Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

Rinkles posted:

(nobody liked my sinkhole edit :[ )

You forgot the ring!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Foreskin Problems posted:

You forgot the ring!

Dammit!

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Dr. Clockwork posted:

You think this is a $50 card?

I think it sold out in a lot of places and people still want it so increasing in price is perfectly reasonable

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
For those who haven't watched it, LSV's latest Cube draft is hilarious. He loses round 1 in 11 minutes. :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This seems very unblue

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

This seems very unblue

well untapping is blue but yeah it's more a white card to me, its one of those bends they do to support the themes of the set

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rinkles posted:

This seems very unblue

I know what you mean. It has Jace showing some humility.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Support is so bad.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

There don't seem to be many surge cards beyond what was already spoiled. Bit of a letdown

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

mandatory lesbian posted:

well untapping is blue but yeah it's more a white card to me, its one of those bends they do to support the themes of the set

It basically acknowledges being a white card in the flavor text, too

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rinkles posted:

(nobody liked my sinkhole edit :[ )

I didn't even notice the edit. Like most of the art in this set, the art was already pretty rear end.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

We've done it. We've reached a point where Shock is too strong for standard.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Also, we didn't get the other half of the cycle of lands. Again.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's more that common removal continues to be bad, really.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Mana would be too good in Standard. It's already too good.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

were just regressing until we hit the power level of Legends limited.
Standard 2019 = 4x Sivitri Scarzam auto include

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

This isn't even like the second time we've not had R 2 damage.

Not counting the part where we currently have R 2 damage and do not know if one will be in SoI or not.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

They might do the same thing they did last time and finish the cycle in Innistrad

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Shock with an upside is currently in standard.

Maybe I'm alone in this but I like lower power levels in standard. The fewer Siege Rhinos and Mantis Riders around the better. I like games being a little durdley and less swingy, and lower average power level seems to lead to gameplay decisions, deck construction and player skill being bigger determinant factors than just "turn 4 Siege Rhino turn 5 Siege Rhino oops I win".

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mcmagic posted:

Mana would be too good in Standard. It's already too good.

It would certainly make the decks that would like to play dumb go go bullshit like Abzan Blue better.

If you're gonna do something as retarded as make mana good, go full retard and make it good for all combinations.

stinkles1112 posted:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I like lower power levels in standard. The fewer Siege Rhinos and Mantis Riders around the better. I like games being a little durdley and less swingy, and lower average power level seems to lead to gameplay decisions, deck construction and player skill being bigger determinant factors than just "turn 4 Siege Rhino turn 5 Siege Rhino oops I win".

You have high hopes for Searing Spear, don't you.

Also, Abzan is still going to exist after OGW comes out. Nothing has changed, you're still going to lose to the Double Rhino.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 8, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

stinkles1112 posted:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I like lower power levels in standard.

You're the loving worst and may the outliers trample and drain you for 3 until the end of your days

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

You're the loving worst and may the outliers trample and drain you for 3 until the end of your days

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I was looking at some old videos the other day, and it was crazy seeing lightning bolt and path side-by-side in standard.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

stinkles1112 posted:

Amen to this, maybe they could bring back 4 mana wraths too while we have pipe dreams of not siege rhinos.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I personally prefer that my rotating formats to not rotate at all for any reason so I can keep playing the same variety of standard forever. Especially if it blanks all creatures with three or less toughness.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Consuming Sinkhole is really confusing to me. It may have been marginal in BFZ draft since some decks had a lot of awaken spells, but here it just makes no sense. I guess some decks wouldn't mind playing a slightly smaller instant speed lava axe?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ramos posted:

I personally prefer that my rotating formats to not rotate at all for any reason so I can keep playing the same variety of standard forever. Especially if it blanks all creatures with three or less toughness.

What format can't run creatures with three or less toughness?

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Rinkles posted:

I was looking at some old videos the other day, and it was crazy seeing lightning bolt and path side-by-side in standard.

Followed by Jace, Stoneforge, Batterskull, Fetches, Preordain, and Bolt. So basically Legacy.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

stinkles1112 posted:

Overall lower power levels would be fine, but creatures continue to get better and spells keep getting nerfed. Rhino and Mantis Rider would be fine if we still had Bolt/Doom Blade/Mana Leak/Day of Judgement, but instead we have lovely spells that cant handle things efficiently which makes everybody just play their own pushed creatures and smash em into each other.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

stinkles1112 posted:

It's about to rotate, and since we've already lost Lightning Strike, Elvish Mystic, and 4-mana Wraths, we can hardly be sure of its return.

stinkles1112 posted:

Cutting a bunch of perennial utility cards while continuing to print powerful turn 4 haymaker creatures makes the game revolve more around those haymakers, not less.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Consuming Sinkhole is really confusing to me. It may have been marginal in BFZ draft since some decks had a lot of awaken spells, but here it just makes no sense. I guess some decks wouldn't mind playing a slightly smaller instant speed lava axe?

There's a lot of tools for a RDW-esque archetype, so maybe it fits in there. There's also a lot of "turn this land into a creature" effects even if they don't use the awaken keyword.

I think the card has some potential in aggressive red decks. It's a lava axe that can also lock an opponent out of the game if they stumble on mana.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

"This game revolves too much around overly pushed creatures, let's solve the problem by getting rid of cards that can remove overly pushed creatures"

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

AlternateNu posted:

For those who haven't watched it, LSV's latest Cube draft is hilarious. He loses round 1 in 11 minutes. :v:
I can at least understand why he posted it after watching

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Eldrazi Ramp is a hilarious deck to pilot and its going to be a lot more hilarious when Kozilek and his Return are around so that Infinite Obliteration stops ruining your good time.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I want to make kruphix eldrazi.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
magic sucked when spells were overpowered and creatures sucked. just fyi for everyone that started playing in the last decade

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We're at leasting getting Grasp of Darkness, Immolating Glare and the colorless cards as new 2 mana removal options in this set. I kindof like the 1 mana dehydration as well but I don't know if that's just too narrow to be playable.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

born on a buy you posted:

magic sucked when spells were overpowered and creatures sucked. just fyi for everyone that started playing in the last decade

actually magic ruled when you got to cast cool spells, also when synergy and other cool things got to happen and you had to make decisions instead of just windmill slamming down bodies on curve to turn sideways forever

lol if you never got to play cool decks like tinker, or blue green madness, just lol

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

actually magic ruled when you got to cast cool spells, also when synergy and other cool things got to happen and you had to make decisions instead of just windmill slamming down bodies on curve to turn sideways forever

lol if you never got to play cool decks like tinker, or blue green madness, just lol

Unban Survival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

born on a buy you posted:

There's plenty of room between Necropotence and Ironroot Treefolk, and 1RRR: deal one damage to target planeswalker.

• Locked thread