Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Except for loving Dooku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Except for loving Dooku.

Her speed doesn't curve well as she gets higher level, it seems, but yes, Dooku is loving ridookulous.

Also, gently caress Dooku.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Just pulled a Lobot out of the free card pull. I might level him up as a poor man's Ackbar so I can have at least one character that can dispel negative effects.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Luminara is the 3rd fasted ATTACKER in the game, and she comes with a group heal. She's usually the first to attack and can be devastating in conjunction with a Poe debuff.

Already have Lumi, using my GW tokens on her. I'm just slowly grinding hardmodes and Cantina battles for Talia.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Talia is useful to keep tapped up because she's the only other dark side healer, her one weakness is probably that the AI will use her self-harming heal even if people are heal-blocked/she's the only one injured.
Otherwise she's kinda tanky, hard hitting and got utility - while being very easy to grind (let's not ignore that part).
Probably gonna drop her eventually in Arena, but it feels like Chewie and JC can be dropped before her?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Talia is also useful for the Savage Oppress challenge because her debuff is guaranteed if he doesn't resist it and it lasts a while.

Black Hole Bowser
Dec 31, 2007
plunderer of outer space
Just started playing yesterday. Is the current Greedo dark side starter $5 pack worth it?
I'm also wondering about arena rankings - do they reset each day or does it carry over? I'm currently just short of 2500 in my group, and it seems like it would be good to get higher than that for 400 currency to buy Sidious shards. If I spend the 50 crystals, is that just for one more fight or does it reset to 5 more? The game really doesn't explain this stuff that well.
My ally code is 214-688-923 if anyone still has space as well!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Mile'ionaha posted:

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

What you mean is send in A Team to execute Sideous. When tank taunts retreat to clear Sids DoT and heal immunity. Continue to execute attackers.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash
I just started this game.
I'm gonna get Nute Gunray and make nerds upset.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

Missed out sniping the number one arena spot by about 5 seconds because Daka's attack is so, so sloooow.
Got distracted and almost lost a 5v2 (barriss, chewie) in Arena to time because of this. She had self-resurrected earlier and when I went into auto-fight I thought that that had cost me the match.

afkmacro posted:

I'm confused. am I supposed to get lumi or resistance pilot with GW greenbux?
Yes.

... You want at least one "real DPS", a healer, and Sidious; that's the basic well-rounded meta right now. RP is a good, easy to farm candidate for your DPS, but competes with Lumi for GW currency; Geonosian Soldier or Luke (from Cantina battles) are alternatives if you want to prioritize Lumi over JC. Resistance Trooper doesn't eliminate JC or Lumi shards, but will be harder to farm (just two hard missions) and so less powerful for a long time. I guess you could get Hoth Rebel Scout from cantina missions but then you can't buy Daka, and good luck in Dark Side missions without her. Also I have no idea how good HRS really is but he's really fast and I'm curious myself.

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

I just started this game.
I'm gonna get Nute Gunray and make nerds upset.
Do it, I got Greedo up to rank 58 last night! Sidious is overrated (or more likely Phasma is overpowered)

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Fought my first FO team as the last team in a GW. Phasma lead, officer, storm trooper, Chewie, JC. It could have been tough if Chewie was Kylo and JC was Lum. Something to think about in a few months when at the level cap.

Just completed something similiar, also in the last battle. It was identical to what I'm working on getting, so it bodes well. Phasma lead, Sid, Kylo, JC, and Daka. His Sid was 7* and I believe everyone else was 6*. I never would've been able to beat this team in Arena.

It took like 3 re-loads just to take out the Sid, and I had to sub in more DPS to do it. Ended up losing a couple dudes, but I got it done. Definitely looking forward to when my team will be on that level.

