Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Does anyone else feel like everything in Wildstar is a ridiculous money sink? Between runes, more slots, repairs, etc - leaving out all the costumes, housing poo poo, mounts, flair, and all of that, I feel like I am perpetually broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Cyster if you follow this thread at all, find someone and gently make the suggestion that amps and ability tier points should be purchasable via glory.

Right now the most time efficient way to get them us to grind pvp. The elder gem cap makes PVE unviable.

EDIT: really anything to alleviate the 50 grinds, specifically runeslots/ability tier and amps. Runes isn't completely horrible, but ability tier/amps is just obnoxious when leveling an alt.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 15, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cyster if you follow this thread at all, find someone and gently make the suggestion that amps and ability tier points should be purchasable via glory.

Right now the most time efficient way to get them us to grind pvp. The elder gem cap makes PVE unviable.

EDIT: really anything to alleviate the 50 grinds, specifically runeslots/ability tier and amps. Runes isn't completely horrible, but ability tier/amps is just obnoxious when leveling an alt.

game too tough for you cupcake

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
yes

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

It was pretty out of control for a couple of weeks, but they seem to have a handle on things.

Cancer tends to be less of a problem for corpses.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anoia posted:

Please don't post pictures of us mainlining MMOs.

Excuse you some of us have a proper iv drip, we take this seriously.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
I just played this game for the first time and it is not that terrible a game for free, you all must have spent some money on this to feel so bad?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

A lot of people got burned by the launch hype, yeah.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
what the heck are you people still doing here

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

cupachabra posted:

I just played this game for the first time and it is not that terrible a game for free, you all must have spent some money on this to feel so bad?
Ironically I don't think the goons who got conned by a (now former) CM to moving to a new PVP server during launch are still posting. They have the most reason to be angry since the server was a ghost town within a month.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cupachabra posted:

Objectively, the game is terrible. You can stomach through it but once you hit level cap, like all MMOs, there is lovely end game content.

The slog to level cap isn't fun either. Its repetitive bullshit you find in WoW or hundreds of other mmos like it.

I, like probably a million other idiots, rather waste our time or money playing a new poo poo mmo hoping it has staying power and isn't total poo poo than waste our time on an already dead game that proved to be poo poo.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Objectively, the game is terrible. You can stomach through it but once you hit level cap, like all MMOs, there is lovely end game content.

The slog to level cap isn't fun either. Its repetitive bullshit you find in WoW or hundreds of other mmos like it.

I, like probably a million other idiots, rather waste our time or money playing a new poo poo mmo hoping it has staying power and isn't total poo poo than waste our time on an already dead game that proved to be poo poo.

my extreme brain illness compels me to defend all things with cartoon characters and numbers to the death. you will never convince me that wildstar is not GOAT

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

I'm glad to see that the F2P transition has revitalized this under-appreciated masterpiece.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Wonder Turbine posted:

I'm glad to see that the F2P transition has revitalized this under-appreciated masterpiece.

Well hey, at least you don't have to play The Siege of Tempest Refuge this way.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I wonder how much of a difference, if any, the "preferred status" priority queue feature makes. Knocks 30 minutes off that 4h30?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
At first I was like 'oh, it's predicted 4:30; five minutes isn't bad'.

Then I realized there were more numbers.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
ok I just hit a part where you have to jump in this game and it really pissed me off because I am bad at jumping in games. but I still think this is better than you are giving it credit.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
The last handful of deadenders who think Wildstar is a fundamentally good game that Carbine is just mismanaging are melting down in increasingly fantastic ways

quote:

Banned for speaking the truth I assume? I've got a total of 20 accounts for Reddit, so I'm not upset at the ban at all.

I am a "tiny bit" curious as to what the thinking is on these bans. Because 18 seconds after I lose one account I have another. It can't be stopped by IP in a million years since there are trillions of IPs I can and will use.

Are the bans to make YOU feel like you're "cleaning up the community?" Is it because you disagree with me so you retaliate the best and only way you know how? Are you paid by ..well never Carbine can't afford to pay anyone, NCSoft doesn't care..so scratch that idea.

Why bother "policing" text in a gaming forum where, In America free speech still has a place until the democrats and Obama hand it over to the Syrians and ISIS to turn this country is a Muslim loving poo poo hole.

Its just words dude (or dudette, doubt there any chicks left) don't be soft , thinned skinned or weak. Just a heads up for life in general. Good luck.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I'm so happy you're a mod, chairman.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Chairman posted:

The last handful of deadenders who think Wildstar is a fundamentally good game that Carbine is just mismanaging are melting down in increasingly fantastic ways

A bigot, a misogynist and an idiot all in one go. God drat.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Holyshoot posted:

A bigot, a misogynist and an idiot all in one go. God drat.

