because the Jedi bundle sold. The Barris bundle sold. And the Droid bundle sold. If the $5 bundle is what made them their profits, they'd be putting out more of them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As interesting as talking about the economics of an f2p game is I feel like it's a tragedy that the Mace Windu skill "Invincible rear end" is being ignored

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Missed out sniping the number one arena spot by about 5 seconds because Daka's attack is so, so sloooow.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

As interesting as talking about the economics of an f2p game is I feel like it's a tragedy that the Mace Windu skill "Invincible rear end" is being ignored

I think everyone's worried about commenting on Sam Jacksons' rear end. You've seen how mad he gets when you confuse him with Morgan Freeman.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

This game is going to be a lot better when they add in higher level daily challenges, and they actually drop purple pieces. It's so weird that one T2 challenge drops a single purple piece and all of the others drop blue pieces.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
I'm going to hit the level where I can start farming Kylo Ren from the Cantina before I even unlock Luke. Level 52 and 34/50 Luke shards, nothing like a whole week of farming a lovely droprate completely negated and will end up useless!

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Metos posted:

Not at all important in my view of "Watching babies whine about their feelings being hurt by bad words is funny"

I know you've spent money too and I don't feel like you're a shitlord for doing it. What makes those people shitlords is thinking complaining in public about bad words is going to make everyone go "Oh you're right, we owe it all to you, we'll stop being mean - in fact, would you like a crown and a ceremony along with your bottle of warm milk?"

Well the guy who made that post just started the game so he's not even a whale. What he's trying to say is, "children, stop acting like five year olds and acting hostile and jealous towards someone who did something you can't afford to do."

I couldn't care less what another user does, so I never understood the hate, especially in this game. If someone wants to spend $1000 on mace windu, then go for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Wow, getting Old Daka to gear level 4 is really energy intensive.

I spent 100 crystals for a single purple... round thing. I don't know what the names of these are.

I need like 60 total.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Protip:

Dont switch from GW to Arenas, forget you have done so, and then Force Close after losing your tank.

Doh!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Lol, I've done that. Started the program back up and wondered why I have a cooldown on arena ;/

Any news on guilds /or whatever star warsism they are going to use to descibe it? Taking down a Rancor or something with my goon brothers would be super cool! Think of the sweet loot rewards!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I'm confused. am I supposed to get lumi or resistance pilot with GW greenbux? i've got talia 3* and jc 3* for heals and only deeps is sidious at level 44. Should i prioritize more heals?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

Protip:

Dont switch from GW to Arenas, forget you have done so, and then Force Close after losing your tank.

Doh!

I've legit done this, the struggle is real.

afkmacro posted:

I'm confused. am I supposed to get lumi or resistance pilot with GW greenbux? i've got talia 3* and jc 3* for heals and only deeps is sidious at level 44. Should i prioritize more heals?

You should drop Talia like a hot rock and get a 7-star Lumi like a loving BOSS

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Roid666 posted:

Lol, I've done that. Started the program back up and wondered why I have a cooldown on arena ;/

Any news on guilds /or whatever star warsism they are going to use to descibe it? Taking down a Rancor or something with my goon brothers would be super cool! Think of the sweet loot rewards!

Since they are copying Heroes Charge in about 2000 different ways (that's a good thing to me, loved HC), I would expect guilds and raids to come at some point. They could do a lot of cool stuff, like attacking AT-AT, boarding a star destroyer and clearing it out, etc. They really need to include some social features though. At least a chat room for everyone (hopefully cross-server shard).

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
This is the first mobile game I've played of its type. That sounds loving boss.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Mk4 SoroSuub Keypad, needs 20 Mk4 SoroSuub Keypad Prototype salvage.
And the same for the Mk 8 BlasTech Weapon Mod Prototype. The Mk3 is also a pain, but not purple pain.
Lumi's ...two? slots at rank 6>7 is a pain to grind.

Asajj was pretty easy, if I recall correctly.

But poo poo like Mk 2 Sienar Holo Projector and that other +250 health component is my loving bottleneck, and the drop rate is horrendous. And you need 5, at least.