I got Kylo 2 nights ago with a (stupid) chromium pull, and he's already 5* since he was almost done being farmed at that point. My Sid's 7*, and I'm now focusing on leveling up Phasma, Kylo, Daka, and JC exclusively. Lumi is really really good, but I really need Phasma shards. JC will be 7* after a day or two, and Daka's about halfway to 6*. I think I'll be able to go without Lumi in Arena until Phasma's done.

What are people spending their Arena points on after getting Sid to 7*? I am torn between spending them on HK or Asajj and just hoarding them and waiting for the shipment shopping list to be overhauled or for the shard market to be implemented to sell off Sid shards like hotcakes.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
What star level do you get Old Daka and Sid at when you complete them via shipments? Is it 4* or 1*?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

kaschei posted:

Got distracted and almost lost a 5v2 (barriss, chewie) in Arena to time because of this. She had self-resurrected earlier and when I went into auto-fight I thought that that had cost me the match.

Yes.

... You want at least one "real DPS", a healer, and Sidious; that's the basic well-rounded meta right now. RP is a good, easy to farm candidate for your DPS, but competes with Lumi for GW currency; Geonosian Soldier or Luke (from Cantina battles) are alternatives if you want to prioritize Lumi over JC. Resistance Trooper doesn't eliminate JC or Lumi shards, but will be harder to farm (just two hard missions) and so less powerful for a long time. I guess you could get Hoth Rebel Scout from cantina missions but then you can't buy Daka, and good luck in Dark Side missions without her. Also I have no idea how good HRS really is but he's really fast and I'm curious myself.
Do it, I got Greedo up to rank 58 last night! Sidious is overrated (or more likely Phasma is overpowered)

Thanks that's helpful. I think i'll focus on Lumi for GW, Luke for cantina, and keep grinding gear.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Present posted:

What star level do you get Old Daka and Sid at when you complete them via shipments? Is it 4* or 1*?

Both at 4

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Has anyone done a heavy First Order team to take full advantage of Phasma's ability? I have all 4 FO characters now but leveling and gear up the two I just got will be a lot of effort.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Has anyone done a heavy First Order team to take full advantage of Phasma's ability? I have all 4 FO characters now but leveling and gear up the two I just got will be a lot of effort.

Unless you are a big spender, no one will have such a team at this point. Most FO guys aren't easily farmable.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Ok, that was the worst Arena fight ever. Luke and Luminara each revived twice, and Daka was pulling off two-character stuns with nearly every attack. Icing on the cake was when I thought I got everything under control and she revived herself, leading to time running out.

I can't wait until I'm pulling that poo poo off myself.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Present posted:

10 shards = 1*
25 shards = 2*
50 shards = 3*
80 shards = 4*

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Day one of purp grinding and I'm averaging 2 material drops per 120 stamina. Is that supposed to be so low? It's going to take weeks to get people up to 7.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jibo posted:

Day one of purp grinding and I'm averaging 2 material drops per 120 stamina. Is that supposed to be so low? It's going to take weeks to get people up to 7.

Matches my experience, so probably.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Oh wow there's a thread for this dumb game. I can't stop playing it.

Am I totally overrating the Ewok Elder? I feel like he's goddamn ridiculous, but suffers from being a total poo poo to farm shards for.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
What should I spend my cantina energy on if I only have the first board cleared? I've gotten Chewie to 4*, but not sure where to go. Luke needs like 50 shards which will take a while, and Talia need 25. Are the other options good?

I also got Hoth rebel soldier from a bronzium pack, is he any good? Tried him a bit, but his damage seems low and taunting for two turns seems to get him killed very easily.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Wilekat posted:

Oh wow there's a thread for this dumb game. I can't stop playing it.

Am I totally overrating the Ewok Elder? I feel like he's goddamn ridiculous, but suffers from being a total poo poo to farm shards for.

