Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical

Inzombiac posted:

One Billion Dollars (yes I know you're looking at a quarter of that once everyone takes their cut) is such an obscene amount of money.

You'd have to spend something like 5k a day from the day you were born to spend it all. No wait, the interest would out-pace it. You couldn't give it away fast enough.
Someone make Brewster's Billions and see a man die of a stroke.

Except what ends up happening is the redneck that wins buys a $50M super mansion, a $20M plane, like 30 $1M homes for their family and friends, a poo poo ton of cars and eventually it's all gone in less than 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
When I win I'm going to take the multiple payments instead of the lump sum.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Black Baby Goku posted:

I'll be playing and if I win I'll give a million to the funniest poster in the thread

how do you give money to yourself?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

When I win I'm going to take the multiple payments instead of the lump sum.

Im absolutely taking the lump sum. Theres no telling if our government will even honor that poo poo in a year lol.,

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Microwaves Mom posted:

Im absolutely taking the lump sum. Theres no telling if our government will even honor that poo poo in a year lol.,

I want my full billion

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I want my full billion
You think hillary will let that happen Hector?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Microwaves Mom posted:

You think hillary will let that happen Hector?

She gets a cut, so yes. Gotta spend money to make money.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

AHAHAHA

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
We're into, "This season's must have: Kidnap & Ransom Insurance," territory here. I'm not even sure I want to win.

Three Olives, if I do, can I hire you for a nouveau riche orienteering course? I don't want to use the wrong fork or get murdered.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I won £25 in the lottery yesterday going after the £50 million prize. I took that £25 and bought two tickets a week for the next three weeks. I won't win, but I might!

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Dangerous Mind posted:

Except what ends up happening is the redneck that wins buys a $50M super mansion, a $20M plane, like 30 $1M homes for their family and friends, a poo poo ton of cars and eventually it's all gone in less than 5 years.

How do you think Harley Davidson stays in business?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So with about $400 million dollars do you think its feasible for me to buy an island, arm a military, declare myself an independent nation, and declare war on ISIS? And also Portugal.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
With federal income tax, you're looking at ~$262,136,000 (less applicable state inc. tax)

But don't worry, assuming 8%/year, you could clear a billion in less than two decades

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

That guy knows what's up. It'd be like 24/7/365 hedonism for a year then I'd go back to my old job if I survive the debauchery.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wanted to say, "Marry a woman who only loves me for my money and buy myself out of a DUI manslaughter case."

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Solice Kirsk posted:

So with about $400 million dollars do you think its feasible for me to buy an island, arm a military, declare myself an independent nation, and declare war on ISIS? And also Portugal.

Yeah it's pretty much the Philiosopher's Legacy now.

Dangerous Mind
Apr 20, 2011

math is magical
Since the drawing isn't until Saturday night do you think it could hit like $900M by then?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

I always wanted to say, "Marry a woman who only loves me for my money and buy myself out of a DUI manslaughter case."

If there's one thing I've taken away from anti DUI commercials, it's that once you have enough money you can drive around drunk as hell no problem

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'd give Lowtax 50k to fix these forums

Permanently

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna buy a ticket and win those dollars. I feel like really I can't lose.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
800 million now.
496 in cash.

ALL THE HOOKERS AND BLOW!

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As someone who plays lottery year round it's nice to see everyone joining me in my depressing delusion that there's any chance I'll ever win. Hail satan.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Dangerous Mind posted:

Since the drawing isn't until Saturday night do you think it could hit like $900M by then?

Yea. Hell it might hit the big 1 Billion.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

soy posted:

As someone who plays lottery year round it's nice to see everyone joining me in my depressing delusion that there's any chance I'll ever win. Hail satan.

yeah I lost $20 last drawing, fool me once. shits a racket man

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Powercrazy posted:

Yea. Hell it might hit the big 1 Billion.

well wait, I'm back in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Darth123123 posted:

Of course it is but LoL anyone who buys more than one pull at a time.
A coworker of mine dropped $500 on tickets and was bragging about it. I'm gonna beat him with my $3 baby ticket and then throw nickels at him.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
LMAO i have to work on my day off at the gas station tomorrow night because of this poo poo

kill me

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth123123 posted:

My advice is to just pick one set of numbers and do advance plays, you still lose your money but at least the false hope lasts longer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fallows posted:

LMAO i have to work on my day off at the gas station tomorrow night because of this poo poo

kill me

Any money in it for me? Gotta afford my Powerball habit

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fallows posted:

kill me

Gonna steal a bunch of tickets?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

Of course it is but LoL anyone who buys more than one pull at a time.
A coworker of mine dropped $500 on tickets and was bragging about it. I'm gonna beat him with my $3 baby ticket and then throw nickels at him.

If you're going to play, you may as well buy two and double your chances of winning. Probably unwise to buy 250 tickets though

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Fallows posted:

kill me

Why not just spend the entire time playing scratch off tickets until you win a bunch of money and then walk out of there?

edit:
OR! You could do the old "no sale" trick when people buy stuff you have memorized and use the pocketed money to buy ALL the lotto tickets!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
im just going to print every possible combination and only pay for the one that wins

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

i dont know how many possible combinations that is but theres a few rolls of printer stock so ill just do the few thousand most likely winning combos

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
If you're buying like a day of hope with each ticket I think you'd probably be better off funneling that money into your booze/drugs budget instead

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Aralan posted:

If you're going to play, you may as well buy two and double your chances of winning. Probably unwise to buy 250 tickets though

This is my thinking as well. It's still loving stupid, but if you have already resigned to making a bad financial decision, go for it.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

i pay out on average like 50-100 dollars a day in lotto(powerball, lotto, mega, fantasy5), my scratch off pay offs are like 5-8x that usually

invest wisely goons

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

soy posted:

wtf? why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Fallows posted:

i pay out on average like 50-100 dollars a day in lotto(powerball, lotto, mega, fantasy5), my scratch off pay offs are like 5-8x that usually

invest wisely goons

Noice. You should write a book on how to win at the lottery IMO

• Locked thread