Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sweden has multiple truther groups too for reasons I will never understand.

Even odder was at one point the biggest Princess Diana conspiracy group was based out of Denmark.That's one I'll never get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Scandinavia is so depressing people need a coping mechanism and not everyone is into death metal :denmark::sweden::norway:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Trying to put off working for as long as possible today I looked up what was happening in the world of Norwegian truthers. Apparently they're in a panic because of the threat of a CIA sponsored Islamic coup underway in the country following the false flag attacks in Paris following decades of covert CIA activity in Norway.

I imagine I would get pretty bored in Norway too.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Why does Norway even have truther groups? Who there cares enough to organize?

It's racism.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Apparently they're in a panic because of the threat of a CIA sponsored Islamic coup underway in the country

See? Racism.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

Trying to put off working for as long as possible today I looked up what was happening in the world of Norwegian truthers. Apparently they're in a panic because of the threat of a CIA sponsored Islamic coup underway in the country following the false flag attacks in Paris following decades of covert CIA activity in Norway.

I imagine I would get pretty bored in Norway too.

old norwegians are deathly afraid of "arab countries". They told me everything is arabian down there.
i was like, hello? have u even played MGS5? racist.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Denmarks psychiatric system is overburdened and underfunded, cannabis is much more readily available than in the rest of northern Europe, and there's a lot of racism.

Also, equality of sexes means a lot of truthers are young males with no social skills - who cloister themselves in basements, smoking weed and immersing themselves in the shithead lolbertarian reddit/MRA segment, where they don't get any new input and a lot of echo chamber effect.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Tias posted:

Also, equality of sexes means a lot of truthers are young males with no social skills

Loose women could save Denmark. State funded brothels for the people :denmark:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Oh hell no, the less sex these people have the better

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

blowfish posted:

Loose women could save Denmark. State funded brothels for the people :denmark:

Tias posted:

Oh hell no, the less sex these people have the better

Yea, worse than being a lonely basement-dweller who has no idea about women because he rarely-if-ever interacts with them is being a lonely basement dweller who has really skewed views of women that get reinforced by sex workers who are agreeing with his idiocy for a paycheck. The guy wearing a trilby at the strip club is guaranteed to be a bigger douche than the guy who just wears one at home.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

blowfish posted:

Scandinavia is so depressing people need a coping mechanism and not everyone is into death metal :denmark::sweden::norway:

Lady Naga posted:

It's racism.

Both of these are true.

Tias
May 25, 2008

e_angst posted:

Yea, worse than being a lonely basement-dweller who has no idea about women because he rarely-if-ever interacts with them is being a lonely basement dweller who has really skewed views of women that get reinforced by sex workers who are agreeing with his idiocy for a paycheck. The guy wearing a trilby at the strip club is guaranteed to be a bigger douche than the guy who just wears one at home.

I don't have any opinion on sex work one way or the other (safe that it should be regulated and organized so it's practicioners can be safe from coercian and violence, but that's another discussion), but we definitely shouldn't try to reward MRA/PUA feceslords unless they start educating themselves and stop hating women (and jews, lizards, chemtrails etc.).

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

social reeducation programme with free hooker coupon upon successful completion

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

i mean to a large extent sadbrained basement dwelling buttlords hate women because they have never been touched by a woman

Tias
May 25, 2008

Yeah, but their horrible opinions largely consists of the fact that they should be allowed to violate women because they convince each other that they should. Dominating and harassing women is not a right, and we should in no way encourage them. Ever.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
If we legalized prostitution the basement dwellers would just butch about how all the hot ones are too expensive. Then it becomes, "back in the day, women gave out sex for free but now they reserve it only for the super rich." You can't win with neets

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

If we legalized prostitution the basement dwellers would just butch about how all the hot ones are too expensive. Then it becomes, "back in the day, women gave out sex for free but now they reserve it only for the super rich." You can't win with neets

hmmm prostitution is legal where i live and it turned out ok

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

blowfish posted:

social reeducation programme with free hooker coupon upon successful completion

This would be hilarious, but kinda plays perfectly into the "I am a nice guy, I deserve a sex-cookie" mentality.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

e_angst posted:

This would be hilarious, but kinda plays perfectly into the "I am a nice guy, I deserve a sex-cookie" mentality.

Gotta advertise it to them, then spend the entire time brutally breaking that mentality.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Recidivism rates may or may not be high.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

hmmm prostitution is legal where i live and it turned out ok

Yeah otherwise how would your mom have saved up for your college fund

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

There must be thousands of these.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Binders full of nutjobs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Anyone who enjoys the insanity of this thread needs to be following the Oregon militia one as well because it's just insanity all the way.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758570

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Evil Fluffy posted:

Anyone who enjoys the insanity of this thread needs to be following the Oregon militia one as well because it's just insanity all the way.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758570

That thread is a million pages long, but why exactly are they protesting anyways? Something something disability we want free land??

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Their disability is untreated ptsd.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Baronjutter posted:

That thread is a million pages long, but why exactly are they protesting anyways? Something something disability we want free land??

Depending who you ask it's somewhere between "we want the freedom to exploit federal land without paying a cent" and "the federal government does not exist and the country is rightfully run by sheriffs and local paramilitaries".