I think he's super fantastic, but he isn't in my A-team right now for this exact reason. Until I think level 8 hard, you can only get shards from one hard quest. I've got him at level 50 (I'm level 52), 2* (1 shard short of 3), gear level V.
There are some good and bad things bout him though. Good: He attacks a lot. On average, I'd say he attacks 4 times for every 3 from another same speed. This means he blows through his cooldowns. His heal gets pretty decent as you level his abilities (25% health, and he gets decent health). Also, it removes ALL negative debuffs the higher you get it, including Sid's health debuff. Also, it has a chance to revive. Additionally, he has a revive ability, it does nothing but revive. This is amazing in GW, because if you're having a hard time with losing people on a level, bring in Lumi, JC, and Elder, and your team won't die, or someone does, you'll bring them back.
Bad: he doesn't do much damage. He doesn't have utility beyond heal/revive (e.g. Lumi's ability block).

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Sjonkel posted:

What should I spend my cantina energy on if I only have the first board cleared? I've gotten Chewie to 4*, but not sure where to go. Luke needs like 50 shards which will take a while, and Talia need 25. Are the other options good?

I am a big fan of Luke, with Sid leading he crits quite often and hard and hes only 4* blue. As soon as I get him to 5* and purple gear I'm gonna bring him into arena, too.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jibo posted:

Realistically over time it's closer to 1 per 40 energy.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 8, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

I am a big fan of Luke, with Sid leading he crits quite often and hard and hes only 4* blue. As soon as I get him to 5* and purple gear I'm gonna bring him into arena, too.

Ditto. Luke is a good B team, or sub in as DPS.

I want to see a high level Poe with Luke leading.

Regen as much as he takes on most attacks!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Ditto. Luke is a good B team, or sub in as DPS.

I want to see a high level Poe with Luke leading.

Regen as much as he takes on most attacks!

Add R. Pilot and you're going to see some absurd things happen.

e: Here's the crew I'm kind of starting to work towards:
Poe lead, Lumi/Barriss (I'm not going to have Barriss for a long time), Rey, R. Pilot, R. Trooper. Between the speed and the damage of this team, I feel like it will wreck a bunch of arena crews. Everyone seems to be focusing on Sid's anti-healing right now...I just want to nuke everyone.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 8, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The problem I see is some of the stats seem to make very little sense. Physical damage for example: FOP does far more damage than Lumi yet only has like 200 more physical damage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

The problem I see is some of the stats seem to make very little sense. Physical damage for example: FOP does far more damage than Lumi yet only has like 200 more physical damage.

Yeah, I'm super confused by this. My Lumi has 40 more Physical Damage, than R. Pilot. However, R. Pilot hits about a megaton harder, crit or no.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I left a FO Pilot alive for 2 rounds. He just one-shot a person each round. Man that damage is insane.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

commish posted:

I left a FO Pilot alive for 2 rounds. He just one-shot a person each round. Man that damage is insane.

The amount of damage that pilot can poo poo out is incredible. He is always a first pick off if I even so much as see that black helmet.

Sadly he always dies almost immediately whenever I put him in my teams. I gotta get some stars on him.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I may have discovered an arena exploit, but I'm not sure. If you start an arena battle, then push the power button, then go back in, you will come back to a paused arena. I had 4 minutes left, so I left it paused for a minute, and it was still at 4 minutes left when I unpaused it.

So...potentially, you could start a fight at 5:30, leave it paused for 26 minutes, and then finish it?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Malgrin posted:

I may have discovered an arena exploit, but I'm not sure. If you start an arena battle, then push the power button, then go back in, you will come back to a paused arena. I had 4 minutes left, so I left it paused for a minute, and it was still at 4 minutes left when I unpaused it.

So...potentially, you could start a fight at 5:30, leave it paused for 26 minutes, and then finish it?

Timer goes in the background, even if you have it paused.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

commish posted:

Timer goes in the background, even if you have it paused.

Oh weird, I just tested that out and got that, yeah. It shows the old time for a second, and then reverts...I noticed it this time, but not last time I guess. Oh well. I will just go back to keeping squad arena open for the last 30 minutes before 6.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I spent too many crystals on refreshes, and I'm about to run out of my fake work money.

