Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
Ok it's official. Getting glitch kills is WAY worse than vision pulse kills.

Javes posted:

Versus, looks like you played against a youtuber (spoiler: you make him really mad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpeYAFZuJJY

He gets really mad about people having their aim up while looking at high traffic areas when he is at least as bad about doing that while nearly stationary, except he also hides in low traffic areas with DS/awareness, and also about flinch while using a gun with a recoil pattern I dislike. Also, it's not like I can get dark matter without using SMGs :shobon:

I'm going to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I just joined a hardcore domination match that was 7 vs 4. Uhhhh...

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

housefly posted:

I just joined a hardcore domination match that was 7 vs 4. Uhhhh...

this is a good game

by competent developers

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The industry leader in tactical team based first person shooters!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

versus posted:

Ok it's official. Getting glitch kills is WAY worse than vision pulse kills.

As much as I sing the praises of glitch it really is incredibly difficult getting glitch kills.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Glitch kills is about as dumb as pistol longshots. I use glitch to get out of trouble, not get kills. Likewise, longshots with pistols ???????????

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I've had good luck getting kill achievements on Chaos Moshpit nuketown since it's so chaotic. Unlocked my Seraph Combat Focus Helmet by accident, ffs.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

Javes posted:

Versus, looks like you played against a youtuber (spoiler: you make him really mad).

"Wow, I got a double kill in Core." Is this guy a caricature?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mr. McGibblets posted:

It was just one punch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixXqHh_Bts8

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

teknetik posted:

"Wow, I got a double kill in Core." Is this guy a caricature?

Hardcore whiners playing core make no sense to me. loving play HC?

The other one that kinda cracks me up a lot now is bitching about flinch. Headshots do about fuckall for you outside high caliber, so going for headshots is usually a terrible idea in any situation other than 'dude is behind cover at long range and I have to shoot his face'.

The consequence of never bothering to go for headshots outside that means flinch rarely matters much, I don't really notice it now except when I get (loving) melted by some dude using a hical Manowar or KN44 and the hipfire flinch knocked his aim into my face.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

versus posted:

He gets really mad about people having their aim up while looking at high traffic areas when he is at least as bad about doing that while nearly stationary, except he also hides in low traffic areas with DS/awareness, and also about flinch while using a gun with a recoil pattern I dislike. Also, it's not like I can get dark matter without using SMGs :shobon:

I'm going to stream: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

The best part about getting streamers or youtubers mad is you don't even have to put in effort to make a video about them.

Throwback to the Blops 2 days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf-080G3IeY

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Javes posted:

Who knew Mort from Family Guy played Black Ops in his spare time?

I particularly like the way he calls the Vesper a gun for scrubs, then uses the sight that turns red when you point it at an enemy. Bravo, idiot.

I mean, I'm better than this guy, and I'm just awful.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

So I think now that I can occasionally get good K/D, i might put mothership on my 3rd streak.

i can dream, right? :ohdear:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Brecci with long barrel on HC is cheating. I cheat with that. Hopefully shotgun diamond goes faster than AR.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Deviant posted:

So I think now that I can occasionally get good K/D, i might put mothership on my 3rd streak.

i can dream, right? :ohdear:

It's been kind of heartwarming watching you progress from 'how do I shot mans' to 'MOTHERSHIP' :3:

Mothership has two problems: If you stuff it early, it takes loving forever to earn another before the match ends, and when you call one in, good odds the other team just quits.

I did have some good luck with it last night though, I moved to the least desirable spawn that I did not want them appearing at (:devil:), called it in and wrecked them at the remaining spawns that made easy targets. And no one quit!

I think Wraith/HATR/RAPS is still probably the best overall ruin-the-other-team streak setup, because it overloads pubby anti-air, and leads to an absolute slaughter as your teammates run all over them with the HATR/RAPS coverage, leading to more streaks, leading to more quits etcetc.

Alternate comedy option: Sentry/Cerberus/whatever, drop Sentries and Cerberus at every spawn point.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH

victrix posted:

It's been kind of heartwarming watching you progress from 'how do I shot mans' to 'MOTHERSHIP' :3:

Mothership has two problems: If you stuff it early, it takes loving forever to earn another before the match ends, and when you call one in, good odds the other team just quits.

I did have some good luck with it last night though, I moved to the least desirable spawn that I did not want them appearing at (:devil:), called it in and wrecked them at the remaining spawns that made easy targets. And no one quit!

I think Wraith/HATR/RAPS is still probably the best overall ruin-the-other-team streak setup, because it overloads pubby anti-air, and leads to an absolute slaughter as your teammates run all over them with the HATR/RAPS coverage, leading to more streaks, leading to more quits etcetc.

Alternate comedy option: Sentry/Cerberus/whatever, drop Sentries and Cerberus at every spawn point.

Honestly, any combination of Wraith/HATR/+ is pretty bonkers. I run Sentry with those two just because pubbies can't seem to react to it appropriately.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Javes posted:

1. Complains about "realism" in a game set in the future with buzzsaw robots. Check.
2. It's never his fault when he dies. It's either the weapon that killed him, or the players weren't on his minimap, etc. Check.
3. Blames the game mode for his poor performance ("I'm not cut out for this core poo poo", "I don't believe how bad core is"). Check.
4. Calls the game a "failure" while posting video after video of himself playing it for hours on end. Check.
5. Doesn't play the objective in an objective based game mode. Check.
6. Blames loss on teammates. Check.

We have a certified genuine petulant crybaby CoD manchild here folks.

Edit: I posted that comment to the video as well. I'm grinning thinking about how high pitched is voice will be as the veins pop out of head when he reads it.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

teknetik posted:

Honestly, any combination of Wraith/HATR/+ is pretty bonkers. I run Sentry with those two just because pubbies can't seem to react to it appropriately.

