Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

kalensc posted:

:stare: (single banner contains both I presume?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Benthalus posted:

Seeing how DeNA has altered the Beginner Banner and SSB banners already, changes are sure to come and likely none for the better.

They'll still all have 3 SSB weapons and 6 non-SSB character relics on them. It's very hard to mess up 5 banners with that setup such that 0 of them are really good.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kalensc posted:

Really hope they toss in at least one or two Wall or Hastega (besides Boon) relics, otherwise I don't know what to look forward to besides FFT I guess (which I'm not up to speed on, I just know everyone is giddy for it).

The big draw for the FFT banner is the Platinum Sword, which gives Ramza's SSB (Scream/Yell/whatever they choose to translate it as) which is basically Planet Protector + Hastega. Combined with Ramza's absurd skillset (5* Support, 4* Combat/Knight/Ninja, in the wake of Lifesiphon coming around to keep his SB boost consistently up). The other relics aren't bad either (Agrias has a Power/Magic Breakdown SB, Ramza has a Cura+Protectga and 100% Dismissal SBs) so it's just a great banner to pull on for SBs in general.

e:f;b

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
This game makes me feel ungrateful. I've spend a bit of mythril trying to get an SB weapon and the game has deemed me worthy today, but its given me Tellah's Polymorph rod. A fine synergy rod and one I believe I needed as my 5*++ Ice Rod isn't anything special. Still, I don't often use Tellah and so I'm disappointed and ungrateful. I am being very undude and I don't like it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

The big draw for the FFT banner is the Platinum Sword, which gives Ramza's SSB (Scream/Yell/whatever they choose to translate it as) which is basically Planet Protector + Hastega. Combined with Ramza's absurd skillset (5* Support, 4* Combat/Knight/Ninja, in the wake of Lifesiphon coming around to keep his SB boost consistently up). The other relics aren't bad either (Agrias has a Power/Magic Breakdown SB, Ramza has a Cura+Protectga and 100% Dismissal SBs) so it's just a great banner to pull on for SBs in general.

e:f;b

Are they just nuts because they don't have associated Realms?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Charles Bukowski posted:

This game makes me feel ungrateful. I've spend a bit of mythril trying to get an SB weapon and the game has deemed me worthy today, but its given me Tellah's Polymorph rod. A fine synergy rod and one I believe I needed as my 5*++ Ice Rod isn't anything special. Still, I don't often use Tellah and so I'm disappointed and ungrateful. I am being very undude and I don't like it.

I know what you mean but mine was probably worse. I pulled SG and my first reaction was basically "ugh, I have to use Tyro now". I still haven't been able to make him do much damage but he's a good support/medal condition filler. Maybe this is the game telling you how great Tellah could be.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Benthalus posted:

Seeing how DeNA has altered the Beginner Banner and SSB banners already, changes are sure to come and likely none for the better.

Yeah, they'll almost certainly get rearranged, and probably nerfed, but they'd have to do some crazy-hard nerfing to make them bad. As it is there are wall and hastega relics on almost every banner, and they're just generally packed with really good mitigation and party-wide buff relics instead of lame "3 physical hits" relics. Crossing my fingers that DeNA doesn't ruin them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

djfooboo posted:

Are they just nuts because they don't have associated Realms?

Little bit of that, little bit of legitimate fully visible power creep. Around the time we get the Kefka/Exdeath events, there's gonna be a pretty huge surge in SB quality, both visually and in terms of utility. It's part of why the SSSB fest would be so hard to gently caress up.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sprite141 posted:

Dancers get aoe breaks/breakdowns that do no damage. Multi-boss fights aren't common but I can see that being useful later.

I think dancers are in a good place right thanks to Mog RM2 and the Protecga Dance. With Shellga and Concentration 2 it'll let you have both protections up for every round of a dungeon which is becoming more and more necessary as the story dungeons climb higher and higher in difficulty.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I think dancers are in a good place right thanks to Mog RM2 and the Protecga Dance. With Shellga and Concentration 2 it'll let you have both protections up for every round of a dungeon which is becoming more and more necessary as the story dungeons climb higher and higher in difficulty.

