Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy poo poo those last couple lines.

Why are you guys so in love with your soldiers, it's crazy.

Don't worry, once they come back minus half a leg or with crippling PTSD the average American soldier worshipper will be able to despise them like all welfare parasites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy poo poo those last couple lines.

Why are you guys so in love with your soldiers, it's crazy.

Because otherwise they have to admit that their friends and relatives are being flown across the globe to be killed for no good reason and making them heroes before they die is far more palatable.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I honestly don't see why America even needs a standing military or troops stationed abroad. Get all the troops in foreign countries back home and let each country do each country.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

oldpainless posted:

I honestly don't see why America even needs a standing military or troops stationed abroad. Get all the troops in foreign countries back home and let each country do each country.

:911:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Eponine posted:

Isn't it haram, if you will, to tell civilians about your deployment plans? My military friends have been very non-specific about where they are going before deployment other than "I am being deployed to Afghanistan." Once you're there it's no big deal, but I don't think they want it to be public knowledge of dates and places that they're shipping soldiers out.

This stood out, too.
"STDH writer does not understand OpSec." Check.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Also what was the deal with the 25 dollars from 3 separate people? I could see one guy handing him a 20 or something, but 3 people giving him more than one bill adding up to the same amount?

Yeah I could believe it was a thing to give people a 20 maybe, but two different bills that add up to the same amount is superfalse.

Superfalse is the new maximum overdidn't and I just coined it.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

TheRagamuffin posted:

This stood out, too.

They didn't say anything more detailed about deployment than "Afghanistan"? Petawawa is a Canadian Forces base in Ontario. Though somehow I don't think the Americans need to outsource their training to us.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

A Classy Ghost posted:

I LOVE that he got to eat a fancy meal while surrounded by the soldiers eating sack lunches.

I laughed at that too. What a dick.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Or that the airline is very happy to give him a free first class meal while being totally hamstrung and unable to give out free meals to the soldiers.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Murphy Brownback posted:

The soldiers were probably right - I'd have to be starving to want to pay extra for airline food. If someone bought me lunch after they heard me clearly say I didn't want one and wanted to wait for much better food instead, I'd be pretty annoyed. I doubt they were thinking "I can't buy this because I'm too poor", they were probably thinking more along the lines of "I don't want to buy this because the food is going to suck".

Also what was the deal with the 25 dollars from 3 separate people? I could see one guy handing him a 20 or something, but 3 people giving him more than one bill adding up to the same amount?

If their choice was to not splurge $5 on an airplane sack lunch but they're going to be eating MREs for a long time, you can bet the sack lunch sucked balls.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

quote:

So, remember that thing way back about lesbians “owning” flannel and loose clothing?
Well, today, I was out shopping. I saw an AWESOME plaid flannel shirt that happened to have the colours of the asexual rainbow on it (black, grey, white, purple). I was like “drat, I’m trying this on.” I mean, what’s better for an ace redneck than that shirt? Well, I tried it on, came out of the fitting room to check in the 3-way mirrors.
Then these girls (probably high school aged.), asked if I was “some kind of lesbian.” Of course, thinking that they were making fun of me for wearing flannel, I said that I wasn’t and it wasn’t nice to assume things about people and that they really shouldn’t use something like that as an insult.
Well, turns out, they had a Tumblr mentality and told me I was being homophobic and “a straight appropriating lesbian culture.” I told them that I wasn’t even straight and that I was asexual and they said it wasn’t even real.
I seriously thought that the original post on that topic was an attempt at trolling. Well, looks like I was very, very wrong. Pray to your chosen deities that people grow out of the SJW fad…

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The morons are splintering

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quote:

that happened to have the colours of the asexual rainbow on it (black, grey, white, purple).

Oh boy, can tell already this is gonna be a doozy.

I like the reversal though, I expected her to go all hardcore SJW on somebody else, but instead the other people called her out on appropriation! Hah!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I dunno about you guys and gals, but I routinely walk up to total strangers who are trying on clothing and ask them about their sexual orientations. That's just something people do, right?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If they're appropriating a culture, then yes you are correct and have a moral obligation to call them out on it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

oldpainless posted:

If they're appropriating a culture, then yes you are correct and have a moral obligation to call them out on it.

Tumblr asexuals claiming a random set of colors to represent them is hardly a "culture".

e: vvv rational human beings, presumably.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 19:33 on Jan 8, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Who are we to judge what makes a culture legitimate? I stand behind my original statement.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

oldpainless posted:

Who are we to judge what makes a culture legitimate? I stand behind my original statement.

It's not flannel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think a pilot leaving the cockpit just to shake someone's hand would be an FAA violation.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Hang on, if I'd been those girls and shamed her for appropriating lumberjack culture, would that be better or worse than what (never) actually happened?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Murphy Brownback posted:

Tumblr asexuals claiming a random set of colors to represent them is hardly a "culture".

e: vvv rational human beings, presumably.

Eponine posted:

It's not flannel.

I've reported both of you. Enjoy your bans.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

oldpainless posted:

I've reported both of you. Enjoy your bans.

Oh good. It's been a while since there was an update here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3617914

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As a straight white dude I don't appreciate lesbians appropriating our sacred flannel. It's our equivalent of feathered head dresses.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

TheRagamuffin posted:

This stood out, too.

STDH writer doesn't understand airlines either, because they don't accept cash, they don't sell anything for $5 and they sure as gently caress don't sell sack lunches.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Those teen girls locked her into a does your mom know you're gay style question. checkmate sjw hater

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Nobody has to add "I regret nothing" if they got laughs and cheers.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Brother just linked me this.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Gridlocked posted:

2 pages ago, Captain.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Gridlocked posted:

two pages ago m8

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Glad it's reposted though, because throwing trinkets at the feet of dancing street scum really shows how respectful the author is. Were it at all true anyway.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Glad it's reposted though, because throwing trinkets at the feet of dancing street scum really shows how respectful the author is. Were it at all true anyway.

Of course, the universe only makes people homeless so they can amuse you and assuage your guilt, right?

Right?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Samizdata posted:

Of course, the universe only makes people homeless so they can amuse you and assuage your guilt, right?

Right?

In feel-good fiction like this, the homeless, the disabled, and anyone who isn't white exist only to impart valuable worldly wisdom and life lessons to the protagonist.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

In feel-good fiction like this, the homeless, the disabled, and anyone who isn't white exist only to impart valuable worldly wisdom and life lessons to the protagonist.

Ahhhh, I have heard of this "Magic Negro Effect" (although I have yet to experience it).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

"I feel committed to finishing this Starbucks experience with you now."

http://imgur.com/gallery/YYuig

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

"I feel committed to finishing this Starbucks experience with you now."

http://imgur.com/gallery/YYuig

Something that always annoys me is when someone describes any mass of people as zombies like they're the special loving snowflake who is above consumer culture or whatever. Me, you and the important narrator are all just loving people too trying to get coffee or shop or whatever else.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tracula posted:

Something that always annoys me is when someone describes any mass of people as zombies like they're the special loving snowflake who is above consumer culture or whatever. Me, you and the important narrator are all just loving people too trying to get coffee or shop or whatever else.

She meant that it was early in the morning and everybody was tired, including herself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Those multitweet numbers look like citations. Like I should be able to click them for receipt stubs and surveillance cam footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Wanamingo posted:

She meant that it was early in the morning and everybody was tired, including herself.

Eh, that's fair and I did over react a bit. It's just a ~trigger~ for me or something I guess.

• Locked thread