The main reason to use RAPS instead of whatever else is the anti-air overload. You put up 9 or 10 rockets worth of targets, which is enough to prevent them from shooting it all down instantly. By the time they destroy anything, they've all died repeatedly to Wraith attacks/HATR teammate pushes/RAPS get deployed. Plus RAPS chases people out of buildings and back out into the open where the Wraith can resume slaughtering them.

It's the same reason launching a Wraith alone is sometimes just loving worthless because it gets blown out of the sky almost instantly by the publords who shoot down UAVs/CUAVs within seconds.

One nice thing about that predictability though: If you are running UAV/CUAV for whatever reason, calling them in right before you push the enemy spawn is always a great time, because you'll always run into 1-2 dudes staring at the sky with blackcells out.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

victrix posted:

One nice thing about that predictability though: If you are running UAV/CUAV for whatever reason, calling them in right before you push the enemy spawn is always a great time, because you'll always run into 1-2 dudes staring at the sky with blackcells out.

Or it'll be like when I call out "I got it!" at a UAV, then forget I don't have a blackcell on that build and just shake my fist at the sky angrily.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

I do not miss living in that shithole where every person is basically that guy.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Apparently his life revolves around Youtube subs and views:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

bear is driving! posted:

He deleted your response.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I run high caliber on my KN-44 and sometimes accidentally get a headshot while jumping like an idiot and am surprised at the 2 shot kills.

Also I just unlocked the Argus does this gun have completely garbage hipfire or was I just in one of those hitmarker lobbies

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of VersusSA how do I get one of those big try anime avatars for PS4?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

I run high caliber on my KN-44 and sometimes accidentally get a headshot while jumping like an idiot and am surprised at the 2 shot kills.

Also I just unlocked the Argus does this gun have completely garbage hipfire or was I just in one of those hitmarker lobbies

Both.

I had massive consistency problems with the Argus though, to the point that it's my worst k/d shotgun, and one of my worst k/d guns period.

Just a ton of times I'd ADS, fire, and... nothing. No hitmarker, nothing.

I've seen a few other people complain about it's consistency, but I don't know what the gently caress the problem is. That was with Quickdraw/Stock.

I figured ok maybe it's still in the hipfire transition and I'm getting hipfire spread. I'd pre-ADS, strafe around corner, fire and... nothing.

Not even lag either, plenty of times I'd fire at a dude well before he reacted and I'd still die.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

victrix posted:

Both.

I had massive consistency problems with the Argus though, to the point that it's my worst k/d shotgun, and one of my worst k/d guns period.

Just a ton of times I'd ADS, fire, and... nothing. No hitmarker, nothing.

I've seen a few other people complain about it's consistency, but I don't know what the gently caress the problem is. That was with Quickdraw/Stock.

I figured ok maybe it's still in the hipfire transition and I'm getting hipfire spread. I'd pre-ADS, strafe around corner, fire and... nothing.

Not even lag either, plenty of times I'd fire at a dude well before he reacted and I'd still die.

Actually this is the exact experience I had with the gun too. I walked up behind a dude, hip fire and got zero hit markers, ADS and somehow completely miss at point blank and die. I am not exactly a great shooter but if that was the KRM I guarantee the dude would have died to either shot.

That sucks, the lever action on the gun seemed pretty cool, but my experience basically totally mirrors what you said.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

bear is driving! posted:

I have now subscribed to your youtube channel. That'll learn him.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ma6XSZRdrM

Misses the guy falling into the water on his left, turns and sprays in a full circle :lol:

e: starts at 3:15

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I have now subscribed to your youtube channel. That'll learn him.

5 subscribers. My life now has meaning.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
You'll have that Machinima contract in no time.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Ugh. That guy makes me really sad :(

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

bear is driving! posted:

I've also added you. We'll show him yet!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That guy's fake rage is pretty bad. He did pretty well despite his complaining.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I hope I never get that mad at video games.

I'm rocking a .82 K/D :v:

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

victrix posted:

The main reason to use RAPS instead of whatever else is the anti-air overload. You put up 9 or 10 rockets worth of targets, which is enough to prevent them from shooting it all down instantly. By the time they destroy anything, they've all died repeatedly to Wraith attacks/HATR teammate pushes/RAPS get deployed. Plus RAPS chases people out of buildings and back out into the open where the Wraith can resume slaughtering them.

It's the same reason launching a Wraith alone is sometimes just loving worthless because it gets blown out of the sky almost instantly by the publords who shoot down UAVs/CUAVs within seconds.

I've been digging cerb/talon/raps. Get kills for cerberus. Crawl into corner farm kills with cerb. When he runs out call talon. Repeat. Call raps laugh

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

Mill Village posted:

That guy's fake rage is pretty bad. He did pretty well despite his complaining.

He sounds like how I used to. Performed similarly too. It's kinda scary how fake rage can sound because you done believe people can get that mad

Edit:killer double post because of lovely phone postinh

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Javes posted:

Huh, Mark Levin plays videogames. How about that.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The_Fuzzinator posted:

I've been digging cerb/talon/raps. Get kills for cerberus. Crawl into corner farm kills with cerb. When he runs out call talon. Repeat. Call raps laugh

I hate controlling streaks :v:

I'd rather be up in their business farming their spawn personally

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

victrix posted:

I hate controlling streaks :v:

I'd rather be up in their business farming their spawn personally

You haven't seen stupidity until you watch people throw their body at a cerberus. It's almost as if they think rag doll physics does damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Making a Cerberus have a nice loving day now is good, though.

• Locked thread