Someone make me stop.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Got back to 8 from the high 40s. As more people get to 60 I'm noticing it's harder to keep ranks. Initially I would drop 10 or so ranks, now I'm dropping 30-40 in a day. I'm at 21200 power. It's going to be important to find a comp that gets around the shortfalls of the AI and can routinely pull out a victory without you controlling them.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Zotix posted:

Got back to 8 from the high 40s. As more people get to 60 I'm noticing it's harder to keep ranks. Initially I would drop 10 or so ranks, now I'm dropping 30-40 in a day. I'm at 21200 power. It's going to be important to find a comp that gets around the shortfalls of the AI and can routinely pull out a victory without you controlling them.

I seem to have started early-ish on a fairly low $$ server. I've also played the ever-loving poo poo out of this game, so, there's that (and spent $20). I spent 50 crystals on arena today in the hopes of holding out a higher spot, and right now I'm at 2 with an hour and a half to go, 2 attacks remaining. The highest level people on this server are level 57, while I'm level 53, and I haven't seen any 7 star leaders (mostly 5*, a handful of 6* (3rd and 4th place 6* Sids. Highest power I've seen is just shy of 18k, while I'm just above 15k. If I get lucky with a snipe (hitting a 16k), I think I can stay in the top 5 through reset.

I also think I ended up in an arena bracket that doesn't play in Pacific (US) time. I see very little jockeying around my 6PM time, which has helped me to maintain a sub 50 ranking (this is my first time going for sub 20). When I lose arena ranking, it's mostly overnight, and then again between about noon and 4 pm.

Just an hour and a half to go...c'mon, we can do it.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
^^ I think I am in the same bracket as you, but I didn't start as early. I am only level 46, but have noticed I loose my ranking spot at night far more often than I do around reset. I also see a butload of barris teams at the high end, making me think the bracket might have been formed after the dokku pack ended, since she seems strong against sid, but weaker against Dokku.

I unlocked Sid and Lumi yesterday, and finished my first GW that day as well. Today I ran into a level 60 team in GW with a 59 darth vader. That was some real BS, but I managed to win after a few S/L.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

^^ I think I am in the same bracket as you, but I didn't start as early. I am only level 46, but have noticed I loose my ranking spot at night far more often than I do around reset. I also see a butload of barris teams at the high end, making me think the bracket might have been formed after the dokku pack ended, since she seems strong against sid, but weaker against Dokku.

I unlocked Sid and Lumi yesterday, and finished my first GW that day as well. Today I ran into a level 60 team in GW with a 59 darth vader. That was some real BS, but I managed to win after a few S/L.

I got hit from 2 to 11, and then just used my second to last attack to get back to 5. I should be able to snipe #2 at the last minute...will post about it. I'm Mal, so you can actually check the leaderboards to see if we're in the same server.

Finished 7. Set up a snipe on #2, who was less than 1k above me. Unfortunately, his team was Sid (lead), Vader, Dooku, Ren, and Barriss, which is a little better than my team of Sid, Lumi, JC, Luke, R. Pilot. It also didn't help that Vader and Sid's AOEs meant I had to burn my heals right away (instead of nuking someone), and then Dooku pulled off his usual bullshit to stun and assassinate all of my characters. And then, because I was so pissed off, I forgot to let the client time-out....and someone sniped me, putting me at 7.

All that said, 7th has some pretty sweet rewards.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
no top 10 today, got RNGed harrrrrrrd. My Sid's AOE whiffed on 4 out of 5 guys, Lumi's Block didn't land once against anyone, and got pummeled by a high-level Rey that basically had perma-Forsight/Offense Up that I now covet very badly. Still almost won but my lone beat up Sid couldn't evade for crap against a lousy Bariss. Oh well I was getting spoiled, top 20 is still good

• Locked thread