Alright, enough whining about lovely drop rates and gear grind, I got some Arena choices to make (finally)!
My current Arena team (At 53-54) is:
Leader: Chewie (5 stars), gear lvl V (loving pain to grind for, lots of blastech and Sienar Holo Projectors), Power: 2872
Luminara Unduli (4 stars, soon 5 stars), gear lvl VI(7... in like a week, so much purple poo poo), Power: 3021
Asajj Ventress (4 stars), gear lvl VII, Power: 2964
Talia (5 stars), gear lvl VI, Power: 3175
JC (4 stars), gear lvl IV, Power: 2203

Now I'm lacking a little killy, and the team is probably pretty easy to exploit in arena with a Sid or high DPS so I got some possible benchers coming up:
Sid (4 stars), gear lvl V (soon VI), Power: 2582. Pretty fresh, so still around lvl 3 abilities and no shards towards 5 stars.
Phasma (4 stars), gear lvl V, Power: 2349. Skills between 3-4 (got leadership and fusillade at 4). No shards towards 5 (Lumi comes first, I figure).

Others I could include:
FO Stormtrooper (4 stars), Gear lvl V, Power: 2326. Skills at 2-3.
Ahsoka Tano (4 stars), Gear lvl IV (soon at V), skills at 3-4. Grinding her shards is slow going though.
Mace Windu (4 stars), Gear lvl IV, Power 1958 (behind on levels), Power: 2143. Slow grind here too.
Poe (3 stars), Gear lvl 4, Skills at 2-3. Behind on levels at the moment, have been prioritizing getting Daka.

I got Resistance Pilot, IG-86 and the FOTP but all at bottom lvls and in need of shards (can't get FOTP yet). Dooku is 6 shards away, but will be 3 stars.
So, what sort of Arena team can I put together with this mess? Sid/Phasma for leader? Drop JC and Chewie? Grind up an Attacker like the Pilot of IG-86?
A little tempted to do a Nightsisters team once I get Daka, with Asajj at the helm (speed buff).
For Arena shipments I'm a little divided on pouring them into getting either Asajj or Sid to 5 stars, Asajj certainly got the gear level for it to maybe be worth it over Sid?

Wierdly enough I'm oscillating wildly in arena, two days ago I couldn't break into 200 (After having been at ~130 for days) and today I'm back down at 141, and the only thng that changed was getting Asajj to purple :iiam:

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 8, 2016

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fought my first FO team as the last team in a GW. Phasma lead, officer, storm trooper, Chewie, JC. It could have been tough if Chewie was Kylo and JC was Lum. Something to think about in a few months when at the level cap.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I've legit done this, the struggle is real.

You should drop Talia like a hot rock and get a 7-star Lumi like a loving BOSS

I like Talia and no-one can tell me otherwise.

Self-healing DPS who can occasionally pull out a clutch heal? She also kinda serves as a tank because of the self-heal. I can't wait to boost it up to 45% lifesteal while getting her gear up to Purple.

Some Guy Upthread posted:

Beat up tanks to work down cooldowns.

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I just picked this up and have been prioritizing leveling up Chewie and the JC with kinda whatever I can find for the rest of my deck. I haven't managed to put together enough for a dark side deck, is it worth dropping 5 bux on Greedo to get Darkside going? Or should I just keep grinding my arena games and the daily light side games?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I have sub-200 success with:

4-star Chewie gear VI
3-star Poe gear VI
3-star Luke gear VI
4-star Luminara Undili gear VI
4-star JC gear VI

I have a 3-star Phasma and a 4-star Sid in the wings, working on ability ups. I don't see a need to change right now, though. I might sub in Sid for Chewie, but I kind of feel like I'd be better served with another DPS like Resistance Trooper.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mile'ionaha posted:

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

Self-quoting, but I just want to reiterate how *fun* GW is.

Even with Force-Quit, it’s way more interesting. You get to be very tactical, sacrifice pawns to make progress, and generally have more to play with than the other matchups in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mile'ionaha posted:

Self-healing DPS who can occasionally pull out a clutch heal? She also kinda serves as a tank because of the self-heal. I can't wait to boost it up to 45% lifesteal while getting her gear up to Purple.

Luminara is the 3rd fasted ATTACKER in the game, and she comes with a group heal. She's usually the first to attack and can be devastating in conjunction with a Poe debuff.

Super 3 posted:

I just picked this up and have been prioritizing leveling up Chewie and the JC with kinda whatever I can find for the rest of my deck. I haven't managed to put together enough for a dark side deck, is it worth dropping 5 bux on Greedo to get Darkside going? Or should I just keep grinding my arena games and the daily light side games?

Ideally, you're going to be replacing Chewie with something more damagy later. He's absolutely worth taking to 4-star, but I'd stop there and just grind JC after that.

I've got a 4-star Chewie with mostly rank 4 skills and gear VI and he's a useful tool, but honestly I'd be better served with a higher damage character now.

Luke is also well worth the time to farm up, he's real, real good.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 8, 2016

• Locked thread