Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pops Mgee posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't use the Sullustian "Noooo!" emote.

Blue twilek rebel girl doing the Tusken :byodood: "WARK WARK WAAARRRKKK!" emote is the best thing ever. You'll thank me later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
All of the Tusken emotes sound ridiculous.I think none of the VAs were told what it is even supposed to sound like because all the deliveries sound more like they belong in a rendition of Who Let the Dogs Out than Star Wars.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone here buy the PC version and have a spare SWTOR code they can PM me?

Much appreciated. Would buy you an AV cert or make a charitable donation if you hate giving poo poo to nerds.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Pops Mgee posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't use the Sullustian "Noooo!" emote.

I like the "Thumbs Up!" emote. As it functions both as compliment for a teammate and a sarcastic response against an enemy.:thumbsup:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MadJackMcJack posted:

He wasn't called Darth Hellman or something similar? Because I've been seeing that guy pop on Walker Assault with depressing regularity. At one point, I saw him loving advertising the hack :psyduck:

If you mean DarthHelmchen then yeah. It is a mix of Darth Vader and Lord Helmchen (German name of the Vader knockoff in Spaceballs).

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
He pretty much only plays WA. Just swap to supremacy or TP for a while. Or, quit and rejoin till you're on his team and soak up the easy wins. Equip pulse cannon and homing shot, and aim at the side of the field he's not on.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Chomp8645 posted:

All of the Tusken emotes sound ridiculous.I think none of the VAs were told what it is even supposed to sound like because all the deliveries sound more like they belong in a rendition of Who Let the Dogs Out than Star Wars.

You're only making me want it more.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I love when my black guy is doing it. He just seems so happy to stand there and
:byodood: OR OR OR OR

Edit: Jesus, is it a rule that all Twi'lek players have to be assholes that abuse the jump pack and bow caster?

moosecow333 fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 8, 2016

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

moosecow333 posted:

I love when my black guy is doing it. He just seems so happy to stand there and
:byodood: OR OR OR OR

Edit: Jesus, is it a rule that all Twi'lek players have to be assholes that abuse the jump pack and bow caster?

Look, man, how else are they supposed to let the world know that they reached level 40?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
How much is the black trooper armor? I am lvl 40 now but to me that is the only worthwhile unlock costume due to better camo on Endor. Should I start saving now?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Hopper posted:

How much is the black trooper armor? I am lvl 40 now but to me that is the only worthwhile unlock costume due to better camo on Endor. Should I start saving now?

17000 IIRC? Honestly, you make enough credits between about 45 and 50 to buy that with spare, so blow your credits on whatever. Shame the scout trooper looks poo poo compared to rebel aliens though.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Well I'll upgrade cards then.t
Honestly I mostly don't care for the skins, like I said the reason I like the black one is because it is less blatantly obvious to see on Endor and Sullust. I have not changed my dude past initially picking him for rebels.

And no helmet stormtroopers can gently caress off anyway. :colbert: That's just a lovely marketing ploy so they could claim "103210358 billion customizations" instead of "52 rebel and 5 imperial customizations".

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
Full disclaimer. I use a helmetless stormtrooper. I genuinely don't give a poo poo about all the "they're meant to be uniformly identical etc etc".

I mean come on, what the gently caress where they supposed to do with stormtroopers for customisation? Paint that no-one will ever see? Meh. I was happier to buy alien rebel skins, I skipped scout trooper entirely.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Or just have like 5 options for stormtroopers. Helmet less troopers just look dumb, like why would you ever take it off during combat?

I was also thinking they could have had a bunch of options of troopers with varying degree of armour damage and dirt/grime. Blaster scorches and shrapnel chunks.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Popete posted:

Or just have like 5 options for stormtroopers. Helmet less troopers just look dumb, like why would you ever take it off during combat?

So that I can have blond ponytail female stormtrooper and look like a universe crossover Samus Aran.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

MorsAnima posted:

I mean come on, what the gently caress where they supposed to do with stormtroopers for customisation? Paint that no-one will ever see? Meh. I was happier to buy alien rebel skins, I skipped scout trooper entirely.

Imperial Officer, Deathstar Gunner, AT AT pilot, Tie Pilot, etc? There you have different uniforms but instead of creating more models, they went the lazy and cheap way of "troopers have the same faces as rebels".

I also think only 1 body for rebels is a bit meh.

But I guess it also comes down to "babbies first enemy recognition". Imagine you would have to tell like 10 distinct uniforms apart.... that is not casual enough for this game.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Siets posted:

So that I can have blond ponytail female stormtrooper and look like a universe crossover Samus Aran.

Same, when I'm not rockin the shadow trooper.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Hopper posted:

Imperial Officer, Deathstar Gunner, AT AT pilot, Tie Pilot, etc?

Wanting these but complaining about Stormtroopers without helmets is the dumbest loving thing

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Same, when I'm not rockin the shadow trooper.

Same. :hfive:

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.

Hopper posted:

Imagine you would have to tell like 10 distinct uniforms apart.... that is not casual enough for this game.

I totally remember that being sort of a thing in BF2. Commander Clones (with the pink armor and a minigun :kimchi:) and Imperial Officers (looked like the officer in ESB inside the AT-AT) were pretty tough to see on Felucia and Endor.

Also the whole "we're doing Original Trilogy ONLY" thing is kind of contradicted by the fact Sullust is in the game at all. With Jakku releasing to (I guess) ramp up hype for TFA, It's almost like that wasn't the original plan but at some point when they decided doing TFA content was too much :effort: and they decided "Actually nope. Let's stick with OT."