Wildstrump 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I love when people scream "FIRST AMENDMENT" as a way of bitching that their posts on a privately owned forum are being removed.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

In what world is "I have 20 reddit accounts" a positive thing and not something that is met with immediate laughter and ridicule?

quote:

Why bother "policing" text in a gaming forum where, In America free speech still has a place until the democrats and Obama hand it over to the Syrians and ISIS to turn this country is a Muslim loving poo poo hole.

I don't even have to say anything about this. It stands so much for itself, like very few things do

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Wuxi posted:

In what world is "I have 20 reddit accounts" a positive thing and not something that is met with immediate laughter and ridicule?

I don't even have to say anything about this. It stands so much for itself, like very few things do

Not only does he have to have all those usernames and passwords written down. But some subreddits won't even show your posts until you have positive karma. So he has to maintain the appearance of 20 reddit accounts. Pretty sure it'd be easier to just not post really dumb poo poo then avoiding a reddit username ban.

What was his post that got him banned?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Got to hand it to the guy. He's busy taking over an empty building in Oregon and still had time to maintain 20 Reddit accounts and post that. Hope he lists being a multitasker on his resume.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Nothing in general, just a long history of being terrible:

quote:

LOL you dumb motherfucker. AMD is budget junk. They have never been able to make anything worth a dime.

Get at me when you can build your own, you little OEM fgt, I've built more, benched more, competed more,won more. Don't ever try and school me you little Windows ME bitch, funny as gently caress.. AMD fgt know nothing pussy. Your dipshit friend probably shouldn't be using a loving PC, go grab and god drat loving iMac you trendy loving Wal-Mart shopping lesbians.. rofl... done.

quote:

Uhh..STFU. Go pvp with a Stalker you gigantic bloody tampon. Stalkers get BUFFED every God drat loving patch. gently caress PVE for ruining the best God drat combat WASTED on human being PvE.

quote:

I get poo poo for posting here all the time because all the other actual players are gone, they don't give a poo poo about this game anymore because Carbine doesn't give a poo poo about them.

Yes, the game is dying. Yes this is the 2nd launch out of desperation, yes PvP is horrible, Yes Carbine hates PvP.. yes the PvE crowd is terrible at PvP and the community is horrible. PvE being the sad priority destroyed the other half of the player base that NEVER SAID A WORD. THEY JUST QUIT THE GAME.

Weirdly, almost to a one all the worst posters on that sub consider themselves hardcore PVPers

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Chairman posted:

Weirdly, almost to a one all the worst posters on that sub consider themselves hardcore PVPers

Wildstar PVP is just awful though. It's "See how many telegraphs can overlap" the game. 1 on 1 can be interesting, 2 on 2 can be interesting, but once numbers start going higher it all becomes a clusterfuck of overlapping telegraphs.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

well since the PvP in the game is so bad, he figured he'd try 1v1ing people on the subreddit

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

which one of you fuckers is this

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Commissar Budgie posted:

which one of you fuckers is this

I wouldn't mind seeing him sheathed, if you know what I mean! (dick and condom)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Chairman posted:

Holy poo poo that first one hahhahahhahah. Would love to see the context of that convo.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
So when blade and soul launches is when the game starts to decline further right?

Also when are those financial reports listing since that's the only way to figure out the true state of the game

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

noELrunes posted:

So when blade and soul launches is when the game starts to decline further right?

Also when are those financial reports listing since that's the only way to figure out the true state of the game

Early February should be the next one.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

The angry guy is still messaging me

quote:

So I didn't violate any of those terms, yet I'm reading a thread with several posters that are and are allowed to continue to post.

Got it. Hypocrite. I've no doubt you're voting Bush or Hilary.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

The Chairman posted:

Dunning–Kruger effect.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Chairman posted:

quote:

I've no doubt you're voting [someone not named Trump].

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

The Chairman posted:

These are wonderful by the way.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I saw mention a little while ago that the low level PVP brackets (Waliki Temple especially) are almost entirely dominated by bots, and Carbine still can't figure out what to do about it.

The idea of no one left but bots duking it out over those drat masks is just magical. :allears:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anoia posted:

I saw mention a little while ago that the low level PVP brackets (Waliki Temple especially) are almost entirely dominated by bots, and Carbine still can't figure out what to do about it.

The idea of no one left but bots duking it out over those drat masks is just magical. :allears:

What do people even have to gain botting low level pvp zones :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
oops.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 9, 2016

• Locked thread