Actually that's bard. Bard gets buffs (attack, magic, defense, and resistance boosting), Dancers get debuffs (lower attack, magic, defense, resistance). Tyro is the ultimate performer, being able to bust out all songs and dances with full efficiency.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Zurai posted:

Even better. Single banner contains all 5 of those relics -- and the non-SSB relics are double draw rate, so you actually have a ~5% chance per pull to pull a relic for Ramza and an additional ~3% chance to pull a relic for Agrias. ~8% spread among the two of them, per pull, and even the weakest SB of the lot (Ramza's Throw Stone) is still a 6 hit attack with 100% stun chance.

:woop:

Is it wrong that my two first thoughts were "that would be an amazing banner to get lucky on, maybe some 11-pulls will get some cool stuff" followed by "reddit tears will be hilarious".

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zurai posted:

Even better. Single banner contains all 5 of those relics -- and the non-SSB relics are double draw rate, so you actually have a ~5% chance per pull to pull a relic for Ramza and an additional ~3% chance to pull a relic for Agrias. ~8% spread among the two of them, per pull, and even the weakest SB of the lot (Ramza's Throw Stone) is still a 6 hit attack with 100% stun chance.

It's going to be crushing to burn 200+ mithril on that banner and get nothing. Ramza and Agrias are both insanely good characters too. Anyone who gets Ramza's SSB can basically set him up with Lifesiphon (and maybe Ace Striker from Tidus) and fill their SB gauge absurdly fast. Apparently Lifesiphon + Ace Striker gets you a full SB bar ever 2 siphons and 1 hit you take. Against AOE bosses you're basically going to have 100% uptime on his SSB while probably throwing out a SB or two for damage.

Getting all 3 relics for Ramza basically means you don't remove him from your party outside of gimmick stuff like the magic-only abyss stuff.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So, in general, what's the easiest way to cheese the gently caress out of Yunalesca Ultimate? I WANT that accessory, but I'm likely gonna have a lot of fuckups along the way, BUT...god knows I do that anyways.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Did a three pull on the banner, nothing good. Oh well. That's it for FFIV stuff for a while, isn't it?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kemix posted:

So, in general, what's the easiest way to cheese the gently caress out of Yunalesca Ultimate? I WANT that accessory, but I'm likely gonna have a lot of fuckups along the way, BUT...god knows I do that anyways.

From what I've heard, good old fashioned Advantaliting is enough.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

From what I've heard, good old fashioned Advantaliting is enough.

Yup, plus anything to buff your Resistance (either armor or abilities or SBs) since you can't affect her MND stat via breakdowns.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

What I did was Advantaliate her along with popping Memento of Prayer (Party Regen) after every Hellbiter to get rid of Sap and bypass the threat of Holy entirely. Her Ultimate version only has a 5% chance of using Mega Death so the benefit of not worrying about Holy nukes far outweighs the risk of that coming out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Schwartzcough posted:

Actually that's bard. Bard gets buffs (attack, magic, defense, and resistance boosting), Dancers get debuffs (lower attack, magic, defense, resistance). Tyro is the ultimate performer, being able to bust out all songs and dances with full efficiency.

Oh sorry, guess I didn't take a close enough look at Rikku's skill set before slapping skills on her.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Yeah, despite how nasty Mega Death sounds on paper, the reward far outweighs the risk. Towards the end of the fight Holy is just as lethal anyway if your mitigation runs out from Osmose eating all the charges.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kalensc posted:

"reddit tears will be hilarious".

What about the goon tears? Because you know that's coming too.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
It's such a highly anticipated banner that I hope we get something even half as entertaining as that guy on reddit who spent 500 mythril trying to get One Winged Angel and didn't

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kemix posted:

Advantailate and maybe Carbunkle (e: I mean Kirin for regen) since Mega Death is rare in the last phase and single target Holy is more common/dangerous. Both my clears I never saw it get used (2nd clear was fast enough that my 1st advance hadn't ended yet either though) and that was with a 5*+ weapon, so a 5*++ like the fencing saber we constantly get in FFX events should also be fine.

IcePhoenix posted:

Schwartzcough sighs as he draws another 3* katana.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 8, 2016

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Absolutely do not use Carbuncle. Yunalesca absorbs Holy.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Absolutely do not use Carbuncle. Yunalesca absorbs Holy.

