Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
One thing that makes Idle Weekend great, and unique, is so much of the discussion is about their own personality traits and why that causes them to like or dislike certain games. And in that discussion we see reflections of ourselves as well. The discussion becomes as much about human nature as it does about game playing.

One of my favorite sites is http://www.psychologyofgames.com/, and some of the discussion in Idle Weekend is similar to what I would read on that site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This week's Thumbs is hella strong between Steve in general and Nick's mom's journal.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
And Beastcast has Danielle as a guest :toot:.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am <10 minutes into this weeks bombcast and Dan is already making me gag. Happy new year, everyone.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Phone posted:

This week's Thumbs is hella strong between Steve in general and Nick's mom's journal.
Yeah, I deeply miss original scoops on Thumbs. As much as I like the rest of the crew Steve's flavor of weird tastes very much overlaps with mine

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

And Beastcast has Danielle as a guest :toot:.

I've been waiting for this ever since Danielle moved to New York.

Hooray!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Steve is on this weeks episode of the IGN Xbox podcast and it was pretty good, aside from some strange sound issues.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It was weird that Danielle talked about polygon top 10 on the Idle weekend and then she's apparently on a new job for Zam? or something.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

It was weird that Danielle talked about polygon top 10 on the Idle weekend and then she's apparently on a new job for Zam? or something.
She's their new reviews editor, which shocked me because I didn't know Zam did content other than game wikis.

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I am <10 minutes into this weeks bombcast and Dan is already making me gag. Happy new year, everyone.

Dan should be locked away in a government facility and studied.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Milkman posted:

Yeah, I deeply miss original scoops on Thumbs. As much as I like the rest of the crew Steve's flavor of weird tastes very much overlaps with mine

I always consider steve as part of idle thumbs because he was on a load of the early episodes. I just got round to playing her story and went back and listened to the spoiler cast which was great.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The Idle Weekend music is so good, it makes me ready for the weekend.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I know the opinion of TotalBiscuit is shaky on SA, but I found this funny:

amazing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Does he have a history of hating wrestling or something?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
No, he's a pretty big wrestling fan actually, i was moreso referring to the fact that a professional wrestler was gonna be on a gaming podcast

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean...it's not really surprising considering what Xavier Woods is doing on youtube. Hell, he did a thing with Giant Bomb East a month or two ago, and I believe he's talked to the Super Best Friends as well.

He's a colossal nerd. Like, gigantic.

He did a GOTYlist for Giant Bomb, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh wait, I might be thinking of THEGREATBLACKOTAKU, Brennan Williams, who is a former football player turned professional wrestler, and also a gigantic anime/game dork.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brennan_Williams

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Brennan Williams is probably what every internet nerd teen aspires to be. 6'6" Professional Football Player turned Pro Wrestler and giant loving weeb while he's at it too

but yeah I knew Xavier Woods did UpUpDownDown on his own time with other wrestlers its just weird to me that TV Stars are getting in on the YouTube thing

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh wait, I might be thinking of THEGREATBLACKOTAKU, Brennan Williams, who is a former football player turned professional wrestler, and also a gigantic anime/game dork.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brennan_Williams
I think I heard Brennan on an episode of Super Best Friend Cast. Really fun guest.

He sounded like a decent human being though, so probably wouldn't associate with TotalBiscuit.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

What do goons have against TB anyway other than he's a blowhard making money being a blowhard?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

double nine posted:

What do goons have against TB anyway other than he's a blowhard making money being a blowhard?
He's kind of a dick. Also there's That Infamous TB Atheism Post on SA. There was also that kid who used his make a wish thing to meet TB and he only did a video conference or something like that.

Other than that I guess that he embodies the "annoying british youtuber"???

edit: also, telling people to "get cancer and die" on twitter, and the cruel irony of that now happening to him I suppose

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
He's part of the whole gamergate shithole, and one of the people for whom following on Twitter is a pretty good predictor for being an arsehole in general. Other than that I haven't had a lot of direct exposure to him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fangz posted:

He's part of the whole gamergate shithole.
oh right, I totally forgot gamergate was a thing and that TB was a big proponent of it

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean...it's not really surprising considering what Xavier Woods is doing on youtube. Hell, he did a thing with Giant Bomb East a month or two ago, and I believe he's talked to the Super Best Friends as well.

He's a colossal nerd. Like, gigantic.

He did a GOTYlist for Giant Bomb, too.

It is surprising that someone as progressive as Xavier Woods chose a turd like totalbiscuit of all people though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
True, though it could be something he was asked to do rather than by his own volition, for pure exposure purposes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Captain Invictus posted:

True, though it could be something he was asked to do rather than by his own volition, for pure exposure purposes

Yeah, quite possible that one of Vince's favourite toadies just heard about this youtube thing and that was that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Treat it like I'm gonna: I never watch TB-related content, so I can just pretend that the whole New Day run in and powerbomb a Brit.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

END ME SCOOB posted:

Treat it like I'm gonna: I never watch TB-related content, so I can just pretend that the whole New Day run in and powerbomb a Brit.

Yeah, I'm just assuming that Big E is going to walk in and destroy a fool.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

I've read this sentence a few times and I still don't know what it all means.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Jippa posted:

I've read this sentence a few times and I still don't know what it all means.

"If, like me, you do not watch the british man's videos, you are free to imagine Xavier Woods' tag-team partners coming in and performing feats of strength upon the morally questionable man."

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Thanks for the translation.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

He's kind of a dick. Also there's That Infamous TB Atheism Post on SA. There was also that kid who used his make a wish thing to meet TB and he only did a video conference or something like that.

Other than that I guess that he embodies the "annoying british youtuber"???

edit: also, telling people to "get cancer and die" on twitter, and the cruel irony of that now happening to him I suppose

lol jesus, who would use their Make-A-Wish to meet TB

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol jesus, who would use their Make-A-Wish to meet TB
It was a young kid, and he was a huge fan of TB's videos, it's not really difficult to understand a little kid not knowing the TB persona isn't the real thing and not knowing about TB's actual lovely self. TB is huge with kids, which makes his gamergate poo poo that much worse, because it impresses upon the younger generation some really questionable stuff.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

augustus gluten posted:

Dan should be locked away in a government facility and studied.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5dzAs3WToo

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

mango sentinel posted:

She's their new reviews editor, which shocked me because I didn't know Zam did content other than game wikis.

They didn't, until now. Danielle was brought on as one of their top editorial people.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Greg Miller creepin in the back

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

This week's episode of Retronauts is all about a game that's old even if you think it's not: Half-Life 2:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/retronauts-pries-into-the-recently-old-half-life-2

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm apparently second behind Sam "DOS Apocalypse" Bair in number of games suggested for Abject Suffering. I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed. Why am I doing this to you?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

bobservo posted:

This week's episode of Retronauts is all about a game that's old even if you think it's not: Half-Life 2:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/retronauts-pries-into-the-recently-old-half-life-2

You're clearly mistaken. It was just a few months ago that I watched the oil barrel plinko physics video and got mad at Fragmaster for suggesting that the game was going to be delayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's about time that the Half-Life 2 Trilogy was cataloged.

• Locked thread