This is all conjecture though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

NT Plus posted:

Also the whole "we're doing Original Trilogy ONLY" thing is kind of contradicted by the fact Sullust is in the game at all. With Jakku releasing to (I guess) ramp up hype for TFA, It's almost like that wasn't the original plan but at some point when they decided doing TFA content was too much :effort: and they decided "Actually nope. Let's stick with OT."

This is all conjecture though.

Chomp8645 posted:

I think it takes a willful ignorance to think that the announcement means "only stuff that literally appeared on film in the original trilogy". A non-retarded person would understand that it means that everything in the game will be in the OT era, which Sullust and Jakku both are.

omg boba fett was never on Endor this is a breach of their promise to stick to the OT!!!!!!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Helmetless Stormtroopers bother me just because they are easily mistaken for rebels when you're trying to fight them, so they can sneak by you sometimes and shoot you in the back of the head like dickbags full of butt sludge.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Except Jakku isn't exactly OT 'era' per se. I get your point though. :thumbsup: I'm willfully ignorant of :dice:.

Since we're talking about the announcement, who even would be the new heroes?

NT Plus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 8, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The battle at Jakku takes place shortly after the events of ROTJ, and long before the events of TFA. It involves the Rebellion and the Empire, long before the Republic or the First Order even exist. Both sides are armed with the same kind of ships and equipment used at the battle of Endor. It's about as OT era as you can get, including literally (based on chronology).

As for heroes who knows. Earlier speculation is summed as "probably Chewie and another bounty hunter", and "maybe Wedge or General Veers????"

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Yah you got me.

Also I guess it wouldn't be too far a throw to just make the heroes Chewie and Tarkin.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Gasoline posted:

Wanting these but complaining about Stormtroopers without helmets is the dumbest loving thing

Not sure why you think this is so outlandish? Name ANY occurrence of a Stormtrooper taking of their helmet that was not Luke/HAN.
On the other hand, Imperial officers, while not on every planet were present on Endor inside the shield station bunker thing and partook in the fighting IIRC.
AT ST and AT AT pilots are also a thing in the movies.

And Tie Pilots are a thing, frankly Rebels are sorely missing some clothing variety as well, such as Xwing pilot jumpsuits.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NT Plus posted:

Yah you got me.

Also I guess it wouldn't be too far a throw to just make the heroes Chewie and Tarkin.

If Tarkin's in game and can't continuously call in orbital strikes I'm going to be disappointed.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Spanish Manlove posted:

If Tarkin's in game and can't continuously call in orbital strikes I'm going to be disappointed.

Tarkin should be able to call in something a hell of a lot bigger than an orbital strike.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Chewie, Lando, Bossk, IG-88. That's what I'm rooting for.

There's no way Tarkin gets in, as amusing as it would be to watch Old Man Run And Gun. I'd rather it be Admiral Ozzel in that case.

And it just occurred to me to see if I can make John Ratzenberger's face as a Rebel.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 8, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sith Happens posted:

Tarkin should be able to call in something a hell of a lot bigger than an orbital strike.

He gets that at a 25 kill streak.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Spanish Manlove posted:

He gets that at a 25 kill streak.

One of his special moves would be called "Evacuate? In our moment of triumph?", during which all Imperials within a certain radius of Tarkin are completely invincible until there's one second left in the game and then Tarkin and all Imperials simultaneously die.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Tarkin will give enemy players the frowning of a lifetime.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Tarkin can call in a Death Star strike killing everyone, you get credit for all friendly/enemy kills but are locked out of that map for the next six hours.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Hopper posted:

Not sure why you think this is so outlandish? Name ANY occurrence of a Stormtrooper taking of their helmet that was not Luke/HAN.
On the other hand, Imperial officers, while not on every planet were present on Endor inside the shield station bunker thing and partook in the fighting IIRC.
AT ST and AT AT pilots are also a thing in the movies.

And Tie Pilots are a thing, frankly Rebels are sorely missing some clothing variety as well, such as Xwing pilot jumpsuits.

Of course officers and pilots and such exist, but especially pilots would not be in the midst of battle with an LMG. Just, like, no. And a helmet can get damaged, maybe the optics break down or whatever.
Officers would be cool though, I agree - they'd even work with all the different heads we have.

If you loudly dislike helmetless troopers because of "canon" reasons then you should be consistent and also dislike all the other stuff that wasn't in the movies, like Leia in her Hoth outfit on Endor, the Emperor on Hoth, the loving Jumppacks. Or Stormtroopers using Wookie Bowcasters, now that's outlandish.

Speaking more generally, most gamers annoyed at this just come across as not wanting to see women and/or black people in their Star Wars shootybang game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Gasoline posted:

Speaking more generally, most gamers annoyed at this just come across as not wanting to see women and/or black people in their Star Wars shootybang game.

Have you stopped taking your pills?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gasoline posted:

lol

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
For your information I hate the women/men storm troopers without helmets EQUALLY.

Now the old man/woman storm trooper, they are horrible and I can't stand them in my video game with or without helmet. Kill the elderly!

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Is this $20 yet?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Popete posted:

For your information I hate the women/men storm troopers without helmets EQUALLY.

Now the old man/woman storm trooper, they are horrible and I can't stand them in my video game with or without helmet. Kill the elderly!

The old man head is funny to me because regardless of which side he is on I can only see Captain Archer.

Probably because they both appear to be perpetually squinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
So I took a gander at the official forums to see if there's any news on when I can have more than one hand saved.

It's really never a good sign when the only official staff interaction is a thread titled 'we are listening,' is it?

• Locked thread