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Baronjutter posted:

The Federal Government isn't allowed to own land because flags have a gold fringe.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Baronjutter posted:

Sov Cits, Federal Government can't own land, Ranchers R Us, militia movements. It's a cauldron of insanity with people like Ammon Bundy, and gems of crazy like Pete Santilli:
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/militant-broadcaster-brands-15-year-old-girl-a-prostitute-for-crying-in-fear-at-oregon-town-meeting/

That guy also, on a live stream today, said something along the lines of "I want to be in the top 5 for domestic terrorists."

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sov Cits, Federal Government can't own land, Ranchers R Us, militia movements. It's a cauldron of insanity with people like Ammon Bundy, and gems of crazy like Pete Santilli:

This really sounds like you're describing a Judge Dredd story arc.

Tias
May 25, 2008

MasterSlowPoke posted:

The Federal Government isn't allowed to own land because flags have a gold fringe.

I still don't get just how stupid these people are. I mean, they've tried a million times now to say magic words to dispel government, and it always ends with them getting beat up and put in cuffs. How do you not learn that things don't really work like in your crack rear end fantasy?

It'd be funny, if they didn't legitimately saw themselves as good guys with guns, and often try to kill public officials.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tias posted:

I still don't get just how stupid these people are. I mean, they've tried a million times now to say magic words to dispel government, and it always ends with them getting beat up and put in cuffs. How do you not learn that things don't really work like in your crack rear end fantasy?

It'd be funny, if they didn't legitimately saw themselves as good guys with guns, and often try to kill public officials.

Often times they're either literally crazy or developed a belief that's almost religious. It also sounds so incredibly good to be able to just wave your fingers at the government and make it do what you want. It also doesn't help that the right has been spreading "the government sucks and can never do anything right" rhetoric for so long. Meanwhile the super rich get away with pretty much anything so there must be some loophole to get out of everything. It's like a perfect poo poo storm that comes together and creates sovereign citizens. Then you get con men basically telling these people "hey if you pay me to teach you the loopholes you'll be able to do whatever you want!"

But I also have to wonder just what the hell makes these people believe that a functional government would allow loopholes like "if you point out the flag has a gold trim you can walk out of court and ignore all charges against you" to exist and be freely, easily used by anybody who knows they're there. If you could actually get away with that it'd be fixed real drat quick or nobody would be charged with any crimes, ever.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Often times they're either literally crazy or developed a belief that's almost religious. It also sounds so incredibly good to be able to just wave your fingers at the government and make it do what you want. It also doesn't help that the right has been spreading "the government sucks and can never do anything right" rhetoric for so long. Meanwhile the super rich get away with pretty much anything so there must be some loophole to get out of everything. It's like a perfect poo poo storm that comes together and creates sovereign citizens. Then you get con men basically telling these people "hey if you pay me to teach you the loopholes you'll be able to do whatever you want!"

But I also have to wonder just what the hell makes these people believe that a functional government would allow loopholes like "if you point out the flag has a gold trim you can walk out of court and ignore all charges against you" to exist and be freely, easily used by anybody who knows they're there. If you could actually get away with that it'd be fixed real drat quick or nobody would be charged with any crimes, ever.

Naturally, the one loophole that actually works gets ignored: stop being poor.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It doesn't have to make sense. All it has to do is make them feel powerful. People who believe this stuff aren't usually the best at logic and they're trained to reject dissenting views as borderline heresey.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A pretty sizable portion of the population believes that magic and secret knowledge exist. Add to that the belief in secret shadow societies that rule everything from behind the scenes. It's not that big of a leap of faith to believe then that you, too, can be initiated into these secrets and gain their power. The idea that it's just groups of people who have agreed to follow certain rules for their mutual benefit is somehow too simple to be possible.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

This really sounds like you're describing a Judge Dredd story arc.

It about as out there as Judge Dredd, only instead of megacity dystopian hell it's a bunch of right wing libertarians and freemen who think that they can cast Power Word 'Murica and the government they don't like is struck down (no saving throw).

Tias posted:

The US has pretty much zero mental health care and what we do have is stigmatized heavily. Lots of these people need psychiatric help that they are never going to receive.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is there any real reaction to the Bundy standoff in the conspiracy crowd?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's a false flag, obviously.

http://www.infowars.com/oregon-stand-off-could-boost-obamas-gun-control-push/

Also, infowars did some debate analysis if you want to know who's sucking the NWO's cock the most.

http://www.infowars.com/watch-gop-debate-here-political-science-theater-3k/

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 15, 2016

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

I want to see an infowar success story where half a dozen pasty nerds with guns try to be a militia and then all the other pasty infowar nerds call them out for being big gubmint infiltrators.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

blowfish posted:

I want to see an infowar success story where half a dozen pasty nerds with guns try to be a militia and then all the other pasty infowar nerds call them out for being big gubmint infiltrators.

Sandy Hook, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I met somebody who claims that bows & arrows are just as effective as guns, if not more so, and the only reason we have the latter is because the government changes how we fight wars every so often to drive arms sales and also that said government forged the Rosetta Stone to hide the fact that the Egyptian Pharaohs were the most enlightened beings to ever exist and it's the fake stone causing all hieroglyphs to be incorrectly translated to be about wars and massacres and poo poo instead of guides to enlightenment. Is there any brand of conspiracy mongers that actually say this poo poo or is this all his own drug fuelled insanity?

• Locked thread