Well, if its a question of holy nuking and killing someone vs. having to kick out a few more attacks on your advantilator before you finish the fight, it might be worth using.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Goons in this thread are chill and I hope they get lucky on banners. Also there isn't the laughable melodrama that reddit can crank out. Schwartz and IllegallySober and other run-unlucky goons keep on truckin'.

Edit: LITERALLY SHAKING

Something from reddit posted:

Some of you may remember my post from the other day. Well, between Mithril Mother Lode, completing quests, and the Sephiroth event, I did end up making it up to an even 500 mithril. enough to do ten 11-pulls. All for the One Winged Angel, which I didn't even get. I'm mean, I'm just absolutely furious and devestated by this. I knew that it was never guaranteed, but I really really thought I was going to end up with it after all these pulls. No OWA, no Diamond Pin, just a bunch of garbage. I did get some 5-stars, but then I also had some pulls that didn't even contain one 5-star. 55 pulls, and not a single soul break relic. I'm sorry, but the odds of getting these are just way off for them to be even a little bit of fun. I'm sorry if this is unintelligible in the slightest, but I am honestly shaking right now. If DeNA wanted this game to be fun, they would give you a chance in hell of actually getting the relics that you wanted. I saved up, and entirely skipped the soul break celebration event, and it was all for nothing. If I paid in cash, this would have been around $300 worth of pulls. I'd say I deserve at least something for this. Well, I'd like to thank you all for participating in the fun and anticipation of my original post, as well as all of the help and strategies over the past few weeks/months. That being said, I will NEVER touch this game again, and will be giving my account away to whoever wants it. Hopefully getting all of my characters/gear for free will dissuade someone from otherwise spending money on the game. Anyway, I have ALL characters, mostly 50/65, all available summons, tons of skills honed really high, and a bunch of pretty good gear BUT OBVIOUSLY NO MITHRIL OR CHARACTER SOUL BREAK RELICS.

I'm sorry for the wall of text. Account is first come, first served.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 8, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Meanwhile I'm getting into the idea of having a caster bonk Kain out of his starting Confusion state. I know I should get Josef instead due to more efficient stuff, but for the time being, this is a good idea.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Apparently the event plan for the next few events in Japan got posted on Reddit:

FF6 (Edgar + Sabin focused, currently running) -> FF10 (Dress Record for Auron) -> FF14 (new playable character, event will revolve around Titan) -> FF7 (Dress Record for Sephiroth)

Also a crossover with Final Fantasy Mobius event in the near future (FF1 synergy), and on January 13th the title screen music will change to celebrate having all the main-number titles finally represented (since the core dungeon update that day will introduce FF11 dungeons)

They also commented that they're still working on a character augument system, although what that entails hasn't been explained yet.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Schwartzcough sighs as he draws another 3* katana.

Irony is there are no 3* katanas and only 1 4* katana.

There's a reason katana users without access to other weapons tend to be considered not very good (CYAN)

EDIT: Oh god I just realized this probably means a SSB and MC2 for Y'sholta, just in case she wasn't good enough already.

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 8, 2016

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Is that one time where cloud picked up Sephiroth's katana in the flashback the only reason he can use katanas?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So this is still months away and I have time to save up mythril right.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

the Orb of Zot posted:

FF14 (new playable character, event will revolve around Titan)

I have absolutely no idea who this could be - Thancred and Y'shtola are the only main FF14 characters of any combat prowess who interact with Titan in any way.

Urianger (lol)? Merlwyb (double lol)?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
just give us Yda who cares

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hurry up and give us Haurchefant too

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Assuming the order and event rate stays as it was in Japan, this'll be 11 weeks away. Plenty of time to gather mythril.

Also forget everything else just give us Y'shtola's MC2.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

I was actually wondering the same and searched the reddit for FFRK and came across some good Zurai content (posted a month ago fwiw). I'm fuzzy on the dates of the FFT event though, I guess estimated for end of April, a month after SSSB?

quote:

You'll have way more than 350 mythril by the FFT event. I made myself a spreadsheet to track mythril income and plan expenses; I have 174 mythril today. By the time the FFT event is expected to come, I will have 324 mythril after spending 425 mythril on intervening banners/lucky draws. In other words, there's roughly 600 mythril between now and then.

