Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Have the devs made mention of what we can expect in terms of support for the Rift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Full 360 degree viewing of lovingly rendered asuran rear end.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Hope you guys got your resonating slivers while the exploit was up.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Watching guild chat right now and off the top of the bat they said that next build (Tuesday) there will be changes to legendary collections but no details on that right away yet.

edit: Big blog post coming next week regarding upcoming balance patch

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Hope you guys got your resonating slivers while the exploit was up.

WHAT THE gently caress I MISS EVERYTHING

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I was wondering why they dipped down to 20 silver, what was up with that?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Colin says they (anet) need to focus on polishing the existing game content rather than making a lot of new content, a couple times specifically calling it the Depth over Breadth strategy. This would be heartening news if he hadn't said essentially the same thing two years ago with it never panning out.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Colin says they (anet) need to focus on polishing the existing game content rather than making a lot of new content, a couple times specifically calling it the Depth over Breadth strategy. This would be heartening news if he hadn't said essentially the same thing two years ago with it never panning out.

Nah default to cautious optimism

So what if it didn't pan out before, maybe it will this time :buddy:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What to expect in 2016: 3 more skills with visual noise reduction and 7 tooltip text errors fixed.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD jumping puzzle event 2 hours after reset today, prizes galore.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

The issue I see is that a lot of the currently existing content requires massive groups to reap rewards, not sure how they could polish that in any significant manner.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

It's horribly cynical of me, but at this point, I can't help but read this as the "Why should we make new content when we're making plenty of money just putting new skins on the gem store?" strategy.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
New raid wing coming sometime after the super adventure box returns.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Speaking of SAB, someone already decoded the puzzle at the end of the live stream today its on reddit.

Holy poo poo I can't wait to play it :monocle:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
wait is sab actually coming back or is this just continuing to be the joke that will never die

cause sab jokes make me sad, i never got to play it :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

90% sure he's joking because I just checked it out. Nothing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:smith:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

The issue I see is that a lot of the currently existing content requires massive groups to reap rewards, not sure how they could polish that in any significant manner.

They could do some serious work in event scaling in the new zones. The best example was the Chak Gerent fight (and to their credit they actually made the fight winnable now), but just doing meta events sometimes you will notice poo poo loads of elites or champions will spawn even if there are very few people there.

Harrow posted:

It's horribly cynical of me, but at this point, I can't help but read this as the "Why should we make new content when we're making plenty of money just putting new skins on the gem store?" strategy.

For me I'm honestly thinking that they don't really have either depth or breadth. Content comes out at a very slow pace and is unpolished and will rarely be polished. The first season of living story was temporary content and therefore a worthless waste of time to develop. The second season they had regular updates but rarely was there anything more to them than a 10-15 minute story mission. It might've seemed like frequent content releases when they were doing living story stuff every two weeks, but a short story mission every two weeks isn't exactly the kind of content I had been hungry for. Had they released the living story episodes along side new dungeons or fractals and new pvp maps/modes that would've been fine, but that wasn't what happened. Again though, credit where it's due, drytop and silverwastes were pretty good zones.

The expansion has some honest-to-goodness great content and the art direction is top notch. But we had to wait three years for an expansion with much less content than the core game and a huge focus towards grinding to do pretty much anything and trying desperately to find servers that can actually do the content. They need to focus on both depth and breadth, not just one or the other.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

The expansion has some honest-to-goodness great content and the art direction is top notch. But we had to wait three years for an expansion with much less content than the core game and a huge focus towards grinding to do pretty much anything and trying desperately to find servers that can actually do the content. They need to focus on both depth and breadth, not just one or the other.

Yeah, this is why I haven't been playing. I burned out on open-world event grinding and I've run all of the existing fractals and dungeons to death already. I haven't tried the raid yet, to be fair, but a piece of once-a-week 10-player content doesn't really do much to fill my desire for 5-player instanced stuff. I liked dungeons :colbert:

I've also never been very into WvW, so maybe that's part of the reason the game just doesn't have much appeal for me anymore.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I was wondering why they dipped down to 20 silver, what was up with that?

You could make a fragment for 3 slivers then salvage it for 6, something like that. Some dudes put hundreds of thousands up on the TP and got banned but they didn't remove the supply

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
can someone post asurabutt.jpg

i need to link it to a friend to prove that asura do, in fact, have butts

e: nm got it but if someone wants to post it anyway that's okay too :buddy:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Honestly, I think a lot of the current content needs more than polishing. To me, a lot of anets issues are more gaping fissures than scuff marks.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

supposedly they teased gliding in the vanilla maps in the live stream today

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Magres posted:

can someone post asurabutt.jpg

i need to link it to a friend to prove that asura do, in fact, have butts

e: nm got it but if someone wants to post it anyway that's okay too :buddy:

I've got you buddy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Lyer posted:

Seems to be the case

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4033fw/gliding_coming_to_central_tyria/

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I was enjoying myself until the pvp season, then completely burned myself out. At least with most grindy content you don't actually LOSE progress.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Jesus I'm slipping. I actually watched that live and it never even registered in my stupid idiot head that it was gliding in central tyria.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, that's pretty neat at least. I'll have to come back and play around gliding in Central Tyria for a while.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I'd hoped they might do that for April 1st so this is a good sign

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
im really really hype about gliders in central tyria, i love gliding around and im pretty much totally willing to forgive them for HoT being kinda lackluster if it means gliders in central tyria

you monster

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 8, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I hope you can glide around in the cities, would be cool at afk in new places

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

No way, that rules

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

I hope its gated behind another mastery line so I can spend more time autohotkeying cattes in CoF

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
Jumping Puzzle night for SFD was

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

upcoming requirements for tyrian gliding

John Corpening posted:

1. Have purchased heart of thorns + unlocked gliding

2. Purchase tyrian gliding from gem store, current price is 1600 *this may change*

3. Level gliding mastery for every zone you want to glide in - you must earn the XP for that zone's mastery inside that zone

4. You must have map completion for that zone for each character that you want to glide with (not world)

5. You must have completed all of that zone's exploration achievements (e.g. jumping puzzles, diving goggles - places like dry top/silverwastes need all coins + badges, etc.)

6. GMs will be watching out for people attempting to break out of the map and will be handing out temporary suspensions for offenders

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I was getting angry, then I noticed the poster.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Jumping Puzzle night for SFD was

drat I'm bummed I missed it

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
It was great fun with a cool soundtrack to boot. Shame I had to take off early.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

DonVincenzo posted:

It was great fun with a cool soundtrack to boot. Shame I had to take off early.

You didn't give me and Juff a kiss to free us from the witch's spell. We are still in the falling rocks jp, frozen in a waking stony Hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I already told you I don't do kisses. :|

• Locked thread