(someone asks what he plans to spend on)

I'm planning to spend 50 mythril on Faris/Krile's second banner and 50 mythril on one of the Rikku banners, both because my synergy in those realms could use work. After that I'm not spending on anything except Lucky Draws until the Super Super Super Soul Break Festival at the end of March. I have 150 mythril earmarked for that (specific banner TBD), 50 for Advent Children hoping to get the Fusion Sword, 50 for Minwu/Leila's second banner for FF2 synergy, 200 for the Tactics banner, 50 for Yuna's Tiny Bee, 50 for Basch's second banner hoping to get a gun for Balthier or Basch's Hand of the Emperor buff, then 200 for the presumed Burst Super Soul Break Festival which should hit end of June-ish for us. I've also budgeted ~150 mythril towards Lucky Draws in that time frame, and I have about 50 spare mythril after all that.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Niton posted:

I have absolutely no idea who this could be - Thancred and Y'shtola are the only main FF14 characters of any combat prowess who interact with Titan in any way.

They could always use the Hyur design for the Warrior of Light used to represent the player in CG cutscenes.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Niton posted:

Urianger (lol)? Merlwyb (double lol)?

It's going to be the Dragoon from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDg44MVJLrw

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

kalensc posted:

I was actually wondering the same and searched the reddit for FFRK and came across some good Zurai content (posted a month ago fwiw). I'm fuzzy on the dates of the FFT event though, I guess estimated for end of April, a month after SSSB?
That sounds nice hopefully I can build up a ton since I have a lot of story dungeons I can run through.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Dr Pepper posted:

Yes. About 12 events from now (i.e. ~3 months, so some time in April)

Here's what's between now and what Japan has going on, for reference:

(WE ARE HERE) FF4 (Edge + Rosa, DK Cecil MC2)
FF13 (Fang, Lightning SSB and MC2, Lifesiphon now available)
FF7 (Yuffie, Red XIII MC2)
FF9 (Beatrix, Steiner MC2)
FF12 (Penelo, Fran MC2; Ultimate difficulty fight was considered an absolute nightmare in JP and basically kills Advance + Retaliate strategies, be warned)
FF6 (Kefka, Terra SSB and MC2)
FF1 (maybe WoL's MC2?)
FF5 (Exdeath, Bartz SSB, Galuf MC2; note that SSBs and MC2s after this point begin to become much more common in events, 5* abilities now a part of dungeon awards for the EX++ fights)
FF10 (Jecht, MC2 for Yuna)
SSSB Celebration (ORB FESTIVAL, Cactuar now guaranteed to drop 4* orbs, Gigantaurs now guaranteed to drop 5* orbs)
(Chambers of the Abyss began here, those won't really match up well so just note there's one new one every month)
FF7 (Advent Children themed, first BSSB and first Dress Record of the game, both for Cloud)
FF8 (Laguna, Mechanist abilities, first time a new character gets a SSB right off the bat)
FF9 (Freya)
FF2 (if we somehow don't get them before this point, expect all the FF2 MCs we haven't already gotten to show up here, also Minwu and Leila)
FFT (Ramza and Agrias, first time new characters get MC2s right off the bat, THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE SAVING UP FOR)
FF10 (BSSB and Dress Record for Yuna)
FF6 (Relm)
FF7 (Vincent)
FF12 (Basch)
FF8 (Edea, Squall's BSSB)
FF4 (Palom + Porom, Darkness abilities, yes it seriously takes THIS LONG for another FF4 event, don't bother rolling for FF4 synergy during this one)
FF3 (Desch, anything from 3 we're still lacking will show up here in all likelyhood)
FF9 (Kuja)
FF7 (Cait Sith)
BSSB Festival (ORB FESTIVAL, new type of Cactuar that drops anywhere from 3 to 10 4* orbs)
FF13 (Vanille, BSSB and Dress Record for Lightning)
FF6 (JAPAN IS HERE, no new characters)

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 9, 2016

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is that one time where cloud picked up Sephiroth's katana in the flashback the only reason he can use katanas?

The sword you could buy in Wutai was a katana
:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Aerox posted:

It's going to be the Dragoon from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDg44MVJLrw

Aw, I wanted the Monk Guildmaster. Oh well.

• Locked thread